Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 21, 2018 5:55 AM

Apr 2015
Not that well built up to do a dramatic match scene...

Wasn't particularly promising tbh. Wasn't as enjoyable as EP1
Jan 21, 2018 11:04 PM

Aug 2014
Why i can't call 911.

Jailbait 10/10
Jan 21, 2018 11:25 PM

Apr 2009
To think the main guy got this far with that "if I'm losing I'll just give up" attitude. At least he seems to have realized his error.
Jan 22, 2018 2:55 AM

Jan 2018
TiamatNM said:
To think the main guy got this far with that "if I'm losing I'll just give up" attitude. At least he seems to have realized his error.

He have this attitude after attain Ryuuou title, he have losing streak with only 30% winning rate ever since. Too bad the anime don't show us this detail.
Jan 24, 2018 10:18 PM
Mar 2012
@takodori Thanks that's quite insightful.
On rewatch of the whole double lance sequence, it's much clearer now. I realized this sequence's all continuous, no cut out moves. And I noticed Yaichi finally ate the rook using the knight (and became promoted knight), confusing since they skipped animated this part, and noobs like me didn't know what a promoted knight looks like when the board made that crazy rotation (till more wiki searches).
The pointed pieces is simple, but that only tells me A vs B. Doesn't tell me A is mc's when camera doesn't show the characters. If it were black or white I'd immediately know. 2nd thing I realized is the camera always shoots from Ayumu's board POV, so yes this hints at who owns what piece. Thing is I assumed mc should be POV so it got confusing first time watching.
So Ayumu's the first player, main POV, with the origin set at top-right. I see "3-6 lance" makes sense now.
Jan 25, 2018 12:53 PM

Jul 2013
IMACOP said:
Brixjohn_5000 said:
He as a pro shogi player should be offended by the mother's statement. She basically mocked shogi as a professional game and all the professional players. While talent gives a great advantage, there is something that is as important in the game—experience. That is something that her child will be denied of if she stopped her from playing.

She doesn't care. It's all about the monies. Typical asian parent mentality. That which does not give you a stable income is worthless. Getting at least a 98/100 is to be expected. There're so many kids getting a mental breakdown because they had gotten a 97. Seeing 15 year olds with grey hair is a common sight.

And they wrap it all up as "for you own good", "that's life", while voting and putting trash in government that further turns the society into a Confucian dystopia, as if it wasn't already bad enough.

This will probably change in a few generations when the currently young generation is finally in power. Sad that it will take that long, but Japanese society is slowly moving in the right direction. Eventually most of the people holding it back will die off (though with the highest life expectancy in the world and the most people over 100, it certainly will take a long time).

Of course, I wouldn't want to see Japan become a craphole like the US where people often go bankrupt just from having a baby (and I mean quite literally from the medical bills).
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Jan 29, 2018 4:34 AM
Jul 2018
Ayumu should change his career and buy a AE86. They should make a parody or a spin off
Jan 29, 2018 9:18 AM

Nov 2011
The narrative presents a pattern seen enough and revised in other anime series, but the Shogi still has a good part in the narration, this means that the episode is not so useless as expectations. Also with the arrival of new characters, the comedy has increased a little and also the sympathy. Overall it was not a great episode, but it also managed this time to get away for various reasons.
Mar 19, 2018 9:25 PM
Jul 2015
I refuse to learn how to play Shogi, but damn if it isn't entertaining.
Aug 9, 2018 9:20 PM

May 2012
Haha he sure is the Loli King for sure! Pretty fun episode actually, shame for that ending!

Wonder what happens next though.
Oct 31, 2018 3:00 AM

Jul 2016
The first half reminded me of the duel with Kaiba in Yu-Gi-Oh, except anticlimactic.

Then Ai made it even more hardcore lolicon than Eromanga-sensei's "Yes! Girls my age all love dicks!"
Dec 6, 2018 5:11 PM
Aug 2018
Ijkkjm=uuj=juju kkjjkkklioll
Aug 18, 2020 8:49 AM
Dec 2016
That was hilarious! Especially Ai's parents part, when the husband being submissive and actually he is the one who changed his last name xD

I thought this show will full of lolies, but then it's better with Keika as Onee-san and Ai's mother as top class MILF!
Nov 23, 2020 7:51 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh so they're already adding more loli xD
Ai's mother is not joking at all, wow.
May 14, 2021 11:08 AM

Aug 2018
Well, nice to see Yaichi getting back on track, what truly matters.. Not to save face.. But to battle..
I wonder, if Yaichi seriously loves Keika, or just on liking level.. As it wasn't too clear, how he said he loves/likes her..
lol, Yaichi is a bad influence for these girls.. You need a good sleep at night.. ;P
Well.. Ai's mother cares about her daughter's future, I guess.. She is strict.. Very strict.. But it's also understandable - Ai is 9 years old, after all.. And she would live separately from the family..
And speaking about family.. It seems that daddy isn't the cash daddy of Ai's it seems.. It seems that her mother is much more influential.. Well, maybe they both are from influential families, it seems.. Well, with how dad owned hotel, and he's the lesser figure in making decisions, it seems..
I like Ginko's design.. She looks pretty.. But I also would like to see her more as a person.. Well, hopefully she'll have time.. As well as many other girls, really..
Jul 13, 2021 11:07 PM

Jun 2020
Finally, the match continues and a little break from it, Ai getting jealous because she hasn't hold Yaichi's hand so cute

Yachi won the match but without Ai's determination of aggressively looking at the board for offensive moves Yaichi couldn't win without her

A training group seems fun at Yaichi's place until they woke up and Yaichi almost got the loli king title, Ai's parents came to bring her back but she's determined that she'll become pro about time her parents came to see her.
Aug 14, 2021 1:33 PM

Feb 2014
Cute lolis, Charlotte is specially adorable, and the lolicon jokes are still funny.

Ai's parents make their appearance already, glad the elephant in the room will be adressed quickly.
Nov 14, 2021 12:56 AM

Nov 2013
I'm not into lolis, but shogi are boring for me, because i don't know the rules, so i can live with all this loli fan-service.
I like Keika but she is obviously this one character from any go/shogi anime, who will never become a pro player.
GvendolineNov 14, 2021 1:01 AM
Jun 14, 2022 3:01 PM

Jan 2020
Surprisingly Kuzuryuu managed to win. I was starting to think that all the hate he was getting last episode was justified if after becoming Ryuo he was losing left and right. Especially to this chuni-nerd. Unfortunately though, that means that he is deriving strength from a loli. So the overall moral of the story is still not very inspiring...

Now there are more, and this one just says iterations of her own name like some kind of Pokemon. And somehow they managed another bathing scene. What is happening? ಠ_ಠ

At least Sora appears to be the voice of reason in this show.

Not to defend Kuzuryuu too much, but Ai's mother is rather rude. Despite her criticism of him, he is the youngest Ryuo in history. Even with the hate he gets from some people, I'm sure he has an incredible amount of talent and skill himself.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 7, 2022 2:31 AM

Jul 2019
Keika enters the stage with a glorious "Ara ara". Nice.

As long as the little girls stay on the cute, adorable side and not cross over to the lewd, fanservice-y side I'm all for it.

Ai's mom is rude and her demands aren't really fair. Then again, her nine year old daughter left home alone and travelled to another city to live with a guy she doesn't know. I'd be concerned too, shogi prodigy or not.
Jun 10, 2023 8:16 PM

Feb 2019
Ai's got a lot of competition for Yaichi's attention lol
Nov 2, 2023 7:46 AM

Dec 2022
Loli King huh? An enviable title, to be sure, lol

Ai's mother has quite the presence, especially when it comes to forward planning, or at least her idea of it.

╔═══▣ ▣═══╗
Shaded Horizon

Dec 16, 2023 6:55 PM
Jul 2018
well whatever, IM forcing my self to watch this anime for the lolis, not for the boring ahh plot
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2018

113 by AnimeXlover78 »»
Oct 14, 3:30 AM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2018

105 by vadoyager7 »»
Jun 20, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2018

63 by vadoyager7 »»
Jun 13, 7:28 AM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2018

88 by vadoyager7 »»
Jun 9, 1:38 AM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2018

59 by vadoyager7 »»
Jun 1, 5:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.