Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Peach Boy Riverside
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 2, 2021 12:59 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Seems like MC is op with the peach in her eye (???) The violence is pretty interesting same for the kind of half human half rabbit girl xD
Jul 2, 2021 1:29 PM

Sep 2018

First impressions...

Blood, carrots and oppai

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jul 2, 2021 3:18 PM
Mar 2019
Ok start. I’ll see what this has in store
Jul 2, 2021 4:56 PM

Jul 2020
It was okay nothing special but I'll give it a few more episodes.
Also I didn't know we where going to have:
"Attack On Walrus" ๐Ÿ˜‚
HikarusukeV3Jul 2, 2021 5:00 PM
Jul 2, 2021 11:37 PM

Oct 2008
Now this show looks more promising! well aside from that tentacle defilation! lolz!
4/5.

Jul 2, 2021 11:47 PM

May 2017
The precious character design of Frau might just get me past the ecchi ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜… very cute so far, definitely into Frau's and Sally's friendship, its pretty wholesome as of yet. Fanservice of female characters is not my thing lmao
Jul 3, 2021 12:49 AM
Mar 2021
I liked the blonde girl's personality change and I loved her when she cut his hair, but this is not important. I hope the story will be good and they improve the drawing and animation in the next episodes.
My rating for the anime is 2/10.
Jul 3, 2021 11:19 AM

Jun 2016
that little bunny girl is so fucking cutee omg ...
Jul 3, 2021 1:23 PM

May 2021
The fading effect between scenes was so fucking annoying what the fuck, will keep watching because i like edgy, overly sexual without moral limits stuff, but seems mid at best

Jul 3, 2021 3:11 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Wow I did not expect this episode shuffle to be a thing lol, but I’m guessing it’s okay to post about the TV episode 1 here right? I’m going to assume yes since I’ve seen others posting about it here.

But with that out of the way, I felt this was a very good first episode. I like the characters so far, Sally is a nice MC, you can’t go wrong with big booba, and Frau is really cute, I like how she’s dressed as a school girl even though they’re in a fantasy world. Story seems interesting as well, Sally seems to have some kind of crazy power that has to do with the show’s synopsis which I didn’t fully understand at first lol. OP at the end was great too, I’m looking forward to where this goes, and I hope the episode confusion clears up eventually.
Jul 3, 2021 5:08 PM

Mar 2021
I have never simp so much before, but Frau is tooo kawaiii!!

Jul 3, 2021 6:17 PM

Nov 2014
The concept of the series is quite interesting, i always smile when i see stories based of japanese folklore, but the excecution is really poor, the animation is pretty underwheelming and kinda makes some scenes less impaactful than they could be, and the story has some pretty weird (and out of place) fanservice.

I dont particularly like the way they fragmented the story, and makes it unnecesarily hard to understand, am not follower of the manga but, if i were to guess, probably they butchered a lot of the start of the story just to get to the action scenes fast for an impactful first episode,whichi don't think worked very well.

Anyway, i have a few more problems with this first episode but will still give it a chance, it is interesting after all.
Jul 3, 2021 10:54 PM

Feb 2019
Yooo wtf, this may be the most original anime I’ve seen ever. Idk what the hell’s going on, but this is unique and sally’s tits are great. I’m hooked.
Jul 4, 2021 3:54 AM
Jun 2020
She got them mommy milkers.
Jul 4, 2021 9:21 AM
Mar 2021
I don't know much about this anime, but I know this will be a good one.
The autor is the same as Kobayashi's dragon maid.
Looking toward this anime!!
Jul 5, 2021 12:33 AM
Apr 2020
Main girl Sally is literally a hentai bait.
Jul 5, 2021 2:10 AM

Mar 2021
tetrix1993 said:
According to this official tweet, the one that streams at d-Anime Store is "Time Series" version, meaning chronological order, while Tokyo MX is "On Air" version. So two versions... confusing

Ahh, so that explains why the first episode is actually the chapter 2 of the manga adaptation

Jul 5, 2021 12:26 PM
May 2021
The ending has me a little interested. But basically, Sally has a hidden side to her which makes her become bloodlust and really strong. Frau is a demihuman with insane strength.
RumniJul 5, 2021 12:29 PM
Jul 6, 2021 8:42 AM

Oct 2020
So, apparently, I just watched episode 2. Damn, Sally's lunatic side is pretty scary.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2021 7:54 AM

Mar 2019
That was surprisingly good and I didn't expect that

Jul 7, 2021 11:32 PM

Jul 2014
First and foremost, I am so in love with Sally's design. Her eyes, her outfit, her knockers..... 10/10 design. And speaking of knockers, that kid is a man of culture xD. That Sally at the end, I loved that look on her face, looks like she's a badass but I wonder what's up with her.

Frau is cute.

We also have an ogre girl who turns into a loli when she releases her power haha. Looking at the OP it looks like she will also be part of the team huh.

I did not expect this level of gore, damn. RIP walrus by the way.

Interesting first episode, looks like they owe us the introduction to the story. Come on, I want to see the pretty boy voiced by Naou Touyama... and Sally with twintails, it was just a little flashback but I miss them already :'(
Jul 9, 2021 4:04 AM
Jun 2019
Nearly dropped this in the first minutes. So glad I didn't. I was hooked at the first flashback. The gaps will fill in eventually.
Jul 9, 2021 7:53 AM

Dec 2016
After reading some of the posts, looks like the episode I watched is actually episode 2...? No wonder it felt like the episode started from the midway. I don't understand why they're going for this jumbled order of episodes, won't that make the story confusing? It's like reading a manga from left to right.

Frau defeating that monster chicken in just one kick was cool. Faru's gonna be my favourite character from this show. As for Sally, I don't like her outfit and those oppais are too distracting XD

That's some deja vu I felt when they broke the walls and that monster walrus killed all those soldiers

Anyway, it was ok. I'm sure it'll be an extra anime just to time pass, I might as well find myself 3-4 episodes behind in the future.
Rickydory123Jul 9, 2021 8:05 AM
Jul 21, 2021 7:41 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
This episode thread has been correctly modified.

This episode thread is now unlocked.
anime-primeJul 22, 2021 6:27 AM
Jul 22, 2021 6:31 AM

Jul 2017
KANLen09 said:
If this looks vastly different from a certain Dragon Maid, it's because the mangaka of Peach Boy Riverside (Cool-kyou Shinja) is the same author as the former. Gotta get that out of the way for some trivia.

Regardless though, this is an OK first episode about the Momotaro Japanese folklore and more. It's easy to mistake the boy traveler Mikoto being the main MC, but Princess Saltorine is also another MC as well, just not so prominent until the end.

Demons outside the Kingdom of Aldike, and the demon slayer Momotaro a.k.a "Peach Boy" Mikoto holds that mission to exterminate these devilish beasts, along with Saltorine whose stale life inside the kingdom is met with approval with the situation, and going off on the journey with Mikoto, dropping the Princess moniker.

Otherwise, it's Chapter 1 of the manga that's pretty succinct to the T, because how are you gonna understand this show from the get-go. Asahi Production's values aren't the best, but servicable enough. A fine start.
Just gonna quote this for the "new episode" requirement.

Seriously though, F that director Shigeru Ueda for making this TOTALLY UNNECESSARY change.
Jul 22, 2021 7:57 AM

Dec 2020
Well finally we know how its began so that was Episode 1. I like sally more with th cut hair tbh.

Now I understand why she leave her hometown. Overall nice episode. Mikoto is our boy, when he fight demons he is going crazy.
HiroyasuJul 22, 2021 8:00 AM
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sใ‚ท

Jul 22, 2021 8:02 AM

Feb 2019
Ok so this is actually the first episode that came out, right? Why wouldn’t they just release shit normally instead of tryna make it the Da Vinci code? I think this was a really solid episode to explain who Sally is and where she comes from as well as her relationship with Mikoto. I miss Sally’s twin tails and princess outfit tho ๐Ÿ˜”

Also just learnt this is by the same mangaka as Maid Dragon. Never would’ve guessed that.
Jul 22, 2021 8:17 AM

Apr 2014
Finally! Finally! This is the real first episode. damm the director Why do you need to make everything to be complicated and confusing.
Sally, you don't need to be any skinner like Mikoto, you are fine as you are. With those boobs even you shaved your head you still cannot abandon your femininity, Sally.
ไฝ•ใใ‚Œ๏ผŸๆ„ๅ‘ณๅˆ†ใ‹ใ‚“ใชใ„
Jul 22, 2021 8:17 AM
May 2016
Any hair cutting episode gets an automatic dislike. Especially given her dumb reason. 'I will abandon the "femininity" which will hinder me.' Uhh didn't the only traveller you met have long hair and you thought was a girl? Also those G-cups don't scream "femininity" or hinder you in any way, say like in arm movements when you're trying to swing a sword. 9_9
Jul 22, 2021 8:23 AM

Oct 2020
So, ep4 is probably ep1 if they went in chronological order. We pretty much got the backstory of the characters and, the episode cleared up some confusion. I, honestly, prefer long hair sally over her current short hair.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2021 9:18 AM

Sep 2015
Wow, I really really liked the dialogue for this episode, it really adds value to the main character with the origins, knowing her experience and where she stands right now, you want to see her traits and character build.

We know that she has a lot to learn, and get stronger to catch up to Mikoto, which also further explains how shes unaware how demi-humans are treated from the 1st episode, and the relation with other groups
AhriTheS3xyFoxJul 22, 2021 9:24 AM
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jul 22, 2021 9:41 AM

Aug 2020
Thought this would work better as the first episode and I guess it was originally going to be the first episode, guess I was right. This was unnecessary one third of the way through the show.
Jul 22, 2021 9:42 AM
Mar 2015
Sally forth princess Sally gets a backstory
Jul 22, 2021 10:36 AM

Jan 2021
*visible confusion continues*
Jul 22, 2021 10:43 AM

Oct 2010
So now, when we all see that messed order adds nothing to the story, can Director-san stop this nonsense, apologize and just finish the show normally?
Jul 22, 2021 11:35 AM

Jul 2014
Noooooooo.... Just one flashback episode (which should have been episode 1) and I already miss Sally's twintails and princess outfit :'( That said, I think I prefer her look with short hair. Which is weird because I usually prefer girls with long hair but in this case since the first time I saw her I thought her character design was perfect. I'm not a fan of the outfit we saw in last week's episode though.

While having the flashback here isn't really a problem, I still don't see the logic in messing up the story. This episode would have been perfect as episode one but at least it gets a pass, but I find the back and forth in the rest of the story nonsensical. The thing is, I'm still liking it a lot so I can't help but wish they had broadcast it normally.

Nao Touyama is doing a perfect job voicing Mikoto btw.
Jul 22, 2021 11:50 AM

Aug 2018
Good episode, it's great that it took place not so long after the start. However, I get the feeling next episode will be very similar, but with Fraud instead. And the normal story should come back with the 6th episode, at least that's how I expect it. We shall see !
Jul 22, 2021 11:59 AM

Apr 2018
Sally's twintail was damn pretty, sadly she cut it later. Well, a good start. It would have been better if the director just went with a normal airing version. But aight, we know more about Mikito and Sally now.

A bit of fanservice and some action scenes.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 22, 2021 12:47 PM

May 2021
It makes almost no sense to air this 4th. We already know most of the information that were dumped here, and the events that happens here are not enough to carry something significant. This episode is extremely bland

Jul 22, 2021 12:57 PM

May 2015
The manga isn't half bad, but the decision to air this all out of order for absolutely no reason is just plain idiotic.
Jul 22, 2021 2:13 PM

Apr 2015
What a confusing mess this has been (even the forum episode discussion threads....), but here I am again in the same thread just labeled differently >_>

This was much more like the premiere episode we needed. I will never understand why they decided to make this the 4th episode instead, could have saved us a lot of trouble.

Either way, this was the first time Sally meeting Mikoto and holy fucking shit. I don't know what I like more, Short hair Sally or Twin-Tail Sally. Her dress this episode definitely would have been my preference.

Overall, not much gained from this episode as most of the info given was already provided in the episodes that aired beforehand..

CeddyyBearr said:

All I can say for now is, from what I saw, it was a good start, surprised about the gore, I respect that there were no censors and I can tell that Sally will be the eye candy this season. Those are some dekai oppai right there and I am all for it ^^

Atleast I still agree with this from my original post XD
Jul 22, 2021 2:29 PM

Jul 2012
Thought the order change leading into the scene for Sally choosing sides might be somewhat acceptable, but next is the other arc. So one arc is skipped i assume ...
Jul 22, 2021 3:14 PM

Jun 2017
Sally definitely rocked those twin-tails better.

I also wonder if Mikoto did something to her? Since she was starting to awaken her powers, some backstory on that would be cool too.
Jul 22, 2021 3:22 PM
Oct 2020
I didn't even realize that this was preaired as the first episode. Honestly if it just aired like it did on tv originally or went with the pre air order I don't think it would've confused lot of people. Either order wouldn't be a problem at least for me because I watched west world so timelines that overlap/air out of order don't make it hard to watch anything.
Jul 22, 2021 3:23 PM
Oct 2020
I didn't even realize that this was preaired as the first episode. Honestly if it just aired like it did on tv originally or went with the pre air order I don't think it would've confused lot of people. Either order wouldn't be a problem at least for me because I watched west world so timelines that overlap/air out of order don't make it hard to watch anything.
Jul 22, 2021 5:36 PM
Jul 2018
her evolution was very big since when she lived in that city she already had a desire to travel the world, mikoto once again showed her strength which is amazing.
Jul 22, 2021 6:42 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
And here I am again back in this thread posting about the original episode 1 instead of the aired one lol, but yeah I don’t really see the point in airing this one as the 4th episode. Sure things worked with the episode 1 they chose instead, but this was clearly meant as an introduction so I don’t really see the point.

Other than that, this was a great episode. Getting to see when Sally and Mikoto first meet was cool, and the fact everyone assumed Mikoto was a girl lol, they do really go out of their way to make him look pretty feminine in appearance too. I gotta say I like Sally’s twintails too, but I do think I prefer the short hair. The part when he massacred the demons was pretty wicked too, one of the things I’ve come to love about this show is the intense deaths, while I’ve seen much more extreme kills (Blood-C for example) this is still fun. Looking forward to next week.
Jul 22, 2021 8:33 PM

Nov 2014
so we finally got the real episode one uh? a real mess but atleast we now know how sally's story started and the confusion is done with (i hope).

Jul 22, 2021 10:04 PM
๐Ÿฆ†๐Ÿ‘‘

Jan 2020
FINALLY we get what looks like the chronological episode 1 of the series. About time

I doubt this is the whole end for the prequel stuff (before the air date episode 1) based on how that other first episode started with the new character which is worrying. If next episode isn't the direct follow up to this, I'll be a little upset ngl.

The constant cutting back and forth with the weird chronological ordering isn't something I'm expecting to like here since I'm eager to know how they meet and what built up to the starting episode (not this but the air date one)

Jul 22, 2021 11:16 PM
Dec 2020
anime graphics are good, but not the story. skip skip anime.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» If you watch this anime in 5he chronological order its actually good!

Yassob - Sep 28, 2021

17 by chaosnetwork »»
Sep 5, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2021

51 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 7:04 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2021

38 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:34 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2021

38 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:03 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

anime-prime - Jul 10, 2021

81 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 5:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.