Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 5, 2023 7:39 PM

May 2021
Reply to xZabuzax
@MeanEYE Yep I get what you mean mate, oh well, I hope that part didn't ruin it for other watchers out there.

The weakest part of Ragna Crimson is the beginning but damn, it gets really good later, give this anime a couple of episodes, and then you will see how good the story becomes, at least the manga is pretty good in that regard, I'm still skeptical with the anime but let's see how it handles the next episodes.
@xZabuzax so far, for me, beginning is strong enough. I liked the rest of the two episodes. At times it feels a bit kinky if you take their age into consideration but if you look at them as siblings it works out. But overall really strong start and there were very few annoying things. I even liked the slow build up and pacing. We'll see how it progresses. Am not a huge fan of this studio although they had some good shows.
Oct 5, 2023 7:43 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to MeanEYE
@xZabuzax so far, for me, beginning is strong enough. I liked the rest of the two episodes. At times it feels a bit kinky if you take their age into consideration but if you look at them as siblings it works out. But overall really strong start and there were very few annoying things. I even liked the slow build up and pacing. We'll see how it progresses. Am not a huge fan of this studio although they had some good shows.
@MeanEYE Yeah I'm not a fan of this studio either but I'm glad you are enjoying it, I really love the manga and I want the best possible anime adaptation for it, Ragna Crimson has some really damn good fights ahead, I hope this studio gives those fight scenes the justice it deserves.
Oct 5, 2023 7:47 PM

May 2021
Reply to xZabuzax
@MeanEYE Yeah I'm not a fan of this studio either but I'm glad you are enjoying it, I really love the manga and I want the best possible anime adaptation for it, Ragna Crimson has some really damn good fights ahead, I hope this studio gives those fight scenes the justice it deserves.
@xZabuzax that's my biggest fear. Weakest point of these two episodes were fights. They kind of rushed through them or at least didn't dedicate enough time. From the story I got the feeling Ragna got super strong, I mean he is called the reaper of dragons, but from the animation it was meh. As if they casually glanced over it, made some still images move to make it look like body parts falling apart and called it good enough. We'll see. Hopefully this improves.
Oct 5, 2023 7:54 PM
Apr 2023
This is a pretty good introduction to the story and premise.
This is technically the not-so-new theme of 'great sage reincarnates' theme but this time, said 'great sage' transfers all his earned wisdom to his past self to rewrite his fate.

Well technically of course the future self 'dies' because he no longer should be existing and his timeline is already invalid and the 'new' Ragna will create a new timeline.

I think I once browsed through the source manga a couple of years ago. Makes me regret not sticking with it as I for sure saw potential in it during those earlier chapters.
But it looks like SIlver Link is up for a good job this time too.
Oct 5, 2023 8:03 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to MeanEYE
@xZabuzax that's my biggest fear. Weakest point of these two episodes were fights. They kind of rushed through them or at least didn't dedicate enough time. From the story I got the feeling Ragna got super strong, I mean he is called the reaper of dragons, but from the animation it was meh. As if they casually glanced over it, made some still images move to make it look like body parts falling apart and called it good enough. We'll see. Hopefully this improves.
@MeanEYE Yeah that's my biggest complaint about this episode too, that being said, this boss is one of the weakest and he got one shot so maybe the studio didn't put a lot of effort into this fight, the studio will probably not put much effort in bottom-tier dragons like him but the Dragon Monarch or top-tier dragons? oh boy, that's a whole different story, this studio better not fuck this up with those fights.
Oct 5, 2023 8:04 PM

May 2021
Reply to xZabuzax
@MeanEYE Yeah that's my biggest complaint about this episode too, that being said, this boss is one of the weakest and he got one shot so maybe the studio didn't put a lot of effort into this fight, the studio will probably not put much effort in bottom-tier dragons like him but the Dragon Monarch or top-tier dragons? oh boy, that's a whole different story, this studio better not fuck this up with those fights.
@xZabuzax remains to be seen.
Oct 5, 2023 9:54 PM
Feb 2021
I was expected a little much than this episode, but really is not bad, at less try to use original and interesting ideas
Oct 5, 2023 10:18 PM
Jul 2014
Seeing a lot of people saying the reason for the dragon's attack being stupid, but is it really? Dragons throughout fantasy have always been notoriously petty, and the king above them all with nothing left to work toward lost his favorite thing to enjoy. Seems to fit to me.
Oct 6, 2023 12:49 AM
Oct 2019
How is this at 7.8 on MAL after that first episode... Holy shit, MAL is cursed by all the 12 year old running around with their dogshit taste
Oct 6, 2023 2:26 AM

Jun 2020
The first 30 minutes were super tropey and painful to sit through. I know it was on purpose but wow it was still boring. I hope that time travel is going to play a key role in the plot, and isn't just going to be in the prologue and epilogue of the story. Otherwise it will just be another anime with OP MC
Oct 6, 2023 5:13 AM
Feb 2023
story is somthing kinda new so i like it and planing to watch the hole serease
Oct 6, 2023 7:29 AM
Jul 2020
I like it very much
Oct 6, 2023 10:25 PM
Oct 2023
HOLY CRAP THIS GAVE ME CHILLS!! IT WAS 40 MINUTES TOO!! BROO I NEED MORE!! IM EATING GOOD THIS SEASON!! 24 EPISODES
Oct 7, 2023 12:36 AM
Sep 2023
very awesome ep !!
Oct 7, 2023 3:58 AM

Feb 2020
This has the potential to either become something amazing or something meh. I dig it so far. It was a great first episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2023 1:52 PM
Sep 2018
Holy moly that was emotional and such an intro for a 40 minute first episode. I really like how we see the MC have his powers combined with his present self and future self!
Oct 7, 2023 2:12 PM
Sep 2021
I'm exiting, this have potencial
Oct 7, 2023 3:43 PM

Nov 2013
Lil girl dying was pretty obvious even before the visions. Just your average anime cliche smiles "soon to be dead" characters give. So now MC gets extremely OP and will 1-shot (maybe) dragons buy die due to the pact his future-self made or something???

Bruh... Imagine genociding an entire race because one of their pastries closed... You can't make this shit up? Turn out you can.

Surprised this show got decent score. Is this due to longer first episode??? Plot is pretty cliche and ludicrous.

Nevertheless it was still touching how MC (with future-self) got emotional after preventing Leo's death.
Oct 7, 2023 5:27 PM

Feb 2011
Leo's mouth fang was prominent, even when her actual fangs were out.
Absolutely ridiculous character design.

A good start, looking forward to the "price" ragna has to pay.

Oct 8, 2023 9:34 AM

Jan 2008
I recall reading this a while back but in an animated audio format, it's way more cringy than I remember. Hoping it becomes less so a it progresses. Not a fan of how he gets his powers but whatever.

Oct 8, 2023 10:29 AM
Sep 2023
Muito bom, só achei forçado o bagulho de tomar banho com uma criança mas é coisa de japones
Oct 8, 2023 11:36 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Interesting first episode of double duration!!!
Dragons, a pretty girl and a boy with dark future....well, will have to see how the story progresses, for now, liked it!

kekeke
Oct 8, 2023 11:37 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Reply to vanityys
Soooo how old is Ragna...?
the old Ragna is arround the 40 years old!!!
kekeke
Oct 8, 2023 3:32 PM

Feb 2014
Da heck this was 47min episode felt so short lol
Oct 8, 2023 10:49 PM
Jan 2022
The transition of the main character from weak to strong is great! 10/10 The characters in the first episode were also good, I loved it!
Oct 9, 2023 2:47 AM
Jan 2022
Ragna inherits its own Chikara from old ragna... what?
Anyway, Very nice start.
That was the heart-beating first episode.
I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Oct 9, 2023 3:41 AM
Nov 2021
The transformation of ragna was just amazing....the way he just destroyed the superior dragon with a flick (from a guy who was just surviving everyday) gave me goosebumps
Oct 9, 2023 7:55 PM
Mar 2023
Reply to phantomfandom
My first thought is this falls into a "reincarnate into the younger self in the past" category. But there's more to that. At first I'm not sure about two voice actors for Ragna, but it's actually the message that this anime treats Ragna as of now and Ragna from the future as different person. Ragna as of now doesn't experience pain and loss like Ragna from the future.

But honestly, God getting angry over cake restaurant makes me not sure if I have to take this anime seriously or not. I mean Superior Dragon in human form has such a majestic design, if God just gets a generic tsundere loli design I'd be disappointed.
@phantomfandom Let's just say a certain dragon king took the dragon god's idiom over a cake waayyy tooo literal🤣😂...yes it will be elaborated in later episodes
Oct 9, 2023 8:16 PM
Aug 2023
pretty good start to the anime. the production and animation seem decent, hopefully it doesn't drop in quality

are long premieres the new meta?
Oct 9, 2023 10:51 PM

Dec 2012
This was painful, just how many times can you show the same death scene in one episode…
Oct 10, 2023 3:23 PM

Jan 2022
"From this moment on, the past and the future are one." -Ragna

... Dam, can anime have a category for the hardest lines ever!! It's only episode 1, and I've hit by manly tears twice already. Why is this so good 🥲😭😭
Oct 10, 2023 10:11 PM
Mar 2018
Kinda not worth the 40mins just to get the one scene but ill give it 2 more episodes
Oct 10, 2023 10:18 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to AckwardNinja
Kinda not worth the 40mins just to get the one scene but ill give it 2 more episodes
@AckwardNinja You can't judge an anime in 3 episodes though, Ragna Crimson will get pretty darn good starting with the capital arc which will happen in a few more episodes.
Oct 11, 2023 7:59 PM
Jun 2023
Really good start to the anime. Pretty much follows through along with the manga. Love the extended episode to start it off as well.
Oct 14, 2023 7:45 PM
Dec 2021
the episode was great and i enjoyed it quite a lot
but did i miss something or they did not tell "what price he paid for that transfer of power (perma/temp?) and is that thing some kind of a big spoiler?

edit:thnx @xZabuzax
sunnyverma69Oct 14, 2023 7:56 PM
Oct 14, 2023 7:48 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to sunnyverma69
the episode was great and i enjoyed it quite a lot
but did i miss something or they did not tell "what price he paid for that transfer of power (perma/temp?) and is that thing some kind of a big spoiler?

edit:thnx @xZabuzax
@sunnyverma69 It's not a spoiler, it was already mentioned in this episode, that the price for transferring the power is that his future self died in the process, Crimson said that "he died while standing up" and that was the price, his death.

The power is permanent but the present Ragna can't use the full potential of it yet.
Oct 15, 2023 4:12 PM

May 2016
> Over 4 flashbacks to the same dream using the exact same shots in one episode for the first half of the 40mins
> The plot was stagnant and constantly non moving due to how it keeps on focusing on flashbacks
> Unearned "anime mc rage moment" transformation when all the build up to it we had is "spamming the same dream in your face" + a lot of exposition.
> Exposition immediately after the op and more there in after
> Constant weird romantic tension radiating from an overpowered fleshy mouth toothed 12 year old that doesn't talk like she's literally 12 half of the time.
> Future MC is permanently rageful because his 12 year old waifu who has the hots for him died (??)

All this for 40 minutes

Am I missing something here or-?
Oct 17, 2023 4:53 AM
Aug 2021
Whoever decided to make episode 1 an hour long was a genius. If that was broken up into 3 episodes I promise u I would have stopped watching after episode 1😂😂. I love how they included but skipped the whole friend dying and then getting stronger montage. Bro became OP though. He can now rival Dragon Monarchs. CRAZY🔥🔥. His walk though was cold🥶 (No pun intended). We have some interesting elements at play here. We have time travel, Gods, Romance and rivalry. One thing I find funny is the fact that the Dragon God decided to lay waste upon an entire KINGDOM because his favourite bakery shop closed because humans r scum😂😂😂.
Oct 17, 2023 2:41 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
"I'm your FUTURE self, and YOU'RE my PAST self!!!" "You're.... my FUTURE SELF??!!" - yes thank you so much for that clarification, it was deathly hard to put two and two together.

Well my past 12-year-old self definitely would've thought this kind of show was for the cool kids. But I'd be lying if I said my CURRENT self wasn't at least mildly intrigued. I like how Ragna here pulled what seems like a Gon Freecs move and received the power he had built up from his future self. Does he get weaker now as he gets older, or does he get older at all? Sounded like he now has less years to live. Whatever the case, this storyline is probably much better than the alternative, which was supposed to have Leo die. If Leo did die, which she did in the original timeline or whatever tf you want to call it, Ragna goes on a murderous rampage, getting stronger and getting revenge on all the dragons. Idk how much good story you could have gotten out of that. What actually happens here is far more interesting imo- and I guess I should've expected with Ragna getting that vision OVER AND OVER AGAIN about Leo dying- which most likely means she's not going to die, and she doesn't. She survives, being saved by a powered-up Ragna. And I'm glad that she's still alive. Most of whatever heart this show has would've died along with her. Anyway, started out kind of edgy and cringe, and well, kind of stayed that way, but I can say now that it at least has my attention. I'd actually rather have it stay edgy rather than have it have jarring tonal shifts with attempts at comedic relief. Like this dude in the middle of a fight just casually states that the dragon god likes cake..... yeah I'll just leave that up to your own judgement as to if you found that funny or not

Anyway, I actually didn't really even notice it was 47 minutes long until the episode actually ended and I checked the time. My expectations were low, and they've been surpassed somewhat. I'll watch the next two episodes at the very least
BetaMaleUltraOct 17, 2023 2:46 PM

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Oct 20, 2023 3:27 PM

Sep 2017
Pretty solid first episode setting up the premise. I honestly had a hunch that Leo would die even before the very obviously flashback, but it turns out through some weird time shenanigans, she's still alive.

Well I was interested to see how our MC would grow after losing Leo and then was a little disappointed when it faked me out and he was going to be OP af from the start, but it looks like that power was temporary. He has definitely changed from that encounter so I'm curious as to how his character and power will grow from here.
Oct 25, 2023 1:00 AM

Mar 2013
A hidden gem like Anos' series.

Time Travel? Reincarnation? It's similar in a sense but quite an epic one at that.

I'm glad he get to save his princess and future wife. I need a happy ending! 🥰🥰🥰

Fortunately, we get to have 2 cours for this adaptation!!! YEAH!!!

For some reason, Leo's smile is dazzling after watching Ragna's future circumstances.
Now, he needs to get stronger, as his future self has a different physique than what he has now...
Another favourite in the list!
CrazyButNot4UOct 25, 2023 1:13 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Oct 31, 2023 5:55 AM
Sep 2021
Ok, time travel is involved and the future ragna gives pasta ranga is his powers to save leo and slay the dragon and on this journey crimson is going to be a part.
Nov 2, 2023 10:55 PM

Aug 2015
No soundtrack. Poor pacing. Poor animation. Lackluster story and characters.
Nov 8, 2023 5:12 PM

May 2023
great episode. im gonna have a good time with this for sure, since im a sucker for animes with an op mc and dragons lol
Nov 9, 2023 7:37 AM
Mar 2022
This is a truly mastered anime piece. This anime is a jewel in the rough. Great graphics and plot. Continue the excellent work. Look forward to season 2
Nov 19, 2023 4:30 PM
Nov 2023
Incredible story, good art, and nice characters. Battles are epic!
Nov 19, 2023 4:31 PM
Nov 2023
Incredible story, good art, and nice characters. Battles are epic!
Nov 26, 2023 6:55 PM
Jan 2023
fucking holy shit madre mia
Dec 7, 2023 11:04 PM

Nov 2023
interesting hour premiere, seems like oshi no ko played a part in influencing the marketing decision of the first episode for this anime
Dec 8, 2023 4:16 PM

Oct 2023
The Dragon God decided to destroy the kingdom just because their favorite pastry shop was shut down LOL. Such a noble reason.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 21 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 9

41 by Vindicater »»
Oct 14, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Mar 30

132 by nixlm7 »»
Oct 12, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 20 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 2

42 by Vindicater »»
Oct 10, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 19 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 24

26 by xZabuzax »»
Oct 10, 2:40 AM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 18 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 17

45 by Vindicater »»
Oct 9, 7:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.