Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 9, 2018 10:03 PM
Jan 2018
I think this will be my CGDCT anime of the season. loved the music.

anyone know what the name of the song they played near the beginning is?
Oct 9, 2018 11:15 PM

Sep 2010
This background history was hilarous. The bad girls are the girls that going to a cheerleading club ask a member that she needs to come down their lvl. Cheerleading or any team gymnastic is all about synchronization. She declines to follow the team, I would kick her of the team for sure. How can you keep a member in a team sports activity so selfish that doesn't care at all about their team members, it is not a single routine. "We are all equals" NOOO, If you can't keep, fuck you all xD . What a bad girls, they bully the super special girl!!!!!!

You know how bad they are because they are dark and our special girl is all sparkly.
War_lotharOct 9, 2018 11:29 PM
Oct 10, 2018 9:23 PM

Sep 2011
50/50 on this one. It seems pretty generic for a Kirara series. Perfect girl's backstory is kind of cringey but the tree scene made me laugh so I'll give it another episode.
Oct 11, 2018 5:43 PM

May 2015
Cheerleading girls, that was cute. Animation was kinda disappointing though. I expected better from Doga Kobo at least. But well, they're doing another show as well this season.

Oct 12, 2018 12:17 AM

Nov 2011

what the sub says:
"you might think you are special because you are super talented or whatever, but we're all equal here.."

what the character actually said:
"you may be special because you have the talent (for cheerleading), but we don't (have the talent for cheerleading)"

the sub makes the character look like an overconfident brat.
the actual characters acknowledge her talent in cheerleading.

You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Oct 12, 2018 10:07 AM

Jul 2015
Wtf two Cure Yells, Kohane reminds me a lot to Hana from Hugtto Precure, and damn if that isn't a positive comparison!

That was a very nice first episode, the three girls introduced so far were nice and the comedy was solid (especially loved when the grandma asked if Kohane was a pervert and the part with her doing a cursed dance xD), pretty good drama too, looks like Arima went through bad times because of the envy the girls from her previous cheer group had due to her being better than them, thankfully things should be very different with our adorable protagonist being with her!
Oct 12, 2018 12:12 PM

Nov 2011
MetaThPr4h said:
Wtf two Cure Yells, Kohane reminds me a lot to Hana from Hugtto Precure, and damn if that isn't a positive comparison!

That was a very nice first episode, the three girls introduced so far were nice and the comedy was solid (especially loved when the grandma asked if Kohane was a pervert and the part with her doing a cursed dance xD), pretty good drama too, looks like Arima went through bad times because of the envy the girls from her previous cheer group had due to her being better than them, thankfully things should be very different with our adorable protagonist being with her!

im not sure about them being jealous. the sub makes the scene appear more confrontational than it actually was. it seems to me that they were simply annoyed that the rest of the team were unable to keep in sync with her and wanted her to slow down (rather than trying to catch up with her)
not out of jealousy necessarily, but for the teams' sake. in cheerleading, keeping each other in sync is vital, afterall.
instead of trying to improve themselves, the team chooses the easy route and asks Arima to slow down and follow the pace of the rest of the team. this is in contrast with Kohane, who tells Arima that she will do her best to try and catch up with her. she even climbs a tree to cheer her on, which is a pretty amazing feat, given her strong fear of heights.
Arima also didnt respond with a blunt "i refuse/ i decline", but rather a softer "it will be difficult for me to accept your request" - this is because she wants to get even better at cheerleading.
the end message is the same though - she declines to slow her pace.

btw, i agree with Kohane reminding of cure Yell.
there is also moegi emo from kiratto prichan, who is a cheerleading idol

You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

Oct 12, 2018 5:11 PM

Jul 2015
DreamingBeats said:

im not sure about them being jealous. the sub makes the scene appear more confrontational than it actually was. it seems to me that they were simply annoyed that the rest of the team were unable to keep in sync with her and wanted her to slow down (rather than trying to catch up with her)
not out of jealousy necessarily, but for the teams' sake. in cheerleading, keeping each other in sync is vital, afterall.
instead of trying to improve themselves, the team chooses the easy route and asks Arima to slow down and follow the pace of the rest of the team. this is in contrast with Kohane, who tells Arima that she will do her best to try and catch up with her. she even climbs a tree to cheer her on, which is a pretty amazing feat, given her strong fear of heights.
Arima also didnt respond with a blunt "i refuse/ i decline", but rather a softer "it will be difficult for me to accept your request" - this is because she wants to get even better at cheerleading.
the end message is the same though - she declines to slow her pace.

btw, i agree with Kohane reminding of cure Yell.
there is also moegi emo from kiratto prichan, who is a cheerleading idol

Thanks for the info! It feels quite different then, although if one thing didn't change is Kohane's awesomeness n_n

And yeah I remember Emo, although I stopped with Prichan because the sub releases were pretty unknown in release, I plan to start with the series from Pretty Rhythm once I finish Aikatsu Stars anyways, so Prichan will be most likely finished by then.

Oct 12, 2018 11:43 PM

Feb 2017
i think this series is above avarage in term of cgdct.
the plot is fluid, full of content and moments.
it's a little bit cringe tho, but this is cgdct anyway.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Oct 13, 2018 2:27 AM

Jun 2013
I have to admit that it was pretty funny. There were some really good moments that had me laughing out loud. The rest of the anime though is pretty average, like the animation.

But it's not trying to be anything by what it is: CGDCT. It's moe blob fare, so i'll stick around for another few episodes.
Oct 13, 2018 9:12 AM

Oct 2017
i don't think i would've liked it as much if i didn't already love the cheerleading theme, if this was your regular idol show i think i'd find it a bit tiring, but what can i say. i like cheerleaders. this is the closest i have to a 'the most popular girls in school' anime right now so i'll take it
[url=https://myanimelist.net/profile/mifti]
[/url]
Oct 13, 2018 9:26 AM

Nov 2011
arguably the chair joke works better in the manga - it shows Kohane making the pose of an actual chair (in Uki's mind)
"i want to be a chair!" *mimics a chair*
its a silly joke, but.

Oct 14, 2018 10:28 AM

Jun 2013
it's not that bad i guess
Oct 14, 2018 4:58 PM

May 2015
Now this is epic.
Kaos' cousin is cute af.
Oct 20, 2018 11:07 PM
Mar 2012
Seems more comedy focused than CheerDanshi, which was mainly stunts practice, character conflict & growth .
Ya the group looks quite familiar, and too much sameface early on.
Oct 23, 2018 9:57 AM

Feb 2017
the show for me ( ° ͜ʖ °)
アニメ幼女見てるのが楽しい
Oct 24, 2018 2:39 AM

Jul 2016
It reminds me of Action Heroine Cheer Fruits.
Nov 19, 2018 11:28 AM

Oct 2018
Put this off for too long. Decent moe anime I see. Figured it would just by looking at the cover of the anime.

I mean, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. Simply put I'll watch from start to finish, but nothing great.

Best moe anime this season still is probably Ms Vampire who lives in my Neighborhood
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ Bob is building an army.               ---------------_ -_ ΣD               
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ .......☻/ This tank & Bob are against sekai-
[███████████████████]. /▌ Copy and Paste this all over
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤../\ MAL if you are with us
Nov 25, 2018 3:49 AM

Aug 2017
A moe show about cheerleading. Awful start. Kohane is insisting so much to the point that makes me want to yell at her. That was very cringey to watch lmao.

I hope that this show gets better.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 23, 2018 6:27 PM

Apr 2014
wow this series is super cute and i love it!

"one step at a time"
Mar 10, 2019 6:00 PM

Oct 2012
This was actually pretty good for a start and the character dynamics is great here. Kinda interesting they only took new seiyuu to voice this.

Guess I have another cute girls doing cute things show to watch.
Apr 23, 2019 8:54 AM

May 2012
That's quite a lot of energy, pretty interesting start! Actually looking forwards to see what this anime will offer!
Nov 17, 2019 4:14 AM
Jul 2018
This is a great first episode, I laughed a lot more than I expected to. The best scene was Kohane outside Arima's class doing that crazy ritual dance lmfao.

I like the fact that the cheerleading scenes didn't contain any noticeable 3D CGI, which is common for these type of shows.
Nov 29, 2020 8:22 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well the main character is cute, and the concept is a bit weird (cheerleading wtf) but works fine so far, I guess that it's going to be mixed with drama and competition, nice start
Mar 11, 2021 12:54 AM

Feb 2020
Chair club, haha.

Very cute and funny start.

Kohane is such an adorable, cheerful, and helpful person. Now she just needs to get rid of her fear of heights, or otherwise being a cheerleader is out of question.

SerafosDec 30, 2023 10:41 PM
Oct 18, 2021 6:12 AM

Aug 2018
Already in first episode we deal with the problem of group, and it bullying Arima to leave.. As well as Kohane deals with her height fear.. Wonder, if we'll have more problems, and if will continue to solve these ones.. I think adding some problems to deal with is what this show would need to have.. To be more engaging.. And first episode had them.. How will be next - will see..
Mar 21, 2022 4:19 PM

Nov 2013
I personally think that cheerleading is stupid waste of energy, but it's anime, so, who cares what are they doing.
This is your typical CGDCT/club activity anime, nothing new here. I like Arima. And her seiyuu Yamada Yuina is really good. Can't believe she had only few roles.
Aug 6, 2023 8:33 AM

Aug 2019
i want to join the chair club.
ukis fun :D and kohane is cute.
this story though. its just like gup introduction. a girl who was good at something starts ata new school and hates the idea of doing the thing she was good at but ends up being pestered into joining the school club about it anyway. but like gup i assume this series goal is not to have the best story but like gup had tank action this has chairing

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2023 1:12 PM
Oct 2023
I thought it had a cute, promising beginning. The MC came across as pushy but not overly pushy. At least not overly pushy yet. I mean, it's one episode. You can't be too pushy in one episode. One thing I did find weird is the MC's weakness. It is unique and I can see why some people would like it for being a different kind of challenge a potential cheerleader would have to overcome, but fear of heights just seems weird for a main weakness, plus they're taking it to the extreme. She can barely climb a couple feet off the ground without almost wetting herself. She's afraid to be on the second floor of her school. No one is that afraid of heights. If they weren't that drastic about it, I might buy into the notion. Overall, the opening episode gets four stars.
Jan 7, 9:34 AM
Feb 2016
I love this anime. This first cap, containen all this my favoritve theme

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Anima Yell! Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2018

29 by wildhood »»
Apr 20, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Anima Yell! Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2018

23 by Deazu »»
Jan 17, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Anima Yell! Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2018

41 by Deazu »»
Jan 13, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Anima Yell! Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2018

32 by Deazu »»
Jan 10, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Anima Yell! Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2018

46 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 30, 2023 7:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.