Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 29, 2021 10:48 AM

Jul 2019
Game is released and Kyouya and his gang are reaping the benefits of success. But Tsurayuki is deeply caught in his principles of being creatively independent and he can't work along Kyouya anymore. And it was here that the future took a completely different direction while Kyouya is psyching out.

Uhm, Keiko is the Guardian of Time or some shit? Creepy seconds of her late episode's screentime.

Imagine that you woke up and you had a wife and daughter, although you fell asleep as a single loser. I'm non-illusory intrigued by this ending because up to this point everything was going extremely clichéd.
Aug 29, 2021 12:19 PM

Dec 2016
PiyushSan said:
Wasn't that just Keiko's voice?

No. Her mouth was closed when this sound appeared.
Aug 29, 2021 12:27 PM

Feb 2014
I must admit, I knew that Kyouya was doing his best to help everyone out a lot and that I thought that the others were relying on him too much, but I didn't think any more than that since Kyouya's success with everyone was great. Because of that, Tsurayuki's admission to Kyouya that he was going to drop out of college caught me by surprise.

Having this happen to Kyouya after the success of getting the doujin game out on time must've felt like a kick to the stomach. His involvement of getting a new chance to make his life better has come at the cost of having one of the "future" platinum generation talent completely abandon his goal. Not only that, but Tsurayuki revealing Kyouya that his pen name of Kawagoe Kyoichi was named in relation of Kyouya must've hurt him even more.

After that, things got even weirder. Along came Keiko, but her eyes and words that came out of her mouth made no sense to Kyouya before he woke up 12 years later in 2018. The final shock to him after finding out that he jumped 12 years into the future was that he married Shinoaki and had a daughter with her. As a fan of Nanako, this does hurt me a bit, but so be it, I suppose. =(

It gives off a feeling of the butterfly effect, which gives me the vibes from Steins;Gate, so I highly look forward to seeing what happens next. I don't expect the drama to ease off just yet, that's for sure.
Aug 29, 2021 2:27 PM

Mar 2013
Aaaa I knew something bad was about to happen seeing how the anime was dropping those hints throughout the ep and all of everything before. The plot twist made sense. But what was the pink haired loli doing there and acting all sus? Also on a side note, isn't she voiced by the same VA who voices Jahy?

Felt bad for Nanako as I saw the time leap into the future.
Aug 29, 2021 3:30 PM
Jun 2015
So... this kind of development is exactly what I was praying for (Kyoya + Shinoaki). But if you take a moment and think about it. Kyoya didn't ruin anyone's future. Sure, he made it so that Tsurayuki never became a famous game dev, but he still has a guaranteed future and wealth from his family and fiancee. And Nanako was still going to end up singing anyways. And if Shinoaki's future was also changed, I'm sure it's a future Shinoaki would greatly prefer over just being a famous game dev. And of course, Kyoya is probably gonna think he wrongly changed Shinoaki's future as well, even though she definitely had a say in it, and made her own choice.

I suppose it's a matter of perspective. As far as Kyoya is concerned, he made changes he feels he shouldn't have. But from the perspectives of the characters whose futures he affected, it seems like it all worked out fine.

Maybe Tsurayuki became wealthier returning to his family, possibly becoming a doctor. Maybe Tsurayuki found inspiration to become a doctor, rather than only follow his parents' footsteps.

Nanako definitely became a singer because of Kyoya (without him, how could she have originally?) And even if she didn't end up successful, it isn't Kyoya's fault.

Basically, I'm afraid Kyoya is gonna take this future the wrong way and think he doesn't deserve it. I think he does.

And the implication that he'd erase an innocent child (his daughter) to undo this future is too much. There's no way Kyoya would undo it.
Aug 29, 2021 8:48 PM

Nov 2017
NaughtySempai said:
So shino Aki won
But that's also confirms that she lost too
Cuz if inevitable that kyouka will try to do time leap in past again to stop meddling in platinum era that's what will lead him to make distance between himself and his friends....
But.....
That red haired girl( I forgot name lol)
Is not a part of platinum era so kyouka will feel safe and will become more close to her leading to develop feelings for her.....

All of this is what I am predicting this not a Spoiler Just my imagination

Since i watched lot of Time travel movies (most of them are crap),
Your prediction are nearly correct....
If kyoya need to remake AGAIN... he must do the same thing to Kitayama team until 3 first episode...
Now Loading.....
Aug 29, 2021 9:49 PM
Aug 2020
Aversa said:
The choices of the past reflect on the future but something tells me that someone or something is just messing with the main for the time being.
I am guessing we might see a retry or at least another trip back in time with different result it might even take the same approach as a game.
If i retry happens again it might be like a route and this one was the Shino Aki route my guess is that next time we will get a Nanako or a Eiko route.
At least that's my theory.
yes, i thought so too but this plot twist really freaked me out
Aug 30, 2021 2:00 AM

Oct 2008
OMG! is this episode supposed to be a twist?
now our MC went forward to the future and his waifu is of course Shikoaki! and he even has a daughter as cute and adorable as his waifu!
5/5!

Aug 30, 2021 2:01 AM

Jul 2017
bondtux said:
T
Yisus_of_Hentai said:
Am I the only one who thinks this plot twist doesn't make any sense? Am I wrong when I think it opens some plot holes? Is it cause I am an anime only? ._.

Its not plot hole if the story still on going... its called plot hole if the story have been ended and yet something is remain unexplained.

Well yes, I get that, but I don't know how they are going to explain that Tsurayuki's pen name is Kawagoe Kyoichi in both timelines, given that it is that one specifically for Kyoya's influence. If Kyoya had 0 influence to the 3 artists in the other timeline how come he had that pen name? That's what bugs me...
Aug 30, 2021 3:04 AM
May 2018
At the beginning I was questioning why i watched this regular slice of life anime, because how the anime is so predictable with no twist or some sort.

At the middle when tsurayuki was confessing his retirement I was like “welp, on that thought maybe Ill keep watching this, since theres actually some drama in it”

At the end, oh boy I know i must watch this to the end to see the outcome. That cliffhanger tho, can this week go faster?

Beat episode so far, period.
Aug 30, 2021 4:24 AM

Oct 2013
We have achieved the best route:

end the show here!
Aug 30, 2021 4:35 AM

Jan 2020
Damn, I felt it when kyouya started to cry in the rain, and I heard a steins gate sound in my head when he woke up in the future lol. I hope he manages to find his steins gate timeline too, and his kurisu.
Aug 30, 2021 6:30 AM
Sep 2014
It's kinda impossible to see a twist coming when only the episode it happens foreshadow this direction.

At least MC was finally punished, even thought it was too sudden.
Aug 30, 2021 6:42 AM
Mar 2012
omg some major twists.
Thought their game would fail, then mc sounded reasonable as commercial products face compromises to hit that deadline, & they truely worked hard. His team keeps over-praising mc for many episodes like a self-sulfilling dream (maybe it is...?).
That self aware fist-clench shot Shinoaki loved got rejected, lol Kyouya didnt even realize that's his self insert.
Really sad our writer got demoralized, that big Kyou-ichi pen name reveal, some timeline mess been happening even before mc arrived.
So Keiko's the Mahou Shoujo of Time? wait he just leapt 12 years forward??
Lol mc asked 'who are you?' same situation as his first scene with Shinoaki. And that reveal almost echoes a supposed Rem family...
Aug 30, 2021 7:04 AM
Dec 2020
thebrentinator24 said:
The golden rule of time travel, that you see in literally every piece of media that revolves around the subject: NEVER MESS WITH THE PAST.

Unless it's Dragon Ball or Avengers: Endgame, where messing with the past simply creates different timelines and doesn't affect the present/future whatsoever.
Aug 30, 2021 8:08 AM

Oct 2018
Keiko is weird :o who is she really ?
Aug 30, 2021 1:36 PM

Aug 2015
Takemichi really messed up this time

Aug 31, 2021 1:03 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Haha this is where all the fun starts, after screwing everything with the previous timeline he sees the result of it (and well Kyoya x ShinoAki happened here + daughter) but he'll soon discover everything that changed in 10 years with that new future...
Aug 31, 2021 3:29 AM

Nov 2012
Damn, I wanted to punch Kyouya so hard. I even was hoping for him to hit the floor so hard when they were celebrating and apologize for making them do what he said and not what they needed to do.

I get that priorizing time and finishing the job over their creative development, but I was so piss off everytime he said "this is for Tsurayuki" while he only cared about finishing the game in time, even when he made them do what he said and not what they could do as artists.

Of course, as a viewer, you saw the situation in the easier place.

Hope Kyouya learns about his mistake and comes back to fix the timeline.

My Candies:

Aug 31, 2021 5:53 AM

May 2018
oh shit did Kyouya fuck up his timeline xD

well at least we know who he ended up with now
Aug 31, 2021 5:58 AM

May 2018
Master_Malcolm said:
Absolutely mind-blowing ending can't wait to see what happens in the next episode this is one of the few isekai I actually love and it keeps getting better and better.

but is it really an isekai if he is still in the same world but a different time line?
Aug 31, 2021 6:01 AM
Aug 2020
Byniavo said:
Master_Malcolm said:
Absolutely mind-blowing ending can't wait to see what happens in the next episode this is one of the few isekai I actually love and it keeps getting better and better.

but is it really an isekai if he is still in the same world but a different timeline?

I'd say it is as the main point of Isekai is traveling to an unfamiliar environment by otherworldly means
Aug 31, 2021 6:31 AM

Dec 2020
yk what tsurayuki, maybe if you downloaded grammarly this wouldn't have happened. should've listened to the youtube ads mate
Aug 31, 2021 8:03 AM

Feb 2021
When Kyouya keeps on going 'this is for their sake' and 'Tsurayuki needs us' I know things gonna go south. This anime always keeps me at the edge of my seat every week.

Edit: I wish Kyouya did punch that Tsurayuki. That dude has been annoying for quite some time now.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Aug 31, 2021 8:05 AM

Feb 2021
knktzvra said:
Damn, I wanted to punch Kyouya so hard. I even was hoping for him to hit the floor so hard when they were celebrating and apologize for making them do what he said and not what they needed to do.

I get that priorizing time and finishing the job over their creative development, but I was so piss off everytime he said "this is for Tsurayuki" while he only cared about finishing the game in time, even when he made them do what he said and not what they could do as artists.

I'm more pissed at Tsurayuki. Dude just can't take what he thinks does not fit and argues a lot with Kyouya. I get that as a writer or anything he has a pride in what he's doing, but it still pisses me off.

Everyone is doing their best for him and he shows that attitude.

Aug 31, 2021 8:07 AM

Feb 2021
KOTFTW said:

end the show here!
Agreed. This is canon ending for me. End it in its peak and this will be perfect.

Aug 31, 2021 10:37 AM

Aug 2018
Ah, I expected their game to be failure, which would then bring some drama (I feel like this show misses a bit of drama/negative events to be fair).

Looks like they managed to surprise me with this twist ! Or maybe, it's just Kyoya having a dream while being on the ground, outside the rain. Would I prefer this storyline ? Probably yeah, but it surely makes me impatient to watch the next episode.
Aug 31, 2021 9:48 PM

Nov 2012
Yuu_Kanzaki said:
knktzvra said:

I'm more pissed at Tsurayuki. Dude just can't take what he thinks does not fit and argues a lot with Kyouya. I get that as a writer or anything he has a pride in what he's doing, but it still pisses me off.

Everyone is doing their best for him and he shows that attitude.

I feel you, he's kinda weak at that, also his idea of not losing at writing against anyone is not the most logical thing if he had the problems last eps showed us, dropping the U was a hard hit but I think its overdramatic.

My Candies:

Sep 1, 2021 6:40 AM

Nov 2017
Yisus_of_Hentai said:

Well yes, I get that, but I don't know how they are going to explain that Tsurayuki's pen name is Kawagoe Kyoichi in both timelines, given that it is that one specifically for Kyoya's influence. If Kyoya had 0 influence to the 3 artists in the other timeline how come he had that pen name? That's what bugs me...

- Its okay, it bugs me too... aslong its still ongoing, they must explain it later..
Now Loading.....
Sep 1, 2021 7:17 AM

Mar 2017
really confusing waking up already have a child.
Sep 2, 2021 6:16 AM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
Based on what happened with Tsurayuki and marrying/having a kid with Shinoaki, it looks like Kyoya messed up both of their futures of becoming a part of the Platinum Generation.

I think by forcing Tsurayuki to write differently to how he would want and also presenting him with ideas of stuff he had written in the future himself, he messed up Tsurayuki's desire to become a writer by making him believe he wasn't good enough by himself, and therefore his future. From the looks of it, he also messed up Shinoaki's future by marrying her and having a kid together. I imagine the next episode will show how they simply settled down together and she never became an artist for the Platinum Generation. I guess we'll also see if he also affected Nanako's future as a singer too.

With how time travel anime like this works, I imagine he'll get another chance at it. I just hope he makes different decisions when he is with them that will aid their future, rather than hinder it, and he doesn't just isolate his desire to become a creator in order to not ruin their futures again.
Sep 2, 2021 9:24 AM

Sep 2019
For the past frickin 8 episodes i've always thought that something's off and there must be some sort of plot twist even if everything seems to go smoothly. I've had my doubts but since it had been airing halfway through the season i thought that this is just how the anime is. It felt generic and my impression of it was just another time travel anime where the mc come and save the day by fixing everything through his knowledge from 10 years ahead. But then this episode came out and everything played out just as i was expecting up till now. I thought the anime would stay as your regular slice of life drama from beginning till the end but this episode proved otherwise. It actually cares about its time travel premise. I thought it'd stay oblivious and just leave everything with a happy ending. But NOPE. It'd be even better if kyouya travels into many different timelines and actually realize what had gone wrong in each decision he made. But that can't possibly be true since there's only like 4 more episode before this ends. Unless there's a season 2 i doubt if it'd stretch its timeline any further. I think he's only going to go back in time and try to make sure tsurayuki doesn't drop out in his second remake. I... really want to read the ln now but i feel like that'd shatter my excitement. Welp, i'll just wait for a month or so before i start reading it.

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Sep 2, 2021 9:59 AM
Apr 2017
This got dark really fast.
Sep 3, 2021 7:50 AM

Sep 2011
MC keeps annoying me every episode but this time, I seriously want to punch him now.

Sep 3, 2021 10:42 AM
Jul 2019
F**king finally, they addressed the issue of them being already successful without him in present and how he was interfering with it. I knew it didn't make any kind of sense. At least the author wasn't stupid.

This might the first episode that makes me actually interested ever since the first 3 episodes or something. Hopefully it sticks to what it tried to do in this episode for the last 5 episodes or so, and doesn't fall back to the shit show we have been watching those last several episodes.

There's still a possibility to redeem this anime.
Sep 4, 2021 5:39 AM

Feb 2010
So many failure flags lmao
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Sep 5, 2021 4:06 AM

Jan 2018
I really liked the plottwist. No I'm not talking about Kyouya waking up to a wife and child in the future. I'm talking about Kyouya unintentionally destroying the future of his idols and making them worse. Every timetravel story needs stakes and I'm glad it’s finally introduced in Bokutachi no Remake. I was a bit worried about that but I'm glad I was wrong.
Sep 6, 2021 3:59 AM

Jun 2016
KOTFTW said:

end the show here!

My thoughts exactly. Though this scene is also what made me drop the show.
First of, if this is the first "ending" we get, when not even one season is over and right after Kyoya screwed up, then it's considered a "bad ending" by the show, which indirectly shows the best girl the middle finger. Secondly, because Kyoya screwed up and will likely go back in time now to fix things, then he's gonna overwrite this future, meaning his daughter will be... I don't even care if she's just gonna be reborn as someone else in the new timeline, this is just plain wrong. This is Orange all over again.

Dammit, and the show was just getting good too.
Sep 13, 2021 6:45 AM
Dec 2019
Why kyouya didn't recognize that he's living with the Platinum-gen the whole time? But somehow quickly retconned with BG-Senpai name while visiting an exhibition albeit in a single glance before passing out
ViewlandSep 13, 2021 6:49 AM
Sep 23, 2021 12:23 AM
Jun 2013
This episode is 2-3 episodes late, and oh how I've longed for this one. Tsurayuki finally crumbles against the almighty Kyouya. The peek into the future is a nice touch and I'm actually looking forward to the next episode. Kyouya will see the consequences of everyone's dependence.

The real twist here is that Keiko seems to be aware of the time travel. Hopefully there's more reason the title uses the plural "bokutachi" and hopefully Tsurayuki and the rest have some need for reversing time.

Edit:
I'm cringing that Kyouya's motivation for going back in time was to help the platinum generation. Yikes. He's certainly showed his talent matches theirs, but when he says it like that I can't help but think it degrades him.
Shades371Sep 23, 2021 12:31 AM
Anime exists
all is well
Sep 24, 2021 8:29 PM

Jul 2014
Whhhh.... whaa.... WTF?! Those last few minutes were insane. We start with Kyoya's excessive meddling finally backfiring him with Tsurayuki quitting as he felt incompetent in front of him. Then Kyoya finally realizes that it doesn't really make sense what he's doing when the Platinum Generation was formed just the same without his help. And we end with a time leap to the future where he is married to Shinoaki and has a daughter... wow!

Oh, there's also the detail of the pink-haired loli turning creepy and having something to do with all this time travel stuff.

And it doesn't even stop there, because we even have some kind of time paradox in Tsurayuki's pen name. We didn't know it until now, but it's based on Kyoya's name, which wouldn't make sense when in the original timeline they had never met o.O.

We had all this heavy stuff in the last few minutes but the first half was hard to watch with Kyoya prioritizing time over their creativity. Like, I understand it may have been the right thing to do but it was frustrating all the same.
Sep 28, 2021 8:48 AM

Aug 2017
I hate how everyone is too dependent on Kyouya and almost everyone never confront him. It looks like the loli can travel in the time too? The ending is confusing and the whole time travel is full of plot holes like Erased.
NurguburuSep 28, 2021 8:51 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 29, 2021 8:01 AM
Jul 2019
My mother and brother don't tell me that he is no longer a genius of the platinum generation ... 😳😞 Even when he goes into the future, he is Shinoaki's husband, and he has a daughter named Maki. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜³ But I don't understand why he didn't tell him that he was coming from the future, maybe that's how the waters calmed down here. Even if they didn't believe him, he even tried. πŸ˜₯😐
Sep 30, 2021 4:57 PM
Jun 2013
Well, he wanted to make his life better, guess what, you're now married to Aki-sama adult version, even hotter than the younger and has a kid with her, that looks pretty good to me
Shinuki_n_RebornSep 30, 2021 5:03 PM
Oct 6, 2021 12:17 PM

Jul 2015
Kyoya realised a tad too late that his selfish mentality of trying to solve other people's problems was wrong. However a future with Shinoaki as wife ain't that bad compared to his first timeline.

UnkrownedOct 6, 2021 12:45 PM

Dec 17, 2021 7:20 PM

Sep 2020
Yes! They finally finished the game!
Wait a minute wait a minute wait a minute, is the pink hair loli somehow involved?
OMG yeeesss! he chose Shinoaki lets goooo! Although I wonder what consequences his actions have in the future. And also the fact that Tsurayuki's future pen name is the same, hmmm, I wonder why

Mess with waifu, lose your laifu
Jan 2, 2022 12:13 PM

Aug 2014
YES!!! something I was waiting for! I though he will be with Eiko, but it could be any girl ;d
4 more eps so he will probably want to somehow change it back to how it was originally?
(γ₯οΏ£ ³οΏ£)γ₯ けゅっ けゅっ γ‚­γ‚Ή (´ο½‘βœͺωβœͺq`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jan 5, 2022 3:31 PM

May 2016
I feel like I'm watching Tokyo Revengers, what is going on here??
Jan 8, 2022 5:20 PM

Jun 2020
Finishing things before the Comiket I guess event begins

And of course debugging the game is a hell to work with but It's going to be all worth it in the end

Yet here we are with another cliffhanger and an unusual twist with another time leap which takes Kyoya to the future and this time he's married and has a daughter.
Oct 27, 2022 11:53 AM
May 2022
Wow! I'm very surprise, i don't believe this. Wow again!
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Sep 25, 2021

176 by addictedtoliving »»
Oct 15, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2021

212 by addictedtoliving »»
Oct 14, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2021

127 by addictedtoliving »»
Oct 14, 8:08 AM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Sep 4, 2021

132 by Timeline_man »»
May 24, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2021

90 by Timeline_man »»
May 24, 4:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.