Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 8, 2016 8:18 AM

Apr 2016
CrotakuShinobi said:
OMG Ako is so kawai
Schwine or whatever... I knew he was that otaku-hater girl

IKR. Schwine just put her nickname liddat but turns out the meaning is ***
AmImRaNSe7eN
Apr 8, 2016 8:20 AM
Oct 2012
It was ok but I hope it develops out better (might be just cliche). Is the outro like a ripoff of Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai's intro or something? This got me a bit mad for some reason.
Apr 8, 2016 8:26 AM

Aug 2012
Hisasi ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Apr 8, 2016 8:51 AM

Aug 2012
I like the first episode, it's funny and characters are quite likable. The neko girl who's actually oji-san was hilarious. That's the fact of most MMO game, don't believe the overly cute avatars (╥﹏╥)

Btw I didn't expect that premium/VIP player to be the student council president. Obviously this show turned into harem. And there's no way tsun can exist without dere ╮(╯▽╰)╭
Apr 8, 2016 8:58 AM

Sep 2014
Well this show seems to have lots of potential. I guess I can't judge a show by its cover.
Apr 8, 2016 9:02 AM

Apr 2015
hmm... for 1st episode, it's not bad...
the online game reminds me to Ragnarok Online. I really love that game...
maybe I'll watch next episode...
Apr 8, 2016 9:28 AM
May 2010
One of the rare instances of what is most likely the main girl being Dere-dere from the get go, so it's adorable. And then there's the Yandere aspects of both Ako and the President, which will most likely be fun to watch. I suspect though that Miss Tsuntsun might have a secret crush on our Fortunate MC, Given how she secretly likes the things that the "popular" version of her likes and bothers to talk to him at all.

I was honestly not expecting this kind of development at all, I was thinking we'd end up with either three guys and a girl, or two and two, with tsuntsun-chan pulled into it due to ako going deredere at school with our Mc, whom she might secretly have a crush on.

At most I see this developing into a love triangle of sorts but, the series has all but declared Ako to be the winner in the end of that anyway, bar some horrible disaster.

Defiantly a show to keep watching!
Viper_607Apr 8, 2016 9:37 AM
Apr 8, 2016 9:40 AM

Aug 2014
Oh shit, didn't know they were adapting my life.
Sieg Zeon!
Apr 8, 2016 9:57 AM

Jan 2016
I smell a harem that is going to happen ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I don't mind buffering

I don't mind ads

but when ads buffer, I suffer
Apr 8, 2016 10:48 AM

Jul 2012
The only problem is that in real life gamer girls tend to either be streaming e-whores or the type that never takes care of themselves irl.

Sort of like Ako, but replace her with Tomoko Kuroki.
~ Ch-ch-ch-data

Visit my Discord community: VGData.
For games, anime, & music.
Apr 8, 2016 11:13 AM

Oct 2015
This cute to begin with. It is entertaining. I expect nothing epic in this series. But I guess I will have fun during the season.
Ako is too cuddly, I hope not Yandere become, or try to kill normal.
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Apr 8, 2016 11:23 AM

Jun 2013
rip Razer keyboard lol
Apr 8, 2016 11:46 AM
Apr 2016
Am I the only one the finds Ako's character design to be out of place, it doesn't fit when you compare it to all the other characters in the show.
Apr 8, 2016 12:01 PM

Aug 2014
MORE.

I NEED MORE OF THIS SHOW ♥♥♥♥♥

It's so funny and adorable so far! I wish stuff like this happened to me, but my computer can't even run Maple Story lol...
end my suffering
Apr 8, 2016 12:05 PM

Apr 2013
Kerozinn said:
pass.unwatchable.
this.. cookie cutter.
Apr 8, 2016 12:17 PM

Jan 2012
Chdata said:
The only problem is that in real life gamer girls tend to either be streaming e-whores or the type that never takes care of themselves irl.

I take care of myself D:
Apr 8, 2016 12:23 PM

Dec 2012
I loved it. An episode in and I already picked my best girl :I Pretty sure Ako is going to win though.
This could be a really popular anime if done right.
Apr 8, 2016 12:28 PM

Jul 2012
Slowpoke_ said:
Chdata said:

I take care of myself D:

If you say so, then sure you are.
At least, to you, you are.

lul well, it's one of the few generalizations I'm so used to that I don't bother qualifying my statements when I say it.

This anime gives me a Haganai vibe actually. Except with ?actual? romance.
ChdataApr 8, 2016 12:36 PM
~ Ch-ch-ch-data

Apr 8, 2016 12:52 PM

Sep 2014
It went past my expectations quality-wise. Really enjoyed the episode too, as it was just like the manga.

That ED is pretty good too.

So far I'm happy with this adaptation <3
Apr 8, 2016 1:09 PM

Jan 2012
Chdata said:
Slowpoke_ said:

I take care of myself D:

lul well, it's one of the few generalizations I'm so used to that I don't bother qualifying my statements when I say it.

But I mean said could be same about guys too, no?
Not in the half naked department but in the self hygiene part.

Not to mention most arent lookers regardless.
Apr 8, 2016 1:51 PM

Jul 2012
Slowpoke_ said:
Chdata said:

But I mean said could be same about guys too, no?
Not in the half naked department but in the self hygiene part.

Not to mention most arent lookers regardless.

Yeah, it's probably true for guys too. I only mentioned girls in the first place cause they're the minority in online games usually.

Articles claiming almost 50% of gamers are girls are probably quoting gamers in general. They probably also count anyone who plays some phone app as a "gamer". When it comes to online or social games, it's pretty much 10% or less, at least in most MMORPG or FPS I've played or heard of.

Also I quoted Rusian there if you didn't get it ;p

In particular, I don't actually know anyone IRL who's in to anime. Never have. This is more based on some online friends/people.

IRL myself I'm mostly normal, no one would ever guess I'm probably the biggest otaku in this whole county.
~ Ch-ch-ch-data

Apr 8, 2016 2:00 PM

Apr 2014
I somewhat enjoyed this episode. Lately, I've been watching anime without looking at scores or reviews and it has been a rewarding experience so far.

This episode was pretty good, but I didn't get some of the laughs you guys are getting out of this show. I do enjoy how the online game is presented, but as someone who has not read the manga, I am afraid that the show might use the online game sparingly and only focus on the real-life parts. If there are any manga readers here, please correct me.

The fanservice isn't something I'm a big fan of. Maybe a small fan, but there's always the risk of fanservice taking precedence over story and character development, and I'd rather have the latter instead of the former.

That said, if the number 5 on a 10-number scale truly represents "Average", I will give this first episode a 5.

That being said, I am looking forward to episode 2, and hoping that it turns out better than this one.
Apr 8, 2016 2:20 PM

Jul 2013
It was an ok opening ep, but I didn't expect them all to meet up so soon...
They could have built some more suspense and kept us guessing whether Ako is really a girl or not.
Apr 8, 2016 2:37 PM

Dec 2011
Ragnarok Online just gets real xD.
Apr 8, 2016 2:42 PM

Jan 2014
Well it seems this is gonna be fun. A Novel adaptation of this kind featuring Toyonaga instead of Matsuoka is a pretty darn nice for a change.

It seems this series is gonna be a lot of fun, I did not expect the rest of the crew to be all girls and all with their quirks. That schwein joke LOL!!!! Not to mention Ako and our Pres going Yandere when talking about norms '-'

Anyway it seems we'll have our funsies here.
Apr 8, 2016 3:56 PM

Mar 2016
I laught the most part, i want to see Ako past, looks like its something traumatizing or how she turned to love the MC.
I hope that she will become a yandere just like Ana

Apr 8, 2016 4:57 PM

Sep 2013
Tokoya said:
Looking forward to getting some good fanservice out of this one lol

yeah absolutely we are here for fanservice :)
Apr 8, 2016 5:17 PM

Oct 2015
First episode was entertaining enough. The premise is self-aware wish fulfilment and I find that to be quite funny, but most of the actual show's humour is just "Us anime fanz so whacky xD". I liked the background music a lot. I was hoping for a lot more ecchi than was presented in this first episode.
I will keep watching, but I highly doubt that I will watch the whole season at this rate.
Apr 8, 2016 5:40 PM

Jul 2013
It definitely met my expectations set by the PV and the manga. Will be my guilty pleasure of the season~

Apr 8, 2016 6:04 PM
May 2014
This will probably be the one thing I'll religiously this season.
Apr 8, 2016 6:53 PM

Jan 2012
Chdata said:

Yeah, it's probably true for guys too. I only mentioned girls in the first place cause they're the minority in online games usually.

Articles claiming almost 50% of gamers are girls are probably quoting gamers in general. They probably also count anyone who plays some phone app as a "gamer". When it comes to online or social games, it's pretty much 10% or less, at least in most MMORPG or FPS I've played or heard of.

In particular, I don't actually know anyone IRL who's in to anime. Never have. This is more based on some online friends/people.

IRL myself I'm mostly normal, no one would ever guess I'm probably the biggest otaku in this whole county.

I didnt get that :'D haha

So weird. You must live in a small area then.
So many people like anime here its kinda weird.
Almost anyone I meet likes anime.
Apr 8, 2016 8:21 PM

Sep 2011
I for one am happy at the lack of fan-service. None of the characters were cliches, but they didn't break out of the cliche zone. By this I mean that each character was unique yet not so different as to be outside the "known comfort zone".

The president was refreshingly strong willed, the twintails girl was a nice take on tsundere in that she was definitively tsun to anybody she didn't know, the black-haired girl was adorable in that she is normally quiet but extremely open to MC in an overbearing yet non-overbearing way, and MC wasn't a walking pile of stupid.

The pacing was nice, the art was on par, the characters were good, and the lack of focus on fan service (yet still fan-service-y where it makes sense) really makes me optimistic about this show.
Apr 8, 2016 8:56 PM

Mar 2013
The wish fulfillment is incredibly strong with this one.

A perfect girl like Ako.. one could dream
Apr 8, 2016 9:39 PM

Aug 2012
Lmao this is definitely my guilty pleasure of the season.

Was cringey at times but so damn fun.
Apr 8, 2016 10:24 PM

Oct 2011
Ako was Ako in real life <33
Apr 8, 2016 11:05 PM

Apr 2014
Ako- best girl of 2016
Apr 8, 2016 11:35 PM

Mar 2015
Hmm... I'm probably in the minority, but I like Akane. I have a thing for twin-tail girls man. I truly understand how that MC in "Ore Twintail" feels.

I can totally see this becoming a harem and Ako will still win because she's main girl #1 who's been wanting him from episode 1.

I totally love the "Premium Player" jab. True story bro.

A shy, big boobed, clingy girl is not my type really. If she was more like Kashiwazaki Sena type of personality, she'd be more likable to me.

Apr 8, 2016 11:42 PM
Apr 2013
Ako voice is way overdone to be cutesy. Honestly, she sounds like a 6 year old girl being drown to death, calling for help every single time she open up her mouth.
Apr 8, 2016 11:51 PM
Mar 2016
im here to see hot teacher and hot mom
Apr 9, 2016 12:06 AM
Dec 2009
Wow, this show is a little ridiculous. I would have preferred it if at least one of the characters was a guy in real life... what are the chances that your guild mates would ALL be girls that happen to go to the same school? I know it's just a comedy but as someone who has been playing online RPGs for over 10 years it all seems a little TOO ridiculous, haha.
Apr 9, 2016 12:53 AM

Apr 2009
This anime is truly a Killer of World of Warships so i'll pass :P
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Apr 9, 2016 1:04 AM

Jul 2012
Slowpoke_ said:
Chdata said:

Psh, lucky you.

I did run into 1 person watching Strike the Blood at my college, that's about it.

I'm also a bit hikkikomori, despite job/college. In high school definitely nobody watched anime, everyone there was pretty much generically normies.
~ Ch-ch-ch-data

Apr 9, 2016 1:58 AM

Apr 2009
Chdata said:
Slowpoke_ said:

Psh, lucky you.

I did run into 1 person watching Strike the Blood at my college, that's about it.

I'm also a bit hikkikomori, despite job/college. In high school definitely nobody watched anime, everyone there was pretty much generically normies.
i'm also one of those Normies who played online games but my games that i played were different i only play FPS and some Tank,Aicraft and Warship-related games
:P
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Apr 9, 2016 2:06 AM

Sep 2010
Ako is the best....

4/5
Apr 9, 2016 4:21 AM

Apr 2015
Well it's actually watch-able which I never expected it to be so will be looking forward to it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2016 4:55 AM

Apr 2015
SoraSenpai said:

I feel it has potential to be a really good harem.

NO, No and NO
If it really turns into harem I will suicide. That show really has everything i have been looking for - Expect meaningless fanservice - but Harem will destroy the show imo
Apr 9, 2016 5:11 AM
Feb 2015
PolisChan said:
Cute and funny. Most of us can probably relate to the main character. (Liking anime, playing games, not usually being good with the ladies.)

hey you stop being too real
my feeling are hurt ;-;
Apr 9, 2016 6:05 AM
Oct 2013
LOVED THIS EPISODE!!!!!!!! We have a Kirito MC with a DanMachi big-breasted waifu and some Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata main cast vibes. Fantastic
Apr 9, 2016 6:07 AM

Aug 2013
This was a delightful watch..
The visuals are decent. That was funny. You're not the only one Russian. xD
Ako is cute and adorable, so much dere all over the place hahaha.
The characters are good, both mc and girls are all affable.
Apr 9, 2016 6:47 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Hideki's ESC key fell off when he went rampage mode on the keyboard xD

That prez sure has a lot of money. Buying all them buffing items . Sagawa's reaction when she found out her game name meant pig in German.

Hideki's won the lottery, to find out his in game wife is actually someone from his school and looks exactly like his in game wife. How many would love to be in his shoes and have Ako as a wife.

I'm liking the show so far, probably going to be top 5.

Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2016

181 by LordCrueltyV »»
Oct 7, 4:07 PM

Poll: » Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2016

84 by Talamare »»
Jul 22, 12:41 PM

Poll: » Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

127 by Talamare »»
Jul 22, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

78 by k4cper0 »»
Apr 7, 3:00 PM

Poll: » Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2016

120 by k4cper0 »»
Apr 6, 2:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.