Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 22, 2014 7:23 PM

Jan 2009
I wish there was less silly drama (a little bit would be fine) but I still liked the visuals and the comedy and the art and the feel good parts so an 8
I'm just a big visual novel fan but have also watched quite a bit of anime and played a bunch of games. Avatar is Mashiro from Making*Lovers and Kotori from Rewrite.
Sep 22, 2014 7:50 PM
Jul 2012
Okay, I LOVE THIS FINALE! Its so sweet and fast-paced that it gives you no time to really think how cliche and stupid this seems. BUT WHO CARES! Its awesome and fun to watch! I honestly enjoy this series a whole lot. The story is nice, sweet and simple and pleasing to people who watch it. But, it does lack weaknesses. It doesn't really work too much on animating the dance and the plot often went stale between character arcs. Overall and 8/10 when I think about it critically, but right now I would give it at least a 9 or 10/10 for my happiness of the finale!
Sep 22, 2014 7:51 PM

Aug 2012
Very nice conclusion. I only wished I could've seen more of the dance though. Nevertheless, this episode was full of feels ( I had to hold my tears in ). Good show.
Sep 22, 2014 8:02 PM

Aug 2013
You know what I don't even care that I didn't get to see a full version of them dancing because my vision was already blurry...
I knew Hana was coming and she'll be able to dance with the girls but damn it, it still touched my heart and the sight of them dancing on stage was so beautiful T___T

And that OP...that song...this season had a lot of awesome opening songs but this one just really stuck to me.

Anyone else thought of the cop looked like the wandering beach guy from Ping Pong? I'd like to think that was him XD! Also, the real winner of this season was no doubt Aniki Sea Monk.

8/10.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 22, 2014 8:23 PM
Jul 2018
My only downside is that they didn't sing any other songs, but thats not such a big bummer...

Solid 10/10 from me, I loved everything about this show.. (Ps. Yaya Best Girl)
Sep 22, 2014 8:35 PM

Apr 2009
superange said:
I wish there was less silly drama (a little bit would be fine) but I still liked the visuals and the comedy and the art and the feel good parts so an 8
yep. kinda felt that there's too much of it that i couldn't enjoy this show as much as i wanted to.

and for how much they focus on yosakoi, i didn't end up seeing much of it because they always get distracted by their personal problems. the disjoint of yosakoi with the characters ultimately just made it a plot device and it could've been any other club activity for all i care.
Sep 22, 2014 8:41 PM

Sep 2014
The second I started the episode, I knew I had to take it. It screams background image.
Sep 22, 2014 9:25 PM

Mar 2014
OH NO!!! My Anime of the mondays is gone :C TwT

was very good the series, in 12 episodes they wre able to delevop the yosakoi
club members very well, the fact that they were building the OP was cool, and
talking about the OP, IT WAS SOO GOOD! really wanting to sing & dance with
it! The ending was very good, even if the productors was short in time, in fact
all the problems are solved at time!

I enjoy it so much the serie in general, so gonna give it a good 9/10 as score
Sep 22, 2014 9:29 PM

May 2014
That moment when you finish a anime and have smile in the face *u*

I'm going with 9/10
Sep 22, 2014 9:38 PM

Jun 2014
What a great ending to the show! I am so happy that Hana made it in time to dance with them! Their dance was amazing and they wow'd the crowd even though there were only 5 members in their group!

9/10 overall score from me!

My Monday animes are over and it was a very emotional day with the endings. Really hope that this one gets another season some day!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Sep 22, 2014 10:06 PM

Nov 2012
Well that was an alright ending. I'm guessing that there may be another season as Machi may have hinted. At the very least, a future OVA or special episodes.
Sep 22, 2014 11:07 PM

Jun 2013
This episode made up for the past couple of episodes, the dancing was beautiful, definitely the best part. I'll be honest, I didnt want Hana to come back at first because I didnt want to hear her annoying voice, but I am glad that she did because that made it way better than I expected.

This episode def bumped the score up a bit, 7/10 :D
Sep 22, 2014 11:14 PM

Dec 2010
Well that was a pretty perfect ending! Like others have said I'd love a second season, but this wrapped up quite nicely.

Overall, I adored this show. It has beautiful animation, and some very nice character designs. The plot isn't always the most original, but the series pulls it off with aplomb, which is very impressive considering some tropes are as old as dirt.

I give the series a 9/10, I'm definitely going to miss it. Who knew I could get so emotional over dancing middle schoolers?
Sep 22, 2014 11:41 PM

Mar 2012
Pretty good anime, amazing ending =D
9/10 for me.
Sep 22, 2014 11:52 PM

Feb 2012
Ending was good, the dance was well animated. I only wish they had more dancing, not just practices. I guess they only had a budget for one full dance.
Decent, nothing amazing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2014 11:57 PM

Feb 2014
I really enjoyed this anime, it was quite cute. 8/10
Sep 23, 2014 12:05 AM

Jul 2012
There was a good build up to this performance but I would've like to see a couple more throughout.

Finally seeing them dancing at the festival was nice though. I especially liked Hana's entrance.
Sep 23, 2014 12:09 AM

May 2013
This episode is simple amazing. Oh my gosh, I caaaan't

8/10. One of underrated anime this season (mainly because of the score). I wish that they showed the whole yosakoi dance despite Hana catching up in the stage. I don't mind for a second season :D
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 23, 2014 12:16 AM

Sep 2014
Was nervous the entire way through. Thought she wouldn't make it the entire time. The leadup to the performance was epic. I smiled and fist pumped the entire time. My wife caught me and gave me the "your a dumbass look".

All in all, 9/10.
Sep 23, 2014 12:51 AM

Nov 2013
This had been a really pleasant and cute series! I would definitely watch the second season if it comes out. Though the drama at times aren't needed, it's still great overall.

8/10 <3
Sep 23, 2014 12:58 AM

Mar 2014
Yeah Hana is back !!!

10/10
Sep 23, 2014 2:37 AM

Nov 2012
damn, the finale is good :D
If only the rest of the show was this good. Still, overall pleasant show despite its flaws. I do enjoy it a lot.
7/10
Sep 23, 2014 4:05 AM

Jan 2008
Tears of tension and accomplishment run down my tears and 8/10 it is for Hanayamata. I remember when I lashed out on Naru after first episode's premiered. How she grew up... Easily one of more charming characters. She's still not one of my favourites, but certainly has that little something going on about her. And her dad is just precious, I'm a sucker for cute family relations ^^

I'm conflicted as I'd like to give it 7/10, because I keep comparing it to Gochuumon and KinMoza, but then again Hanayamata has plot and the other do not. So let's divide them that way and let it have that 8. Graphics, music, laid back plot and that light atmosphere certainly earned it. Last but ot least - very fun and charming characters. OVA or second season? Count me in!
Sep 23, 2014 4:30 AM

May 2013
Of course she would return. Just in time for that main yosakoi dance. Hanayamata wouldn't be complete without Hana in it after all. I won't expect a second season, but that won't be bad at all. A solid 7/10. This was good.
Sep 23, 2014 5:15 AM

Apr 2013
I have to say, I was a little hesitant with the whole series but I really like it overall now! Of course Hana came rushing back! :D As it was said, the group wouldn't be complete without the little American/Japanese girl~ I would give it a 8/10

And who else is just dying to learn that yosakoi dance?! :D
You may think that I'm crazy, but my reality is just different from yours.
Sep 23, 2014 5:37 AM

Apr 2011
What a fantastic episode, so full of energy and was great to watch hana come back just in time to make it for the performance. 8/10 for me.
Sep 23, 2014 5:49 AM

Jul 2013
Wooot such a fantastic last episode!! Very well directed and I teared up when Hana ran to the stage in the middle. I expected her to come back but didn't expect her to make that kind of entrance.

Hana's dad was so cute ^o^ panicking and then blushing like that. Umibozu must be thinking something perverted when Sally-chan sensei was riding on his back XD

Such a great series, it started of slow but quickly becoming one of my favorites this season. Easily the top 3 even. The drama might be cliche and a bit too much for some people but for me it's what sets it apart from other moe/cute-girls-doing-cute things anime. It's not often (if ever) we get this kind of anime with such character depth. I think the last time I watch something like this was A-Channel. The visuals are glorious throughout, such vibrant colors without overdoing it. I'm also addicted to the OP song and can't stop watching the PV (well their VA's are all very beautiful ♥)

I wish they showed more of the dance but I can understand why they need to cut to multiple flashback and other people to make it more profound. After all it's the growth of these girls that made this series great with yosakoi being the vehicle for that.

8/10. I wish I could give another 0.5 but MAL doesn't allow that. 2nd season please! After all we still have the cultural festival right, Machi?
MoeGodSep 23, 2014 5:53 AM
Sep 23, 2014 6:42 AM

Nov 2010
Panku said:

So even though it had loads of cliches and crazy things that would never happen in real life, it was heartwarming and even emotional at times.

Exactly what I wanted to say about the series as a whole, and about this episode in particular (flights to and from the US and Japan aren't really something you can do on a whim, but who cares?!).

I was pleasantly surprised (rather than disappointed like some) by the amount of drama. Naru's character development was really neat, and needless to say, I felt all warm and fuzzy inside when I saw those flashbacks of the times when she helped out the other Yosakoi Club members. It all tied together nicely.

For the umpteenth time, that OP. So catchy. I'm going to have to find the Team Hanayamata version of that ED too.

I laughed. I cried. I enjoyed this more than I thought I would and maybe more than I should have. 7/10.
Sep 23, 2014 6:46 AM

Aug 2014
To be honest, I had my doubts about this anime at first, I thought this was just some cliche anime. I watched this anime because there weren't any other anime I was interested in, and thank god that that's a good thing, because I got to see this masterpiece.

When I watched the first episode, I really like it, but episode after episode, I had my doubts, I'm afraid that it'll somehow turns into a cliche anime, even for this last episode, I still had my doubts, but episode after episode, it never fails to amuse me.

It may seem cliche, or at least to me, and I'd always predict that it's gonna be this way, gonna be this cliche scene, but I stand corrected, every time. And even if there are some cliche scenes, they always get away with it. I know I said I would be disappointed if Hana returns in this episode, but as I said, I was stand corrected, again.

10/10 I know this score may seem a bit childish, but this is the best anime I've ever seen compared to most Hobby-themed anime.

Time to go buy the game, and the limited edition at that :D

Oh and one more thing, damn Hana is really rich. Flying from Japan to US and back to Japan the next day like it was nothing. It's possible, complicated for us normal people, but it's easy for the rich people. I'm jealous Hana :(
fubuki211Nov 20, 2014 9:54 AM
Sep 23, 2014 7:24 AM

Jul 2009
Cute anime, it was nice to see the five of them dancing together! And it was cool when Yaya's old band members went to see her. 7/10

I believe it will have a 2nd season in the future...
Sep 23, 2014 7:39 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
FireKiller87 said:
chibuki said:
OMG WHEN CAN I LISTEN TO THE FULL VERSION OF ENDING SONG <3333333

The ending, Hanayuki, is already out in full. CD available for purchase. Enjoy it.

wrong
Hanayuki by Team Hanayamata isn't on the CD.
so far only three CDs have been released for the series.
Please also keep in mind each CD only has 4 songs, one main song, one extra song, and instrumentals for both.
The first CD is for the OP Hana wa Odore ya Irohaniho which also included the extra song "DREAM JUMP!!"
both by Team Hanayamata.

The second CD is for the ED "Hana Yuki" which also included the extra song "Karen no Susume"
both by smiley Inc.

THe third CD is for the Insert Song "Kodoku Signal" (the song that Yaya's band played) as well as the song "THUNDER, RAIN, Namida no Yukue".
both by Yaya's band.
There is no official release for the ED by Team Hanayamata yet and they will probably release it with the BD release.
(Probably Vol 6. BD release, which is in like... 2-3 months?)

about the episode now
Glad to see Hana make it to the performance, and the performance looked great! Loved the outfits, loved the ED, can't wait to get the BD for this.

I love this series, and this episode made me tear up for unexplained reasons. Hands down my favorite series of this season mainly because of bias. Relating to all the characters in some way that brings up some deep thoughts from me. All the cute things and the humor were great, but the relation to the characters were the best part.
10/10
Sep 23, 2014 7:41 AM

May 2007
FireKiller87 said:
chibuki said:
OMG WHEN CAN I LISTEN TO THE FULL VERSION OF ENDING SONG <3333333

The ending, Hanayuki, is already out in full. CD available for purchase. Enjoy it.

Sorry I meant this episode's version, which have all the girls doing the vocals. I love the song and it was a surprising treat to hear at right at the end.
Sep 23, 2014 8:07 AM

Apr 2013
TAMAYA!
Wish there were more of them dancing. It felt like there so many reuse scenes from the OP.
Hana made it back so fast. Did she ride a private jet?
Sep 23, 2014 8:43 AM

Apr 2012
This episode was beautiful ^_^
Sep 23, 2014 10:00 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i almost died of Kawaii overdose watching this anime
Sep 23, 2014 12:20 PM

Mar 2014
Zelot said:
FireKiller87 said:

wrong
Hanayuki by Team Hanayamata isn't on the CD.
so far only three CDs have been released for the series.
Please also keep in mind each CD only has 4 songs, one main song, one extra song, and instrumentals for both.
The first CD is for the OP Hana wa Odore ya Irohaniho which also included the extra song "DREAM JUMP!!"
both by Team Hanayamata.

The second CD is for the ED "Hana Yuki" which also included the extra song "Karen no Susume"
both by smiley Inc.

THe third CD is for the Insert Song "Kodoku Signal" (the song that Yaya's band played) as well as the song "THUNDER, RAIN, Namida no Yukue".
both by Yaya's band.
There is no official release for the ED by Team Hanayamata yet and they will probably release it with the BD release.
(Probably Vol 6. BD release, which is in like... 2-3 months?)

I thought that guy meant the smiley Inc. version since he/she didn't specify, which is the one I've been listening to in full. I didn't know Team Hanayamata had their own version, and I will be be pleased to listen to that one as well. Either way, I like it.
Anyway...yeah, moe with some depth. xD
Sep 23, 2014 3:28 PM

Jun 2013
Was a bit too melodramatic at times, especially when it came to Naru constantly moping about. Also those character designs will never grow on me.

Other than that it was very pretty, cute and gave us a satisfying ending. A low 7/10 for me. Oh yeah, and the music was great.
Sep 23, 2014 6:39 PM

Dec 2012
Woah Hana-chan returned?!?! I did not see that coming at all, that was such an unexpected turn of events!

Mini rant aside, I didn't mind her return although it made the whole leaving Japan drama feel redundant and unnecessary. With that said though their performance was lovely and I think dazzling is the spot on way to describe it. I especially loved the start when they opened their hands like a flower blooming in sync with the firework explosion.

Although drama wasn't this show's strong suit and could have done without it, I thoroughly enjoyed the characters and especially liked seeing Naru grow into a dependable leader. Hana ignited her fairy tale but it was Naru who worked hard to shine through. It was fitting to represent each of the girls with a flower, especially Naru and how she bloomed with yosakoi.

7/10, Madhouse moe all the way!
Sep 23, 2014 8:09 PM

Apr 2012
the entire episode is Nice and Cute
What the hell, we can't see Naru's mom and Tami's dad face lol
Yeah Hana is back, it transforms to Hanayamata again :D

Nice Performance Hanayamata team :D
hope there is second season
8/10

Sep 23, 2014 10:52 PM

Feb 2014
There are some anime you drop and there are some that are really close to it, this one got really close a couple of times for me but I'm so glad I saw it through. The ending was expected, but so right, omg.
に触
祟ら
りぬ
な神

Sep 24, 2014 1:51 AM

Mar 2012
The ending is so beautiful.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Sep 24, 2014 5:35 AM
Apr 2014
how much better it would be if she didnt come back, but it was obvious she will
That's how I see like more than half of the MAL users with their "waifus", hentais, harems, weird-ass video games and all that shit
Sep 24, 2014 6:20 AM

Jan 2014
Despite it being predictable, i still found it intense while Hana was racing against time to perform with the others. I somewhat do want another season to see them develop into professional dancers but it seem like there wouldnt be much left for story plot. Ending didn't help that they would register for the culture festival, made me want more

Otherwise it was a fun and heartwarming series and am glad to stick by this to the end. The OP and ED were both great, catchy and soothing to my ears

Sep 24, 2014 6:26 AM
May 2013
Zelot said:

which is in like... 2-3 months?

Fug.

Second season unlikely, Madhouse owes me like 10 second seasons.
Sep 24, 2014 6:48 AM

Jun 2013
sayonara yuihama yosakai club, hope you get season 2

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6P-oyfk2vRaalBFMVI2VjBlX28/edit
Sep 24, 2014 9:18 AM

Jul 2010
Hana's running time with all her power was the best part of the show. That makes everthing excited. Their dance was shinning beautifully ^^
Beautiful ending. 8/10 because of the ending.
Sep 24, 2014 1:57 PM

Apr 2013
Such a cute show, you always need one lighthearted show like this each season. It had its flaws and clichés, but all in all it was a good watch. Wouldn't mind a second season, but I think it's better left off like this!

And damn, that catchy OP.
Sep 25, 2014 3:05 PM

Jun 2008
I'm glad I picked this show up again after not liking the first episode. It really cheered me up after a bad day.

6/10
Sep 25, 2014 5:58 PM
Jul 2018
Seriously, Madhouse?

Sep 25, 2014 6:19 PM

Feb 2012
Loved this show and sad to see it end. Very heartwarming and overall just enjoyable to watch. For me, having a cast that I like is usually what makes or breaks a show. This show definitely delivered on that front!
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanayamata Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2014

77 by Baby_Penewine »»
Aug 18, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Hanayamata Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2014

64 by Baby_Penewine »»
Aug 18, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Hanayamata Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2014

69 by Baby_Penewine »»
Aug 18, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Hanayamata Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2014

61 by Baby_Penewine »»
Aug 18, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Hanayamata Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2014

81 by Baby_Penewine »»
Aug 18, 12:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.