Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Apr 26, 2019 1:51 AM
Oct 2018
Not gonna lie, I thought Itsuki got him since she held his hand.
But I'm still sure that its gonna be Miku.
May 1, 2019 1:02 PM

Jan 2012
Well the winter school trip ended with each of them holding hands, preserving the mystery of who Futaro will marry for another potential season. Personally my money is on Itsuki. She just seems like she's the closest to being the MC so to speak of the 5 girls. Overall I thought this series was pretty good. The largest criticism I saw in the discussion threads around here was the art/animation. To be sure there was more than a few awkwardly drawn angles, but honestly it didn't bother me nearly as much as it seemed to others. I was more or less fine with how this series looked. It's funny, I had started reading the source manga for this series waaaaay back in its infancy, when only a couple chapters were out if that. But over time I honestly got tired of it, to the point that I'm actually now roughly 25 chapters behind where the manga is currently. Now I'm not sure watching this, which didn't reach the point where I stopped reading btw, is gonna spur me on to continue reading....but it might. I guess with a series like this ranking the girls and the order in which I'd choose them is important. Physically they're all knockouts with stellar bodies and big, beautiful tits. You can't really go wrong physically. Personality wise I'm fine with any of them but Nino. I still remember how angry her drugging Futaro at the beginning made me in the manga and haven't forgiven her. Imagine had the genders been reversed and that still happened. It was awful, likely irredeemably so. So who were my favorites personality wise? Probably Miku then Ichika. I'm a history guy and her softer style of talking makes Miku the most appealing. I love Ichika's hairstyle, and voice actress so they're definitely top 2. Next 2 are more of a tossup for me. Yotsuba is nice but I definitely think she'd be tiring after awhile. And while not as bad as Nino Itsuki's tsun personality isn't too endearing a lot of the time. Lastly I'll just say I'll give this a solid 7 and would watch more if it was animated.
May 22, 2019 1:25 AM

Sep 2011
Bride has the exact same hair color as Miku, so I'm just going to assume its her.
May 23, 2019 2:57 AM

Nov 2014
Nice finale, with great screen time for all of the quintuplets and special screentime with Itsuki as the 1st girl that fuutarou met. that flashback wedding scene tho :3...

This adaptation has great OP and nice ED too, I really loved Romcom genre but spesifically that have canon pair ( mostly my pairing/ship is the canon one). tbh i'm not really into "harem" ones but i think i'll make this one an exception. after watching til this finale i can't even decide which one that i'll root for/ ship for.

The way the author give each quintuplets character development is awesome, it's really hard to me to choose which pair that i liked the most. aside that i also feel one of my fav romcom "nisekoi" vibes in this. but not exactly same, i meant with somehow uniqueness added to the vibes( quite hard to explain XD).

Like Nisekoi, i felt same great feeling of curiousity about who'll end up with the MC. Well the manga is still ongoing and just recently got award ("Congrats for Haruba-sensei") moreover, they also will adapt the sequel. I Hope this one'll not end up like Nisekoi adaptation as for now (didn't got fully adapted til the end, since manga had already ended).

Well, whatever.., i think i just read some chapters for now, i really anticipate the sequel can't wait to see it. definitely 10/10 for me.

May 24, 2019 7:32 PM

Jul 2007
In many ways, this show isn't anything special. There have been many harems over the years, I've certainly seen quite a few. The main character is alright but pretty insensitive at times. However, all the girls on the cast are very likable and each of them (at this time) have as much of a shot as the others. The MC is obviously growing and will likely be more likable with time. While the plot isn't exactly deep, the author still manages to keep things interesting. I think the author had a good balance of character building, ecchi scenes, and a tinge of romance.. in particular for a harem!

I didn't expect much going into this. These days I generally shy away from romances with a love triangle or more because I just hate the drama and much prefer the sweet moments. Only time will tell if this show gets overblown with drama but I really liked this season and am curious to see where the second season will go now that more of the girls are opening up. Plus the whole studying thing can only be pushed for so long..can't it?

It's possible I rated this higher due to not seeing a harem in some time but for now my score is 9/10 (I'd easily watch it again right-now if time was of no consequence)
May 26, 2019 7:21 AM

Oct 2013
You can tell that the bride is actually Itsuki from the hair color, man i'm wishing it was Miku the whole time. Futaro ended up with the least character development in the series, i'm feeling the chemistry between Futaro and MIku they should be together instead, i'm so mad.

In the end they never revealed who was the girl in the picture, and i doubt there'll be 2nd season, that's too bad

Overall score 6/10, everthing is a bit rushed now onto the manga i guess, hoping Miku is the bride.
Jun 2, 2019 5:23 AM
Jan 2018
ToshiroChan said:
You can tell that the bride is actually Itsuki from the hair color, man i'm wishing it was Miku the whole time. Futaro ended up with the least character development in the series, i'm feeling the chemistry between Futaro and MIku they should be together instead, i'm so mad.

In the end they never revealed who was the girl in the picture, and i doubt there'll be 2nd season, that's too bad

Overall score 6/10, everthing is a bit rushed now onto the manga i guess, hoping Miku is the bride.
ToshiroChan said:

It is getting a 2nd season but it will take more then that to reveal the bride and that scenes your referring to is a red Herring
Mattinator95Jun 2, 2019 5:27 AM
Jun 10, 2019 3:24 AM

Jan 2018
Overall a good series, I'll definitely watch season 2 when it comes out.
Jun 15, 2019 5:25 AM
Jun 2019
his marriage ?? it was clearly that he was dreaming idk why people didnt get it yet :v

it was clearly that the serie will keep going under the mission of choosing whos the fuutarou girl and they already announced 2nd season and because the manga is going on that make no sense that futaru has married so again it was just a dream -_-
Jun 21, 2019 9:42 AM
Jan 2018
Samy_DArker20 said:
his marriage ?? it was clearly that he was dreaming idk why people didnt get it yet :v

it was clearly that the serie will keep going under the mission of choosing whos the fuutarou girl and they already announced 2nd season and because the manga is going on that make no sense that futaru has married so again it was just a dream -_-

its a flash forward he wasn't dreaming
Jun 29, 2019 12:24 AM
Jan 2011
Samy_DArker20 said:

You have it backwards. The wedding is the present and he was dreaming about how they met and became a couple.
Jun 30, 2019 3:46 PM
Jun 2019
Mattinator95 said:
Samy_DArker20 said:

its a flash forward he wasn't dreaming

is there any problem with dreaming about flash wards srx .. hhhh xDD jk
Jul 4, 2019 4:16 PM
Aug 2018
I see too many "team miku" , but reassure me the team Itsuki is here ? (or Nino but pleeease not miku)
Jul 11, 2019 8:27 AM
Jul 2013
So... after finishing the first season I don't get what is really the point of this series.
While it is cute, it feels way too cliché. One of the girls are his "childhood friend". The studying part is just a gimmick as its barely used for anything past the first few episodes. The girls are obviously perfect in terms of look, come from a rich home, and are all "problematic". They are forced to study under someone from their own school at their own age, and suddenly all fall in love with him even though they are supposed to be different people and some of them didn't even like him at all to begin with. They honestly don't feel like real characters and more like writing tools to fulfill some kind of a fantasy for the creator. The fact they're a quintuplet and they're going to fight over someone who is only "nice" to them and fall in love with him due to some basic interactions show how badly written the story is. Oh and yeah, apparently they clearly won't kill each other for one of them winning and getting married to their private teacher during highschool, because a relationship always ends up in marriage... Would've made way more sense if only one of the sisters would've fallen for him and the rest would've had other roles, but apparently family rivals are the hot new thing in the harem genre huh... too bad, really.
Jul 20, 2019 7:41 AM
Jul 2019
I’m gonna flip out if it isn’t Miku I’m gonna be so damn pissed.
Aug 2, 2019 1:03 PM
Aug 2019
Why everyone supports Miku so much because she is nice lol.I watched all the episodes and I read main parts of the manga and I am amost 99 % it will be Nino, firstly I thought too it will be Itsuki, but Nino will win and now you will ask why.

First of all the creator of the manga gave 5 hints

Throughout the series, Negi Haruba provide various hints regarding the bride's identity:

The Bride is one of the Nakano Quintuplets.
The Bride has ear piercings in both of her ears.
The Bride held hands with Fuutarou Uesugi during the bonfire of School Camping Trip Arc.
The Bride is implied to have kissed Fuutarou under the bell tower at the end of Scrambled Eggs Arc.

Nino said that she will pierce her ears when she will be a bride
Futaro saw her first naked
Nino is the only one who saw the pic
Also Futaro saved Nino when she was falling down from the clif with the "lucky" brainclet which got from his sister
They hold it together :)
Also in the manga Nino was the first one who confessed
Kintaro and Futaro is the same person
She is the only who saw anything about his past

That is what I believe :)
Aug 14, 2019 8:12 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
That concludes S1 I guess.
Time to read the manga, will be going from the very first chapter.

Had alot more fun with this than what I first though since you can just read the sypnosis and categorize this as another dumb generic cliche romcom out (even though most are still decent entertainment).

Miku and Nino are my favorites, tbh I the one I fancy the less is Yotsuba so I HOPE that it isnt her there during the wedding.
Also I dont want to see the mangaka get pussy and do a, it was all just one girl theory, that would fucking annoy me out ALOT.

Cute ending.
8.2/10 = 8
Sep 8, 2019 6:26 PM

Jun 2016
As someone who avoids harem shows, I enjoyed it quite a lot. Heartwarming and relaxing!
Sep 21, 2019 7:13 PM

Jul 2013
Well I can't really say whom of the girls he married. They all have the same eye and hair color, at least from what we saw on the picture when they were younger. I'm glad Uesugi's relationship with the girls got this good. The first couple episodes weren't looking promising for him.

I didn't expect Itsuki being disguised as Ichika. Especially without seeing her hair.

Overall a very enjoyable show. The va's nailed the characters perfectly. I'm glad there will be a second season in 2020, so hopefully a little bit more conclusion for us. :D

8/10

Oct 12, 2019 4:54 AM
Jul 2018
Honestly not a bad anime, but it’s killing me not knowing who Fuutaro marries
Oct 12, 2019 12:30 PM

Feb 2014
At first I was going to drop this show and give it a 2, because the first few episodes were some the worst I've seen of an anime in a while. The dialogue, interactions, and direction were so bad and weird that it felt like some alien had written them. I also hated the stupid manga comedy and visual gags.But the final 3-4 episodes redeemed the show with some decent drama and "normal" directing. The characters also started to feel like actual characters and not a bunch of annoying blobs straight out of some dime a dozen generic harem visual novel.

As for the final girl, pretty sure it's going to be Nino, especially going by Fuutarou hanging onto the charm all these years, and the camera lingering on the bride's pierced ear when we first saw her in the earlier episodes. Miku would be too boring of a choice.

All in all, 5/10.
Oct 22, 2019 12:46 AM
Nov 2014
I don't know why is everyone treating this as mind bending mystery. It's super obvious that Itsuki is gonna win. The first girl wins 99% of the time in Harems. Also she was the first one to reach for his hand in the bed scene,then all the other girls came in view.
Oct 26, 2019 1:32 AM
Jul 2019
So it's either Nino, Itsuki, or Miku. I don't see the other two marrying Fuutaro. Yotsuba is like that best friend you always had, Ichika feels like the big sister, which she is.

Anyway, I enjoyed myself. Will definitely read the manga. Hope it's Miku. I heard Nino got a comeback, but I'm loyal to Miku. And season two confirmed.

Score: 8/10
Nov 7, 2019 3:41 PM
Sep 2019
I really liked the anime but i couldn't see who's the girl he married and I think its Miku ot Etsyuki
Dec 3, 2019 2:33 AM

Sep 2013
Really fun series and a decent harem plot compared to the usual ones in the genre. Putting these 5(6) seiyuu into 1 show together was absolute genius, tempted to pick up the manga but don't know how much I'll enjoy it without hearing the brilliant voice work.

Miku still best girl but the ranking does get a bit blurry, however Itsuki will probably win in the end if the author actually has the balls to make a definite choice.
Dec 8, 2019 6:53 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
That was a weird time jump, I really appreciate how the quintuplet gimmick played a great role in enticing the drama even to the very last moment of this season. I'm guessing it's either Ichika or Itsuki at the end, even though I really want it to be Miku. I can't wait for the second season to air.
Dec 10, 2019 7:53 PM

Aug 2015
it's obvious who Futaro-kun is going to marry at the end
it's all 5 Quintuplets, taking turns pretending to be one person

mystery solved

Nino is kinda trash, but she was definitely my favorite
Ichika, Miku and Yotsuba are also nice

overall, my assessment is that it feels kinda like a visual novel, especially in the way certain panning scenes remind me of the CGs from a an important scene in a VN, same with the way he builds affection with each girl is similar to a route
Dec 17, 2019 9:02 AM

Dec 2015
Watching this with spoilers is actually really entertaining. Made me realize how this author is really smart on what he is doing
Dec 18, 2019 5:35 AM
May 2018
It was fun first few episodes with whole tutoring thing, and then it turned into yet another harem.
Jan 10, 2020 7:12 AM
Nov 2016
So cute anime i loved itt my first time like anime like it i alway love strong stories i dont like cutness but at this anime i changed my mind so cute all character cute no one of them was anyoing .. but the sad thing was i did not know who is the pride of them !! .. oh i forget that futaru so good charecter i loved his personality a lot so diffrent anime so cute 💖
Feb 7, 2020 11:47 AM

May 2015
Well that episode had me a bit confused considering I know who actually wins. Sometimes they change the colour of their hairs which is confusing.

This was a great series though. One of the very very few harems where I like all the girls making it super re-watchable. The only other harem where I like everyone is We Never Learn and Im glad this was different from that.

Well now its time to bringe through all of the manga to get more best girl Yotsuba.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 8, 2020 12:09 PM
Sep 2018
If I had to choose, it would definitely be Team Miku ftw. Harem ends are the best though, and I still think on is possible for this series.
Throughout the series the sisters have often changed places with each other. They could, then, do some sort of doppelganger stuff and somehow all be his brides i.e. they change daily/ weekly, or they invent a new sister and they each take turns being her or something.
Obviously that's wishful thinking and following other similar anime Itsuki is gonna win, but one can dream.
Apr 18, 2020 8:51 AM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
Unsure as for the wedding conclusion.
Perhaps a bit wrapping, or unnecessary?
I disliked it but it carried the mood of the show.
I guess I'll let it slide.

Apr 18, 2020 11:57 AM

Mar 2017
why tf would someone wear a school uniform for a wedding?

also, if you watch this already knowing who won, you'd notice there were already a lot of hints. I think that's actually really nice on the author's part
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Apr 30, 2020 7:20 AM

Apr 2020
Try to remember the scene where Nino wanted to get her ears pierced, and she said "I'll wear earrings when I get married", maybe it's some kind of clue. I hope the bride is Nino
May 14, 2020 5:30 AM
Dec 2017
Really loved this show. All the girls were great with good character development and would probably be best girl in their own series.
May 21, 2020 6:59 PM

Jul 2019
Surely cringed a lot lol, wasn't bad though. Most of the girls characters aren't unique you can easily find their personalities in many other shows. Ichika the oldest one is an interesting character imo. She looked like the most experienced and the wisest one out of the quintuplets but thats the problem. The drama is with herself not the others. She's my favorite but unfortunately I can't see it happening with her knowing how cliche the writing is. Its definitely gonna be Itsuka (first girl MC met), Nino (possibly a childhood friend?), or the headphone girl.
Jun 21, 2020 10:23 PM

Aug 2019
ah shucks, i guess that ending properly suited this anime. Can't complain.
yes well that was quite the interesting anime, i went from feeling very iffy about it to enjoying it quite a lot.
I first thought this anime would be some extremely ecchi, weird harem involving one guy and 5 girls (I mean can you blame me? With no context the anime's cover image is quite something) which i guess i wasn't entirely wrong but also wasn't entirely right. My final thoughts are, this was slightly ecchi anime, involving one guy who trys his best to help tutor 5 sisters that are his own age, however later we see the character development of the guy starting at square one with the girls, acting more as a teacher. But we slowly see the guy find the likes/dislikes of each of the girls to hopefully find their strong suits in subjects and to get on better with them. He achieves this but unknowingly goes much farther and comes to terms that he isn't really in the right to call himself their "teacher" but more of a friend or partner or something much more that only the girls can answer themselves.
One thing i like about this anime was how, yes the girls are all Quintuplets more or less they are suppose to be almost all the same yet each of them have a unique personality that differs from the other. Yotsuba is super active, maybe a bit daft, but always full of energy while someone like Ichika is more mature, acts as the oldest sister and makes sure to look after all of them almost as a parental figure. Another good way this anime showed the differences of the Quintuplets was from their grades. Each of them strives at a different subject which could help them lean on each other more for support.
What this anime does a pristine job at, is showing the character developments for everyone. I mean we see the girls at the start completely reject Futarou, seeing him as untrustworthy, yet the further we went in and the further we saw Futarou not force his way into their lives, but just kinda hang about with each one of them not as a teacher but as a friend of sorts. We are also shown the girls views over the course of the anime change more and more about him, until at the end all the girls had practically warmed up to him and he himself had opened up more as a person as well.
The romance in this anime was, it was ok. This is after all a harem anime and i personally think they did a good job at portraying what each of the girls liked about the main character. This anime also delivered some, interesting splits in the community with people standing their respectable waifus for various reasons, while the anime does such a sneaky job at hiding which sister the main character will actually end up with. I both hate this but love it. I hate it cus the build up is killing me to see who he will end up with, but because of their A+ job at showing us that "it will happen one day" and not just giving us a answer straight away, but giving itself enough room to keep us guessing and making more season is enough to make me happy.
all in all, good fucking anime i must say, i liked watching it a lot.
I STILL STAND YOTSUBA EVEN IF THE MIKU SHIP HAS ALREADY SAILED D:
Oct 14, 2020 1:11 AM

Jul 2013
This show was more enjoyable than expected. The male protagonist was competent and with incredibly flawed female leads but grow quickly throughout the show, it's not frustrating to watch.
justinian_1Oct 14, 2020 2:55 AM
Oct 28, 2020 8:43 PM
Aug 2020
I don’t know what to say In the ending they really have to tease us about the bride I’m over here trying to figure out who it is while also having a giant smile
Over all this a 8/10
Nov 1, 2020 9:57 AM

May 2018
Yeshua47 said:
I don’t know what to say In the ending they really have to tease us about the bride I’m over here trying to figure out who it is while also having a giant smile
Over all this a 8/10

I have just rewatched and enjoyed it more than the first time. The first time i did rate it a 7 and now its 8.

Season 2 please!!!!

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Nov 5, 2020 2:46 PM
Jan 2019
an open ending, i really hope Futaro will marry Miku in the end, but something tells me that Itsuki is going to be the one. hopefully the upcoming season will give us more depth to the story, in my opinion the anime was lacking in this departement. perhaps the upcoming season will also give us some clarification on the ending of the series.
Nov 23, 2020 8:50 AM

Jun 2020
I feel like it's gonna be Nino. I just do
This anime shit is addictive
Dec 23, 2020 8:26 PM

Sep 2020
Happy to know that we'll have S2.
Dec 29, 2020 3:37 AM
Jul 2018
damn, just watched this and finally ready for season 2. this anime was quite enjoyable, animation was nice and characters and story too. soundtrack was alright, it didnt hold back the anime but it didnt make it worse either, the opening was pretty good imo. overall 6.9/10. definitely will be watching season 2.

as for that ending scene, i think that it was either miku, nino or itsuka. dont think it'd be yotsuba or ichika since they have different hair. unless ichika grew out her hair then maybe it could be her too but she didn't seem to have interest in futaro. definitely not yotsuba i think
Jan 1, 2021 10:16 AM

Sep 2017
You know I've never really watched any true harem shows like this, but I heard good things like how it's "different" than all the other harem shows so I figured I'd check it out. Seems like I was correct in avoiding pure harem shows after all...
Jan 6, 2021 7:24 AM

Oct 2016
i enjoyed the fuck out of this show, only watched a few harem shows. I always usually have one character that I want to win. But, for this show man I want all of them to win. Hopefully the one Fuutarou marries, is just a representative for all of them or something. I really can't wait for season 2 even though it's just 2 days away, I wanna go read the manga damn it. Overall I really enjoyed the show. 8/10
Jan 16, 2021 12:03 PM

Feb 2019
Fuutarou is a KING

The bride is gorgeous

That Meada guy got married too lol, the campfire legend is true
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Jan 17, 2021 7:25 AM

Jul 2015
The show was good, 7/10 from me.

I can't believe that Raiha attended her brother's wedding wearing a school uniform! That's a silly oversight to be honest.
Jan 30, 2021 11:38 AM

Apr 2013
I actually thought that skiing Ichika was actually Nino, because she seemd kinda different last episode until Nino actually appeard on screen.
Ha, they tried to fool us into thinking that Itsuki won, but it was obvious that al five of them would hold his hand. No dancing for Uesugi after all though, instead getting a cold and lying in bed. Was a nice ending, which is rare for any show out there really.

So... hella difficult to decide who's best girl in this. Uesugi-kun was mostly okay, but he had a bit too many harem-lead "qualities" like not properly explaining himself for no reason. Nino was worst girl, there is no doubt about that. Itsuki follows on 4th place, though both of them seems to be on their way of getting more likable. Nino is just still too much of a bitch and Itsuki just needs a long talk with Uesugi-kun so they can make up. I mean he really screwed it up when they first met in the canteen.

Yotsuba is on 3rd place, just a hyper blob of happiness. At the beginning I thought it might just've been a mask, but she's just very straight forward. Which leaves the two best girls Ichika and Miku for first and second place... both are just great. I think after the last few episodes I do lean a bit more towards Ichika though, who was initially the girl I was looking mostly forward to. So for now she's my favorite, closely followed by Miku. 8/10 for the show.
GatorJan 30, 2021 11:45 AM
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2019

133 by Maikeru1989FF »»
Oct 2, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2019

167 by SpaceDreamSD »»
Sep 5, 4:55 PM

» Missing soundtrack?

QTG128 - Sep 1

1 by MikamiSatoru_ »»
Sep 1, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2019

239 by jasutin_hoshi »»
Aug 27, 12:01 AM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2019

122 by Questod »»
Aug 17, 4:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.