Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 10, 2017 2:43 AM
Jul 2012
Aretheus said:
teubert2 said:
... What was the point of Yoshiko Yohane and Zuramaru waiting outside the Christmas event performers selection room if they are going to take part in the concert too...? And how does everyone know the lyrics, dance formation and stuff too? Oh and I thought it was a concert dedicated to their older sisters and to show them they can do things on their own as well?

It wasn't a bad song, but that's besides the point...

Though I suppose µ's did the same in the original Love Live! but that's also besides the point lol...

I made a post earlier about this. And while I'm not sure and this seems like a long shot. But I think there was a time skip between when they met back up and when the concert happened.

It makes no sense, but that's the only way I could see them being prepared for it.

Yeah I figured somebody did, but the more that write it the better, right? Or maybe not xD

Time skip? Well... I suppose it is possible. A really bad thing to do with this scene if you ask me, but not much I can do about that as I'm not the one working on the anime. I just don't get why they build it up to be a duet when everyone else takes part. It seems so stupid, like the anime director (or whatever) doesn't know how to do his /her job...
When people tell me to stream anime on CR instead of downloading from fansub sites.

Dec 10, 2017 2:52 PM

Feb 2015
teubert2 said:

Yeah I figured somebody did, but the more that write it the better, right? Or maybe not xD

Time skip? Well... I suppose it is possible. A really bad thing to do with this scene if you ask me, but not much I can do about that as I'm not the one working on the anime. I just don't get why they build it up to be a duet when everyone else takes part. It seems so stupid, like the anime director (or whatever) doesn't know how to do his /her job...

I'm going to suspect that this problem was only partly the anime director's fault. Basically, my guess is that they realized that the first years besides Yohane had not gotten much development. And they also wanted an arc for Saint Snow. So they develop this plot to address that. But since the anime is made after the songs are recorded, they didn't have a song that was just Ruby and Leah.

"What do we do now?" the staff asks.

"Don't worry, we have one song with a minute of Ruby and Leah singing, we can just use that and hope that the audience doesn't question the rest." responds the director.

I have no evidence of this btw. This is completely just me guessing.
Dec 15, 2017 12:47 PM
Jun 2017
Zelev said:
Lol I don't know if anyone else caught it, but at 9:00 minutes into the episode in the room scene, she's not wearing the uniform thing on her head at all. Then one second she's wearing it, the next second it's gone.

Anyway, I liked how this episode gave screen time to the first years. They desperately needed this as they were the weakest characters, imo. Saint Snow is really good, so it's a shame that they're disbanding the group altogether; but I look forward to her next group she will create from scratch.

Judging by next week's preview, it looks like it will focus on the third years. The episode after that one will probably focus on the second years, and the one after that will probably focus on the group as a whole. Finale.

Imagine if we get a third spinoff of Leah's new group xD
Dec 16, 2017 2:27 AM

Mar 2009
Dia and Ruby's relationship is so damn endearing.
Dec 30, 2017 3:41 PM

Dec 2014
One of the best shows they put on and Saint Snow was a part of it!

Something about the animation in this that made me love it so much!

I have small reviews for almost ALL anime I've seen. Unlike any regular MAL page you've seen.

Ever wondering what I've watched and what I think about it? Check my List out below!

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Iam_Jermaine
Jan 31, 2019 6:09 PM

Jun 2015
this made me so sulky as an the oldest sibling, to see how a younger sibling views their older sibling. i really like the song they made and that they collaborated with saint snow, now im wishing that µ's had collaborated with a-rise like this.
Nov 14, 2019 8:04 PM
Apr 2018
The whole episode and theme was nice but, idk, Ruby whole character is... ugh. Both Zuramaru and Yoshiko were funny.

Also, the song shouldn't have been a group thing: if there wasn't a Ruby/Leah song, then why did the writers hint a duet? The song was okay I guess; believe it or not, outside of Start Dash and Snow Halation, I don't remember any of the inserts tbh, they all seem forgettable imo.
Jun 8, 2020 7:02 AM

May 2016
It's great to see the First-Years being more independent since they'll be the big sisters everyone will look up to very soon. Ruby and Leah's opening duet was beautiful and the entirety of the song surpassed my expectations. Everyone joining in on Awaken the Power including Dia and Sarah despite it being a song only Ruby and Leah has fully prepared for just requires a bit of suspension of disbelief. This reminded me of the musical sequences at the end of animated movies where everyone sings along and I had an absolute blast with it! I would've had even more of a field-day if A-RISE was able to get this much development and meaningful interaction with μ's~

Leah deciding to put Saint Snow to rest and form a different group since it would never be the same once Sarah's gone gave me some LLS2 flashbacks, man...

Sep 15, 2020 10:52 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Saint Aquors Snow? A collaboration between two groups that supposed to be a rival? Damn, its happening. They were did that on the 'Awaken Power' song and that show just absolutely beautiful!

Yep, as expected, as their hardness to be an independent person and became a better matured girl, they did a lovable activity, stunning performance, and touchable interaction. How sweet, the relations between those two siblings. Its a real harmony among everything that wrecked up their previous relations. It was indeed, nice!

I had nothing to say more. This is absolutely great, and Ruby slowly began to be a mature one. A greatest development among every girls in Aquors, beside Chika, ofc. XD

Whats next? Its looks like, Mari still had some room to improved. Lets see the one, then!
badabassSep 15, 2020 10:57 PM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 11, 2021 1:46 PM
Nov 2018
Loved this episode! The saint aquors snow song is so cool. The visuals are impressive compared to the u’s earlier videos, they have come a long way since then haha
Apr 19, 2021 10:43 AM

Feb 2020
Heartwarming and beautiful episode.

Awaken the Power is their best song in my opinion. I loved the performance. Ruby and Leah did a fantastic job. Dia and Sarah can be proud of their little sisters. ^^

I really like this collaboration. Saint Aqours is awesome.

SerafosJun 30, 11:42 AM
Nov 7, 2021 9:37 PM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
The first 1 minute of the concert/MV, including the animation and split screen transition was great and then, in typical Amuse fashion, they ruin it with a big group dance party of bubbly garbage.
Nov 10, 2021 2:47 PM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
Finally, some good fucking music. At least for the first 45 seconds of their performance at the end. The rest immediately plummet into cookie cutter idol garbage. But as I said, the first 45 seconds of it was excellent. Good singing, beautiful graphics and smooth motion. And I especially liked the split screen flip transition.
Nov 30, 2021 4:47 AM
Jul 2018
That. Was. Beautiful. 😭

If you have a sibling like Leah or Ruby or friends like Hanamaru or Yoshiko, you'd best hold on to 'em!~
Mar 16, 2022 10:32 AM
Jul 2018
Ruby is so lucky for almost getting touched by Dia's big mole.
Apr 7, 2022 6:08 PM

Jan 2022
Still not a fan of Ruby, but absolutely loved this episode
The performance at the end was great and the song too. Would've been cool if we actually got to see a performance of just Ruby and Leah but I'm not too upset about it
May 7, 2023 4:04 AM

Dec 2020
I thought it was supposed to be a performance of just those two to show off their hard work and that they can do it by themselves? Lmao why'd everyone else join in
May 16, 2023 7:36 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This was a really good episode overall, loved seeing Ruby and Leah make an effort to do stuff on their own with the help of Hanamaru and Yoshiko, they all worked really well together and had a lot of hilarious moments.

And their performance was really good, that song slapped, but I had one problem with it, and that’s the fact that the older sisters and the rest of Aqours were a part of it. I think it would have been more impactful had it just been Ruby and Leah doing the performance, with at most Hanamura and Yoshiko helping. It also didn’t make any sense since they personally invited their sisters to the event, only for them to be part of it lol. That being said tho, it was still awesome and definitely one of the things that will stick with me long after I finish this show.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

132 by master106 »»
Oct 1, 9:25 AM

» Aquors HELP!!!

Vapor_AU - Jun 7

2 by Serafos »»
Jun 8, 5:31 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

68 by JoJoLaRow »»
Apr 16, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2017

58 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 21, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2017

81 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 19, 3:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.