Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 18, 2016 2:56 PM

Feb 2008
Please, Colonel Wolff, contain your excitement.

Another fragment of Yuuki's background is revealed. Delightful.
Jun 19, 2016 3:07 AM

Dec 2010
Man, Miyoshi was the last person I expected to die, and he waved a hand first. Truly a sad episode.

Shuhan said:
I cant differentiate any of the spies in D agency, the same face and lack of characterization made it hard to feel anything for Maki's death.
That means that they are pretty good spies. The are very few parts you can try figuring bits about them and mostly it's by their expressions in said moments.
MeritasJun 19, 2016 3:10 AM
Jun 19, 2016 7:19 AM

Mar 2012
I mean, it's not like I was waiting for the Miyoshi episode or anything... T﹏T

Jun 19, 2016 7:20 AM

Apr 2015
Late watch, good episode
Jun 19, 2016 8:24 AM

Jun 2012
yuliyana29 said:
@NemuriNezumi Thank you very much for all of the informations. By the way, the last post just hit me in the feels. The PS in the end is even worse. *sniff*

here new stuff about ep 11! (I was waiting for someone to translate the whole thing, but it was already posted on the official website a couple of days ago)

http://sekinosemimaru.tumblr.com/post/146158001083/chief-researcher-shirato-seiichis-column-ep-11

- I only draw freestyle! -
Jun 19, 2016 10:31 AM

Apr 2014
10/10 episode. Loved the back-story with the older characters and how it tied into the present episode.
---------My Profile------------
Jun 20, 2016 12:34 AM

Mar 2015
So, I literally just caught up and I thought the episode was pretty interesting with the whole premise of German tactics and off mentions of war alliances. I think it was really intriguing how Yuuki was literally several steps ahead of the whole situation, and how
Ha, the Colonel's face was priceless to me. D-Agency is best Agency! -u-

"Achieve not with the squad, but by yourself." - Urie

Jun 20, 2016 5:09 AM

Nov 2015
Yuuki is just ahead of them all. And rip Miyoshi

Jun 20, 2016 9:02 AM
Jun 2016
Fresh_Mint said:
Miyoshi's dead just like that huh? He died smiling. That's pretty amazing considering there was a steel beam piercing his chest.

Once again Yuuki proves he is best girl of the show. Simple execution and a quick reaction. He was probably aware of that paranoid general's intentions the entire time as well.

*claps*
was paia see someone from the agency dies soon the Miyoshi ...
Jun 20, 2016 9:07 AM
Jun 2016
whoa just need only one more episode tou sad ... how will! !!!!!!
Jun 20, 2016 2:48 PM
May 2016
yuliyana29 said:
lezerman said:
I CANT BELIEVE!!!!!!
Why they need kill the best character............. arghhhhhhh........

Nope. Yuuki is.

-----
Honestly. I am very, very baffled to see all of the posts here say that Miyoshi is dead for real. I wonder if also, at least anyone actually thought of this other possibility. Here I ago: D-Agency motto is "Dont' die, don't kill." This motto is basically a law for the spies; they are bound/obligated to carry it out with any flaws. Thus said, I doubt that a spy who belongs to an agency with such motto and leader as Yuuki, will chose death as final. Wasn't it constantly repeated over the series that for a spy, the worst decision one can make is to kill or die.
If Miyoshi didn't look convincing enough that he is dead, the germans would still think that he is alive and they wouldnn't stop with what they have started, so of course he has to act dead and fool them to accomplish his mission perfectly, according to keikaku. He is a spy after all, being obvious/suspicious isn't his trait. I might be wrong, he may be really dead, but I don't want to jump to conclusions at some point, considering I've seen this show manged to troll the viewers quite good sometimes - Altough I haven't comment none about that here, still I've been observing while this series are in broadcast. So, I don't want to see people getting mad on this anime ends up trolling you if it turns out that Miyoshi isn't dead.
By the way, don't mourn over Miyoshi way to seriously because

Most likely, the preview for the final episode:

WOW I want to believe THIS
Jun 21, 2016 5:08 AM
Jun 2016
anohimenome said:
yuliyana29 said:

Nope. Yuuki is.

-----
Honestly. I am very, very baffled to see all of the posts here say that Miyoshi is dead for real. I wonder if also, at least anyone actually thought of this other possibility. Here I ago: D-Agency motto is "Dont' die, don't kill." This motto is basically a law for the spies; they are bound/obligated to carry it out with any flaws. Thus said, I doubt that a spy who belongs to an agency with such motto and leader as Yuuki, will chose death as final. Wasn't it constantly repeated over the series that for a spy, the worst decision one can make is to kill or die.
If Miyoshi didn't look convincing enough that he is dead, the germans would still think that he is alive and they wouldnn't stop with what they have started, so of course he has to act dead and fool them to accomplish his mission perfectly, according to keikaku. He is a spy after all, being obvious/suspicious isn't his trait. I might be wrong, he may be really dead, but I don't want to jump to conclusions at some point, considering I've seen this show manged to troll the viewers quite good sometimes - Altough I haven't comment none about that here, still I've been observing while this series are in broadcast. So, I don't want to see people getting mad on this anime ends up trolling you if it turns out that Miyoshi isn't dead.
By the way, don't mourn over Miyoshi way to seriously because

Most likely, the preview for the final episode:

WOW I want to believe THIS
VC thinks he may be alive
Jun 21, 2016 3:27 PM
May 2016
xEmptiness said:
Mormegil said:
Everyone is crying about Miyoshi and I don't even remember who he was...

Mainly only girls are crying lol. For obvious reasons.

Thank God they still haven't lost the direction.

What direction are you talking about?
Jun 22, 2016 12:47 PM

Dec 2015
More about Yûki, this time with no lie ! After all those episodes, I was sure nothing would be directly tied to an historical event, it was a good surprise.

Even spies are subjected to random and unpredictable events.

5/5

Why are some people unhappy to have no sentimental connection to the "heroes"? All those spies are only vectors of the stories/missions they are in. The goal is clearly to show how important spying is and how good Yûki's mastery of his art is. Not to relate/connect with those spies (who are way too high above any of us anyway)

Question I ask every week: is anyone able to tell me how far the novel series has been adapted here? Are those short stories only from the first novel? Or are we already seeing the second anthology novel? Maybe only a few handpicked stories of each book has been animated?
Jun 22, 2016 5:21 PM

Dec 2012
Shit why did Miyoshi have to die he was my fav. Why couldn't it be some other spy, but noo.
Jun 23, 2016 4:55 AM

Jul 2009
Another guy is after Yuki, and know we now a bit about Yuki's past.
Jun 25, 2016 5:18 AM

Nov 2011
Less exciting and eventful narrative, but it proved however the episode quite interesting. But I did not understand if the spy in the pay of Yuuki is really dead, although the final image appears to endorse my hypothesis, they also do not escape the imponderable. Excellent atmosphere this time too.
Jun 27, 2016 8:57 AM

Mar 2016
Idk anymore, this episode had me screaming internally (not in the fangirl way ofc) for about half an hour... Yuuki is so OP omg he's the best.
From all the people in the D Agency I didn't expect Miyoshi to die... I really liked him since the first chapter :'D
Jul 1, 2016 11:38 AM

Apr 2015
Yet again Yuuki is 1 step ahead XD.

Rip Miyoshi =''(
Jul 1, 2016 8:35 PM

Mar 2015
Noooooo Miyoshiii :(((

But at least we got to see how Yuuki lost his left!

Final episode here we go!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 5, 2016 4:24 PM

Mar 2015
I'm so mad that Miyoshi died... I thought that there was this underlying "Miyoshi is the cool one" vibe that they gave off since the beginning of the show, but then they only show him dying????? I just don't want to accept this :(
〰坂本竜馬はホモなんですよ〰
Jul 9, 2016 11:16 AM

Jul 2014
I don't understand as to how Yuuki escaped from them in the first place. They didn't explain what the thing was in his hand that triggered the explosion.
Jul 10, 2016 7:46 AM

Apr 2014
karlstein12 said:
I don't understand as to how Yuuki escaped from them in the first place. They didn't explain what the thing was in his hand that triggered the explosion.

I believe that was a grenade that he had taken.
---------My Profile------------
Jul 11, 2016 5:41 PM

Dec 2013
I feel seriously down because of Miyoshi. I thought there will be a plot twist in the end but
I got seriously sad :(

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Jul 22, 2016 8:28 PM
Mar 2012
Younger Yuuki's smile completely badass. Nice backstory of his escape & arm injury. Rip Miyoshi, even tho it's episodic, him appearing in earliest episodes, then dying here feels like a full journey into spy work.
Jul 30, 2016 11:49 AM

Jul 2014
I didn't think any of Yuuki's spies would die.... such a sudden and lonely death too T^T Miyoshiiiiiii </3
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Aug 3, 2016 5:18 PM

May 2012
Nice episode, looking forward to see what the last episode will offer!
Aug 4, 2016 6:25 AM
Dec 2009
ringo_juice said:
It was really sad for him to die.. Until the very end I was hoping for a twist to prevent his death ahh.

Same, I kept thinking they would suddenly reveal that it was a stand-in or there was some big twist... :(
Aug 31, 2016 5:05 AM

Feb 2013
Cool episode yet again.
Jan 28, 2017 10:05 PM
Dec 2015
Spoiler:

Maaan, I didn't expect Miyoshi to die. Really wish we got to see more from him.
Mar 11, 2017 1:28 AM
Nov 2014
Still not over Miyoshi's death. Ugh. :(
May 24, 2017 11:39 PM

Dec 2012
Dat beating.
Dat flash. LMAO at how dude just slid behind to hide from the flash.
Dat face.
I suspect that prisoner is Yuuki.
That guy got old.
That officer looks like he could be his son.
Yuuki got dude shook. LMAO
Damn. "Joker game" spy actually died.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 29, 2017 11:17 AM

Aug 2016
...I am very frustrated by the fact that I was looking forward to episode 11 so much...just to see Miyoshi dead. And STAYING dead.

Q-Q The world is very cruel...
But with high probability I have to increase my rating just because of this episode XD
Akiho90May 29, 2017 11:36 AM
Sep 15, 2019 3:21 AM

Jul 2016
Ulquiorra said:
Cool episode yet again.

They have all been cool. I have really enjoyed this series.
May 12, 2021 12:50 PM

Oct 2019
A generally good episode marred by one major flaw that I will explain below. I really didn't expect we were going to see more of Yuuki's past after last episode and yet we did, this time from the point of view of one old German frenemy of his. We also found out how Yuuki lost his left hand; which, as has been mentioned, he disguises as being real, pretending that his right hand is the prosthetic (though that would be utterly impossible to accomplish, even today, let alone with the primitive non-robotic prosthetics of the late '30s..). So Miyoshi is dead. Even the best spy in the world can apparently not survive being a passenger in the middle of two crashing trains..

The flaw is about Yuuki's preposterous escape during WW1. Right before the escape he was being carried by a German soldier who placed Yuuki's right hand over his shoulder. While he carried him to chain him to that wooden beam Yuuki (off-screen) sneakily stole one of the soldier's grenades with his left hand. No problem with that.

The problem was that the German soldier used that very same left hand to chain him to the beam, complete with that big-ass grenade in hand that was almost as big as his entire arm! Even if the German soldier was blind he would have probably felt that grenade with his hands as he chained his hand. He wasn't blind, and thus there was no way in hell he could have missed it. So why/how did he miss it? Well, because the plot wanted Yuuki to escape so that he starts D-Agency ~20 years later and we have a show..

It would have not been a problem if the German soldier had chained Yuuki's right hand to the beam with Yuuki hiding the grenade with his left hand, sleight of hand style, behind the beam. But in that case Yuuki would have lost his right hand, contradicting what was shown in episode 2. This could have still been resolved if the German soldier carried Yuuki by placing his left hand on his soldier, Yuuki stole and threw the grenade with his right hand and the soldier again chained Yuuki's left hand, but the writers preferred to install unnecessary amounts of plot armor on Yuuki.. :/
SharpedonMay 12, 2021 12:55 PM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Joker Game Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2016

155 by yveltalkyogre »»
Sep 25, 6:09 PM

» novel license

theek1 - Jul 12, 2022

1 by NemuriNezumi »»
Jan 14, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Joker Game Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2016

347 by Samir1237 »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:21 PM

» Why such low score ?

Shomix - May 21, 2016

22 by ina6_- »»
Jul 9, 2022 8:13 AM

Poll: » Joker Game Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2016

207 by metawin »»
Aug 6, 2021 9:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.