Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Nov 19, 2015 8:13 AM
Sep 2014
junny5 said:

New ken. probably.

oooh
Nov 19, 2015 8:25 AM

Sep 2014
Can his existence get any more tragic, like for real.
Nov 19, 2015 8:54 AM

Feb 2012
This turn of events explains why such a 'cinnamon roll' we met at the beginning of Tokyo Ghoul loved Eto's twisted stories. The cinnamon roll was a lie.
LadyNightmareNov 19, 2015 12:59 PM
Nov 19, 2015 10:08 AM

Apr 2014
My fcking god, kaneki is back prepare your anus m8.
Nov 19, 2015 10:53 AM
Aug 2015
All that talk on the penultimate page made it sound like Kaneki himself wanted to die, and then all that talk about wanting to go die "in style" so people will love him, is classic Ken Kaneki stuff.

So here's an idea I thought of: Kaneki is about to show himself, (kill Kanae and try to go for Eto soon after. As they fight Arima shows up, chases Eto away and finishes Ken Kaneki off once and for all. -- or something else Ishida is a genius he'll think of something better.)

One way or another my theory is that because he knows this to be the last time he'll be in control and about, Kaneki says bye bye once and for all to Haise. Leaving Haise to take his place.
Nov 19, 2015 10:58 AM

Jul 2014
sigh
Nov 19, 2015 11:06 AM
Dec 2014
Oooo a slightly red-haired Kaneki would be dope
Nov 19, 2015 11:56 AM

Jul 2014
That's supposed to be grey... that's like from volume 5 of tg.
Nov 19, 2015 12:09 PM
Dec 2014
Arcanix said:
That's supposed to be grey... that's like from volume 5 of tg.

that long ago whaaa why is it brought up now? -.-
Nov 19, 2015 12:18 PM

Jul 2014
No clue... mostly because people have no clue what they are doing or what they are talking about. You can even look at it and you'll see that's irrelevant. There was one relevant chair in TG and it's long gone.
Nov 19, 2015 1:13 PM

Jan 2014
Arcanix said:
No clue... mostly because people have no clue what they are doing or what they are talking about. You can even look at it and you'll see that's irrelevant. There was one relevant chair in TG and it's long gone.
I'm not gonna pretend that i know everything that happened in this chapter. But for real, do you need to go about in a condescending way like that. I don't know whether your right Or wrong but what I do know is that you are being very egotistical. Not like you'll really care about what I said think anyways.

Either way whether this is a new kaneki or not all I want is for him to remember everything. Unlike most people I do enjoy sasaki. As much as I want kaneki "back"(even though it just seems that kaneki is accepting himself rather than diverting to another personality. who knows) I don't want chaise completely gone. I mean he is kanekis dream personality right?I do think we have run the memory game long enough. Although it

Edit: gonna have to take back some things. First man your hilarious. I do understand the frustration abit. Still a bit egotistical but incredibly funny.(said after soaring through more posts)
KokoroYuudaiNov 19, 2015 1:48 PM

As of now, please try to refrain from looking at MAL. its a complete mess right now T-T
People of anime have whooped, roasted, beaten, and tamed my ass. I have learned my ways and will never speak that horrible word. But, believe me, MY DAY OF VENGEANCE SHALL COME(please dont take this seriously, just "trying" to be funny lol
Nov 19, 2015 1:42 PM
Oct 2015
i am a bit confused with which kaneki came back
sooo from my understanding there are lots of different personalities within kaneki
1. kuroneki 2 shironeki 3 centipede/kakuja mode 4 haise sasaki and 5 the person that just awoke which i presume is shironeki that acknowledges his mother abusing him
can someone clear this up please
this chapter was soo emotional and my favourite tg chapter behind 103 bones and kaneki 'eating' hide
Nov 19, 2015 1:51 PM

Jul 2014
It's probably Kaneki.

kuroneki = Kaneki
shironeki = Kaneki
centipede/kakuja mode(that's a new one) it's still Kaneki
Haise = Kaneki - memories

So Kaneki = Kaneki = Kaneki = Kaneki = Kaneki - memories;

We'll see next week which Kaneki it is... Kaneki Kaneki or Kaneki or maybe Kaneki
Nov 19, 2015 2:17 PM
Nov 2015
Arcanix said:
It's probably Kaneki.

kuroneki = Kaneki
shironeki = Kaneki

We'll see next week which Kaneki it is... Kaneki Kaneki or Kaneki or maybe Kaneki

You really need to stop trolling. Its obviously Kaneki man..

:X
Nov 19, 2015 4:05 PM
Nov 2015
Arcanix said:
It's probably Kaneki.

kuroneki = Kaneki
shironeki = Kaneki

Or Arima shows up and stabs him with his quinque as usual. And then the Arc ends.
Nov 19, 2015 6:06 PM
Jan 2015
Ish-shooo said:
Arcanix said:
It's probably Kaneki.

kuroneki = Kaneki
shironeki = Kaneki

Or Arima shows up and stabs him with his quinque as usual. And then the Arc ends.

Lol Inb4 Papa Arima comes to beat dat ass again.
Nov 19, 2015 6:44 PM

Nov 2015
Noro is Kaneki's father. You can thank me later.
Nov 20, 2015 12:31 AM
Jan 2015
Dunya said:

No evidence. Low possibility. almost impossible.

If it's true though......e_e
Nov 20, 2015 5:18 AM
Dec 2014
kktheman1 said:
Dunya said:

I saw the one idea that someone was saying that Arata is Kaneki's father *dramatic music*
Nov 20, 2015 6:01 AM

Nov 2015
Baka_Panda said:
kktheman1 said:

I saw the one idea that someone was saying that Arata is Kaneki's father *dramatic music*

And Yuuzo is kaneki's brother. Ken Juuzou.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wx2nszS8LU
Nov 20, 2015 8:04 AM

Apr 2015
Dunya said:
Baka_Panda said:

And Yuuzo is kaneki's brother. Ken Juuzou.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wx2nszS8LU

Nov 20, 2015 9:41 AM

Apr 2011
Man, I was behind 20 chapters or so with the manga and today I decided to finally catch up and...what can I say, a pretty wild ride.

I feel so sorry for Kaneki and his life. Kid didn't deserve any of this.
I think that Haise didn't "sleep" and Kaneki will be back. I took it more as Haise will have his memories back (his life as Kaneki) and will be like a new person now? Not sure, just my theory from what I got reading it.

And its one of the best chapters in the series so far. Bravo Ishida.
Nov 20, 2015 12:34 PM

Nov 2014
Well, that was depressing. And awesome.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2015 12:52 PM
Nov 2015
If you got the time, watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT5djcJvNP0 and be amazed.
Nov 20, 2015 1:26 PM

Mar 2013
unreliable narrator Kaneki

great but very sad at the same time

Ishida trolled us again

perfecto chapter
Nov 20, 2015 1:38 PM

Oct 2011
Omg, it's probably the first time when I want to agree with Arcanix so much!

Kaneki is Haise.

Everyone wears masks. We do it all the time, we change them depending on the situation... We lie to others and ourselves, but it's still us. We may not remember, we may forgot, we may pretend that something didn't happen - but we're just us. Shironeki is Kaneki, Kuroneki is Kaneki, Chibineki is Kaneki and Haise is Kaneki... Just different masks and aspects, because each person is complex and complete being. Our hero breaks, is being broken, wanders, evolves, but he's still himself. I want him to remember his past, to love himself and be happy, but it means that he has to accept himself. Regaining his memories doesn't mean that he will forget his "Haise" self. He cannot take step back. Panta rhei and so one. One cannot step twice into the same stream.
Nov 20, 2015 2:43 PM

Aug 2010
Earame said:
Omg, it's probably the first time when I want to agree with Arcanix so much!

Kaneki is Haise.

Everyone wears masks. We do it all the time, we change them depending on the situation... We lie to others and ourselves, but it's still us. We may not remember, we may forgot, we may pretend that something didn't happen - but we're just us. Shironeki is Kaneki, Kuroneki is Kaneki, Chibineki is Kaneki and Haise is Kaneki... Just different masks and aspects, because each person is complex and complete being. Our hero breaks, is being broken, wanders, evolves, but he's still himself. I want him to remember his past, to love himself and be happy, but it means that he has to accept himself. Regaining his memories doesn't mean that he will forget his "Haise" self. He cannot take step back. Panta rhei and so one. One cannot step twice into the same stream.
Exactly! I'm so surprised that so many fail to understand this....

The "Haise is dead" and "Kaneki is back" comments make me cringe.
Nov 20, 2015 3:14 PM

Jul 2014
The-Lich-King said:
If you got the time, watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT5djcJvNP0 and be amazed.

I knew this would happen. 8 minutes in and he fluffing said that "Eto revealed her identity in front of Kaneki and Sasaki" ... "in front of Kaneki AND SASAKI"... "Kaneki and SASAKI"... for the love of Narnia... is there any reviewer that isn't completely adorable?

Edit: And i said... "fuck it, maybe he just made a little mistake and referred to them as different people", but nope... 15 seconds later "Kaneki and Sasaki love Eto's writing". I'm already amazed and we're 8 minutes in. This shit amazed me almost as much as Togashi = Ishida theory.
ArcanixNov 20, 2015 3:27 PM
Nov 20, 2015 4:02 PM

Apr 2014
Arcanix said:
The-Lich-King said:

I knew this would happen. 8 minutes in and he fluffing said that "Eto revealed her identity in front of Kaneki and Sasaki" ... "in front of Kaneki AND SASAKI"... "Kaneki and SASAKI"... for the love of Narnia... is there any reviewer that isn't completely adorable?

Edit: And i said... "fuck it, maybe he just made a little mistake and referred to them as different people", but nope... 15 seconds later "Kaneki and Sasaki love Eto's writing". I'm already amazed and we're 8 minutes in. This shit amazed me almost as much as Togashi = Ishida theory.

After his "Yamori raped Kaneki" theory I'm surprised you still watch his shit.
Nov 20, 2015 5:48 PM

Jan 2015
Z4k said:
Arcanix said:

But Chibi spends hours upon hours researching each chapter and each review for a 19 page chapter is at least 40 minutes long so he must be the end all be all when it comes to Tokyo Ghoul knowledge.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Nov 20, 2015 5:59 PM

Nov 2015
There are always Haters who are against some youtube users, this isn't new.
Nov 20, 2015 6:06 PM
Dec 2014
@Z4K i remember awhile ago you mentioned TG was based on the Fools Journey. Do you think we are at the Sun/Judgement stage and "Kaneki" is being "reborn?"
Nov 20, 2015 6:56 PM

Apr 2014
bobzanny said:
Z4k said:

But Chibi spends hours upon hours researching each chapter and each review for a 19 page chapter is at least 40 minutes long so he must be the end all be all when it comes to Tokyo Ghoul knowledge.

Stealing stuff from tumblr, reddit and /a/ isn't research. The things he says comes mostly from there.

Oreo_Assassin said:
@Z4K i remember awhile ago you mentioned TG was based on the Fools Journey. Do you think we are at the Sun/Judgement stage and "Kaneki" is being "reborn?"

Pretty sure we're at the end of the Moon.

Z4KNov 20, 2015 7:06 PM
Nov 20, 2015 7:14 PM

Jan 2015
Z4k said:
bobzanny said:

Stealing stuff from tumblr, reddit and /a/ isn't research. The things he says comes mostly from there.

Oreo_Assassin said:

So you're saying Chibi should add citations?
Nov 20, 2015 7:24 PM

Apr 2014
bobzanny said:
Z4k said:

Did I say that? Nope.

He should rely on himself to form an opinion instead of relying on others. Especially tumblr since most of their stuff are dead wrong and only ends up misinforming the casual readers.
Nov 20, 2015 8:11 PM

Jan 2012
idk how i feel about owl. it's like she's an ally but you can't tell what her motives are...
Nov 20, 2015 11:36 PM

Jan 2015
Z4k said:
bobzanny said:

Did I say that? Nope.

He should rely on himself to form an opinion instead of relying on others. Especially tumblr since most of their stuff are dead wrong and only ends up misinforming the casual readers.

Lol apparently my sarcasm didn't get through.
Nov 21, 2015 1:29 AM

Apr 2014
bobzanny said:
Z4k said:

Did I say that? Nope.

Lol apparently my sarcasm didn't get through.

I should've known....
Nov 21, 2015 4:12 AM

Nov 2014
Dunya said:
There are always Haters who are against some youtube users, this isn't new.

Why would you capitalize the word ''haters''?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2015 12:34 PM
Nov 2015
It's pretty obvious that Haise isn't dead. Haise is just a version of Kaneki without his memories of what happened in TG and before, therefore meaning that he just gets his memories back and still having those from when he was in the ccg. So Haise isn't dead.
Nov 21, 2015 3:54 PM
Nov 2015
Arcanix said:
The-Lich-King said:

HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE (Thats how i laugh....)
I knew you would be amazed. Chibby is adorable as f***.
Nov 21, 2015 3:57 PM
Nov 2015
The-Lich-King said:
Arcanix said:

HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE (Thats how i laugh....)
I knew you would be amazed. Chibby is adorable as f***.

On a more serious note, i quite like watching his reviews.

DONT HATE ME ALRIGHT?!
Nov 22, 2015 12:38 PM
Nov 2015
FINALLY. I actually think we'll be seeing the real Kaneki without all his masks next time. He's finally removing all of his facades and giving up all his "roles".
I seriously think he was always so obsessed with having a front because whenever he makes a plan for the investigation, it has to be under cover. First time, it was to dress up as girls and the next it was to go under cover as ghouls.
Nov 22, 2015 3:06 PM

Jan 2011
i cant wait that kaneki will back but who knows what can happend next
Nov 22, 2015 8:34 PM
Jul 2015
What color hair is to come? Blood red?
Nov 23, 2015 3:25 AM

Jan 2012
His mum was abusive that sucks.

Nov 23, 2015 12:09 PM

Jun 2008
Arcanix said:
Meh, you guys are making this so confusing for yourselves with this take over bullshit and with all the returning bullshit(like Kaneki is on a vacation) when in the end all that it's going to happen is that Haise is going to remember shit and that'll be that.

If he remembers shit then his Kaneki. Because Kaneki is his real name and he will remember his name. And Kaneki is the one knows who everyone is. Kaneki, knew Hide, Touka, Amon, Shu, Hinami etc. Haise only knows a few people at CCG, Kaneki knows everyone including the ones Haize knows.
It doesn't matter if he is not exactly like his white hair version. His still Kaneki.
Haize never existed. Only Kaneki. Haize was always Kaneki.
Nov 23, 2015 12:14 PM

Jul 2014
And i'm like one of the few people here who keep saying that... dunno why you quoted me. Said Haise to make people understand what i was talking about.
Nov 29, 2015 1:18 AM

Jun 2015
So, Kaneki want to die in style at the end...
*another tragedy ending flag*

Ishida-sensei really put kaneki in tragic fate (TT TT)
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 72 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2016

124 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 71 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2016

140 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 8:14 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

146 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

151 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 68 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mech4nic - Mar 12, 2016

129 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 7:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.