Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 17, 2021 9:55 AM

Oct 2012
Frederica turned to be pretty good character afterall. And I really like the tibetan atmosphere of this movie and, quite something different from before.

Truth to be to, at the beginning I found Tenzing pretty out of place (genki) character for this type of show yet during the movie I grew to like her as she portrayed innocence here.

Also, I like how we were presented different sides of the conflict. Really enjoyed this one.
Jan 18, 2021 11:13 PM

Jan 2017
The strong point of Case 3 is the movie helps explain what Kougami has done after Psycho-Pass The Movie when he left the SEAUn nation. The Tibetan environment is a beautiful setting that is a break away from the dense Japanese urban hub Psycho-Pass is usually set in. Story-wise, it is enough to wrap up the mysterious whereabouts of Kougami, not to set a potentially different arc like the ultimate intervention of the Sibyl System in SEAUn from Psycho Pass The Movie.

Mod Edit: Removed spoiler

KayKimiiMay 19, 2023 8:29 AM
May 2, 2021 9:23 PM
Feb 2021
Case 3 was better then the other 2 cases and also like how the tell us that he regrets of killing shogo and still haunts him but instead of moving forward in life he has been running away from his problems and he thought that he could fit somewhere after he left division 1 in Japan and also I’m hype Bc my boi kogami is coming back let gooo hopefully season 3 turn out to be gud
Jun 2, 2022 5:57 PM

Dec 2007
i understand the comments that "kougami's movie, must be good", but it seems more like the movie is repeating the first PP movie story. kougami in the main series have somewhat much more to offer with his detective mind than just being merchant. the first movie was good since it was great to see akane and kougami working again, not because of kougami's features, and this case is only repeating the same protocol.

the "twist" itself felt as i said before - only so the case would have some story and action.
to be honest i liked more the action before the fist fight, the fist fight itself felt like repeating the same battles from the other cases lol.

still though, very liked the bond between kougami and tenzin made good point.
dunno about feredrica necessaries to the plot except for that ending. but she is a good rival to akane on kougami heart lol
the OST was good as the rest of the cases. and the animation was crazy. doing out-japan world without snows or building was beautiful. the CGI hasn't bothered me much as the series did. lol

all and all, i felt it was kind of the weakest of the most cases, where case 1 did some "weird" character development on mika and case 2 did good character development. case 3 haven't done much, maybe strengthening kougami's determination. still though it was pretty entertaining and interesting.

7/10

Mod Edit: Removed spoiler
KayKimiiMay 19, 2023 8:27 AM
Jul 7, 2022 1:59 AM

Aug 2017
One of the very few anime taking place in Tibet, by the way. I wish they integrated a bit more of the Buddhist stuff, but it was a nice idea still.
Aug 14, 2022 10:29 AM
Jul 2022
Kogami is the main character of this whole damn anime, if he's in it, it's just better. Yea it feels weird when he isnt the focus but come on man, he's the only reason this shits still relevant, the scores where he is the main compared to the seasons and movies where he isnt dont even compare. Excited for season 3 knowing he is going back to Japan. 8/10, was great, nothing will ever surpass season 1 for me but thats cause psycho pass had brought something new to anime and we will never get to feel that type of high again. No biggie, still a great series i think is worth checking out in its entirety! on to season 3!
Nov 10, 2022 1:57 PM

Apr 2012
best of those three cases, pretty much watchable standalone, Kougami was like Sagara Sousuke's adult version, pure satisfaction!
To err is human. To purr is feline (c)
May 2, 2023 5:24 AM

Jun 2013
Good movie.
I found myself liking the Psycho-pass the more it's strayed from ahm... psycho-passes.
It seems the first season explored this theme almost completely and the authors have nothing to say left, nor they wants to close the plot holes of dysfunctional system.

But the world of this franchise is interesting by itself and I hope there will be more entries exploring countries outside Japan. There are EU and USA that I would be interested to see how they look like and what problems they do have now. Did the S1 mentioned something about them?
X
May 6, 2023 2:22 AM
Sep 2019
Best movie in the trilogy by far. I loved seeing Kogami smile more and being a softie/father figure to the girl. 
Jun 12, 2023 1:28 PM
May 2022
Visually stunning locations, very interesting to learn more about Kogami's backstory before he comes back to Japan
Jun 21, 2023 8:43 PM

Dec 2022
I think this movie is crap. Kougami's character was reduced to being a sissy pacifist for nearly the entire duration of the movie for no reason at all, until he mans up enough to (barely) win a fight against the antagonist and kill him in the last few minutes. The kid was shoved in for the purpose of being cute, and to be enough of a victim to incentivise Kougami to stop roleplaying as a poor man's Akane. She mainly acted as a blank slate for Kougami to scrawl his dovish teachings on. The memo the movie is trying to send is so painfully hamfisted that it hurt — "Revenge is bad". If you didn't get that message the first time, then it'll keep forcing it down your throat every minute until you get do. Of course, it needed to have Shougo's ghost returning twice to spout some superstitious trite, as if he didn't have enough time to do that while he was alive. Whatever gets his fangirls panties wet, I guess.

The antagonist was barely even an antagonist, for that matter. He gets a peace treaty signed in a warring hellhole, who cares. It's like the movie didn't know where to go with its plot after Garcia killed the guy who shot Tenzing's dad. Go watch Darker than Black: Gemini if you want to see this premise done better. This movie barely references the rest of the Psycho-Pass universe anyway.

The visuals and action were fine, and that's all this movie really has going for it. Otherwise, it barely felt like a Psycho-Pass movie.

╔═══▣ ▣═══╗
Shaded Horizon

Jul 12, 2023 6:59 PM
Aug 2022
it was good since it focuses on kogami but i would have liked it to be more sci-fi and have tech gadgets
Aug 13, 2023 4:10 PM
Jul 2021
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Oct 8, 2023 3:44 AM

Jul 2012
"Nihon ni kaero" 😭 finally he is going back!!

When Kougami make a deal with Frederica and he said "any deal", Some perv in my mind want the deal for them to get married or atleast s*x lol 😂 cz he can't do it with that child, right..?

Too bad, Garcia is a bad people.. if he is not..
There is a high chance that the rest of Kougami life will spend on that Tibet-Himalayan village 😅

Overall : as usually epic..
Moving from a story to another story with smooth transition..
Cool action..

Now I want them (Frederica n Kougami) to be a couple lol 😂
Baka Akane who still trust the system n robot president..

Now, can't wait to watch the Movie (2023) N S3..

Oct 27, 2023 2:10 PM

Nov 2010
The Himalayas look so nice. I also wish to go there and live a simple and quiet life. However, I'm unsure how long I can last without technology. I'm sure I'll get so bored quickly.

I have so much attachment to this world. As much as I want to RIP, I still would love to observe human civilization's rise and fall. I hope to end up as a Ro-lang in the future.

They say revenge is bittersweet, but if someone wronged me and I had the chance, I would relish taking my time to make them pay.
Kougami's body armor is awesome. It managed to stop a 20mm round.
It's good to see Kougami in action again. It's interesting to see Makishima still haunting his thoughts after all this time. I miss him as the villain.
That was a good twist. The action and gunfights were good. Also, Tensing and Frederica's fanservice is much appreciated!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Can i see this movie while having only watched the original movie and the first season of the OG series?

photamako - Mar 9, 2019

14 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Jun 4, 2021 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.