Twilight Out of Focus
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 12, 4:16 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to rohan121
@Spunkert
I think a lot of younger male users review bombed the series for being gay propaganda. Even as someone normally against dei, I think it is silly mistaking josei/shoujo with woke propaganda. I guess a lot of newer fans mistake sweet baby with fujoshis. Lol
Something like dragon ball daima turning goku gay would bean example of real dei slop if that were to happen, and in that case I would sympathize with review bombing.
@rohan121 This is a typical result when a conflict becomes too mainstream and attracts random people. On the one hand we have people who complain about the male audience in shonen, on the other we have people who consider BL anime gay propaganda. Both sides just want to be trendy, so they make a mess of things they don't understand.

@Yuri_Niji @aedeann People criticized and mocked BL long before many people who call for gatekeeping started watching anime themselves. The fact that gay content has always been a prominent part of the anime industry does not change the fact that gay shipping has always had many vocal critics. For example, sometime before the end of the 00s it was popular to discuss gay ships in the general discussion of shonen titles, but at some point the hatred towards fujoshi reached such an extent that people became afraid to call themselves fujoshi outside of focused places.

@234Mannan I don't think the average gender or sexuality of anime fans is any different from the general population. With the exception of individual titles or genres, of course. But this argument is generally false, since it denies at a minimum that straight people can watch gay shows with the opposite sex.

@September People weren't attacking the BL show in general, people were attacking this show specifically. But you are ignoring one point - most likely they have been wanting to turn this off for a long time, just taking advantage of a good opportunity.
RobertBobertAug 12, 4:28 AM
Aug 13, 9:49 PM

Jun 2009
Reply to Spunkert
Why? Because it's yaoi? Did it cause a shitstorm or something?
@Spunkert Oh yeah. Dudebros are big mad that Crunchyroll posted it to their FB.

They are 100% to blame for CR removing the comments. As a big fan of BL, I personally love this anime so far. ^^ Haters gonna hate but I'm gonna love BL even louder. :D

You have been blessed by sparkly bishie Cherry Blossom <3 You're welcome ^^

Aug 14, 10:21 AM

Dec 2015
Reply to KittyxChan
@Spunkert Oh yeah. Dudebros are big mad that Crunchyroll posted it to their FB.

They are 100% to blame for CR removing the comments. As a big fan of BL, I personally love this anime so far. ^^ Haters gonna hate but I'm gonna love BL even louder. :D
@KittyxChan So true, my sister in yaoi! [*pulls out glowsticks*]

いる。

る。

🐆 🕊️
Aug 16, 11:22 AM
May 2023
Reply to BlondieLottie
Unpopular opinion: I am in favor of this measure that Crunchyroll made. It is true that it is an extreme measure; however, internet trolls subvert the term "freedom of expression" for the worse.

Also, the funniest thing of all is that most of the people who complain are mainly conservatives (the most hypocritical people out there and, ironically, they are the ones who most often censor "problematic content").

I have no idea what the comments regarding Cherry Magic or Tadaima could have been like, but... looking at it, I imagine they must have been the same or even worse than those seen en masse in Twilight Out of Focus.

I show the following example:

@BlondieLottie as an "alphabet person" (tf) this is terrifying
Oct 2, 5:15 PM

Apr 2019
A group of stupid homophobes, as usual, ruin everything
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» In another life time...

AnimeZ0id - Oct 17

3 by ExpiredH20 »»
Oct 20, 2:59 AM

Poll: » Tasogare Out Focus Episode 12 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Sep 19

38 by aedeann »»
Oct 14, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Tasogare Out Focus Episode 8 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Aug 22

31 by Bisalissy »»
Oct 8, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Out Focus Episode 11 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Sep 12

20 by cooldogmom »»
Oct 5, 11:42 AM

» This will be my first BL anime what can I expect?

ishowcunny - Jun 11

26 by ishowcunny »»
Oct 4, 1:19 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.