Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 9, 2021 7:17 AM
Oct 2019
Wow I'm coming to second season with low expectations because you know studio changes. (Usually things going bad)
I feel it was probably as same as the quality of Season 1 Studio maybe it can be better...
I can't point it out what but i really love the new Artstyle, it just make our girls more cuter...

So i see, this is how they gonna did to us the rest of this season...
Teasing who exactly is the girl that Uesugi meet 5 years ago.

It's so funny how Uesugi guess all of their name wrong after the girls make their hair looks similar, come on how dumb are you.. it's funny how Uesugi smart at school but sucks at recognize the girls. Lmao

Ah yeah OP and ED song was good as well

Miku still Best Girl....
davidyodo24Jan 9, 2021 9:02 AM
Jan 9, 2021 7:29 AM
Oct 2019
Priyansh_04 said:
This studio is so bad lmao

Lmao this is what you called bad??? Ehat are you talking about
Jan 9, 2021 7:31 AM
Oct 2019
20m said:
Jesus this animation fucking sucks holy shit

People just hating for the sake of attention ey...
Jan 9, 2021 7:32 AM
Oct 2019
Srijan_Sukumar said:
Hey, we have got a Takagi-san with pink hair...

Yeah that's also come cross my mind... Lol
Jan 9, 2021 7:48 AM
Jun 2020
All in all, i freaking love it
Jan 9, 2021 8:40 AM

Mar 2016
Good opening and ending. Boi..... imagine the people thinking who is gonna end up with Uesugi when they haven't even read the manga. The foreshadowing hints to most prolly an anime original ending, but let's wait and see.
Jan 9, 2021 8:42 AM

Mar 2016
davidyodo24 said:
Wow I'm coming to second season with low expectations because you know studio changes. (Usually rhings going bad)
I feel it was probably as same as the quality of Season 1 Studio maybe it can be better...
I can't point it out what but i really love the new Artstyle, it just make our girls more cuter...

It's so funny how Uesugi guess all of their name wrong after the girls make their hair looks similar, come on how dumb are you.. it's funny how Uesugi smart at school but sucks at recognize the girls. Lmao

Miku still Best Girl....
Amen to that, fellow Miku warrior.
Jan 9, 2021 9:02 AM
Oct 2019
SPIDEY_rockzzzzz said:
davidyodo24 said:
Wow I'm coming to second season with low expectations because you know studio changes. (Usually rhings going bad)

Miku still Best Girl....
Amen to that, fellow Miku warrior.
#MikuGangRiseUp
Jan 9, 2021 9:22 AM

Mar 2017
A nice, fun start to season 2, and boy was I glad for the little recap of the ending to season 1... should've rewatched before Season 2 was released!

I'd have thought that Uesugi could tell them apart by now with a little concentration... I've only experienced trying to tell twins apart but no matter how identical they are, there's always a slight difference in their faces. Maybe it's just harder when there's 5 of them and they are all best girls haha
Jan 9, 2021 9:54 AM

Apr 2020
After I binged it a month ago, Futaro and the Quintuplets are back as we finally begin the second season of this harem series. Futaro is now out of hospital and is ready to teach the 5 goofballs again. Only this time he's confused as fuck on who the girl tore up their test papers all in 0 goose egg.

It was clumsy yet fun to watch as we witness Futaro trying to figure out the distinctive qualities between the 5ive. Although Ichika slipped up in the end as she's the one who tore up the test papers. Looks like Futaro and the girls are back at almost square one.

Overall it is a nice return of the series. I gotta adjust with the art style though as the characters design have changed, especially Futaro's eye color. Also a new OP and ED, with the former being weaker than the first and the latter being more formulaic than the first. So yeah 50/50 there but hey I'm glad this show is back. Next week is an arc (huh), Seven Goodbyes Arc.
Jan 9, 2021 11:38 AM

Nov 2013
wow, what a funny episode
even Itsuki managed to make me laugh like 3 times...which says a lot haha

also, Nino had no problem starting it, as soon as Fuutarou asked them to call him a pervert LOL

also,
at the start Nino saw the bracelet, i kinda forgot, but was it given to him by Nino when he was dating her with the blonde hair? if so, then she knows it lol
winddevil1Jan 9, 2021 11:52 AM
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Jan 9, 2021 12:04 PM

Sep 2019
bro did they change uesugi's eye color???
Jan 9, 2021 1:05 PM

May 2018
wtf did Fuutarou's eyes change color xD
Jan 9, 2021 5:18 PM
Jan 2021
The first episode was hilarious, looking forward to next week's episode.
Jan 9, 2021 6:22 PM

Nov 2017
Errr since my girl didnt win, idk why im not interesting anymore.

Jan 9, 2021 8:17 PM

Mar 2019
Pink Haired Takagi looks Gorgeous...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jan 10, 2021 10:07 AM
Mar 2020
So I would love to share my thoughts here, first off I think it's blindly obvious to everyone watching that one of the quintuplets will turn out to be his mystery girl. I was trying to figure something out during this episode and I was like investigating every clue I could get (keep in mind that I only watched it once so it's only blindly guessing). My guess is that it's Itsuka but in this episode, it pointed more towards Ichiko, the eldest sister. In the flashback, she was talking about how she was going "to be an example for the others". It is something we have seen with her a lot, about how she is the oldest and the example for the others. Her strong sense of justice also is a factor, what we saw with the scene of the woman in the streets that claimed Uesugi had taken her picture. On the other hand: "trying 5 times harder" can point in the direction of Yotsuba, the sporty and energetic sibling. Well, there's a lot to talk about but thank you for reading this! :)
Jan 10, 2021 1:45 PM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
I'm really enjoying the art and animation for this season, it seems a lot brighter and suits the style for the anime.

Glad to see my favourites Nino and Miku back again <3
Jan 10, 2021 4:58 PM
May 2018
Why does the ED sounds like akane sasu - aimer during about the first 30 secs
Jan 11, 2021 8:59 AM

Jan 2019
Change is always hard, but I think I'll get used to the new art direction. The biggest issue for me was that early in the episode they kept cutting to flashbacks to season 1. The jarring difference really put me off. I'm sure I can endure 12 episodes.

Here's to hoping the new studio is at least able to keep up quality-wise for the whole season.
Jan 11, 2021 10:28 AM

Jun 2020
Everything was great and I enjoyed it; Except for graphics and art-style. It's a pity... 🙁
In my opinion, the designs are flat and lack of details and it doesn't the beautiful feeling of the first season. Of course, the quality of the animation is good.

I'm waiting for the next episode.
4/5 for me.
nozomi-hdSep 13, 2021 2:02 PM
Jan 11, 2021 12:50 PM

Feb 2008
Another season of oh why can you not pick them all. Count me in! Also...

The new art style feels refreshing too.

Jan 11, 2021 12:51 PM
Dec 2018
yo among us episode
Jan 11, 2021 8:43 PM

Apr 2020
The 5 twins are back!

Luckily they told us a little about what happened in the previous episode, because I forgot a little about what happened in the last episode.

As usual, they always get 0 lmao, and Miku is so cute!
Jan 12, 2021 1:32 AM

Jun 2020
I noticed they fixed the quintuplets' rooms. Season 1 had them switched around.

PS: Notice the stripe(s) on the door.

Season 2:

Season 1, Manga:

wangsonJan 12, 2021 1:35 AM
Jan 12, 2021 4:05 AM
Oct 2020
Who loves Miku? I would like to count how many of us there are.
Jan 12, 2021 10:34 PM
May 2020
El cambio animación le hizo un gran favor a la serie, se ve todo super bien y me encantó, por lo menos en este primer capitulo como se llevo el storytelling, el capitulo se sintió fluido y nada aburrido, espero continúe así.
Jan 13, 2021 9:50 PM

Jan 2013
It's back! Finally!
It's evident that the girl's designs look a little different, but i still like it, it's still better than not having a S2 xD

It was a great start honestly, we had a little of everything. Now i do wonder if what Ichika said was true, that they have a 6th sister, that would make so much sense! But the way that Itsuki acts, makes me kinda doubt that there is a 6th sister, it's one of the 2, to be honest.
I guess this episode more than confirmed Ichika's feelings for Fuutarou xD I guess the same could also be said for all of them haha

Tbh i am kinda bugged about who's the best girl for me, i do like Itsuki, Miku, and ofc Ichika, so i guess as long as it's one of the 3, I'll be happy with the ending i suppose... I guess I'll have to see more.
Great start, can't wait for more!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 14, 2021 3:02 AM
Oct 2020
kiwixcoke said:
Good episode, and why did they have to nerf their thighs like that I'm guessing Itsuki is the one that met Fuutarou 5 years ago, but then again the person who picked up 'Itsuki' couldn't be the dad since he's a businessman and not a doctor, right? Maybe a relative? Only time will tell for our answers... I'm looking forward!

The doctor and the businessman are the fathers of these girls. Either the doctor is the manager of the hospital or they have a stepfather. Other configurations are possible, but I think there is one of these.
Jan 14, 2021 10:39 AM

Aug 2013
This is back for a second season. This needs at least another season to cover the entire manga, which I hope they do.

Time to find out who the mysterious girl from Kyoto is.

Jan 14, 2021 3:42 PM

Sep 2017
To be honest, was really not a fan of the first season. But I decided to keep going bc of the studio change and a friend told me the winner. This episode felt a lot better with the new artstyle. I don't see why everyone's complaining bc to me, the new style is an upgrade
Jan 14, 2021 5:43 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Didn't like the first season that much but am watching this hoping it'll be better. So far it's got the same dumb vibes and annoying character traits- but that's just me; can't badmouth this stuff really about anything but I just personally have always found these characters as insufferable.

Now usually I won't complain when a series goes an animation studio change and have the artstyle change quite drastically, even for the worse. Heck I still enjoyed one punch man season 2 and that got QUITE the downgrade in animation. Here though, I'm kind of missing the previous style. Not necessarily the lack of thiccness of our five dumb chicks, but rather our MC's face and eyes just look totally off. Dang, didn't really expect to be upset about that considering I don't even like this dude

too early too judge, will finish this as it airs and give it a fair rating; hoping it will be somewhat enjoyable

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Jan 15, 2021 6:41 AM

Jul 2014
Remarkably, they somehow made this look even worse than season 1 already did. Character models are flat, proportions are off, the colours feel washed out and it's just generally giving off real low-effort vibes. The only positive so far is that the character models at least have an "on-model" this season, which season 1 definitely did not.

Plot-wise, it's fine, but it feels like they're pushing the foreshadowing out way earlier than the manga did at this point.
Jan 16, 2021 1:06 AM

Aug 2017
Best harem ever. Best show ever. Full continuation of season one's quality. Some phenomenal composer here putting together the soundtrack.

Jan 16, 2021 12:35 PM

Feb 2019
All the girls look as cute as ever. I like this new art direction.

Edit: actually I like the animation, for the the art season 1 looks more gorgeous
Based_DepartmentJan 16, 2021 12:52 PM
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Jan 21, 2021 2:30 AM

Mar 2009
Why does it look and feel so different?
...they changed studios? Why?

So far, a boring and slow start. Already had the manga ending spoiled for me, too. Curious to see the author's bullshit.
Feb 2, 2021 11:03 PM

Aug 2017
Well here we go again.. The only harem series which doesn't feel like it's a harem!!

An interesting 1st episode for this second season!

Characters seems to be nerfed but atleast we got a second season!!

Feb 13, 2021 8:52 PM

Aug 2018
You know what i lost interest in this anime after been spoiled from the internet even if i dont want to whats gonna happen and who wins in the end.

BUT after couple of episodes from seeing some posts about this new season im kinda curious and want to check this anime then try if im still gonna enjoy this after a lot of spoilers.

After that i ended up enjoying the whole ep lol
Kinda like the artstyle and animation compared to last season i dont get whats big deal about it.

The way they gave hints in every girl who Futaro mets when he was a child was pretty good you gonna get confuse if you not able to spoil yet because you thinking this girl probably the girl who he met but actually shes not they just teasing you.

Overall im gonna watch this throughout the end
My season 1 best girl is Miku and this season my best girl is Nino. I want to see short haired Nino shes so pretty on that ahhh
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Feb 18, 2021 6:22 AM

Jul 2019
Good episode, seeing past Futarou get into mischief like that lol. Got mistaken as a perv at early ages.

Also, among us going on down here.
Mar 25, 2021 11:52 PM

Dec 2013
Art style change is ok. I think I prefer the old one more but this is still nice enough.

I had the same reaction as Itsuki when Fuutaro cut his story short. I have a feeling we won't get the rest of it for a while.

Nino was more than happy to look him in the eye and say pervert lol

Fuutaro did a good job of proving Ichika wrong towards the end. Although it feels a bit weird seeing him struggle when the viewer can easily tell the difference between them.
Mar 27, 2021 4:12 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Glad to be back, I waited for so long for the season o wrap so that I can binge on my pace.
I could have sworn the quits' eyes were bleu before whereas now they seem a tad purple-ish, and what's up with Uesugi's eye's color as well.
Mar 28, 2021 10:22 PM

Jan 2020
The animation is fine, but the art style and colours are so off, especially for Fuutaro. I mean he looks bad now. Anyway, I already have low hopes for this anime now because I was spoiled on the ending by some scumbag on YouTube.

On a side note, there was someone who posted a bunch of death spoilers on my MAL profile page a few days ago and AOT was on there. I didn’t read it properly, but I took a quick glance at it by accident and I feel even that series may be spoiled for me now. Why do people do this 😔
Apr 4, 2021 9:36 PM
Oct 2019
Recommencing #TeamMiku
Apr 12, 2021 7:47 PM

Jul 2017
A harem end is the true end, but I swear to god, if this series is going to choose and ends up going in the beyond predictable Itsuki direction, then from now on, I'm putting all my faith in this sixth sense I've sadly developed from sitting through this same shit and dropping some of these harem/romdrama early lmao.

Apr 14, 2021 5:24 AM
Aug 2020
Omg why Futaro's eyes are brown.. broo its kinda dissapointing
May 9, 2021 9:39 PM

Jul 2020
Even if this show goes downhill, the OP will make me stay till the end of the season. Where Team Yotsuba at tho );
Jun 10, 2021 3:31 AM
Jul 2019
Mom, how can Futaro hit the bar so hard?
I can't wait for this moment to see season two 🥺🥺💘
Nov 11, 2021 11:54 AM

Jun 2020
Very glad to see this series back and it's looking good, This OP seems catchy like the first one and caught the vibe from the previous OP

I still like the content where they left off Futaro in the hospital and the quints gave him a little visit, And some more backstory to continue to find out more who among the quints that met him the day

Already going to a lot of trouble huh meeting Ichika after taking a bath like the typical Futaro you see, Despite the studio change it's looking good alright, Good ED song as well.
Nov 30, 2021 5:16 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Looks like kid Fuutarou already felt a heartbroken moment since child, and its all began with the studying kid and his 'gf' kid Fuutarou had crush on her. Rip. But also a bless since he met that beautiful long-haired little girl, whoever you were. Itsuki? Idk. Everyone else had a chance, and possibly can also graduate into another person to be loved. Little girl also said wanna be the example of their sisters. Possibly Nino and Ichika. But, but, oh well, i don't have any clue right now. Example from that 'pervert' case, can't say at all its Ichika, lmao. If only they showing the girls monologue, even after Fuutarou said that. But, again, there's still 11 more episodes. So i may take this down slowly.

Oped, art style, ironically i say, the first season still better. But i see that they are putting much effort and budget to create a better frame with the girls alone, example at that Ichika on bath towel, and Miku trying to show Fuutarou her mole. That's nice for an ss. So i take this first as a nice welcome. Onboard to the second ep....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 20, 2021 10:53 PM
Jun 2020
This was a great first episode to reintroduce us to the characters. So far I think I prefer season 1's style a bit more, but I'll see if this grows on me.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2021

270 by MrQueijo »»
Oct 2, 4:23 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Mar 18, 2021

214 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 15, 1:22 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Mar 11, 2021

202 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 14, 8:09 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

BradyLE__ - Mar 4, 2021

191 by SanessyAdversary »»
Aug 23, 9:52 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Feb 25, 2021

190 by SanessyAdversary »»
Aug 23, 6:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.