Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 22, 2019 1:03 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
feels overload. Takinami-sensei is so cool.

5/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Dec 22, 2019 1:45 AM

Dec 2014
oK DAMN THE PERFORMANCE WAS SO GOOD...i REALLY LIKED IT...VERY NICE.... damn so beautiful
Dec 22, 2019 2:26 AM
Mar 2015
Absolutely beautiful reinterpretation of what Hozuki originally played. Now we can understand what she was really trying to express to her mother. Is completely astonishing the utter balance they achieved and how their hearts were in total synchrony.
Dec 22, 2019 2:39 AM

Jun 2016
Awesome episode. Tokise outclass others in sound of the music. It was really good I am impress.

Tokise is gonna win I think

Dec 22, 2019 3:47 AM

Jul 2017
Finally, it's Tokise High School a.k.a Takezou, Akira, Chika and the others to shine forth with their performance of the song they've learned hard, Tenkyu.

But honestly, after Hakuto High's performance that shattered and divided even more values, it's gonna be even harder to top them. The nervousness gets surreal...and Hozuki's mom showed up out of the same immense fear of years ago, but things are different now, and here's the performance to prove it.

Beautiful, rich sounding are both the solo and support parts; the resonation of notes so powerful to touch hearts; the determination that has pulled them through the hardest of times and the lowest of spirits, ALL THAT is within the messages of the song being played. SIMPLY CAPTIVATING...SIMPLY PHENOMENAL, I am left SPEECHLESS with tears overflowing.

With that, all schools are done with their performances, and awaiting final results. What's left for Hozuki is to reconcile with her estranged mom, with the rest of the Koto Club helping her...Hozuki found her...but what's the resolution?

This is why I give the 1st cour a 10/10 score to begin with, the 2nd cour is easily the icing on the cake, miilion times better with all the buildup.

Amazing episode! Can't wait for the ending episode next week!
Dec 22, 2019 5:21 AM

Apr 2008
Holy moly, that was more beautiful than I imagined it would be!!!
Dec 22, 2019 6:22 AM

Mar 2016
Finally an interesting episode.

This episode made me realise: I only care about Takezou and Houzuki. Maybe that's why I found season 1, which mostly focused on them, more interesting than this season that focused on being similar to every other shounen and shoujo manga.

I forgot Doujima had an older brother, and I was like "Who's this random hot guy looking unnecessarily emotional in the audience? Pretty sure Takezou's whole family was ugly!"
Dec 22, 2019 6:42 AM

Jun 2013
This anime reminds me of that overcoming mood from Nodame Cantabile. This and Piano no Mori have been great anime in the music genre recently. Just think it should have been a continuous 2 cour.
Dec 22, 2019 6:52 AM

Jun 2019
Thank You for showing Tenkyu. Its so Amazing!

Does anyone realize there is some minor change in its opening? Especially at that Hakuto guy scene?
So, finally his playing style has changed now.

Next Episode is スタートライン
english version says Start Line
but this also can read as Start Rain
make me wonder this show will end as Happy Ending or Sad Ending.
Dec 22, 2019 7:03 AM
Sep 2018
Ventus_S said:
Weasalopes said:
18 votes so far for this episode. All 5/5. (ETA: now that I've posted, its up to 26, all 5/5...)

Took several screen shot.

116 votes
114 vote a 5 (98.25%)
2 vote a 4 (1.75%)

This is some phenomenal episode score in Mal standard.
Hope no troll come in to try to rigged it.

5 out of 5: Loved it! 151 98.69%
4 out of 5: Liked it 2 1.31%
3 out of 5: It was OK 0.00%
2 out of 5: Disliked it 0.00%
1 out of 5: Hated it 0.00%
Voters: 153

That's amazing...
Dec 22, 2019 7:42 AM

Mar 2012
Maratasi said:
The best episode of the whole anime season! Yeah, not only this show but all shows included. Been months since last witnessed something this mesmerizingly beautiful in both animation and sound quality.
Nah. Today's and next week's episodes of Vinland Saga will top it for sure. I'm not sure it tops an episode from Snk S3 p2 either but this episode was so good I watched it 3 times yesterday.

Weasalopes said:
We still don't know just what is up with the math teacher/koto adviser/koto composer, what's going on such that he won't be involved with that school's koto club any longer. I'm glad he's still itching to compose, just hope he succeeds in finding a venue to see it performed; again, if it were possible, there's a core group who would be wiling to do so, and not just among his own students.

Yes, we do. His father collapsed and so he has to take over the inn his father owns and runs. His koto students mentioned they found out to him.
MetaKiteDec 22, 2019 7:48 AM
Dec 22, 2019 7:46 AM

Oct 2017
MetaKite said:
Maratasi said:
The best episode of the whole anime season! Yeah, not only this show but all shows included. Been months since last witnessed something this mesmerizingly beautiful in both animation and sound quality.
Nah. Today's and next week's episodes of Vinland Saga will top it for sure. I'm not sure it tops an episode from Snk S3 p2 either but this episode was so good I watched it 3 times yesterday.

Don't make any judgement before the anime actually delivers though.
Even if you knew the source, the studio could very well fucked up the execution easily.

I learned it the hard way. Many promising series of the source material got butchered by the adaptation.

Not aiming toward any specific anime, just saying before it airs nothing counts.

PS: Already watched this episode's performance part like 10 times. Even if a serie is very good I rarely do that.
Dec 22, 2019 7:54 AM

Mar 2012
Ventus_S said:
MetaKite said:

Don't make any judgement before the anime actually delivers though.
Even if you knew the source, the studio could very well fucked up the execution easily.

I learned it the hard way. Many promising series of the source material got butchered by the adaptation.

Not aiming toward any specific anime, just saying before it airs nothing counts.

PS: Already watched this episode's performance part like 10 times. Even if a serie is very good I rarely do that.
I get what you are saying and normally I would agree with you because I've seen screw ups happen before as well. However, I have faith that Wit studio won't screw up the climax of the Prologue of Vinland Saga or this whole season will have been wasted.

I am impressed with Platinum Vision's adaptation of this series. I know the music composition though isn't by them but the music company that released the music accompany CD for the manga. Still, I almost slept on this show because I didn't think Platinum Vision would do it justice. I'm so happy I was wrong. You could say a development like this gave me more faith in a studio like Wit after the disaster that was One punch Man season 2 over at JC Staff.

You also might want to consider buying the Kono Oto Tomare! music CD if you love the performance that much.
Dec 22, 2019 8:18 AM

Feb 2014
Whenever Tokise plays, the room suddenly feels chilling. What a performance.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Dec 22, 2019 8:35 AM
Oct 2019
This was a beautiful episode. I loved the performance, and look forward to finding the full audio without the dialogue. The colors and animation during the performance looked appealing. I teared up just a bit watching the performance. While I enjoyed the insights to each member during the performance, my favorite has to be Hozuki when she thought she would give up on the koto. I really felt something when she could find happiness with the koto club members (at around 11:35), and at the very end when they all split up to find Hozuki's mom. 10/10 already watched again
Dec 22, 2019 9:27 AM

Apr 2012
Is there a link to this performance so I can listen to it without the talking?

By the way, best episode so far and the performance is 1000/10
Dec 22, 2019 9:41 AM

Mar 2012
-KHALED said:

Check your messages.
Dec 22, 2019 9:54 AM

Oct 2017
-KHALED said:

Btw I found the youtube no vocal version of Tenkyu, but for some reason youtube is shit and the QUALITY of the sound is nowhere close to the music I heard during the anime that gave me goosebump whenever Houzuki play her part.
Dec 22, 2019 9:56 AM
Oct 2012
This show has a problem. From the first episode of season one, I cried.
He makes me cry a lot!

This ep was no different. I found their presentation fantastic. Satowa's mother finally recognizing her daughter!
I can't believe the next one is the last one ... I want more seasons! Thrill me, cry, laugh and all mixed feelings!
I love this anime so much!

Chika second best smile!
Don't beat my Natsu, take second Chika! Beautiful!

Dec 22, 2019 10:01 AM

Apr 2012
MetaKite said:
-KHALED said:

Check your messages.

Thank you so much 😊
I found it in YouTube too... I'm only listening to it for the fifth time 🤩
Dec 22, 2019 10:04 AM

Apr 2012
Ventus_S said:
-KHALED said:

Btw I found the youtube no vocal version of Tenkyu, but for some reason youtube is shit and the QUALITY of the sound is nowhere close to the music I heard during the anime that gave me goosebump whenever Houzuki play her part.

It's better okay for now, hopping that it will better version with the ost CD realse
Dec 22, 2019 10:28 AM

May 2018
This is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 22, 2019 10:34 AM

Jan 2018
I actually cried on the performance... this episode is just too good
Dec 22, 2019 12:24 PM

Jul 2019
Finally, the big moment. I was actually crying and so happy about how things turned out. Absolutly stunning piece of music.

Their reactions to the missing applause cracked me up again just to be excited for the search for her mother. What a shame that there is only one more episode left.
Dec 22, 2019 2:45 PM
Sep 2018
MetaKite said:

Weasalopes said:
We still don't know just what is up with the math teacher/koto adviser/koto composer, what's going on such that he won't be involved with that school's koto club any longer. I'm glad he's still itching to compose, just hope he succeeds in finding a venue to see it performed; again, if it were possible, there's a core group who would be wiling to do so, and not just among his own students.

Yes, we do. His father collapsed and so he has to take over the inn his father owns and runs. His koto students mentioned they found out to him.

You are correct; it slipped my mind, but it was revealed.
Since he doesn't play an instrument himself, so far as was shown, he's clearly capable of "hearing" the work in his mind while composing.
iirc, Beethoven wrote his last symphony after he went deaf.
Given that, there is no reason why he can't continue to compose while running his father's inn.
Arranging for his work to get performed won't be easy... but he now has a number of up and coming members of the koto community who will vouch for him as a composer, plus the judges from the competition just aired.

He could always consider setting up koto "training camp" sessions at the inn...
Or see if there are any koto players locally who might want to form an ensemble.
There are options available, if he looks at things properly.
Dec 22, 2019 3:55 PM

Mar 2017
Wow. That was honestly one of the most beautiful pieces of music I've ever heard. I felt every note and the emotions behind each character's motivation for playing. So stunning.

I hope that Hozuki can reconcile with her mum... that would be a really great end to this season. And also if all my ships set sail (go go Hozuki x Chika and Takezou x Kurusu!)
Dec 22, 2019 5:18 PM

Aug 2018
Personally speaking Tokise's performance was actually good af all the performance of other groups were good also

Its not only satowa shines in the play but the others as well.This is so far the best episode of the series!

Next week is last episode so be prepared.
I think im not the only one who ship Miss Akira and Takinami Sensei xD

Lastly im glad that 2nd season of Kono Oto Tomare! has a high rating because its really a great season.It's been a memorable and fun ride since the start of this season.
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Dec 22, 2019 5:58 PM

Aug 2018
Hitoribotchan said:
Thank You for showing Tenkyu. Its so Amazing!

Does anyone realize there is some minor change in its opening? Especially at that Hakuto guy scene?
So, finally his playing style has changed now.

Next Episode is スタートライン
english version says Start Line
but this also can read as Start Rain
make me wonder this show will end as Happy Ending or Sad Ending.

I noticed the changes on the OP too
I love it when they add some changes in the OP based on the progression of the story
It shows the studio really cared about this series
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Dec 22, 2019 7:06 PM

Mar 2008
The performance was so beautiful even bitchy granny choked up and clapped. Please let there be more seasons of this beautiful anime made.
Dec 22, 2019 8:19 PM
Nov 2018
Wooooooooooooow..Perfect😍😍😍❤❤❤ Satowa❤
Dec 22, 2019 9:57 PM

Oct 2017
Not surprised Mal to hit by troll as expected.

Within 1 hr we got x1 3 star, x1 2 star, x1 1 star.
Bravo troll (yeah I use singular because it's takes 0 effort to register multiple accounts for Mal), took you long enough to show up after the episode has gone air for near 2 days.

They don't want their x anime episode to lose to this episode so they gotta rate it down I bet. It doesn't help this anime has small community so it's easy to rate it down unlike some other popular series like Demon Blade or Vinland Saga.
Dec 22, 2019 10:27 PM
Dec 2019
This episode really make me speechless and crying, too cool
Dec 22, 2019 11:12 PM

Jul 2016
I was expecting a good performance from Tokise and man, I wasn't disappointed in the slightest. In fact, it absolutely surpassed my expectations. Their interpretation of "Tenkyu" was indeed perfect... maybe too perfect for a group mostly composed of amateurs but leaving my nitpicking aside, I really enjoyed listening to it.
By the way, Mio being the one initiating the applause was a really nice detail.

Overall, it was a pretty good episode. As I said, Tokise's presentation was superb and seeing so many reactions from the audience made all the group's previous effort feel even more meaningful. I only wish the animation and some panels would have been on par but well.

Now, on a side note, Akira's grandma finally acknowledging the group made me roll my eyes a bit, being honest. Especially considering that she only needed to hear them practice once in order to know they were serious about the Koto since the beginning. So many unpleasant moments with her would have been easily avoided that way but I guess it can't be helped.
SouthRzVaDec 23, 2019 12:03 AM
Dec 23, 2019 12:44 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Fudge, this was glorious! My expectations for "Tenkyuu" were sky-high but it far exceeded even that so not least bit disappointed! Character monologues during the performance really moved me as well.

Some of the reactions from the crowd, particularly from that reporter, were a little too over the top but I suppose I was just as enlightened too. Incredible stuff! I was sure the reporter would take back his words and it didn't even take half a minute xD. It's a real pity how just one team from the Prefecture is qualified to the Nationals.

It's amazing how they themselves weren't even aware of the crowd in awe of their performance, goes to show just how much they were immersed into it and possibly how much more potential they possess. Kanzaki applauding to break off the awkward silence was really nice to see as well, I'm sure this'll help him to move forward to achieve greater heights.

With that said however, a part of me still reckons that the performance from the previous season where Chika just single-handedly took it to the next level was a bit more impactful. Bot nothing to take away from here of course, please don't get me wrong there.

Finding Hozuki's mother bit to top it off was just brilliant! They've become family by now, one would assume. Akira-sensei with the "Let's go, Takinami-sensei" bit was on-point xD.

Easy 5/5 episode! Can't wait to see how things will go down next episode with the ultimate bit, the results!

#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 23, 2019 1:34 AM

Nov 2019
Sweet episode. I cried.
I loved Chika reaction when Satowa told them about her mom.
Waiting for next episode.
Dec 23, 2019 3:36 AM

Oct 2017
Just wanna post this result before this particular forum got bombed by Troll and got around 40 bad votes in less than a few hrs at once.

Mal is really in a sad state.
Dec 23, 2019 6:18 AM
Jun 2016
Meanwhile toxic is always lurking around MAL
Dec 23, 2019 7:25 AM

May 2016
My jaw was open the whole time... what a masterpiece of an episode I really wish i could give this higher than 8... we seriously need 8.5 choice a lot of shows deserve it.

I couldn't hold my tears probably cried a few times, that performance was legibly epic.

Already in the final episode next week, that cliffhanger got me for good. T-T
Dec 23, 2019 1:19 PM

Mar 2019
Anime of the year and Episode... So good omg

Kimetsu who?

One more... NOO
KonanaDec 23, 2019 1:27 PM
Dec 23, 2019 4:45 PM
Sep 2018
Yeah.
There is a vague, vague, vague possibility that one, maybe two, of the 4/5 votes are legit.
Highly unlikely, but maybe.
The rest? The 3/5, 2/5, 1/5?
Not a chance in the world.

Anyone who would have legitimately rated them that way, wouldn't have watched it in the first place; they'd have dropped the series way earlier on, if it was so far from what they enjoy.

That over 180 5/5 votes were made prior a single lower vote makes it inconceivable that these are legit, and I do know what that word means.
Dec 23, 2019 8:52 PM

Apr 2018
Their performance is legit amazing. I love Akira's character change as well, she's cuter lmao. Welp this is coming to an end now. Hopefully there would be improvements with the couples here
Dec 23, 2019 9:21 PM

Jul 2012
Oh wow! what an amazing performance! I loved it! Made me cry through the whole thing lol
I really hate the fact that this anime is ending next week.

Oh and I loved the new changes in the op!
Dec 24, 2019 3:43 AM

Oct 2017
I just cried because of a Koto performance. And it wasn't even in real life. I am so proud of everyone on this show.
Dec 24, 2019 7:05 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This would be at 98 percent still if the troll votes didn't happen, wow.
Dec 24, 2019 7:58 AM
Jul 2018
Another great episode *.*

-What a perfect performance it was! <3

Dec 24, 2019 12:48 PM

Jul 2016
Wow, it seems the Chihayafuru incident really affected some people here. I mean, who cares about how many 5/5 votes a single episode receives?
Dec 25, 2019 3:34 PM
Aug 2016
Absolutely great episode.
Dec 25, 2019 6:13 PM

Sep 2018
Woahhh!!! Goosebumps!! I didn't expect something.. I thought because they're the protagonist they will be the winners and just give exaggerated comments on the details of their performance but watching their performance.. I don't need the commentors anymore to make me believe they're good.. just the music alone convince me they're the winners!!! I love the music they use! I forgot the performance of Hakuto and Himesaka but Tokise's performance is superb!

I'm sure now, they will be the winners! I won't accept it if not! XD

erenmeiiDec 25, 2019 7:57 PM
Dec 26, 2019 11:47 AM

Sep 2014
Catch in 2 days. Gosh. Gladly I on-hold this anime to watch in one-swing. These cliffhangers would kill me. Well, there's 1 ep left, but it does less matter than this 25nd episode.

Awesome culminative point. Ryuuseigun was impressive, but Tenkyu is truly song to make us cry... as the tilte say.

Even God Crying from heaven after heard it.
Dec 26, 2019 4:09 PM

Oct 2017
It was a really wonderful performance, it shocked me how beautiful it was interpreted, such a perfect sound. Now I can say koto instrument it is marvelous.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2019

120 by Crowfinger »»
Sep 12, 7:08 AM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2019

50 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Aug 25, 6:09 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2019

50 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Aug 25, 6:08 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2019

80 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Aug 16, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2019

83 by mo_lave »»
Jun 22, 9:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.