Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Sep 12, 2009 12:48 PM

Jun 2008
That goat is the real culprit! :o
Sep 12, 2009 1:05 PM

Aug 2009
@Ep 12 preview: Excellent, now I can find out exactly how "pukuku" is supposed to sound like...
Sep 12, 2009 1:08 PM

Jun 2008
maybe they won't keep the pukuku since Maria's laugh in the anime isn't kihihihihihihi
Sep 12, 2009 1:14 PM

Apr 2007
The first Tea Party was funny as hell when that goat tried to stuff Maria's laughing head into Rosa's mouth. I lol'd so hard. Both of the tea parties felt so rushed like someone was pressing ctrl when reading the novel or the fastforward button. But this was the most entertaining episode for me thus far.

Anyway, onwards with arguably the best arc of the series. Hopefully DEEN won't screw it up.
z-pakSep 12, 2009 1:18 PM
Sep 12, 2009 2:24 PM

Aug 2009
zeroryoko1974 said:
Great epiosde, I was laughing almost through the whole thing. Beatrice is hilarous. So Battler wants to give Maria a little mouth lovin when she gets older lol. Best line ever

Some great Maria faces as well

Maria's faces are creepier each episode o.O

This episode was better then the last one. The last one felt super slow with no development at all. I can't wait for the next ep, and I want to see the "new" opening. (Beatrice's portrait will be different).
Sep 12, 2009 2:57 PM
Aug 2009
I think the portrait is going to be different in each arc.
Sep 12, 2009 3:37 PM
Sep 2007
Chucky said:
One of the goats in the background is wearing a dress. o.0

That was probably another witch, like Bernkastel wearing the goat mask. There are witches/wizards mixed in with the goats. It seems like the real goats have the one-winged eagle crest on their suits.
Sep 12, 2009 9:00 PM
Feb 2009
MarthX said:

Lil' Beato, Bronove and Virgilia ♥

That scene of Tako!Maria rolling around..and her faces are getting crazier ♥
Sep 13, 2009 3:19 AM

Apr 2009
D: Ew, the dinner was so freakin repulsive.
But the Rosa/Maria scene was sweet. Made me teary-eyed a little.

And is it just me or does Lambdadelta look a lot like Takano? xD (I won't risk saying that they're the same person and being shot by the VN fans. I'm stilll not sure about Bernkastel/Rika. I've seen many different opinions on that and haven't played the game, so...)

Damn, Battler. Haha. You want to eat Maria?
The 'cow tits' line was priceless xD I like him a whole lot more now.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Sep 13, 2009 7:12 AM

Sep 2008
hirahira said:
For anyone who is interested, here is the ???? from the game

and the Tea Party

And here's how the Rosa-Musou scene happened in the game

You guys should check out all the Umineko videos from this user: http://www.youtube.com/user/hitomi04

aww, Bern's nipah was cute <3
Sep 13, 2009 7:28 AM

Jul 2009
Melo-chan said:
hirahira said:
For anyone who is interested, here is the ???? from the game

and the Tea Party

And here's how the Rosa-Musou scene happened in the game

You guys should check out all the Umineko videos from this user: http://www.youtube.com/user/hitomi04

aww, Bern's nipah was cute <3

Wow!!
I didn't know the game was translated to English!!
Which episode was translated?
Episode "Criru" was already toranslated?
Sep 13, 2009 7:40 AM

Jun 2008
The first 4 question arcs have been translated. Umineko Chiru should be translated by November, I think.
Sep 13, 2009 11:13 AM

Jan 2009
hirahira said:
The first 4 question arcs have been translated. Umineko Chiru should be translated by November, I think.

Meanwhile, at Witch Hunt...

Episode 5: End of the Golden Witch

* Translation: 5%
* Editing: 2%

X_x
Sep 13, 2009 11:50 AM

May 2008
Shit this episode grossed me out when Battler was naked and then pulled apart limb by limb T^T

But YAY for Dread of the Grave playing~

In the end Battler was still being a perv, but funny xD

"Slice up those cow tits of yours and make me a sandwich." lawl. "Maria, it's 10 years too early for you to tell someone to eat you. But make sure you tell me that 10 years from now okay?" I'm sure we all know what that meant.

Seeing Rosa having to eat all that shit..I'd throw up on the spot.

The VN is actually quite scary and twisted :/ From the videos I've watched anyways. Don't watch them in the dark. Seriously.
StarPebblitSep 13, 2009 11:54 AM

Sep 13, 2009 8:09 PM
Dec 2008
hmm this is just a random question but
is Episode 5 not the last game for Umineko??
are there more games coming out??
Sep 13, 2009 8:14 PM

Aug 2009
In other news.

Jessica has Kanon
George has Shannon

So who do they want to end up with Battler?

That's the cover of the first DVD. Foe Yay at it's greatest.
Sep 13, 2009 8:23 PM

Jan 2009
kaena said:

Supposedly 3 more, and that should be it.
Sep 13, 2009 8:41 PM

Jul 2008
^Unless he makes a 4.5 like Higurashi Rei :)
Sep 13, 2009 11:30 PM

Apr 2007
garfield15 said:

So who do they want to end up with Battler?

That's the cover of the first DVD. Foe Yay at it's greatest.

I think that should be pretty obvious. :D

Can't wait for the DVD so I can get a better scan of that picture. So going to be my next profile pic.
Sep 14, 2009 12:11 AM

Aug 2009
this episode is interesting. :] 5/5

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Sep 14, 2009 6:52 AM

Apr 2009
kaena said:

I think episode 5 is the last Umineko-game... since
Sep 14, 2009 8:46 AM
Aug 2009
Kexlizard said:
I think episode 5 is the last Umineko-game... since

Why would Chiru have only one episode?

Higurashi had 4 question arcs and 4 answer arcs.
I'm expecting the same from Umineko.

Ep 5 can't possibly be the last one.
Sep 14, 2009 9:47 AM
Aug 2009
Writer confirmed that there will be at least an EP6 and 7, so no, 5 is not the last one.
Sep 14, 2009 11:21 AM

Jun 2008
bwahahachick said:
Battler's lines completely threw me off with lulz.

"Maria, it's ten years too early for you to tell someone to eat you. But make sure you tell me that ten years from now, okay?"

lmao forever.

lol tell me about it, I had to watch it again to catch it. When it came on the screen I was so in awe I couldn't believe Battler was saying that lol

Battler naked wasn't that bad either >.>
- Noblesse Oblige -

And I'm saying a prayer for the desperate heart's tonight

Sep 14, 2009 12:33 PM
Dec 2008
i see
yea i was hoping for more than just one answer arc.
but maybe one is enough?lol

oh and this may be random but it seems the only reason higurashi and umineko seems plausible at the least is that they take place in 1980s.

ryukishi07 should make a when they cry series for the modern world.
taht would be so epic
Sep 15, 2009 4:50 PM

Oct 2007
This is getting weird, one minute he gave up then he is revived...
Didnt he already surrender....

I was expecting more from this anime, but it looks like you wont know what is going on unless you played the VN (which i haven't)

I cant even read comments because everyone is posting videos, pictures or just commenting schenes from the VN...
Sep 15, 2009 5:23 PM
Mar 2009
Friendlysoul said:
This is getting weird, one minute he gave up then he is revived...
Didnt he already surrender....

I was expecting more from this anime, but it looks like you wont know what is going on unless you played the VN (which i haven't)

I cant even read comments because everyone is posting videos, pictures or just commenting schenes from the VN...

He wasn't revived, the one that was killed was Piece-Battler. The one that appeared in front of Beatrice at the end of the show was Meta-Battler.
Sep 15, 2009 5:24 PM

Jun 2007
Those videos aren't spoilers. Just scenes that were in the anime.

At this point in the VN, you'd still be confused. You might be less confused, but still mostly confused.

Regarding the previous post. The terms Meta and Piece Battler are fan terms. It's not like the VN explains that. It doesn't. Fans came up with those terms on their own.

The VN never says "Hey, there's two different Battlers. This one is Piece and this one is Meta. They aren't the same." Instead it makes it obvious that there's two different Battlers. One that frequently speaks with Beatrice and the other that doesn't meet Beatrice until the end.
LunarEmeraldSep 15, 2009 6:01 PM
Sep 15, 2009 5:44 PM

Aug 2008
Doesn't this episode throw into question if there really are two different Battlers, since Meta Battler interacted with the pieces in this game world? Wasn't that something that only piece Battler should do?
Sep 15, 2009 5:46 PM
Dec 2008
well meta battler interacted with the characters only in the tea party where rosa tries to eat maria and all taht goodness
and that takes place in the meta world.
Sep 15, 2009 5:48 PM

Aug 2008
How do we know that takes place in the meta world? It looked like the game world to me, since Rosa had not yet died, and the visual cues for the meta world (black and white) weren't there.
Sep 15, 2009 5:54 PM

Jun 2007
noteDhero said:
How do we know that takes place in the meta world? It looked like the game world to me, since Rosa had not yet died, and the visual cues for the meta world (black and white) weren't there.

The setting doesn't really determine if it's Meta or not. In episode 5, Beatrice didn't show herself until everyone died and that was in the Meta World. Shannon was alive when we clearly saw her dead.

At the end of the Rosa goat scene in the VN, the text "When the seagulls cry, there are no survivors" appears, further implying that Maria and Rosa were killed.
Sep 15, 2009 5:54 PM
Dec 2008
dude Maria's HEAD was talking
do you think that takes place in teh real world???
besides, battler had already been killed by the goats
which means the one in the cannibal food scene is meta battler, which means
its the meta world
Sep 15, 2009 6:00 PM
Mar 2009
MarthX said:
Those videos aren't spoilers. Just scenes that were in the anime.

At this point in the VN, you'd still be confused. You might be less confused, but still mostly confused.

Regardling the previous post. The terms Meta and Piece Battler are fan terms. It's not like the VN explains that. It doesn't. Fans came up with those terms on their own.

The VN never says "Hey, there's two different Battlers. This one is Piece and this one is Meta. They aren't the same." Instead it makes it obvious that there's two different Battlers. One that frequently speaks with Beatrice and the other that doesn't meet Beatrice until the end.

Yeah I was doing that to make it a little more easier to understand for him since he thinks those two Battlers are one in the same even though they kind of are.
Sep 15, 2009 6:11 PM

Aug 2008
MarthX said:

The setting doesn't really determine if it's Meta or not. In episode 5, Beatrice didn't show herself until everyone died and that was in the Meta World. Shannon was alive when we clearly saw her dead.

At the end of the Rosa goat scene in the VN, the text "When the seagulls cry, there are no survivors" appears, further implying that Maria and Rosa were killed.

It would have been nice to have been shown that Rosa had died. I just assumed that it was the Beatrice on that game board in the dress. As someone unfamiliar with the VN, I had no reason to know that Rosa had already died.

kaena said:
its the meta world

Kanon was talking and interacting with Genji and the servants earlier in the game, so that's not a good reason. Magic is supposed to exist, so I wrote it off as another of those dumb moments.

Since I was given no clear cues that we were in the Meta world, I thought we were still on the game board. The director skipped over the moments that would have allowed the viewer to know we were at the tea party.
Sep 15, 2009 6:16 PM
Mar 2009
noteDhero said:
MarthX said:

It would have been nice to have been shown that Rosa had died. I just assumed that it was the Beatrice on that game board in the dress. As someone unfamiliar with the VN, I had no reason to know that Rosa had already died.

kaena said:
its the meta world

Kanon was talking and interacting with Genji and the servants earlier in the game, so that's not a good reason. Magic is supposed to exist, so I wrote it off as another of those dumb moments.

Since I was given no clear cues that we were in the Meta world, I thought we were still on the game board. The director skipped over the moments that would have allowed the viewer to know we were at the tea party.

Yeah that brings me back to my post from earlier stating they should have included Maria and Rosa dying anyway, instead they leave some sort of a cliffhanger bringing up the question what really happened there. I'm guessing they cut some of that scene out to save time, but it still would have been better if they had included the text "When the seagulls cry, there are no survivors." before shifting to the Meta-World.
Sep 15, 2009 6:23 PM
Dec 2008
yes they shouldve made it more obvious that it shifted to teh meta world.
ive talked to many ppl who just dont take it as a given that they were still on teh game board.

the Kanon talking to Genji and the otehrs earlier was not Kanon. it was a servant of Beatrice. it is basically the same as one of the goats with a Kanon face.
Sep 15, 2009 6:24 PM
Jul 2008
PsychFreak said:
noteDhero said:
MarthX said:

kaena said:
its the meta world

Yeah that brings me back to my post from earlier stating they should have included Maria and Rosa dying anyway, instead they leave some sort of a cliffhanger bringing up the question what really happened there. I'm guessing they cut some of that scene out to save time, but it still would have been better if they had included the text "When the seagulls cry, there are no survivors." before shifting to the Meta-World.
It would probably cause plot holes if they actually showed them being killed. It was heavily implied, but it says "missing" in the VN, same for the first game ending.
Sep 15, 2009 6:29 PM

Aug 2008
kaena said:
yes they shouldve made it more obvious that it shifted to teh meta world.
ive talked to many ppl who just dont take it as a given that they were still on teh game board.

the Kanon talking to Genji and the otehrs earlier was not Kanon. it was a servant of Beatrice. it is basically the same as one of the goats with a Kanon face.

So why wouldn't I think it was something along the same lines here since I already saw Maria die, and Rosa unharmed. The point is that it's a major plot hole. I probably should haver remembered Psych's post before saying it again.

HypnoInsanity said:

It would probably cause plot holes if they actually showed them being killed. It was heavily implied, but it says "missing" in the VN, same for the first game ending.

It's a bigger plothole to not address the death of the most suspicious character in the series.
Sep 15, 2009 6:39 PM
Mar 2009
@HypnoInsanity: In the VN it says Rosa was killed by demons and went to hell, now whether or not you decide she was killed that way is up to you, but it's still heavily implied she and Maria were dead in the end even though they were labeled as "missing". But like I said earlier, this part of the episode wouldn't be as much of a problem if they had stated like in the VN that no one survives in the end.
Sep 15, 2009 6:40 PM
Dec 2008
hmm i still think u dont get the point.
-Everyone in the second arc world died. Everyone DIED. No one was unharmed
-Rosa wakes up in the meta world, just as Battler, George,Jessica,Kanon,Shannon, and Maria had in the end of the first arc
-Beatrice can do anything she wihses in the meta world, since her existence in the meta world is accepted, even by meta battler, who only cares about her existence in the real world
-Beatrice just decides to freak out only Rosa for some unknown reason.prolly somethign she decided to do impulsively.so she makes weird food made of Rosa's family
-Whether or not Rosa was harmed in the meta world doesnt matter since Beatrice can make anyone die and comeback to life and kill them again in the meta world
-Meta Battler exists in the meta world, so he can just pop up.
-Fake Kanon took place in the real world so it doesnt even matter in the meta world
Sep 15, 2009 6:48 PM

Aug 2008
What's the point you're trying to make?

Basically, nothing happened in the same manner as the first arc, and since there were no cues to the viewer, not even Rosa's death, how were the uninformed to know that Rosa had died and we were in the meta world? It's a non-existent transition which is very bad considering the show is dependent on them so much.

I'm saying that since I saw a fake Kanon during the game, I figured the same thing was happening with Maria. At that point, what did I have to go off of that we were in the Meta world? Nothing. There were no indications that a transition had been made.
Sep 15, 2009 6:52 PM
Dec 2008
well all im trying to say is the battler in the tea party scene was meta battler, since that is the original question i think. i was just tryign to prove that scene was in teh meta world.
its true taht the anime makes it unclear that they have shifted to the meta world.
i just assumed a mid aged woman and a young girl would definitely get killed if goats chased them and surrounded them
Sep 15, 2009 6:54 PM
Mar 2009
This is what they state about Rosa's and Maria's fate at the end of EP2 in the TIPS. It might be helpful.

Sep 15, 2009 6:56 PM
Jul 2008
PsychFreak said:
@HypnoInsanity: In the VN it says Rosa was killed by demons and went to hell, now whether or not you decide she was killed that way is up to you, but it's still heavily implied she and Maria were dead in the end even though they were labeled as "missing". But like I said earlier, this part of the episode wouldn't be as much of a problem if they had stated like in the VN that no one survives in the end.
Yeah, even though it says that in the VN, I think the fact that no body was ever found is a big clue itself. I always thought of the descriptions as being more metaphorical than anything.
Sep 15, 2009 7:01 PM

Jun 2007
The VN doesn't show Rosa or Maria dying either. I see a lot of VN readers mistake that it does. It doesn't. They're surrounded and supposedly attacked then the screen cuts to "When the seagulls cry, there are no survivors" It doesn't show them being eaten like it did for Kinzo and Battler. The VN doesn't show Genji dying either. It doesn't even show him being attacked. After he introduces Beatrice to the Banquet, you never hear from him again for the rest of the Episode.

I have no doubt that the Tea Party took place in the Meta World. Even though there's no solid proof that it did.
Sep 15, 2009 7:14 PM
Mar 2009
MarthX said:
The VN doesn't show Rosa or Maria dying either. I see a lot of VN readers mistake that it does. It doesn't. They're surrounded and supposedly attacked then the screen cuts to "When the seagulls cry, there are no survivors" It doesn't show them being eaten like it did for Kinzo and Battler. The VN doesn't show Genji dying either. It doesn't even show him being attacked. After he introduces Beatrice to the Banquet, you never hear from him again for the rest of the Episode.

I have no doubt that the Tea Party took place in the Meta World. Even though there's no solid proof that it did.

Yes, this was the point I was trying to make, if they had included "When the seagulls cry, no one is left alive.", it would have helped anime-only watchers understand this episode a bit more. Now I can't say there might be a meaning behind it applying to some people but it is still a helpful part to show the transition between that world and the Meta-World. At this point, I still assumed Maria and Rosa died anyway, just not in the manners they were described.

HaiShangSep 15, 2009 7:30 PM
Sep 15, 2009 7:31 PM

Jun 2007
Is guesswork possible or impossible in Umineko no Naku Koro ni?

The genre of this work is probably a serial murder mystery.

However, that does not guarantee that reasoning and guesswork are possible.

Those who enjoy stupid puzzles that are made to be solved can leave now.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni is the worst kind of tale, created without any intention of letting all of
you solve it.

However, to all of the worst kinds of people, who hear that and just want to challenge it more,
welcome.

I am myself sending out this tale to make these worst kinds of people surrender.

No matter what kinds of strange events occur, all of you will try to explain it with humans and tricks,
and deny all mysteries, as the worst kind of human supremacists.

Please, try to explain each one of the many baffling cases with humans and tricks as best you can.

I want to see how far I can penetrate everyone's human supremacy.

The culprit is a witch. All alibis and tricks are magic.

This is not a mystery, but fantasy!

I want to see you surrender and say that while crying bitter tears.

I do not expect a line of reasoning leading to the truth to appear.

I want to find out just how many people can deny the witch until the very end and maintain a 'human
culprit theory'.

In short, this is a tale of a battle between humans and witches.

Serial Murder Illusions, "Umineko no Naku koro ni"

This is a sound novel without choices, where you search for the truth yourself.

Is guesswork possible, or impossible?

Will you surrender to the witch, or stand up and face her?

How you enjoy it is up to you.
Sep 15, 2009 8:03 PM

Jan 2009
noteDhero said:
So pretentious.

Yeah, Beatrice is kind of a Large Ham.

Pretty sure the TIPS in the novel say Genji was eaten as well... but no scene indeed.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» A(No-Other) Psychoanalytic Take on Umineko no Naku Koro ni

rawruwu - Oct 13

0 by rawruwu »»
Oct 13, 7:06 PM

» I want to watch it but...

cvbnm07 - Oct 12

7 by cvbnm07 »»
Oct 13, 11:23 AM

» What is this and why do people say this is a sequel to Higurashi?

Asudox - Nov 26, 2023

13 by Asudox »»
Oct 10, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

antidentite - Jul 15, 2009

215 by BlackStar_24 »»
Sep 29, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sii_Kei - Jul 8, 2009

312 by BlackStar_24 »»
Sep 29, 4:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.