Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 9, 2022 10:31 PM
Nov 2015
Saku_k said:
Red_Tiger_12 said:

This is honestly one of my gripes with the anime just haphazardly using the girls' Union Bursts and doing so in a way that Yuuki's presence and buff on them makes almost no difference. While visually they look astonishing, story-wise, if they are already pulling off such astronomically powerful attacks, what's the point in keeping the guy who's role it is to allow them to do that?

If Pecorine's Princess Strike can already obliterate a giant monster... then what's the point in keeping Yuuki around? The fact that he is barely allowed to play his other important role -- forming strong bonds with the other characters who end up helping him and his friends -- makes this even worse in my eyes. You can practically write him out and give his other character traits and importance to the story to any of the others and nothing would be different (which, actually, already was a thing since last season anyway). In the game, at least, his ability to buff his friends is treated as being crucial in almost every climax (the Main Story or Events).

The only other reason to keep him around, aside from his powers, would be because he is the main driver of the story, a totally awesome guy whom everyone loves, so of course they want to be with him and fight for him.
But that also falls by the wayside in the anime.
He talks about protecting his bonds this time, meanwhile Kyaru and Peco are busy making bonds with each other and not with Yuuki.
He basically lost all his bonds in choosing to do the reset, rather than going back and fighting, but has totally failed to rebuild them.
I feel like the anime is an excellent opportunity to delve deeper into his character and give him a more prominent role, because he is no longer relegated to being a silent protagonist like in the game. But instead they made him even more irrelevant...

Pretty much what I mean.

The anime is the right alley for them to give Yuuki some depth and agency as his own person without the Player's influence. They are doing that more this season, but the fact remains that they still aren't letting him do much that actually impacts the story of which is partly centered around him (with Pecorine being the other one) makes him someone you can just replace with any of the side characters.
Mar 9, 2022 10:50 PM
Nov 2015
DarkEminence1954 said:

Saku_k said:

The only other reason to keep him around, aside from his powers, would be because he is the main driver of the story, a totally awesome guy whom everyone loves, so of course they want to be with him and fight for him.
But that also falls by the wayside in the anime.
He talks about protecting his bonds this time, meanwhile Kyaru and Peco are busy making bonds with each other and not with Yuuki.
He basically lost all his bonds in choosing to do the reset, rather than going back and fighting, but has totally failed to rebuild them.
I feel like the anime is an excellent opportunity to delve deeper into his character and give him a more prominent role, because he is no longer relegated to being a silent protagonist like in the game. But instead they made him even more irrelevant...

That's where you got it wrong. He doesn't want to protect his bonds, he wants to protect his friends. In the flashback, we see him making the sacrifice to everyone's attachment to ensure the reset can commence.

Also you saying he failed to rebuild bonds is also wrong. He had make connections with Kokkoro, Aoi, Eriko and Kasumi. Sure, it's not that much but I'm confident that he'll get them all back.

Yuuki wants to protect both the bonds he has formed AND friends he has made, whose aforementioned bonds he has (re)connected with. YOU got it wrong. In almost all of Laby's appearance, she puts emphasis on Yuuki protecting and savings his friends THROUGH the bonds he forms with them all. That's been the one recurring mission he has in both the game AND anime -- saving these girls through his bonds and friendship with them.

Losing his bonds with his friends because it would mean having to start over again where all parties don't remember each other, all the times they've spent, is what pains Yuuki CONSTANTLY whenever he has to make the choice in an effort to save them. Sacrificing those precious moments, the connections he's made and the people he has met and come to care about is what breaks him more than whatever wound is inflicted on him.

And yes, while he has made a connection with Kokkoro and Kasumi, stating that he has one with Aoi, someone who he practically tolerates at best, and Eriko, who he would prefer to be as far away from as much as possible (along with the rest of Twilight Caravan except possibly Ruka and Anna who he hasn't met yet here) is completely wrong; you're mistaking the moments he shares with them from the game in the anime, where Yuuki is far more open and accepting their wackier quirks compared to here (where in Eriko's case, he never is afraid of her and actually enjoys being around her as much he does the other girls).
Mar 10, 2022 12:13 AM
Aug 2021
I'm literally crying right now, I didn't know that this episode would so emotional.
Mar 10, 2022 5:43 AM

Jun 2016
this emotional episode so fucking deep with that ending song too !!

i dont care with that red haired girl with megane , atlesy our cute karyl didnt die there !!
Mar 10, 2022 11:14 AM

Jun 2015
Now that is an episode!! After all the shenanigans and frollicks of earlier in this series, shit is kicking off and people keep throwing shit at the fan! Loved it, need more! Epic anime eps.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 10, 2022 11:29 AM

Jun 2015
Red_Tiger_12 said:

This is honestly one of my gripes with the anime just haphazardly using the girls' Union Bursts and doing so in a way that Yuuki's presence and buff on them makes almost no difference. While visually they look astonishing, story-wise, if they are already pulling off such astronomically powerful attacks, what's the point in keeping the guy who's role it is to allow them to do that?

If Pecorine's Princess Strike can already obliterate a giant monster... then what's the point in keeping Yuuki around? The fact that he is barely allowed to play his other important role -- forming strong bonds with the other characters who end up helping him and his friends -- makes this even worse in my eyes. You can practically write him out and give his other character traits and importance to the story to any of the others and nothing would be different (which, actually, already was a thing since last season anyway). In the game, at least, his ability to buff his friends is treated as being crucial in almost every climax (the Main Story or Events).

This is not the game, its a story being told based on the game. Pecorine seems to be able to obliterate everything, but we've already learned that power comes mainly from her armour. On top of that she carries on and does not give up because of her friends and sense of responsibility.

This very same sense of action when the red haired glasses woman could of delivered a finishing blow to the evil one but she ported the fox girl to her. Thus setting the stage ofr MC and our fine cast to save fox girl and fight evil god queen.

Honestly, are you even watching the same show?
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 10, 2022 11:28 PM
Dec 2018
I guess Yuuki says it clearly that he wants to protect his friends. Even when it comes to protecting his bonds, he's talking more about protecting his friends and not saving or enhancing bond level. Things become cluttered when you try to translate game mechanics directly to the anime. It's also clear that anime takes a different take from the game. In game story we see Yuuki has already met every girl atleast once before, but here in anime we see him meeting almost every girl for the first time. I also don't agree Peco's Princess Strike can obliterate everyone strong monster, as we've seen in the first episode of Season 1, or Episode 12. Even in Episode 4 of this season, it took many Princess Strikes just to dislocate the arm of that giant golum, while it took one boosted Princess Strike to obliterate it. Hence I think Yuuki is getting the character development he deserves. From being the one to be protected to protecting his friends, he's taking the steps, and as a character, he is growing. Now it's his time to shine, since the enemy is not a monster, but the main boss, and his own friend, and Princess Strike won't work against such circumstances. The stakes have never been this high, and there's no Laby to protect him.
Mar 10, 2022 11:44 PM

Oct 2008
they have presented us again, another glorious sakuga episode!!! bravo! clap clap clap!
5/5!

Mar 11, 2022 12:43 AM
Nov 2015
Roch2001 said:
Red_Tiger_12 said:

This is not the game, its a story being told based on the game. Pecorine seems to be able to obliterate everything, but we've already learned that power comes mainly from her armour. On top of that she carries on and does not give up because of her friends and sense of responsibility.

This very same sense of action when the red haired glasses woman could of delivered a finishing blow to the evil one but she ported the fox girl to her. Thus setting the stage ofr MC and our fine cast to save fox girl and fight evil god queen.

Honestly, are you even watching the same show?

You're countering my criticism using two things that have no relation to what I was even saying.

And I'm not blind as a bat: I know what I'm seeing and spending my time on. I'm not talking about Pecorine, I'm talking about Yuuki. I know the anime is based off the game. I'm not arguing it should be a faithful adaptation of it; I'm arguing some of the liberties it's taken that one of the main characters, the main male protagonist at that, is barely relevant that, as I stated before, one could just as easily write him off and pass all of his characteristics and role to any of the other characters and virtually nothing would be different.
Red_Tiger_12Mar 11, 2022 12:50 AM
Mar 11, 2022 1:33 AM

Dec 2008
that was at least confusing, what was the red fuming fruit in the beginning?

I didn't expect to see blood in Princess Connect! Re:Dive, I'm sad.

I feel sorry for the lady with the red hair, that was really underhanded of Kaiser.
Why were there 2 Kaiser again? and one is apparently friendlier lol.
Why would she teleport Karyl in that situation and lol she even would sacrifice her cute loyal servant/spy. I hope that the anime won't get darker than this.

Karyl drama will probably hit hard, she never wanted that to happen.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2022 6:22 AM

Sep 2020
Really awesome fight and crazy visuals! Also there's two of them?
I wonder if Akira will come back or not.
Mar 12, 2022 5:50 PM

Nov 2009
Saku_k said:
amlg said:
It feels like the "Loop" might not be able to be reactivated for a while. Meaning if Yuuki actually does die now, it means Evil Queen wins and no one else can stop her anymore. (Yuuki needs to be alive for the loop, and Laby to activate the loop)

The game and anime showed that Mana and Yuuki been going through loops and they always ended up in a sort of stalemate where Mana always wins but Yuuki goes in a loop and taking Mana with it.

And the only way for Mana to win is to completely destroy Yuuki and his companions before he loops.
Which is probably the reason why Yui was separated fairly far away from Yuuki and they don't meet up to fight against Mana.
By making Yuuki gather up his harem slower, gives Mana higher chances of winning and preventing him from looping.

None of this is true. Is this theory crafting based on the English version of the game, where these things have maybe not been explained yet?

The anime literally showed us Laby activating the loop as a "past Yuuki" was dying. (episode 5 I think)

the rest was just me piecing together what they gave us, mostly from the anime cause some game's haven't been shown. (I only say things from game that's already revealed in the anime, thus there's no spoilers) (of course, some may be "wrong" from the game, but we're already shown the anime and the game are on different parallel worlds and not everything is the same)

Such as the anime doesn't have all girls immediately recognize Yuuki, cause unlike the game, Yuuki in the anime haven't met all of them all by himself (without Peco and Kokoro) within a single month.

This difference makes the plot very different on how the anime and game progress. (even tho most events remains the same, but some of the playout and outcome are different) (such as Peco getting teleported when fighting the golem and the farm girls getting attacked by the shadow, the game had a different playout) (or how this episode had Laby getting stabbed)

Especially on the part about "Yui" that's only shown as a flashback in the anime. While the game literally had Yui make her appearance right at the beginning after Kokoro. (when they fought the first wolves)

amlgMar 12, 2022 5:59 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Mar 13, 2022 12:09 AM
Nov 2015
amlg said:
Saku_k said:

None of this is true. Is this theory crafting based on the English version of the game, where these things have maybe not been explained yet?

The anime literally showed us Laby activating the loop as a "past Yuuki" was dying. (episode 5 I think)

the rest was just me piecing together what they gave us, mostly from the anime cause some game's haven't been shown. (I only say things from game that's already revealed in the anime, thus there's no spoilers) (of course, some may be "wrong" from the game, but we're already shown the anime and the game are on different parallel worlds and not everything is the same)

Such as the anime doesn't have all girls immediately recognize Yuuki, cause unlike the game, Yuuki in the anime haven't met all of them all by himself (without Peco and Kokoro) within a single month.

This difference makes the plot very different on how the anime and game progress. (even tho most events remains the same, but some of the playout and outcome are different) (such as Peco getting teleported when fighting the golem and the farm girls getting attacked by the shadow, the game had a different playout) (or how this episode had Laby getting stabbed)

Especially on the part about "Yui" that's only shown as a flashback in the anime. While the game literally had Yui make her appearance right at the beginning after Kokoro. (when they fought the first wolves)

The rules of the 'Groundhog Day Loop', like the one PriCon uses, is that things don't always stay the same in every loop. Regardless if anyone in the loop is aware of it or not, has memories of the past loops or not, changes will inevitably come. There is a point of divergence in every story that utilizes Time Loops and/or time travel -- a nail that divides when, where and how events play out and why they seem to have changed from what was already seen and known.

As you already stated, in the game Yuuki met Yui at the same time he met Pecorine during the beginning of the other loops. However, keep in mind that in the game, Yuuki and Kokkoro didn't have to fight off a pair of hungry wolves that wanted to eat Yuuki (not to mention, Pecorine didn't have to chase after two random ass guys who stole her sword). You can already pinpoint where things started to change right from the first Episode. Sometimes the smallest of changes can lead to bigger things.

Mar 13, 2022 6:43 AM

Aug 2021
Pecorine is nervous about telling Karyl the truth, missing her chance to do so before Karyl leaves for a while. While Karyl, Kokkoro and Yuuki stay at the guild house, Karyl visits Her Majesty, whom she finds having trouble sleeping and stays by her side. When she wakes up, she tells her about some onigiri she prepared for her, ending up eating together.
Mar 13, 2022 7:55 AM

Dec 2008
amlg said:
Saku_k said:

Hi.
You said "Yuuki needs to be alive for the loop, and Laby to activate the loop".
Let's pretend we have no knowledge of the game, and we are going entirely off of info that is provided in the anime. Laby shown activating the loop, doesn't mean that she is the only one who can do so. For example, how do we know Ameth can't do it? Furthermore, we don't know what exactly she was doing. Maybe the loop activates automatically when certain conditions are met, and all she was doing was meeting those conditions to force a loop. The anime also never provides any info saying Yuuki needs to be alive. Laby could've been ready to initiate a loop, but wanted to give Yuuki a choice first. He might not necessarily need to be alive.

I didn't understand how you could state it so matter-of-factly that this is the way the loops worked, when the anime doesn't explain or show any of that. This is why I wondered if this was just theory crafting.
Mar 13, 2022 3:59 PM

Jun 2021
This anime is a masterpiece, and all the characters are 10/10.

They make me feel so emotional always :')
Mar 15, 2022 1:50 AM

Mar 2016
Even here there are still some straight up Karyl haters thinking everything should be so black and white when we've only got glimpses of her interactions with Kaiser and (as anime only) know nothing for sure about their past.

However I'm glad that there are at some people who are looking at it sensibly. Is Karyl a bad person, yes. She has been continuing to spy on her friends even after enjoying her time with them more over the past 2 seasons and is still loyal to Kaiser even with her questionable acts. But that is what makes her complex and a victim. It's clear in her behaviour with Kaiser that she's being manipulated in some as she expects punishment for the slightest failure, but perks up at the slightest praise. So it's ok to not like her, but ffs get out with the victim blame game.

The key point to this ending is that it's a major turning point. Until now, no one has actually been seriously injured and died from the what Karyl has seen the Kaiser do. She even went against Kaiser to take out the massive shadow golem at the end of S1. But even so, there is clearly some underlying bond which we haven't seen that keeps her hopeful that everything will be fine for everyone.

Now she has seen someone she knows Yuuki is very close to be heavily wounded and is aware there are actually 2 Kaisers in play. and after being witness to that, I doubt Kaiser is going to just let Karyl roam free with that knowledge. There's also no way she'd be able to hide that trauma from her Gourmet Guild friends.
Mar 15, 2022 6:05 AM

Oct 2007
intense battle between two Seven Crowns members.

using Kyaru as a shield is a dirty tactic, but sadly it worked.
Liddo-kunMar 18, 2022 3:01 AM
Mar 16, 2022 3:45 PM

Mar 2021
What an epic and disproportionate fight, 2 god like characters fighting !

But noooo, Idk who she really was but she knew a lot about this world and wanted to help Yuki, sad ;-;

And same Idk who Kaizer really is, and what is the relation with Kyaru, I thought she was gonna use her as a shield, which she did but Kyaru didnt die, fortunatly ! ;o;

Btw Kaizer was in the King castle this whole time ? I thought she was in her own castle somewhere else ~

She also used a clone this whole time with Kyaru and why, to be prepared at any eventual confrontation and use the clone as distraction ?

(so many questions in this anime ^^")
Mar 21, 2022 9:46 AM

Nov 2016
Holy fuck, shit went down.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 27, 2022 4:06 AM

Oct 2017
That was an epic battle. Karyl useless as usual thou.
Mar 28, 2022 11:23 AM

Mar 2010
Twas a fun battle, but damn never underestimate a trapped mouse, in this case neko.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 29, 2022 6:36 AM

Jul 2021
What a tragic episode ;_;
Apr 5, 2022 6:00 AM
Jan 2018
This should be a comedy show why am I crying???
Apr 12, 2022 11:13 AM

Aug 2018
When cheater meets cheater.. ;P Or person with admin right meets person with admin rights..
May 9, 2022 5:51 AM

Apr 2011
What? There's two of them?

Awesome fight. Too bad red headed girl lose.
May 11, 2022 3:29 AM

Sep 2012
Baaka Karyl loyal to Evil fox, she deserves this guilt what she gets from this

Sugram22May 11, 2022 9:33 AM
Jun 9, 2022 4:01 AM

Jul 2015
That sneaky bastard of a wolf. Although Labyrista hasn't really been prominently featured, it really hit deep seeing her fail to slay Kaizer there at the end.

Jun 25, 2022 3:35 PM

Sep 2019
Eeeh? Sudden Kaisers vs Laby?? Hope she survives... Kyaru is a fat liar tho lol. I kinda wish they don't forgive her.
May 27, 2023 10:56 AM

Apr 2013
Man... Karyl really fucks everything up. And she'll probably not even learn after this happening...
Jul 5, 2023 7:52 AM
Apr 2020
Damn himeko murata got killed again
Nov 8, 2023 6:40 AM

Nov 2010
Was that a Terminator 2 reference from Karyl?
I want to lick Karyl's armpit!

Damn, that was an awesome high-level fight! It didn't look as spectacular as when Pecorine spammed her Princess Strike against a golem; nonetheless, the Labyrista vs. Kaiser battle is much more entertaining to watch.

That was an intriguing development. I hope this serious stuff will continue for the rest of the season. I was getting bored of the episodic nature of the show.
Jan 31, 1:39 AM

Sep 2016
Poor Labyrista... :(
Sep 9, 10:42 PM

Aug 2019
Rest in peace Labyrista
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2022

119 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 9, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2022

74 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 9, 11:29 PM

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2022

61 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 9, 11:05 PM

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2022

55 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 9, 10:04 PM

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2022

70 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 9, 9:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.