Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 6, 2014 3:43 AM

Jan 2014
Umi dah~! :D

Aww Rin-chan, you really are cute.
So cute that not only Hanayo-chin, but also I want to hug you so tightly :3
That bullying, though :/

On a bright note, I got to see the five of the Muse in suits.
My day just made~
May 6, 2014 9:20 AM

Feb 2014
Cedronia said:

Nozomi episode when?

This! We need to deeply know Nozomi more.
May 6, 2014 11:16 AM
May 2014
the most thing i like in love live!! their music!! IT'S HEAVEN!!

and i can hear the rin x kayo-chan fanfics screaming

I CAN HEAR THEM!!!
May 7, 2014 12:28 AM

Sep 2013
This episode was great Rin had some great character development this episode, she was alwas the funnest girl, but now I know she is one of the cutest too ;)

Now I want a Nozomi episode, she has always been a mystery. Also a Hanayo episode would be nice.

I spotted Jack (Nightmare Before Christmas) in the pv :D
May 7, 2014 5:18 AM

Aug 2008
Nozomi ep would be absolute fire.
May 7, 2014 10:23 AM

Dec 2012
LittleStar said:
Honoka this time you couldn't stop the rain xD

True, but she got to perform a divine act that is probably more appropriate at this stage on her path to godhood: offering sage advice to her disciple Hanayo.

OrangeRafi said:
Cedronia said:

Nozomi episode when?

This! We need to deeply know Nozomi more.

Aggron said:

Now I want a Nozomi episode, she has always been a mystery. Also a Hanayo episode would be nice.

I actually feel like, in contrast to Rin, Nozomi's character has received a reasonable amount of depth even though no episode has focused primarily on her. She's a little bit like Nico in my opinion. From the beginning she's been a bit of a jokester or comic relief character with her constant harassing of the girls, similar to how Nico's bitchiness has always been a part of her character and has always seemed intended more as a source of comedy than drama.

At the same time, Nozomi has always played sort of a 'shepherd' role - even before she joined muse she offered advice to Honoka and co., and to Eli, and she's continued to do so after joining. It's similar to how Nico is in some ways more persistent about being an idol that Honoka. Nico has been the one to hold the group together even when most of the members gave up at the end of S1 as well as the one to try so hard to get Honoka to go for the love live at the beginning of this season.

Back on track, Nozomi also has continually been hinted to be a person of diverse and maybe somewhat esoteric interests. I mean, she likes tarot cards, and she apparently has been to Antarctica. How many high schoolers have been to Antarctica? I'd like an episode focused on her, because I'd like to know more about her, but I don't think she really needs it. I don't really think Hanayo needs it either - she already got one, back in season one when Honoka and co. recruited her, and it was referenced in this most recent episode with her actions towards Rin.
May 7, 2014 1:09 PM

Aug 2008
Completely agree. I wouldn't mind a non-development ep with Nozomi. I wanna know what she does other than fostering u's and doing shrine maiden shit. lol
May 7, 2014 9:04 PM

Jan 2013
Another character episode.
Nice I suppose
May 10, 2014 8:58 AM

Dec 2013
nozomi must have some secrets, love to them exposed
May 15, 2014 5:40 PM

Feb 2013
Maki... hair over shoulder... win!

So they build up for a fashion-show concert the entire episode...

I'm laughing with disappointment right now. WTF?! They cut away from the performance and just played an insert song with pointless vacation pictures. What garbage... they could have redeemed an otherwise "blah" episode... I need to stop expecting so much from Love Live, this isn't AKB0048 after all.
May 16, 2014 4:32 PM

Dec 2010
Dayum, Maki looked handsome with that suit, 10/10 husbando.

And Rin is luv.
May 17, 2014 4:18 AM

May 2014
Yay! Rin finally had some spotlight :3

Oh wait... what's this?
*sees Maki-chan*
*heavy breathing*
I am currently breathing passionately on you trachea.
May 19, 2014 12:25 AM

Aug 2013
"Umi da!"
Umi: "You shouldn't keep calling out a person's name!"

I had to laugh haha. Also, Maki in a suit O__O Can't help but think of im@s Makoto <3 Ahh now I can't choose >__<
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 21, 2014 1:17 PM

Oct 2011
This solidified the reason Rin is my favorite character. She feels the most "real and genuine" of the group and can relate to her struggles. And omgosh she was SO cute in that dress!!! X3
May 26, 2014 8:33 AM

Jul 2013
Rin-chan is soo cute in this episode!! Love how this series is starting to develop each of the characters.
Jun 13, 2014 10:41 PM

Nov 2012
Looks like Umi can't keep a poker face for sure.
Jun 18, 2014 5:12 AM

Oct 2012
Umi dahh!!
Umi's expressions... That why Umi can't win
I need Umi expressions for my new avatar, profile pic, etc.. etc xD
This xD

Rin is cute
Cute is Rin
Iku nyaaa~

What makes a girl more girly... A skirt!!!
No skirt no life!! xD
Rayl1ghtJun 18, 2014 5:48 AM
"Signature removed"
Jul 18, 2014 5:38 AM

Aug 2008
Hanayo and Rin are seriously the cutest. But lol that dress in that fashion show was horrible.....

I laughed when Umi couldn't pull off a poker face lol. Super cute.
Jul 22, 2014 3:35 PM

Aug 2011
Holy moly never thought Rin could be this cute *_*
Sep 10, 2014 4:55 PM

Oct 2012
I dunno. It felt like it was kinda forced on her. I really hope they won't use this chara-ep rotation so predictably until the end but at the same time I like how they are fleshing out those undeveloped characters.
Still, it was enjoayble episode and I liked her look in wedding dress and how she wore skirt in the end.
Oct 13, 2014 5:15 PM
Mar 2014
Rin needed development, she was generic as hell

why was dar no nico bikini
Oct 17, 2014 3:18 PM
Jul 2018
Rin-chan best girl! :3
Oct 20, 2014 1:24 AM

Sep 2013
I guess they were trying to cover the patches. I seriously believe that Rin and Hanayo have absolutely no purpose in this anime. I guess it is a good thing that they gave them some attention, but is was very forced- They didn't actually have a reason to give Rin temporary leadership (other than JUST CAUSE), so I originally thought it was a secret plan to balance their traits out.
Oct 31, 2014 7:30 AM

Jan 2013
Nice episode, Rin deserved some screen time, and she made a good leader, since she's the type to go with the flow and hear everyone else, she just needed to have a little more of confidence, and she did, she was cute on that dress.
Dec 16, 2014 6:41 PM

Feb 2013
I'm Rather glad they Did this as ever since S1 i always felt like Rin and Hanayo were just kinda out of place as they kinda joined in the heat of the moment (mind you this episode Focuses more on Rin but still)

Ok so i could got into a rant into how a girl who has short hair Doesn't mean they look like a guy... (how anyone could think Rin looks like a boy is beyond me)

Overall it was Nice, REALLY happy that they actually did a song For her at the end!
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Jan 10, 2015 8:15 AM

Oct 2011
So great to see a Rin-centric episode! I'm so glad this season is focusing more on the other members.
Feb 19, 2015 2:21 AM
Sep 2013
Rin is really the cutest u's member!
May 12, 2015 9:18 PM
Jul 2013
rin is honoka's successor

rin should always be in honoka's right when honoka is in the center, nico on left
May 23, 2015 5:45 AM

Jul 2013
opondica said:
I'm glad Rin finally got an episode that focused on her. She was the least interesting cast member, but only because the show had yet to giver her much attention.

Yes, exactly how I felt! I liked Rin a lot more by the end of this episode and it was nice to see some more layers added onto her character. Watching her become more comfortable with herself and who she wants to be put a smile on my face.

She looked so cute in that dress too. *o*
Jul 19, 2015 7:37 PM

May 2014
Character development, ahoy! Really liked this episode, glad to see some of the lesser-screentime characters getting special attention! It's all contributing to making the group a lot closer with each other!
Aug 9, 2015 6:32 PM
Jan 2010
Favorite episode in new season so far, i really love how much they care for each other, they really know how to describe friendship in this anime.
Aug 19, 2015 3:21 AM
Jul 2018
I thought Rin was pretty irrelevant and forgettable but this episode made me like her slightly more
Sep 3, 2015 9:13 AM

Sep 2008
Maki and Eri look cool in a suit.

I don't like how episodic this 2nd season is becoming. They really need to get back to the plot. Developing characters is fine and all but using random mini-story episodes to do it is not a good method.
Oct 19, 2015 2:11 AM

Jan 2015
A little while before the 11th minute starts, the music in the background becomes very Zelda-esque. Such a good episode, nice character development! Rin is so cute!
Jan 9, 2016 8:13 AM

May 2010
Rin was adorable this episode. Love how self-aware she is. She rose quite a bit in my ranking after this.
Feb 7, 2016 4:23 PM
Dec 2012
No matter how you look at it, I think that Rin is suitable as a substitute-leader than any other remaining girls. Even you think that Rin is not the most feminine member of the group, she's at least in the top 3. Umi's face just gives out the answer when playing the card game.
Mar 22, 2016 1:01 AM

Jun 2009
Thinks short hair makes a girl look boyish. Makes Hanayo wear the dress instead.

(I think she's plenty cute, especially in the end there)
Jun 7, 2016 4:29 PM
Feb 2016
This episode proves my fan-theory hat Nico is actually a ghost/demon girl trapped in the body of a school idol, and she's trying to cope with not being in the afterlife but she doesn't know how and as a result she sucked at being a leader but then she understood perfectly and know only acts like a demon/ghost when she wants to mess with people or when she acts like a serial killer. This is why Nico scares me.
Jun 15, 2016 12:20 AM

Aug 2012
-Kinda surprised (and kinda relieved) that the beach stuff teased in episode 4's next episode preview lasted for like a whole minute
-So it's a Rin episode. I didn't like her recruitment story very much since I still don't know why she chose the idol group over some sports team, but her singing voice is my second favorite.
-Kinda a role reversal from Hanayo's recruitment, with Hanayo and Maki being the motivators this time during the walk home. References to stuff from the previous season is always nice.
-Honoka once again proving she's why she's the leader of the group by giving the other group members (the first years especially) a chance to act for themselves and grow in the process or something.
-I thought the dressing room scene was very well done, mostly because I love the "you helped me now I help you" thing. I doubly loved it because they alluded to the moment Hanayo joined without overexplaining it, and they demonstrated that what Hanayo was doing by making Rin the center was basically the same thing that Rin did by encouraging Hanayo to join μ's. [Although I have no idea how the other members got changed into suits so quickly]
-Rin did look pretty cute in that dress
Jul 5, 2016 5:07 PM
Jul 2018
This season tho... it just exceeded my expectations o.O This is getting better by episode.
Jul 8, 2016 2:25 PM

Apr 2007
What a great episode. I completely understand how Rin feels. I'm not comfortable in dresses/skits either, sort of for the same reason too (although I was never made fun of for wearing them). It was great seeing her wear a dressier practice outfit at the end. I hope it will stick around :>
Jul 12, 2016 8:37 AM

Sep 2009
This was definitely enjoyable and needed for an undeveloped character who didn't feel relevant at all during season 1, but I felt that it was forced so this didn't sit that well with me as much as I'd hoped. Rin's cute af in that dress.

It was sunny outside IRL and then during one of the scenes with the second years, I noticed lightning, looked outside and lo and behold it was raining kind of heavily. It stopped as I finished the episode. Honoka's God powers are leaking...
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Nov 9, 2016 5:32 AM

Nov 2011
A bit too hasty the episode, as in the previous one, but at least it addresses the problem that links the persoanggio the past. However, although funny, cute and with a vein of melancholy, rest a bit disappointed for the hastiness put in to close the matter. Drawings and animations, very good. Rin is a character that deserves to be developed much better.
Feb 8, 2017 12:17 PM

Sep 2014
Cute Rin episode. I'm glad we could see some character development. Rin finally faced her insecurities and looks much happier now.

Another important scene was the origin of Umi's poker face meme. I liked it!

Apr 15, 2017 7:23 PM

Apr 2015
UMI DAH~!

Rin episode! I'm glad they focused on her this time since she didn't get that much character development last season. It seems that Honoka lost her powers.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
May 31, 2017 5:48 PM
Jul 2016
Umi and Kotori in bikini is something else in this series. So happy for Rin to come out of her boyish shell. The group are so incredibly good at supporting eachother the right ways, she´s a doll in that dress and I really like her new self. Good for her!

So halloween episode next I´ve read... This could mean kawaii overload.
Sep 26, 2017 5:35 PM

Aug 2013

Good episode with character development for Rin.

Dec 28, 2017 9:58 AM

Sep 2013
Rin overcomes her feminine insecurity and wears a dress for the fashion show live :'(
The 2nd year's trip delayed but they have a bit off fun at the end.
Jan 4, 2018 12:12 PM

Sep 2012
Rin's expressions when they showed her the tress was gold lol

Umi: why am i always loosing
ME: cause of ur facial expressions (cause ur open book) lol
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2014

192 by AnotherWeeb_ »»
Yesterday, 2:54 AM

» What's your favorite song of μ's?

RitzueX - Sep 16

16 by DeTrixter »»
Sep 23, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2014

138 by MeatyHobbertson »»
Sep 1, 9:19 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2014

114 by _untitled »»
Aug 5, 1:28 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2014

144 by _untitled »»
Aug 5, 1:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.