Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 6, 2020 6:13 PM

May 2018
First ep of the season that I didin't like that much. It's not bad, just not as good as Kaguya usually is. The only scene that made me laugh was Shirogane getting KOed, rest was either pretty meh or too much gimmic based.

Still it's one out of 9 episodes, it's still great feat that comedy series is so consistently so much good, it doesn't happen often.
Jun 6, 2020 6:37 PM

Mar 2016
yay for ishigami <3 what a cutie pie :) he sure does know how to work a girl's uniform!

Jun 6, 2020 6:50 PM

Oct 2016
That episode went infinity and beyond like holy shit that was way more than what i have been expecting well done A-1 picture looking forward to the remaining episodes to cement Ishigami as the bestest of bois.
Jun 6, 2020 7:00 PM

Aug 2019
I enjoyed this episode cannot wait to see what happens next week
Jun 6, 2020 7:08 PM

Dec 2019
Kaguya's dance is top tier.
Here we go again...
Jun 6, 2020 7:29 PM

Apr 2019
This episode went and just smashed my expectations. The 1st bit with Miko was pretty unexpected but was done really well. The animation for Kaguya as she went through different motions trying to find her routine was quite smooth, and it's probably the closest thing we'll get to something like the Chika ED from last season. And also it's Ishigami's time under the spotlight baby! Can't wait to see what's to come be animated.
Jun 6, 2020 7:36 PM

Jan 2013
What an episode! So much happened xD

Holy hell, Iino's life must be insane if she sees it this way hahaha (i think we can already say that ).

The whole fighting scene was insane, what a moment! In the end, she was the one who lost xD

Oh boy, so Ishigami decided to join the cheerleading squad hahaha good luck xD
"Is this my first debut as a drag queen" hahaha

Iino's imagination in 4 words xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 6, 2020 7:57 PM

Aug 2019
ISHIGAMI HAS PHYSICALLY BECOME BEST GIRL OF THE SERIES.
Ishigami, in about 1 season you evolved from my idol to my waifu. Lmao i actually died though when they mentioned phrases like "normie". This anime is try to show how aware of the modern era it is and its doing a fine job, although i'm confused on why Ishigami would even join the cheer leading club in the first place.
I remember i joined the drama club for a week and just the energy that place radiated was enough to scare me for life.
Iino luck rank must be below 'E'. The amount of times shes come in at the worst possible times is beyond possible. But this time. THIS time it was a literal i screamed the entire time moment
Shinomiya fucking one-two slammed Shirogane into season 3 i swear, and he was gonna get a flawless on her aswell :(
Jun 6, 2020 8:27 PM

Feb 2019
Yet another amazing episode, as an adaptation and on its own!

As a manga reader, I've been looking forward to the things they'll be adapting, and they exceeded my expectations! I think they added a lot of scenes that were not in the manga visually at least (if my memory hasn't failed me), like Miko's delusions, the street fighter-looking talk between Miyuki and Kaguya. The animation was just so fluid, the entire direction was awesome! This really deserves a top spot in this season or maybe this year or the decade!

The second part was full of animation that was really smooth, especially Kaguya's dancing and the parts where Miyuki got closer and closer to Kaguya. Those were really a treat to see!

And the last part, they've finally introduced Tsubame-senpai! I don't know how popular my opinion is, but I really like Tsubame-senpai! Her face hasn't been revealed yet. Guess we have to wait until the end of the sports festival arc.

If I'm not wrong, the sports festival arc is where we see Ishigami's backstory, right? And how the Student Council came to know of him? If that's so, I'm extremely excited. Ishigami's background story is one of my favourites and I've been looking forward so much to having it adapted. Really, really excited!
Jun 6, 2020 8:43 PM
Jul 2019
Ishigami truly best girl.
Jun 6, 2020 8:58 PM

Jun 2013
Iino's over-the-top, overly dramatic 80s/90s scenario of the student council was pretty funny. Also, that Peanuts reference was adorable, would love to see the entire cast as Peanuts characters.

I like how they cleverly included Kaguya's cheek-touch in the OP ever since the beginning. I haven't read the manga so I thought that gesture didn't have any special meaning to it.

Also was Shiragane aware that it was Ishigami crossdressing in the student council or did he think it was another female student with Kaguya?
臭い-
Jun 6, 2020 9:10 PM
May 2020
it's amazing how each episode succeeds the previous
Jun 6, 2020 9:25 PM
Waifu Inspector

Sep 2019
So uh... yeah. Ishigami. Love it bro. Keep it up. This show is awakening things... that I’ve already felt. But yeah. Ishigami in a dress is *mwuah* magnífico.
Jun 6, 2020 9:41 PM

Jul 2016
Damn, those fluid movements with Kaguya dancing until finding her own calming gesture were sexy as fuck. So that's the reason of why she touches her left cheek in the OP sequence, uh? Interesting.

Fantastic episode once again. Leaving wonderful and stylish art directing aside, the first segment with Iino wasn't that great (especially in comparison with the rest of the episode) but hey, her over-the-top imagination did wonders to my inner Femdom Kaguya fetish so that's a huge plus.

The second and third segment, on the other hand, were pure awesomeness. The decision of portraying Kaguya's confrontation with Miyuki as a fight sequence from an arcade game was really creative and seeing Ishigami bonding with Kaguya via cross-dressing was unexpectedly cute. Literally can't wait for this upcoming arc since it seems his character will be the main focus.

P.S.: "EHHHHHHH..." *OP plays* "...HHHHHHHH." lol, this was nice.
Jun 6, 2020 10:10 PM
Apr 2020
Miko Iino's picture of true love is something covered with Fifty Shape of Love, and she saw Ishigami's camouflage boxer shorts. Hahaha.

I wanna see more of short hair Ishigami.
Jun 6, 2020 10:11 PM

Nov 2007
Birdsanddrugs said:
"Shinomiya senpai you're dope af"

rip subs

Well, that wasn't official, but I get you!

Even so, what irks me are the use of extra words when not needed and omission of words when needed.

An example in this episode:

"I have heard it at least 10 times already."
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 6, 2020 10:27 PM

Aug 2019
Looking forward to the beginning of the Sports Festival arc.

Man I've fallen in love with this ED. Only 3 more episodes :(
Jun 7, 2020 12:38 AM
Jun 2017
This episode is so cute.. hahaha
Jun 7, 2020 1:34 AM

May 2020
Sometimes you wonder if Miko is actually the kinkiest out of the entire student council.

But the lovely Onodera and senpai character finally makes their first debut, and if they make the next few episodes with the same quality as this one...

Hoo boy, Ishigami about to have one of the best characters arcs in all of anime.
Jun 7, 2020 1:47 AM

Mar 2017
2nd segment was definitely my highlight for this week. The ‘fight’ sequence between Kaguya and Miyuki brought me into utter hysteria xD. First segment was hilarious as well with Miko’s ‘out there’ perceptions. Was whatever on the third segment, but given the first and especially 2nd segment, I’d consider this week’s ep to be another strong one. If Kaguya can maintain (or exceed) this lvl of quality for the remaining 3 eps, then I can definitely see it entering my S range.

Also Kaguya dance > Chika dance
The right to violate the rights of the people belong only to the people themselves!
Jun 7, 2020 2:20 AM

Aug 2014
A-1 is killing it this season, somehow I feel every episode is better than the previous, how do they keep doing it so consistently? Loved the direction with Iino sequence btw.

Also... we're getting close, ep. 11 it seems. If this season can break 9.00, it will be with that.

Farabeuf said:
The 3rd segment was the most important for the plot. We get to see Tsubame-senpai for the first time. But more importantly, for me, one of the most underrated parts of the story is seeing the blossoming relationship between Kaguya and Ishigami. It's based on support and mutual respect in a way in which few others in the student council relate to each other.

I'm with you there, given how Kaguya and Ishigami were at the beginning of the series, seeing that senpai/kouhai relationship slowly building up is really great.
This kind of subtle development in the characters relationship is one of the best things in this series.
Jun 7, 2020 2:47 AM

Nov 2007
SSj97 said:
Was whatever on the third segment

That's all I wanted to quote because it signifies

Coronavirus.
Jun 7, 2020 3:38 AM
Jul 2017
I really was expecting a more kana Hana type purer voice from tsubame.
Didn't expect a total normie/gyaru type voice.
Well anyways, next couple of episodes are gonna be amazing. Ishigami is gonna go best boy mode.
Backstories sure are nice.
"You are the result of 4 billion years of evolution. Act like it."
"Why don't you eat make up? Then you can be beautiful on the inside too."
"'Sick'? Call me 'twisted'. 'Sick' makes it sound like there's a cure."
"What's messed up isn't my thinking, what's messed up is this god damn world."
"The world isn't perfect, but its out there doing the best it can for us. That's what makes it so damn beautiful."
Jun 7, 2020 3:51 AM

Mar 2017
shanimebib said:
SSj97 said:
Was whatever on the third segment

I generally really like Ishigami as a character, so if something substantial for him builds out of this then I’m all for it. I just didn’t particularly laugh hard at anything in that segment (I’m fully neutral on cross dressing). The bits that gave me a chuckle were Ishigami’s normie line and Shirogane’s jealousy.
The right to violate the rights of the people belong only to the people themselves!
Jun 7, 2020 3:55 AM

Feb 2014
That Ergo Proxy OP reference on Iino Miko's delusions came outta nowhere. This season is taking spins on these inclusions. XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 7, 2020 4:17 AM
Nov 2018
I love how animators are flexing. The Miko's imaginative council part, shinomiya dance and the fighting game. Ishigami's lines were great as well.
Jun 7, 2020 4:18 AM

Nov 2007
SSj97 said:
shanimebib said:

I generally really like Ishigami as a character, so if something substantial for him builds out of this then I’m all for it. I just didn’t particularly laugh hard at anything in that segment (I’m fully neutral on cross dressing). The bits that gave me a chuckle were Ishigami’s normie line and Shirogane’s jealousy.

You probably won't ROFLYAO in the end but yeah, fingers crossed if you don't laugh at all seeing him full on cross dressing.

If we pulled something like that in my high school days, I would have a good laugh.
Coronavirus.
Jun 7, 2020 4:28 AM

Mar 2019
Okay, that is not the type of voice I expected Koyasu to have. I always thought she would sound... I don't know, more mature?
Also, Onodera is very yellow. :D
OωO
Jun 7, 2020 4:40 AM
Jan 2020
The first part where they show the psychology of Miko is really a good segment.
Especially after the " Fifty Shades of Love" and Kaguya being a dominatrix was really funny.
But the other two parts were less funnier than the previous ones. But overall a funny episode....
When Kaguya ALMOST danced, I got my hopes up, but it was shattered withing seconds.. Overall a good episode. Still waiting for a special ending with either Kaguya or Chika dancing like the last season.
Jun 7, 2020 4:51 AM

Mar 2016
Reminder that this series is not only about funny moments anymore. From this point the relationship between each one of the multiple characters becomes VERY important.
Jun 7, 2020 5:07 AM
Dec 2018
I was not expecting to see a reference to Madonna's Vogue in this episode. Loved Kaguya's dance though.
Jun 7, 2020 5:21 AM
Jul 2018
strike the pose! ..

love this episode
Jun 7, 2020 5:55 AM

Jan 2018
Am I watching a new episode of the monogatari series?!?!?! most of those things are very noticeable!
Jun 7, 2020 6:06 AM
Sep 2016
Dudes, is it just me or Rei-chan's appearance here is vastly different than in the manga? She looks like an absolute b*tch. I mean the manga is mostly in monochrome so I always have the feeling that Rei-chan's appearance is more of a combination between Iino-chan (with their hair) and Kei-chan (with their eye). If you feel so too then

But the most important hype for this episode is of course

If I'm not mistaken,
If It is actually so, then it is good of them to actually stay true to the manga like they did.

Also I consider Ishigami-Kaguya relationship, as well as Kaguya-Hayasaka relationship, as
uncleqrowJun 7, 2020 6:12 AM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Jun 7, 2020 6:14 AM

Feb 2014
The production staff at A-1 Pictures deserve a pat of their backs for the overall quality of this episode. They just keep on improving and improving when you think they can't improve anymore. XD

Miko's segment where her friend "corrects" her misunderstandings was amusing. We went into Miko's fantasy version of the student council which had that late 80's/early 90's feel to it, which made it even more impressive. Same goes for the references, too. I couldn't help but smile when the animation went into full Peanuts mode for a few seconds. If only Snoopy made a tiny cameo here...

In the second segment, Kaguya had help from Hayasaka in order to face Miyuki again after the gym storage incident last time. The little dance that Kaguya did as she tried to find a way to keep calm while listening to a song that's definitely influenced by Madonna was super smooth and fluid. Rotoscope or not, it looked incredible. Chika's dance has met its rival at last!

When Kaguya finally talked to Miyuki again, it went into an arcade-style fighting game which was super awesome. Too bad that Miyuki got KO'd in one attack, though. ^_^;

Ishigami's part was interesting. Even though he's not that social, it was still nice to see him join the cheerleader squad for the upcoming school festival. The only downside was that the whole group decided that they would wear the opposite gender's uniform.

Miko's timing, yet again, was bad as she saw Ishigami change into Kaguya's uniform, which prompted her to shut the door immediately. She wasn't the only one to see this, as Miyuki came along later and saw what was happening without being spotted. His jealous reaction was really cute, though. =3
Jun 7, 2020 6:36 AM

Feb 2012
is it just me or the music that plays for Miko on this episode is a variation (perhaps a homage) of Holding Out For a Hero by Bonnie Tyler?
Jun 7, 2020 6:46 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
WantiPop said:
is it just me or the music that plays for Miko on this episode is a variation (perhaps a homage) of Holding Out For a Hero by Bonnie Tyler?

I thought about that too along with the Peanuts reference since it had '80s vibe to it, so it might be the case.
Jun 7, 2020 6:50 AM

Jul 2014
This was probably one of the more awkward episodes of this second season, in adaptation terms anyway. The flow from last week's Kaguya segments was completely disrupted by Osoragi "correcting" Iino's misunderstandings about the student council (with an excessively long fantasy section to boot), only for the show to go straight back to the Kaguya stuff afterwards anyway. It would have made far more sense and flowed much better to swap those two segments around, as the episode feels too jumpy and unfocused with the way it was done.

That being said, the "fight" between Kaguya and Miyuki after she discovered her calming ritual was hilarious and so well adapted from the manga, so a fair amount can be forgiven. More pertinently, we're now moving towards the Sports Festival, which I'm really excited about. It is slightly weird that they didn't show Tsubame's face in that section, though, given how important her character is (and it looked so stupid when they had her and the Captain taking a faceless selfie).
Jun 7, 2020 7:06 AM
Oct 2016
Aoi Koga is literally perfect for Kaguya, her voice is so freakin' cute in the 2nd segment!
zemaviesJun 7, 2020 7:10 AM
Jun 7, 2020 7:32 AM
Apr 2019
Imo that is the best Kaguya-sama episode ever!
Jun 7, 2020 8:03 AM

Jan 2020
How does this keep getting better each week. Every-time I watch an episode i'm just like "this is the best episode of the series", and then next week's episode comes and it somehow tops it. I'm super impressed at this show, definitely one will stick around for a while.
Jun 7, 2020 8:07 AM

May 2018
botoy0917 said:
Am I watching a new episode of the monogatari series?!?!?! most of those things are very noticeable!

Were they? There was one episode which was sort of a tribute to Bakemonogatari EP 1 first segment , but this episode had none of that.
Jun 7, 2020 8:39 AM

Nov 2019
I love that each character is getting more development instead of just being part of "support cast" . I'd love to see more of Ishigami.

Ishigami Gang for life.
PsyborgreyJun 7, 2020 8:47 AM
Jun 7, 2020 8:57 AM
Jun 2019
tsubame koyasu huh, remember the name.
Jun 7, 2020 9:54 AM

Sep 2018
Not as funny episode as I expected. The first part is quite diverent, where Miko's imagination is very fervent, the second part is nice, but more than making me laugh, it makes me think about the fact that in this society there are a lot of swarmed people. Speaking in a pragmatic way, I would say that the episode finds its usefulness in the fact of describing more fully the character of Miko, while taking another look at the character of Ishigami, also to teach something to those who watch the episode.
Jun 7, 2020 10:14 AM

Sep 2017
Now this was a cute episode. No annoying blue balls stuff. It's nice to see Kaguya and Ishigama interacting more. The being scared gag would get old.
Jun 7, 2020 10:31 AM
May 2019
Oh no, now everyone call it "ritual"
Jun 7, 2020 10:53 AM

Jul 2014
That unexpected dance 👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌
And finally sports fest arc
I didnt expect my onodera to have a strong yellow hair color
MurukoHiiragiJun 7, 2020 11:09 AM
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Jun 7, 2020 10:56 AM
Jul 2018
Finally, an Ishigami-centered arc. He's such an amusing character but for the first time, he's the focal point and we're seeing what his life is like when he's not in the student council.

I don't think I've ever been so excited for the next episode before. I'm really anticipating how things will turn out.

#bestgirlishigami

* Also, it was really amusing seeing Shirogane get jealous like that. "HMPH".
* Also, Ishigami with short hair? Very interesting to see.
* Also, it was really interesting seeing a lack of Fujiwara in this episode. I don't think I even really minded as I consider her the least interesting character.
* Also, the bit of Kaguya dancing in her bedroom was an obvious nod to the acclaimed ending scene of Fujiwara dancing. I wonder why they never thought to bring that back after its overwhelming success.
* Also, did anyone notice that Ishigami was wearing (camo) boxer briefs? This is a nod to a previous episode of him wearing tighty whities (in which he is later seen purchasing briefs).
* Also, I've always appreciated the brief artsy segments in this show where they experiment with different animation styles. I'm sure most people recognized the Charlie Brown segment, but I was surprised as I didn't think it was well-known in Japan.
* Also, speaking of animation styles, the first segment about Miko Iino was sooo aesthetic. From the gorgeous field saturated in vivid colors and sunshine, to the grittier retro texture to designate dramatic moments, to the red/blue sparkly bit to symbolize the power of the President and Vice President. Really pleasant for the eyes.

Not a single episode of this anime has ever disappointed me and I'm always thoroughly entertained. I find myself rewinding every 10 seconds so I can rewatch anything I found funny or interesting or well-animated over and over again. This is without a doubt a 10/10 anime in its own right and I think it deserves its unusually high score.
removed-userJun 7, 2020 11:05 AM
Jun 7, 2020 11:01 AM

Dec 2013
So it seems Kobachi is one of those few who respects Ishigami or at least doesn't hate him, he is trying his best to get out of is comfort zone, I hope it goes well.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2020

373 by IMPatoto »»
Oct 4, 6:46 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

godcanute - May 3, 2020

204 by Xeehad »»
Aug 28, 3:01 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Jun 20, 2020

671 by _untitled »»
Aug 7, 1:09 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

258 by _untitled »»
Aug 6, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2020

216 by _untitled »»
Aug 2, 3:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.