Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Mar 26, 2014 7:30 AM
Jan 2011
Can anyone tell me WTF happened?
Mar 26, 2014 7:31 AM
May 2012
COME ON, Hama. You'll piss me off until the end.
For everyone asking for a 2nd season, ain't you for getting that it's a mixed project, and that there is also a 3DS game incoming. I believe this will be the sequel.
About the episode...
-Oh, come on. Stop trying to be light hearted and dark at the same time, Hamatora. It doesn't work.
-The forbidden minimum power was pretty cool after all. The final fight reminded me a bit of a Dio vs Jojo in Stardust Crusaders, even though the execution feels rushed.
-Hey, thanks for nothing, Uselessjime!
-And God, this ending... Why this ending? WHY???
I shall edit my review this Friday to speak fondly of what I consider to be the first true disappointment of this year.
Edit : WORST. EVIL ROBOT DESIGN. EVAH.
Sayuko01Mar 26, 2014 7:34 AM
Mar 26, 2014 7:34 AM

Jul 2011
my favorite character was art. AND WOW. i am like speechless.
I'm guessing that probably isn't Art for some reason. He normally
holds his guns with two hands but he was only using one hand at
the end. It might just be me thinking too much lol.

STILLL YYYY ART YYYY. I NEED SEASON 2 RIGHT NOW ;A;
Mar 26, 2014 8:10 AM

May 2010
BS why would they do a cliff hanger right there?!
Mar 26, 2014 8:53 AM

Mar 2014
If anyone noticed it or not
During the ending song Hamatora Ep. 12 @ 22:09, images of them appeared but in Ep. 1 - 11 shows nothing

Correct me if Im wrong from left is Art then Murasaki then Nice ?

If Murasaki is in the middle then its kinda weird with a sudden changed of personality

If not then its Art's brother ?
Mar 26, 2014 9:15 AM
Oct 2013
What? Why? Seriously? Leaving so many things unresolved and expect people to wait for S2?
Mar 26, 2014 9:22 AM

Aug 2012
Disappointed in Hajime's role this episode after episode 11's ending.
I liked the characters but overall, it could have been better.
6/10
Mar 26, 2014 9:32 AM

Oct 2013
ART PLS.
7/10
Wish for better animation next season and more rememberable osts so i can pump this to a 9.
Oh,and maybe a little more screentime for the rest of Hamatora.
Mar 26, 2014 9:43 AM

Dec 2011
xiety10 said:
If anyone noticed it or not
During the ending song Hamatora Ep. 12 @ 22:09, images of them appeared but in Ep. 1 - 11 shows nothing

Correct me if Im wrong from left is Art then Murasaki then Nice ?

If Murasaki is in the middle then its kinda weird with a sudden changed of personality

If not then its Art's brother ?

Given the jacket, I'm assuming it's Art's brother?
I was expecting an inconclusive ending because they couldn't have wrapped up all the loose ends in one episode. A bit infuriated at the cliffhanger, but I'm invested enough into the series to watch season 2, just to see how everything ends. :\
Mar 26, 2014 11:09 AM
May 2013
Reading the comments, it seems that too many people are treating this episode as an ending. To me, that's the wrong sentiment to have here. We're only halfway through the story, and another chapter had a cliffhanger. Overall, I enjoyed the show so far (8/10). I'm not going to let one chapter (episode) like this bring down the total score so much (as I saw in the previous pages).
Mar 26, 2014 1:14 PM
Feb 2013
OH FUCK! Art is alive and did he just shot Nice?
Mar 26, 2014 1:54 PM

Feb 2010
Stark700 said:
Yeah, Season 2 with the "To be continued". ;o

Is it confirmed? This being a mixed-media project could just mean that the continuation is in another medium, like manga, LN or game.
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 26, 2014 2:07 PM

Jul 2013
FrozenRemains said:
ART PLS.
7/10
Wish for better animation next season and more rememberable osts so i can pump this to a 9.
Oh,and maybe a little more screentime for the rest of Hamatora.

I thought the animation was pretty bad in this anime too, maybe if they shows the fast version of fights then the slow version of it probably would of made the fights more bad-ass but the concept was pretty interesting though

YES Hajime-chan needs more screen time, I'm curiosity about her power plus she's cool so
Mar 26, 2014 2:31 PM

May 2008
Didn't really have a "last episodish" feel to it at all, though quite understandable if this is gonna be continued anyways, so this was only a part of a whole :P

This was good enough to keep me semi-interested about a second season :)
Mar 26, 2014 3:13 PM

Jun 2008
Did the producers finally realize that this anime was boring and had to spice things up a little? XD
Mar 26, 2014 3:50 PM
Oct 2009
OMG, didn't see that one coming, specially since Art's seemed to have come to terms with his lack of a Minimun hability. Though when he came with that gentle-psycho look it was kinda obvious wich course the scene was going to take xD

Maybe he found a way to deactivate a Minimun and that's why he tried to shoot Nice? Ok, lame theory.

A second season would be nice, there's a lot of plot material to develop (other characters' pasts and habilities, Facultas academy and Nice's circumstances... etc), looking forward to it.

7/10
Mar 26, 2014 5:14 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Just because it says "to be continued" doesn't mean that its confirmed to actually be continued. Like Higashi said, it could be continued with the game/etc. Anyway, this series started off decent, but was terrible in the middle and terrible in the end. 4/10
Mar 26, 2014 5:38 PM

Dec 2008
Whoa! You can't end the season with that kind of cliffhanger!!! I'll die!! Art, what the fuck are you doing?!

Glad Moral is dead. He stopped making sense two episodes ago.

I would've loved to have seen Hajime go berserk a little longer. Hopefully, the second season will show us more of that.

Season 2 should also have more Ratio!!

Sent with Mal Updater
Hannah_AnaMar 26, 2014 5:47 PM
Mar 26, 2014 6:20 PM
Feb 2014
In a earlier post a picture was posted showing Nice, Art and Arts brother. It was also pointed out on how Art shoots with both of his hands

Could it be possible that the guy in the end wasn't really art? It was his brother? No information has been given ( at least none that I can recall) on Arts brother and how he died or if his body was even found.

Its also a good point to bring up the time that Moral whispered in Arts ear. Is it possible that Moral did some type of an experiment concerning the two brothers?

I was thinking about it what was the true purpose of killing art if he doesn't need to kill someone to take their form ( as seen with the old inspector guy). Honestly after cooling down and thinking about it. The end of this episode leaves me with many questions. And when it comes down to it. I don't think that guy in the end was Art. Especially since moral kept saying art was dead. Unless a previous post was right and the girl helping out Moral actually didn't do what Moral asked.

With all that said I am excited for the second season. Does anyone know how to look up for get ahold of that type of info when its released?
Btw I don't believe Nice is dead. We never actually saw the shooting ( tho it was implied) Nice could have reacted in time
Mar 26, 2014 6:29 PM
Aug 2012
saw art coming but to do tht never tho i new it wld continue as the old cop hasn't made any moves yet tho with someone as fast as nice shooting him point blank cld be an inside joke as it wld never hit him. speaking of nice does his power change the speed of his surroundings as well as him self like morals teleportation area effect.
Mar 26, 2014 7:35 PM

Jun 2012
KingYoshi said:
Just because it says "to be continued" doesn't mean that its confirmed to actually be continued. Like Higashi said, it could be continued with the game/etc. Anyway, this series started off decent, but was terrible in the middle and terrible in the end. 4/10
That's pretty much the feeling I have with this. I got really bored after a while.
Mar 26, 2014 8:39 PM
Jul 2018
What if Art didn't shoot Nice but Moral again because he was still alive?
Mar 27, 2014 12:49 AM

Dec 2012
so Art has finally showed his true colors? or was he swayed by Moral's views? to end a season with a cliffhanger...not bad, i guess... xD

don't worry, i know IMG tags are turned off...i'm just lazy to change my sig... xD
Mar 27, 2014 1:14 AM

Jun 2011
Decent series. The series was seriously lacking development and proper explanation of their powers. Like whats Ratio real ability? The eye? if so whats with that golden arm thingy. Needed to tell the backstory how Art's brother too.

Ost's were ok, especially love the beat of Nice's headphones. OP and ED were nth impressive though.

7/10
Mar 27, 2014 3:38 AM

Nov 2009
Damn that cliffhanger.

It's so sad that Murasaki is not getting the credit he should have.

Is it just me or that hacker girl had features like Hajime's?
Mar 27, 2014 3:58 AM

Jul 2012
Why make us wait for another season? They should have just ended it in one season.

I don't really want a second season but.. I'll watch it just to see what happened to Art. At least they should make the sequel much better than this one.
Mar 27, 2014 6:14 AM
Mar 2014
I liked the anime overall, it kept my interest, and it didnt really have any points I can remember that were bad. However, I think cliffhanger endings completely ruin everything, and to be honest that is a very shitty cliffhanger ending. If I wanted to be this confused by cliffhangers, I'd just watch Lost again.
Mar 27, 2014 6:43 AM

May 2010
Moral is so annoying seriously... Thanks God, he got smacked, not that I am fond of Nice-kun either but at least he did the job. Moral is a big M, nothing else.

So Art is alive? What the hell just happened?

Seaso 2? Thanks but no thanks, I had enough.

6/10 coz the show was promising for the first half.
Mar 27, 2014 7:04 AM

Jun 2012
Wtf? We definitely need a season 2. Damn that was sick.
Mar 27, 2014 9:22 AM

Jun 2013
What... the.. hell.. was that?.......
Can't believe that Moral actually died so easily.
And why do I feel that Art wasn't being himself...?
Did Moral put half of his soul or smth into Art's body LOL

If Nice really got shot.... well, BYE
Mar 27, 2014 10:40 AM
Jan 2014
i am so much happy about tht art finally come back and they can deafet moral
i seen the last moment but i still beleve in art
many people coule think tht art is bad
but i'm still think tht he is good
we still dont know many thing
was he really shoot nice
or was tht the real art
we still dont know
jst watch wht'll heppen
hamatora'll be contune
i still bieleve art
Mar 27, 2014 12:04 PM

Apr 2011
I was so happy this is the last ep of this crap.. and here season 2 -.- Time to fight my OCD and drop it before it starts..
Mar 27, 2014 12:25 PM
Dec 2012
why why I have to wait
Mar 27, 2014 12:29 PM
Dec 2012
hibiki why wasn't he an episode he was a manga exclusive did they skip over his arc entirely actually why isnt most of this series in the manga its so different
I don't read manga
Mar 27, 2014 1:57 PM

Oct 2009
LAAAAAAAAAAAAME. <--This pretty much sums up what I have to say about the series as a whole.

Predictable as hell, I was expecting Art to turn out to be evil somehow..

That being said I will probably try out the next season...

So this is a split-cour? Seems like almost every anime is split-cour now.

5/10 and I am being generous with that lame ass finale.
Mar 27, 2014 3:45 PM

Nov 2010
Last time I saw a unexpected betrayal ending with "Continued in S2" it was Panty and Stocking, and look what happened there.

ech. 1/10 for the ending, 7/10 for the show overall.
Mar 27, 2014 3:51 PM

Jul 2012
Wow, I can't believe they ended the last episode like that. I need a conclusion ASAP.

Started out as a cool show with interesting mysteries and an underlying big plot. But as time went on, they threw in filler episodes (specifically the gay idol and beach tournament ep) which were really pointless in a one cour show, and then they threw in random side character-centric episodes (like Three's ep) which were okay but not good for a one cour show.......

Anyway, I would rant more but I gotta finish the other Thursday shows. TLDR: Had potential as well as a nice style but major pacing issues, clustered execution and filler ruined it. Lack of good characters or development. Also, I couldn't take this show seriously because it was trying to be funny and light when it should have been focusing on the underlying plot. Plus, I didn't like the villain at all.

Will watch sequel for sure. I didn't dislike this show. It was still a nice ride.

TragicRomance said:
6/10 coz the show was promising for the first half.

^ Exactly. My final rating is still swaying between a 5 and 6 tho.
Mar 27, 2014 4:45 PM

Apr 2013
Oh shit they gave us a S1 code geass type of ending. I knew Art was about to betray Nice when he just shot Morel like that.
Mar 27, 2014 5:44 PM

Apr 2012
Cliffhanger ending, seriously? -.-
Mar 27, 2014 11:08 PM

May 2012
wtf? it felt like they rushed everything in the end and then dropped off
Mar 28, 2014 12:42 AM

Jan 2011
Oh go eff yourself Hamatora. I watch 12 episodes of crap and then you drop a tbc on me. Seriously...this gets a second season. Shit now I have to struggle with the to watch or not to watch dilemma. My confidence of a better S2 is low.
Holmes15 said:
Oh shit they gave us a S1 code geass type of ending. I knew Art was about to betray Nice when he just shot Morel like that.

Don't even drop Geass's name in relevance to this shit.
Mar 28, 2014 4:30 AM
Mar 2014
i bet what Moral said to Art is that all of his doing is being funded by his twin brother.

I don't think an ex-researcher have all the necessary fund to do all of his operation thingy.

well, the producer show a glimpse of hajime power so maybe the protag in S2 will be Hajime and some of her past with Nice kun ?? and also, the reason Nice kun dropped out from the academy is still not explained so maybe there is connection with what happen to art twin brother?? and possible with how he close to Hajime?? and i wonder even hajime is an academy student because she have normal name for a japanese (or Hajime as Beginning??) while the other students have english code name.

well, either there will be S2 or another from of continuation for this series only time will tell
Mar 28, 2014 8:16 AM
Oct 2011
Pretty sure the hacker lady helped Art recover.There was a scene where she was next to a bed in her house with someone that seemed to be Art.

I think Art wants to kill Nice since he thinks he is very similar Moral. Hence why he didn't want them to meet. So to avoid the same craziness with Moral, he kills Nice as a precaution.

That or hacker lady hacks arts brain.

There is also whatever Moral told Art just before he shot him 5 times. What ever he told him might have made him want to kill Nice.
Mar 28, 2014 9:44 AM

Oct 2011
I think the reason why Art wants to kill Nice because he has his brother's brain/minimum power. I believe Art's brother couldn't activate his powers so Moral kills him and places it in Nice. Since Nice had the top scores. With Art brother's brain in him, that also transferred his personality too maybe? Both dress the same way.
Mar 28, 2014 10:57 AM

Aug 2013
OMG DAT ending left me excited >_< can;t wait S2 :"|
8/10

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Mar 28, 2014 1:06 PM

Dec 2009
WHATWHATWHAT. THIS KIND OF ENDING.
Mar 28, 2014 2:46 PM

Feb 2014
The only good thing I found about this episode was when when everyone was texting Nice to not give up and he threw his phone away. And the fighting scenes.

What the heck was up with that ending?!?! I expected Art to come back and for Moral to die(Thank Goodness!), but not to kill Nice(Maybe...).

Considering how the anime was going downhill from when Art died, they've could have at least ended happily to please fans. But no, Hamatora gets a cliffhanger.

I don't want to watch Season 2 because they are really dragging this on. But I want to see why Art is acting this way and killing the protagonist(Maybe...), so meh for me.
nanoflowerMar 28, 2014 2:50 PM
Mar 28, 2014 3:07 PM
Jul 2018
I knew something was off when Art appeared, i wasn't off-guard at all when that ending happened but still... wow. Fuck, another cliffhanger end.. Countless theories are on my head now...
Season 2 confirmed. Cool.
7.5/10
Mar 28, 2014 4:11 PM

Jul 2012
So I wait an entire season for Hajime to do something and she gets 2 seconds!

Cliffhanger ending but not sure if I care enough to watch another season/continuation.
I do want to know the deal with Art though.

Started off promising but ended up being mediocre. It has some good moments but it was overall too roundabout and dragged out. Took forever to get to the main plot and when it did, it was rushed.
The end felt very fast.

Poor execution killed it. 6/10.
Mar 28, 2014 7:34 PM

Jul 2009
WHAT?!
Why Art did that? Well, will need to wait until season 2 starts... 7/10
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hamatora The Animation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2014

105 by Destroyer31 »»
Aug 22, 2023 7:26 PM

Poll: » Hamatora The Animation Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2014

133 by enterlowa »»
Aug 2, 2023 3:47 AM

» Does anyone else think this anime is very shallow?

7EJh77b - Dec 7, 2015

4 by BreakApart »»
Sep 3, 2022 11:44 AM

» Worth Watching?

_txhsin__ - Jun 1, 2022

8 by Kibbi500 »»
Jun 3, 2022 9:46 AM

Poll: » Hamatora The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2014

221 by HorikitaNemesis »»
Nov 18, 2020 4:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.