Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 20, 2015 7:26 AM

Aug 2014
There's a surprising amount of 1/5's for this chapter...
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Dec 20, 2015 7:32 AM
Oct 2012
SleighBells said:
Nice chapter, couldn't wait more to see Touka again aww.
By the way, I don't think Shirazu will come back simply because he was declared dead which isn't the case of Amon or Takizawa, I'm pretty disappointed for his death thò he was the only "Sane" Quinx.
It seems that :re isn't actually following Yoshimura's will but let's see what happens, I personally would like them to be more involved in the story.
Can't wait for next chapters to see Kaneki's current state of mind, congratulations to Ishida for this great year.

Can someone explain me the "Talking Kagune" stuff? I didn't understand it.

remember, Amon and Takizawa disappeared in the middle of the battle and just let the remains behind, Shirazu was examined by doctors, God, are so different situations.
Dec 20, 2015 7:39 AM
Nov 2015
Papa shu couldn't bear it anymore and broke out xd, nice.

Whats the point of powerfarming one-eyed ghouls, it takes time to acclimate a humans body to a kakuho so they shouldnt be instantly S-class level, he said something about combining his own experience with it so god knows how OP the ''begin'' level is with this guy.

Well it will probably take a arc or two for this false kaneki personality to go away :I. It just doesnt fit him. (He looks badass though)
Dec 20, 2015 7:47 AM

Jul 2014
Is everyone adorable? What fake personality? You saw 2 flipping lines from the guy. How the fuck can you assess what his personality is like? For fucks sake...
And how the flip do you know that's a fake one? "Ah it's not how i see Kaneki so he must be faking it out".

Maledict said:
There's a surprising amount of 1/5's for this chapter...

haha, 3 people did take their time back in the tg days to give 1/5 to every chapter. I guess that was the moment when they realized that this is the new series that they want to hate. One of those 3 is the truth4life guy or whatever his name is, so maybe he made alts.
ArcanixDec 20, 2015 8:04 AM
Dec 20, 2015 7:51 AM

Aug 2010
The "Black Death God". Kaneki is now the next Arima. I'm getting Root A Kaneki vibes from the current Kaneki atm but I hope that will only be temporary. No way Ishida will keep him a mystery for that long.

Was so happy to see Touka and Yomo again and nice to know that Tsukiyama is now safe.

Eto will probably ejaculate just from seeing Kaneki now.
Dec 20, 2015 8:12 AM
Feb 2015
So Eto was linked to that little girl which was giving Karen the pictures of Kaneki for Shu since she has the pictures with numbers on them near her this chapter.So crazy twists TG never disappoints every week is pure hype and so much to dive into :D
Dec 20, 2015 8:15 AM

Jul 2014
Hawk_Knight said:
So Eto was linked to that little girl which was giving Karen the pictures of Kaneki for Shu since she has the pictures with numbers on them near her this chapter.So crazy twists TG never disappoints every week is pure hype and so much to dive into :D

Or Eto just got the pictures once she caught Kanae...
Dec 20, 2015 8:21 AM
Feb 2015
Arcanix said:
Hawk_Knight said:

That might be the case but i don´t think Kanae/Karen had the pictures with her when she met Eto.That would be to convenient and its just my intuition but i really think Eto is somewhat linked to that reporter girl, remember when Eto met Hinami at the book signing and offered "help" she might have done the same with that reporter and then motivated her to start all that happened in this arc by giving those pictures to Karen who would then pass them to Shuu.
Dec 20, 2015 8:34 AM

Dec 2015
Acernos said:
SleighBells said:
Nice chapter, couldn't wait more to see Touka again aww.
By the way, I don't think Shirazu will come back simply because he was declared dead which isn't the case of Amon or Takizawa, I'm pretty disappointed for his death thò he was the only "Sane" Quinx.
It seems that :re isn't actually following Yoshimura's will but let's see what happens, I personally would like them to be more involved in the story.
Can't wait for next chapters to see Kaneki's current state of mind, congratulations to Ishida for this great year.

Can someone explain me the "Talking Kagune" stuff? I didn't understand it.

remember, Amon and Takizawa disappeared in the middle of the battle and just let the remains behind, Shirazu was examined by doctors, God, are so different situations.

Can you tell me the point of this reply, huh?
Maybe you misunderstood what I meant, I said that Shirazu is definitely dead and won't be "resurrected", which is NOT the case of both Takizawa and Amon who were not declared dead, in fact the first is confirmed to be alive while the second is most likely the misterious "Robed Giant" mentioned by Porpora and the one who saved Saiko from Shikorae.
"I'm not gonna die, I've got a cat that's waiting for me at home"

Dec 20, 2015 8:38 AM

Dec 2014
Hawk_Knight said:
Arcanix said:

That might be the case but i don´t think Kanae/Karen had the pictures with her when she met Eto.That would be to convenient and its just my intuition but i really think Eto is somewhat linked to that reporter girl, remember when Eto met Hinami at the book signing and offered "help" she might have done the same with that reporter and then motivated her to start all that happened in this arc by giving those pictures to Karen who would then pass them to Shuu.

Bruh....
Dec 20, 2015 8:54 AM

Oct 2011
Shirazu is dead. He won't be back. Maybe his kagune (in-built quinque) will be used for another experiment, but he is dead. We have seen it, like we've seen it with Mado. I'm not sure about Kanae's fate. It looked like she died, but... Rize's alive, Arata's probably alive too... So she may return at some point.

I really like that black reaper Kaneki now. I'm really curious about him - he's something new and old in the same time. And it's so nice that we don't know what he is thinking! This chapter was great, but it was aftermath, so it was naturally more peaceful, but Ishida was still able to make it really exciting! I love Eto's bath scene, Furuta's singing Donna Donna and that Black Reaper scene... And Hori of course. She's great.
Dec 20, 2015 8:59 AM

Dec 2014
Earame said:
I'm not sure about Kanae's fate. It looked like she died, but... Rize's alive, Arata's probably alive too... So she may return at some point.
Now that you mention it, it does make sense for Arata to be alive since they need a donor to manufacture the Arata armor.
Dec 20, 2015 9:04 AM

Jan 2011
shirazu i will miss you
Dec 20, 2015 9:16 AM
Dec 2015
FunkyNano said:
obitorolent said:

Hmm... I hope you're right. Would be an asspull if not.

Pretty sure they're just gonna try some mad shit with his and Gagi & Guge's kagune on some other poor human

As asspull as it is, I wouldn't be surprised to see Shirazu come back as a puppet without consciousness. Dr.Kano did hint at the fact that he could bring Gagi & Guge "back to life". Then again, he could also be saying it figuratively
Dec 20, 2015 9:23 AM

Dec 2015
Nuvviveji said:
Earame said:
I'm not sure about Kanae's fate. It looked like she died, but... Rize's alive, Arata's probably alive too... So she may return at some point.
Now that you mention it, it does make sense for Arata to be alive since they need a donor to manufacture the Arata armor.

That's actually a nice intuition, I never thought about it and agree, it makes sense.

Acernos said:

Dr.Kano did hint at the fact that he could bring Gagi & Guge "back to life". Then again, he could also be saying it figuratively

Actually, Kanou said that figuratively to gain Naki's permission, he meant to use their Kakuhous for experiments because they had a hidden high potential, NOT to revive them.
Sleigh2BellsDec 20, 2015 9:32 AM

Dec 20, 2015 9:39 AM

Aug 2014
ichii, where are you, man? I know you want to comment on how if Shirazu gets brought back to life it will be bad writing and plot, and if he isn't then his corpse getting stolen would be pointless.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Dec 20, 2015 9:49 AM
Oct 2012
SleighBells said:
Acernos said:

Can you tell me the point of this reply, huh?
Maybe you misunderstood what I meant, I said that Shirazu is definitely dead and won't be "resurrected", which is NOT the case of both Takizawa and Amon who were not declared dead, in fact the first is confirmed to be alive while the second is most likely the misterious "Robed Giant" mentioned by Porpora and the one who saved Saiko from Shikorae.

OK, my fault, like a crowd of people comparing what happened to Shirazu to what happened to Ammon and Takizawa, I unconsciously read wrong your post.
Dec 20, 2015 9:56 AM
Dec 2010
Shirazu body being violated by Kano needs more body for future experiments, Qs in trouble.

Nice we see Cafe staves Touka and the rest.

Very cool Megane clad in black, ranked associate special class: "Exterminate them please"
and apparently called "The Black Reaper". WOAHH KANEKI IS AWESOME!

And Kaneki really did saved Shu, but sacrificing kanae instead.

"I promise you i will get shirazu back" is that Kaneki? Do we have a heartless kaneki that cares about friends but no longer have any remorse in killing and sacrificing others? nice

edit: but wait. Isnt Arima the same when ask what to do with ghouls, he says "exterminate them" easily as well. and haise/kaneki is copying that including the glasses, even the Reaper title. Lmao. ARima Jr.

forzsakenDec 20, 2015 10:08 AM
Dec 20, 2015 10:07 AM

Dec 2015
Acernos said:
OK, my fault, like a crowd of people comparing what happened to Shirazu to what happened to Ammon and Takizawa, I unconsciously read wrong your post.

No problem.

Btw, can someone explain me the "Talking Kagune" stuff? I think i didn't understand that part.

Dec 20, 2015 10:26 AM

Mar 2014
Tsukiyama survive thx to Hori, Yomo and Touka and good thing his daddy is alive too otherwise it will be too sad for him.

Shirazu body is taken by the Aogiri and use for experiments, I'm guessing that Aogiri will soon going to have their own version of the Q's squad

Dec 20, 2015 10:43 AM

Dec 2014
SleighBells said:
Acernos said:

No problem.

Btw, can someone explain me the "Talking Kagune" stuff? I think i didn't understand that part.
Basically Eto said that the form of kagune of a ghoul depends on his imagination and the quality of the RC cells. She manifested a kagune which had mouths of it's own and spoke on it's own accord. Now after eating Eto's kakuja Kaneki seems to have the same abillity since his kagune was shown to have eyes and a tounge, and it apparently spoke but noone really translated what it said. Look closer at the panel with KA-NE-KI KUN <3 and look at the kagune a bit closer.
Dec 20, 2015 10:47 AM

Dec 2014
HIPSTERMOONCAT said:
Agent-Phrank said:

So you think the hymen regenerates?

- - - -

~Donna donna

"Calves are easily bound and slaughtered
Never knowing the reason why
But whoever treasures freedom
Like the swallow must learn to fly.
How the winds are laughing
They laugh with all their might
Laugh and laugh the whole day through
and half the summer's night
"

Phrank I'm glad you're here

Here's the full song:

On a wagon bound for market
There's a calf with a mournful eye
High above him there's a swallow
Winging swiftly through the sky
And half the summer's night
Donna, Donna, Donna, Donna
Donna, Donna, Donna, Don
Donna, Donna, Donna, Don

"Stop complaining", said the farmer
Who told you a calf to be?
Why don't you have wings to fly with
Like the swallow so proud and free?
Donna, Donna, Donna, Don
Donna, Donna, Donna, Don
Calves are easily bound and slaughtered
Never knowing the reason why
But whoever treasures freedom
Like the swallow has learned to fly
Donna, Donna, Donna, Don
Donna, Donna, Donna, Don
Dec 20, 2015 10:54 AM

Jan 2014
Kaneki seems to have been losing his eyesight since the start of the Rose Arc.
Dec 20, 2015 11:07 AM

Aug 2013
kaneki became new arima? shirazu is going to be resurrected? i thought this was MAL not tumblr. well whatever.

i don't want to believe that hori is acquainted with eto. she even encouraged tsukiyama and said something everyone was thinking(kaneki saving him). eto just took kanae's belongings. that's it(i hope so).

and mirumo is a beast.
Dec 20, 2015 11:09 AM

Dec 2015
Nuvviveji said:
SleighBells said:

No problem.

Basically Eto said that the form of kagune of a ghoul depends on his imagination and the quality of the RC cells. She manifested a kagune which had mouths of it's own and spoke on it's own accord. Now after eating Eto's kakuja Kaneki seems to have the same abillity since his kagune was shown to have eyes and a tounge, and it apparently spoke but noone really translated what it said. Look closer at the panel with KA-NE-KI KUN <3 and look at the kagune a bit closer.

aight, it's clear now, thanks

Do you mean this right?
hm, I think we need confirmations because it's pretty ambiguos, it could be Eto "thinking" "Kaneki... <3" from the previous page as well but that's most likely the tongue who spoke.

I have a theory about that, if anyone of you watched Harry Potter surely know the relationship between Harry and Voldemort, if you don't know I'll explain it below.

Basically, Voldemort was somehow linked with Harry's mind, he could feel his thoughts and reading his mind (not completely thò), that said, I think there could be a similar situation with Eto and Ken and the Kagune Kaneki "inherited" could be the "link" between them.

Btw it's just a theory, I don't think it is what Sui has in mind but we'll see.
Sleigh2BellsDec 20, 2015 11:50 AM

Dec 20, 2015 11:50 AM

Dec 2015
FunkyNano said:

That is Eto saying "Kaneki Kun", he means the small untranslated text box above the "Kaneki Kun <3" just over Kaneki's Kagune

I see, well well we need confirmations there so.
I think that the one speaking is Eto too but who knows.

Dec 20, 2015 11:51 AM

Oct 2014
Well shirazu is definitely coming back. I wonder if urie will be the one to fight him.
Dec 20, 2015 11:54 AM

Oct 2014
forzsaken said:
Shirazu body being violated by Kano needs more body for future experiments, Qs in trouble.

Nice we see Cafe staves Touka and the rest.

Very cool Megane clad in black, ranked associate special class: "Exterminate them please"
and apparently called "The Black Reaper". WOAHH KANEKI IS AWESOME!

And Kaneki really did saved Shu, but sacrificing kanae instead.

"I promise you i will get shirazu back" is that Kaneki? Do we have a heartless kaneki that cares about friends but no longer have any remorse in killing and sacrificing others? nice

edit: but wait. Isnt Arima the same when ask what to do with ghouls, he says "exterminate them" easily as well. and haise/kaneki is copying that including the glasses, even the Reaper title. Lmao. ARima Jr.

I think urie was the one who says I promise to get shirazu back.
Dec 20, 2015 12:00 PM

Nov 2014
pretentiousgabby said:
Well shirazu is definitely coming back. I wonder if urie will be the one to fight him.

Beg pardon
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2015 12:05 PM

Oct 2014
Kvothe51 said:
pretentiousgabby said:

Beg pardon
I may remember wrong but iirc kanou was talking to a few ghouls about brining him back to life somehow but he may not be the same as he once was. It may have been naki he was talking to.

If I go back and find it or find my mistake I'll let you know
Dec 20, 2015 12:06 PM

Dec 2014
SleighBells said:
FunkyNano said:

That is Eto saying "Kaneki Kun", he means the small untranslated text box above the "Kaneki Kun <3" just over Kaneki's Kagune

That was just an overlapping dialog, just above the KANEKI KUN bubble and a bit to the right is the part I'm talking about.
Dec 20, 2015 12:44 PM

Aug 2014
Papa Tsukiyama is a total badass, dude had no trouble surrendering himself if it meant that his son would be safe but once he thought he was in trouble he decided to escape and rescue him xD

As expected Eto is shown to be alive and what's more, she's "busy" in the bathroom swooning over Kaneki :p

I'm loving Kaneki's new look expect for the glasses...those seriously needs to go lol.
Ishida is definitely setting up Kaneki to be the Yin to Arima's Yang and i can't wait to see where he takes this from here on out.
Dec 20, 2015 12:48 PM

Dec 2015
Nuvviveji said:
SleighBells said:

That was just an overlapping dialog, just above the KANEKI KUN bubble and a bit to the right is the part I'm talking about.

huh I did notice that too but that's not mentioned in my post, pardòn.

Interesting, Interesting, SO interesting, I want next chapter now :'(

Dec 20, 2015 12:56 PM

Sep 2013
Tsukiyama and the gang was okay I guess.

This kaneki is so urghh :(
I guess sasaki ruined kaneki's original self more than I thought :(

lol making the aogiri tree members look intimidating XD
They got soloed by sasaki, they are absolute fodder, god forbid they actually kill someone relevant.

Maledict said:
ichii, where are you, man? I know you want to comment on how if Shirazu gets brought back to life it will be bad writing and plot, and if he isn't then his corpse getting stolen would be pointless.

That's what happens when you mess up, it just keeps building up.

And shirazu did not have all his restrictions lifted when he was fighting noro? XD
Dec 20, 2015 1:21 PM

Aug 2014
Some birthday illustrations of Kaneki from Ishida's twitter :D

Better quality of "Joker" card Kaneki
Dec 20, 2015 1:50 PM
Oct 2012
SleighBells said:
Acernos said:

No problem.

my guess, Eto said the form of a kagune depends on the User's imagination ability, can come of this case.
Dec 20, 2015 2:02 PM

Mar 2012
Nice call whoever said Shirazu is gonna be taken by Aogiri Tree for experiments.

Looks like Kaneki became a colder Arima.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Dec 20, 2015 3:04 PM

Jul 2014
Welp, so Shu is alive and free, his papa alive and free, Eto alive, free and washing, Shirazu will most likely go un-dead soon (the face during the doctor's speech looked very much like his). So much for all the tension. The mole in CCG is undiscovered too, and we still don't know how he manages to pass the scans.

I am torn whether I'll continue to read it as ongoing ot back off until something happens (or Amon reappears), cause currently I am not particularly satisfied with the developments.

Also I have no idea, why everyone is so keen on saving Shu. Apart from his family, I mean.
deadoptimistDec 20, 2015 3:08 PM
Dec 20, 2015 4:18 PM

Sep 2013
Antearion said:
Wait!? Is Ken still working with CCG? Or am I confused and need to read this again?

Yeah don't worry, you've been paying attention, he's still part of the CCG.
Dec 20, 2015 5:06 PM
Jan 2015
Hawk_Knight said:
Arcanix said:

Dec 20, 2015 5:33 PM
Sep 2013
What a chapter the full color page was really nice.
Always good seeing Touka and Yomo.
Chie coming in for the save shes a real friend.
Kanou got me salty. Violating Shirazu corpse.
Kaneki coming in like a black out Arima.
Kaneki kagune has been influenced by Eto.
Wonder what Kaneki next move. Fandom has been all over the Kaneki mental state But There is no use he doing what needs to be done. He can't just jump out of CCG.
Dec 20, 2015 5:37 PM
Jun 2014
at least people can stop thinking his hair was EVER red at some point.
Love ~
Dec 20, 2015 7:08 PM
Dec 2015
PatchworkEden said:
at least people can stop thinking his hair was EVER red at some point.

No no. You've got it all wrong. Half his hair was green. The other half was red.
In short, he was a christmas tree. It was an early celebration on Ishida's part.
Dec 20, 2015 7:28 PM

Dec 2014
Notenoughedge.jpg
Dec 20, 2015 9:04 PM
Oct 2012
deadoptimist said:
Welp, so Shu is alive and free, his papa alive and free, Eto alive, free and washing, Shirazu will most likely go un-dead soon (the face during the doctor's speech looked very much like his). So much for all the tension. The mole in CCG is undiscovered too, and we still don't know how he manages to pass the scans.

I am torn whether I'll continue to read it as ongoing ot back off until something happens (or Amon reappears), cause currently I am not particularly satisfied with the developments.

Also I have no idea, why everyone is so keen on saving Shu. Apart from his family, I mean.

Kanou just said that he would apply the theory of how to make Qs with own techniques and would need new bodies, has never been mentioned in the chapter he plans to resurrect Shirazu.

why people are so obsessed with it?

Furthermore, in more than 200 chapters in this franchise, there has never been something like resuscitation, and please, I'll tell the thousandth, Amon and Takizawa have never been shown dead, what's different from Shirazu.
Dec 20, 2015 10:04 PM
Jun 2014
not getting the edge stuff at all...
Love ~
Dec 20, 2015 10:08 PM

Nov 2014
PatchworkEden said:

Me either
Dec 20, 2015 10:13 PM

Jan 2014
Acernos said:
deadoptimist said:

Kanou just said that he would apply the theory of how to make Qs with own techniques and would need new bodies, has never been mentioned in the chapter he plans to resurrect Shirazu.

why people are so obsessed with it?

Furthermore, in more than 200 chapters in this franchise, there has never been something like resuscitation, and please, I'll tell the thousandth, Amon and Takizawa have never been shown dead, what's different from Shirazu.

There was a biiiig difference between Seidou and Amon compared to Shirazu. We saw them get fatally wounded but not die. We see shirazu fatally wounded, lose his eyesight and hearing, stop breathing in uries arms then time passes by to when matsuri comes, shirazu still not moving, Kaneki comes in much later, shirazu still not moving, he's put in a fuckin truck for dead people, and lying motionless now on a surgery table. He's dea jim.
Dec 20, 2015 11:53 PM

Aug 2013
PatchworkEden said:

it's normal that you don't understand why kaneki is on edge now. we need more chapters to understand what is going on in his head. that's it.

or is he really on edge? he looks calm and composed.
Dec 21, 2015 1:05 AM

Dec 2015
Luciberi said:
PatchworkEden said:

it's normal that you don't understand why kaneki is on edge now. we need more chapters to understand what is going on in his head. that's it.

or is he really on edge? he looks calm and composed.

He "acts" calm in order to not be discovered by CCG.
I think the old Kaneki has came back but who knows what's going on his head, I hope there's not an "Internal Conflict" simply because we already have had enough of it, I just want the old Ken in action.

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 72 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2016

124 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 71 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2016

140 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 8:14 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

146 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

151 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 68 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mech4nic - Mar 12, 2016

129 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 7:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.