Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 10, 2019 11:52 AM

Jun 2009
I never expected to say it, but this first episode is more solid than Arifureta. It is generic af, standard isekai. At least it wasn't a complete mess. I cam watch it with peace of mind because since the start I didn't expect anything from it.
Jul 10, 2019 12:10 PM

Jul 2014
Call it generic or whatever you want but I think it was a nice first episode. And what the hell, as long as it's enjoyable and has waifus I'm gonna have a good time.

SkyLETVJul 10, 2019 1:01 PM
Jul 10, 2019 12:12 PM

Aug 2014
michaelh19 said:
Welp... There goes 3 out of 4 Isekai Anime this Season.

IMO it's better than Arifureta at least.

But still, the animation kinda 'stiff' and pretty generic like any other Isekai.

Also, why Rin looks so familiar though?? Lol

I'll stick around.

She looks like familiar becasue she is the older version of Rin from little Buster Anime.

Jul 10, 2019 12:31 PM
Jul 2018
elementex said:
A great start, this has potential for the best anime of the season even with all the stiff competition
you are a troll lol
Jul 10, 2019 12:36 PM

Nov 2017
So far,all I've seen is all the comments about crap isekai.
I don't agree at all,since I find isekai mostly interesting,more interesting that AOT and OPM and other crap like that.
Though,this season,I have to agree on what a lot of people are saying.
Yes,Arifureta is absolutely diabolical so far,Isekai cheat is generic,Shield hero,wasn't,imo,that bad,but I also think the standards of anime in general has gone downhill over the last couple of years.
Oh well,still got Maou and Danmachi S2 to watch,so hopefully things might get better.
And as for the OP of this,Myth & Roid,what the hell? - You normally do good OP songs,but that was just,meh!
Jul 10, 2019 12:38 PM

Nov 2017
Skyguardian said:
A question to all the "this is so generic"; "isekai trash" and so on faction.

Is it that hard for you lot to NOT comment here? Is it that hard for you to continue with your sorry, sad and boring lifes instead?

Seriously.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
I'd seriously give you a 5 out of 5 for that comment :)
Jul 10, 2019 12:47 PM

Jul 2014
At least this is an isekai that had a proper intro unlike Arifureta, that was hot shit.
The animation is stiff af, can't say much about how the story goes yet but the main reason I've checked this out is Rie Takahashi being here. Plus character desgins.
Other than that, nothing memorable as of now besides this time around 2 main chars gets transported, guess you can say tate had 4 characters get isekai'd but Naofumi was literally the only MC among them.

I have no idea why people who aren't really into isekai nowadays are even trying out an isekai show. Majority of isekai shows are literally the same with just some added spice here and there. If you're not a fan of the genre, don't waste your time on it.
Also, tate no yusha continues to be a fan favorite of being picked on whenever a new isekai shows up as a sort of insult despite shield hero being a fine isekai show smh.. at least use an isekai thats utter shit, can get the point across more.
Jul 10, 2019 1:03 PM
Jul 2014
I'm still waiting for Konjiki no Word Master: Yuusha Yonin ni Makikomareta Unique Cheat to get adapted. But, I expect it to be shit by on by people cause it's another isekai or they will be saying that it's a rip-off of Shield Hero. Just had to throw that out there.

The first episode of Isekai Cheat Magician was an okay start, I really don't have any expectations going into this... and well, any of the other isekai series this season. Just gonna go into this with an open mind.

Jul 10, 2019 1:06 PM
Apr 2019
Isidoro4567 said:
elementex said:
A great start, this has potential for the best anime of the season even with all the stiff competition
you are a troll lol

am I not allowed to have an opinion?
Jul 10, 2019 1:10 PM
Jul 2018
Another garbage isekai like smartphone and kenja no mago, a protagonist extremely OverPower with waifus that everything can do it easy, it seems that we will never see an isekai as good as shieldBRO Hero I said.
Jul 10, 2019 1:45 PM

May 2018
Man, this season just has too many isekai themed anime.
Jul 10, 2019 1:45 PM

Mar 2018
Textbook cliche, nothing original here. 0/10
Jul 10, 2019 1:50 PM

Dec 2015
Not that bad. Generic. But it was okay. Besides the char design (which could have been better for the 2 mains) most stuff was okay. And I like that - compared to annoying Hestia from DanMachi - there are no annoying chars yet. Also some background plot has been hinted at.

Could be a solid 7/10 (which is average, grade C - for me).
Jul 10, 2019 1:52 PM
Oct 2017
What to expect from this anime? Nothing, absolutely nothing.
The originality shines by its absence.
Jul 10, 2019 1:55 PM

Mar 2018
Thanjh said:
Isidoro4567 said:
Tate no yuusha is the best isekai of This year so i don't know what the fuc*you are talking about,the others isekai were terrible,slime is good but it doesn't count(fall 2018 to march 2019)
Lol what are you smoking shield hero’s just as bad as the rest it just got the most hype because it had a strong start. Can’t even believe you’ve given it an 8 considering the other things you gave an 8 that are immeasurably better but taste is subjective so good for you enjoying trash I guess.

I don't get why people like shield hero so much. Characters have conflicting personalities and actions. Most action scenes are not well directed and the core RPG mechanics are used rather poorly. The show is mediocre at best. The only thing that caught my eye(and ears) was ED2. I have to say the ED was quite nice.
Jul 10, 2019 1:59 PM
Aug 2010
This wanted too hard to be like re zero, opening by MYTH&ROID and ending by takahashi rie.
Jul 10, 2019 2:02 PM

Apr 2017
Nothing wrong with this anime. It's just boring as hell because I feel like I'm rewatching a particular one for the 8th time now.

I even find Arifureta better. At least it had a unique first episode compared to this.
Jul 10, 2019 2:14 PM
Jun 2016
*laughs* all this time I thought this was unique cheat :> And was like gee I don't remember a girl coming with him hehe.
Jul 10, 2019 2:28 PM

Nov 2016
Wow, so Rin grew up a bit xD

Regarding the episode. It was pretty alright and even a bit fun. Well, I also have to weigh it against the other isekai, in particular the ones from this season. So by itself, it doesn't mean much.

Also, take a shot for each generic in this thread.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 10, 2019 2:38 PM

Jan 2016
Oh boi this was a mess, we've got tons of Isekais this season but this and Arifureta have been all horrible. Arifuretas case is more of it being a straight up horrible adaptation but this disturbs me even more because it doesn't look like any effort was put into it.

I'll stick around because this might just turn out like that smartphone Isekai, horrible but somehow watchable.
Also, Taichi telling Rin in this episode: I know you well enough to know that you become quiet" Is the most stupid thing I've heard all day long. That's not even a character
trait and is just straight up dumb. You don't have to be her childhood friend to figure out that she was angry
FireFistYKJul 10, 2019 2:41 PM
Jul 10, 2019 2:46 PM
Apr 2019
I had heard that the girl did not appear in the original novel, so she is no another protagonist in the series, just another filler girl for the MC, what a disappointment I will never see a girl being a protagonist in these stories, even if it is to do something minimally different.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Jul 10, 2019 2:47 PM

Jun 2016
It seems interesting.
The Opening is the worst in anime history though... XD
Jul 10, 2019 3:02 PM

Oct 2011
Too slow paced. Thought that they would reach further with the first episode. The music was nice at least

Jul 10, 2019 3:10 PM
Feb 2015
Pretty bland, just another 12 episode anime that will end with a cliffhanger and never get another season, pass.
Jul 10, 2019 3:21 PM

Apr 2015
Was ok at best, pretty generic but I think I'll give this more chance to finish than Arifureta.

Also, what was that MYTH & ROID song, not quite what I expect from them and didn't quite enjoy it either.

Will see what happens, but don't have much expectations..
Jul 10, 2019 3:25 PM

Jan 2008
This is probably my most disliked Myth & Roid song.

Not the worst isekai we've had but definitely the worst title name.
Jul 10, 2019 4:06 PM

Oct 2012
Well if i'm bored i'll keep watching it. It's without a doubt better than Arifureta, Maou sama Retry and Kenja no Mago.

Atleast i'm not throwing this one out immediately.
Jul 10, 2019 4:07 PM

Oct 2012
Sweanime said:
Will stay for the probabily non existent romance between the childhood friends, and feel bad that they will only hint about it.

And, Got a weekness for redheaded ponytail girls.

I'll agree there hahaha.
Her hair's really thick though. Like, really thick. That slightly bothers me.
Jul 10, 2019 4:20 PM

Aug 2018
I'm not that hype with this first episode, though they decided not to show that much, something I respect. What I mean is that instead of showing how powerful the main characters are, they just released a tiny sequence where one said something like "I always feel like I'm cheating", alongside with the anime title itself.

So then it is clear from the very beginning that they're extremely OP (unlike Shin in Kenja no Mago or Rimuru in Tensei Shittara[..], other isekais where the titles didn't claim they were powerful) and I can understand the choice to get such rythm.

Will be following but I ain't that much interested (yet?)
Jul 10, 2019 4:46 PM

Sep 2011
ITT: People bashing Maou-sama Retry

I can already tell I will completely forget this series exists after it finishes airing. That wasn't just generic - that was advanced generic.
Jul 10, 2019 5:24 PM

Jul 2012
Holy shit, this screams generic more than I thought it would. At least there is some kind of introduction to the world in this one.
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2019 5:36 PM

Dec 2016
better than arifuereta since it has a intro but still pretty meh. It would be funny if tsuujou kougeki became isekai of this season lol
Jul 10, 2019 5:37 PM

Jan 2009
Eh, felt like it dragged the first half, second half was ok, hopefully it picks up a bit next episode.

Mythologically said:
At least it's still better than Kenja lmao

To be fair, it's hard to find a isekai worse than kenja, which sucks because it did do a few things right.

As for the other 2, afureta was insanely rushed so i hope they slow it down, though considering even the author seems upset with the adaptation i don't have high hopes.
As for maou sama, of the 3 isekai's so far this season, it looks to be the most enjoyable, mainly due to it not taking itself seriously, not going to win any awards but it doesn't really need to.
Jul 10, 2019 5:40 PM

Aug 2015
iseaki industry boomin rn. another generic isekai that will bring it free dollar bills for the stupid people that will watch it.
Jul 10, 2019 5:56 PM
Apr 2017
After watching this and Maou sama Retry, I'm gonna watch Arifureta thanks...
Jul 10, 2019 6:23 PM
Jul 2019
The first scene of the episode is so painful and the scenes following it are so painfully generic.
Jul 10, 2019 6:27 PM
Jun 2019
I would consider this better than grandson if its story doesn't blatantly lie like the latter did. Still, grandson had a bit of things going on in first episode, whereas this one had nothing new to offer that I had to skip scenes back and forth on second half.
Jul 10, 2019 7:01 PM

Oct 2015
So cliché that I want to barf, blurgh! Every situation was eye rolling, from the development and the characters.

Just another cheap, money grubbing piece of shit coming up. What happened to flares such as NGNL, Konosuba, Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu, overlord, Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? that set the benchmark for the isekai which we all get crazy for. Nowadays it's all about attaching the name "isekai", transport a character to another fantasy world with magic, Op a character and create a harem. This genre is being soiled by these piece of shit calling themselves writers, to attract attention to their name, make money and fool stupid viewers.

This was just a typical opening and I doubt it will be anything special and I put that on my name!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 10, 2019 7:03 PM
Sep 2016
Slightly better than Kenja no Mago, and it wasnt a mess like Arifureta... but it still is generic garbage.

The problem is not the Isekai genre, there are some good Isekai out there like the ones mentioned by the guy above (you can also add Hataraku Maou and No Game No Life). But most of the recent isekai are just generic, with awful characters and awful writting. Pure garbage honestly.
Siegfried10Jul 10, 2019 7:12 PM
Jul 10, 2019 7:29 PM
Apr 2019
Mythologically said:

This looks to be the only isekai from this season that I don't care for. Arifureta had an amazing first ep, Maou-sama also had a pretty solid start, but this is just kinda bland. Absolutely terrible animation as well.

ErSolid said:

Wait, are you two seriously saying that you liked Arifureta? For real?
Jul 10, 2019 7:32 PM
Apr 2017
Skyguardian said:
A question to all the "this is so generic"; "isekai trash" and so on faction.

Is it that hard for you lot to NOT comment here? Is it that hard for you to continue with your sorry, sad and boring lifes instead?

Seriously.

What really?
Can't take a negative comment?
In a Forum?
REALLY?!
Jul 10, 2019 7:34 PM
Apr 2017
M4RCEL0 said:
Mythologically said:

This looks to be the only isekai from this season that I don't care for. Arifureta had an amazing first ep, Maou-sama also had a pretty solid start, but this is just kinda bland. Absolutely terrible animation as well.

ErSolid said:

Wait, are you two seriously saying that you liked Arifureta? For real?

I didn't like Arifureta, but I saw Maou Sama Retry and this First, so Arifuteta was like: "Yea could be worse" plus a friend of mine told me about the Extra episodes to be released and the chapters it contains and apparently they will rush it like really bad.
Jul 10, 2019 7:39 PM
Mar 2017
At least this looks better compared to the confusing introduction of Arifureta, it is another Isekai and does not stand out from the others, but it has two things that make this save for now, Rie Takahashi works in this anime and may save a little and second the Myth & Roid OP, which sounds pretty good, but I feel that it lacks power, but I'm not saying it's bad.

Taichi and Rin are childhood friends and in a twist of fate Taichi is summoned to another world and Rin follows him, ending the two in this new world, nothing out of the ordinary.
I must rescue that Taichi had the balls to be the decoy to save Rin putting his life at stake, but in the end both are saved thanks to a group of adventurers.

In the end Rin and Taichi decide to become adventurers, but at the time of doing a magic test, both had different results that alarmed the receptionist and she calls the guild master and an elf named Myura who takes them to visit a sorceress named Lemiya and she determines that they have potential to magicians and takes both as her apprentices (what a way to present herself, nice body and good choice of underwear).

At the end of the episode it was possible to see a strange conspirator who is looking for Rin and Taichi, it is also clear that he wants to get rid of them.

Anyway, another Isekai to the list and being honest is not so terrible, has positive details and I think I'll try a couple more episodes.
Jul 10, 2019 7:56 PM
Apr 2019
ErSolid said:
I didn't like Arifureta, but I saw Maou Sama Retry and this First, so Arifuteta was like: "Yea could be worse" plus a friend of mine told me about the Extra episodes to be released and the chapters it contains and apparently they will rush it like really bad.

Oh, ok then.
I checked your animelist and I have a question: how do you rate animes after dropping them early and why do you drop animes that you scored 7+? I was especially intrigued by Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara (10) and Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (9) with one watched episode each, and a few anime you dropped without watching the final (few) episode(s), I hope I'm not being rude, it's a genuine doubt I have, could you answer it?
Jul 10, 2019 7:59 PM
Apr 2017
M4RCEL0 said:
ErSolid said:

Oh, ok then.
I checked your animelist and I have a question: how do you rate animes after dropping them early and why do you drop animes that you scored 7+? I was especially intrigued by Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara (10) and Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (9) with one watched episode each, and a few anime you dropped without watching the final (few) episode(s), I hope I'm not being rude, it's a genuine doubt I have, could you answer it?

The Animes I drop with good score is because I went straight to read the Manga/Novel, I'm more of a Manga Guy actually.
Jul 10, 2019 8:02 PM
Apr 2019
ErSolid said:

The Animes I drop with good score is because I went straight to read the Manga/Novel, I'm more of a Manga Guy actually.

But isn't how the original work is adapted more important than the actual story?
Jul 10, 2019 8:07 PM

Mar 2010
zamandzoe said:
Rie Takahashi deserves better.

Dropped halfway through.
5/10

I legit watched this for her and Myth&Roid too lol

Nothing with would "cheat" in it has ever really been good when comes to isekai so not surprise.

That said this show inoffensive but with such a strong season this is doing nothing but bare minimum to stay relvant and that is not cutting it.
Iron_MawJul 10, 2019 8:11 PM
Jul 10, 2019 8:08 PM
Apr 2017
M4RCEL0 said:
ErSolid said:

But isn't how the original work is adapted more important than the actual story?

For Shokugeki no Soma and Ansatsu Kyoushitsu was more because I didn't want to wait to be Honest, I'm not that much into adaptation actually.
Tate no Yuusha I just didn't like that much.
Shingeki no Kyojin I decided to read it from zero and to this day I haven't watched the Anime but I might do later
And about Story well I don't know if you have a question message me
Jul 10, 2019 8:48 PM

Feb 2009
This story is one of the most generic things I've read (though Rin is cute), but it got an average adaptation. Wish this average, souless production team made Arifureta, and Arifireta's medocre production team ruin this Isekai generic shit. There is not justice iun this world
Jul 10, 2019 9:01 PM
Jul 2017
Swagernator said:
Damn, the worst isekai show of the year contest is filling with strong participants, first shield hero then kenja no mago, arifureta, even before maou sama and now this. Is there no stopping it.

Nah man, no competition, Arifureta is definitely the worst. It has a rating of 6.23 which is worse than any of the other and is a pain to watch.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2019

100 by Talamare »»
Aug 24, 8:42 PM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

67 by Tyujg »»
Apr 2, 3:45 AM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2019

40 by Forum »»
Jan 28, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2019

67 by Forum »»
Jan 28, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

32 by Seabury »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.