Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 7, 2014 8:08 PM

Jan 2014
xxyyxx said:
I was hoping to see improvement in Yuuta and Rikka's relationship but nope. D:
same
Sylverith said:
Ah.. i feel sorry for Satone.
and same. :P
anime with cute girls is my thing.
Mar 7, 2014 8:30 PM
Dec 2013
Senninn1 said:
TTGL reference's for the win.

Satone, realizing her love? No matter what, Yuuta and Rikka will keep going strong.

My guess would be that in the end of Next Episode Satone will confess, and then it ends.

She didn't just realize those feelings. its been heavily implied that she came to terms with her feelings a while ago and reached a crossroad where she determined she couldn't continue on with her delusional lifestyle and have a healthy relationship with him so she chose the delusions over her feelings for him. (She was right that she couldn't have both) Rikka is determined to keep her delusional lifestyle and the relationship.

there is no love triangle either.The two leads are clearly a couple and will stay that way. it's not even a question.
Mar 7, 2014 8:34 PM
Dec 2013
xxdeathx said:
Oh man the love triangle is official

Ever seen True Tears? That was a love triangle. there was a real dilemma and the protagonist struggled with who to pick.

This here is two people like each other and are in a relationship and an old friend shows up who had feelings for the guy. If anything she'll probably do one of those confessions people do in these sorts of shows where they know they'll get shot down but say it for the sake of saying it.
Mar 7, 2014 9:41 PM
Aug 2011
Stupid ending.
This season is a complete downgrade from the previous.
Mar 7, 2014 10:06 PM

Nov 2011
Lame.... They better make an arc where it was like a "What if" for Satome.... I'd rather see her with Yuuta than with Rikka... Getting tired of Rikka still being a child was hopign that she was going to start maturing soon...
Mar 7, 2014 10:54 PM

Nov 2012
Tooka scare me for a second, she almost broke my heart.
I want Shichimiya to go away. I got nothing against her, but the more they show those memories of her and Yuuta, the more I like her better than Rikka. If this continues, I will completely stop liking Rikka.

I would also like a spin off of "what if" Shichimya x Yuuta.
Shichimiya X Yuuta looks a cuter couple on those memories than Yuuta X Rikka.
Mar 7, 2014 11:09 PM

Aug 2013
jiraiya_sensei said:
Faust91x said:
xPreatorianx said:
One last thing - why are people wanting Rikka to grow up? I doubt that's going to happen. (mind you I haven't read the LN, manga, or whatever.) I personally believe it would suck if Rikka grew up. I like her Chubo moments. Plus I like it when she flips back and forth from Chubo to the cute "yuuta scenes." Her "yuuta" voice just makes me melt! lmao. But the appeal to this entire show is the whole Chubo thing.

EDIT: Also have to agree with Akichi. Shichimiya definitely isn't bone headed, or "innocent" when it comes to her feelings and how promiscuous people are at that age. She blew Rikka out of the water lol. Same goes for Yuuta as well. She imagines going all the way with Yuuta while Rikka get's all warm and fuzzy over holding hands and kissing him on the cheek lol!

Well more than grow up I'd like her to have some balance. It gets annoying when she's in Chuuni mode all the time to the point she can't operate as a human being. It makes hard to relate with her.

In that aspect I preferred Satone this season as she can act Chuuni or serious when needed.

And wow that Satone really goes to the deep end when in love, XD

About Yuuta, I remember he was far more caring about what happened to Rikka in S1 or at least less oblivious. He looks more generic this season or is it just my imagination?

I don't think anyone watching this show can identify with Rikka unless you have a case of "chuunibyou" yourself.

Rikka, Dekomori, and Satone are all extreme cases of chuuni. You can't apply normal people's logic for them. In any case it's not like they are completely dysfunctional to the real world as you implied. Rikka simply likes to act chuuni but it's not like she doesn't have any common sense (like how she realized that it'd be dangerous to try catching Cento's sword without using both eyes. It's a small example but if she's as bad as you implied, she'll act all Jao Shingan and try to catch it pretending she can see).

The fact that she's becoming more and more conscious of her romance life is enough prove that she's growing. That she lost her power temporarily in this episode also showed that there's a side of her that wants to (and can) be normal in order to make her relationship with Yuuta more fulfilling and serious. At the same time I don't think it's right for Rikka to completely drop her chuuni persona ever because that would change her into someone who's not "Rikka", basically changing the person that Yuuta fell in love with in the first place (Yuuta told Touka that he loves Rikka because she has something he has lost).

Well I thought she represented the geek in us that likes to play and daydream but taken to its hilarious extremes.

But seriously, things like spending all her money (which she didn't even earn) or asking Yuuta to bear with her shortcomings (like at the beginning, fuzzing with a tomato? WTF?) gets annoying, its like she's a baby or something.

Actually if controlled Rikka would make an excellent LARPER XD
Mar 7, 2014 11:18 PM

Jun 2013
I mean, did we ever believe Satone WASN'T in love with Yuuta? Pssha.
Mar 8, 2014 8:33 AM

Sep 2012
FUCK THAT ENDING! Why simply revert all progress, for God's sake?
Mar 8, 2014 8:40 AM

Jan 2013
Chuunibyo season 5: Still waiting for mouth to mouth kiss.
A friend and I started ShoukoChan Anime T-shirts. We design modern and fashionable anime T-shirts you'd love to wear on a day out. Come check us out!
Mar 8, 2014 8:48 AM

Oct 2013
The only scenes that I liked is the ending when Shichimiya thinks as to what would've happened if she pursued her love for Yuta.

And also when Touka came back along with her rockin' body
Mar 8, 2014 8:49 AM

Jul 2011
BlackShock_ said:
Chuunibyo season 5: Still waiting for mouth to mouth kiss.

Never gonna happen, it's a KyoAni's show after all.
Mar 8, 2014 9:47 AM

Apr 2007
Fellow viewers, would you consider it a happy ending or a sad ending if, in the final episode, Rikka were to outgrow her chuunibyou and start having a normal teenager's romantic relationship with Yuuta?

I'd consider that a win.
Mar 8, 2014 9:53 AM

Sep 2012
Pond said:
Fellow viewers, would you consider it a happy ending or a sad ending if, in the final episode, Rikka were to outgrow her chuunibyou and start having a normal teenager's romantic relationship with Yuuta?

I'd consider that a win.

That's all I could ask of this show.
Mar 8, 2014 11:26 AM

Aug 2013
Ohh, the obligatory season beach/pool episode. Of course, of course...

Poor Satone, she really have no chance and she know it. Still, she continue to advance and try to help Rikka, even if it's painful for her... It look like Rikka is really advancing with baby step, but I guess that in the few next episode, with the help of Satone, she will more ''agressive''.

And so Touka reappear with her child! Or not her child... :(
That little brat was funny. Ouch, a full power hit, that must have hurted xD

There are again a lot of DekomorixNibutani fanservice like when they were sleeping together bothe in the house and in the train.

Pond said:

I'd consider that a win.

Personally, I would not consider it as an happy ending or a sad ending. Would be more of a bittersweet ending. Why do I say that? Because of how she was the last time she got out of her Chuunibyou. She was not herself anymore, she seemed artificial. But if Yuuta would start to threat her as a real girlfriend could, that awkward feeling get away? Maybe, maybe not. It's hard to predict how Rikka would react to the lost of her chuunibyou. But I don't think it would be a bad ending.
minouneetzoeMar 8, 2014 11:29 AM
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 8, 2014 11:39 AM

Aug 2013
Litrydow said:
Pond said:

I'd consider that a win.

Maybe not lose it, but some control over it would be nice. If this wasn't a slice of life comedy I'd diagnose her wish schizophrenia because she is too extreme on her behavior.
Mar 8, 2014 12:08 PM
Feb 2014
jiraiya_sensei said:
YumeNoMonogatari said:
After reading some of the comments I feel like I'm the only one enjoying the show.

Nah don't worry. A lot of people still enjoy it (hence the high rating). It's just that some people expect this show to be something it isn't. Some hate it because it doesn't spiral into a love triangle drama like they want (for some reason) from the get go. I would never be able to understand them as Chuuni has always been quite a chill show. Season 1 had like 2 maybe 3 episodes at most with "serious" drama, somehow people are expecting something like that even though imo they've already dealt with the most difficult issue (Rikka's reason to become a chuuni). All that's left is some love triangle drama, which we're about to get, but again some other people don't like that it's heading that way too.

No matter what direction this show takes there'll always be some who isn't satisfied because it's not going they want to. At the same time, slice-of-life fan like me will still enjoy this show since we get to see more of our beloved characters as well as some development between them like Dekomori's love and hate relationship with Mori Summer as well as Rikka's progress with Yuuta no matter how small it is. I don't mind some drama (season 1 was touching and I get the feeling this time it will too) but making it the focus of this entire season would be wrong.

THANK you!
All I see is bitching lol
Mar 8, 2014 12:09 PM
Feb 2014
You guys are being ridiculously bitter it's hilarious.
Mar 8, 2014 12:44 PM
Aug 2011
Pond said:

I'd consider that a win.

I'd consider that a happy ending.
The first season pretty much established that the only reason she has chuunibyou is because that was her way of coping with the loss of her father.
A Rikka with chuunibyou is a person who hasn't moved on with her life.

What I don't consider good, is a season that studders around back and forth with this supposed love triangle and squanders everything else in the process.

makocake said:
You guys are being ridiculously bitter it's hilarious.

Quiet you.
Mar 8, 2014 4:58 PM
Sep 2013
Question is: why isn't Yuuta sitting with his girlfriend? Love triangle logic...
Mar 8, 2014 5:32 PM

Mar 2009
Best episode of the series. Touka's such a babe.
Mar 8, 2014 7:24 PM

Dec 2013
Even though I'm still enjoying the show every week, we are 3/4 of the way through and nothing has really happened, so if there is an actual love triangle thing its probably going to feel really rushed through 3 episodes (or is this season longer?)
Mar 8, 2014 10:05 PM

Dec 2009
waalex11 said:
Anyone else find it dumb how Rikka wants to revive Yuuta's "Dark Flame Dragon" (a metaphor for his childish days of playing super hero with the 8th-grader-syndrome)

Especially when... just as Sophia sacrificed her development in falling in love with Yuuta to then confess to him and start dating. To instead keep playing as super hero with the 8th-grader-syndrome... wtf.
And now Rikka is stuck at a decision?
Because she's losing her "powers" (care of playing super hero) from maturing with love. Why not let herself go and mature and develop their feelings even more and progress as a couple? And why not keep that dumb 8th-grader-syndrome that you love so much WHILE progressing as a couple. It's not like that's not possible. This is so dumb.

Still love the show though, just find that this is a little silly.
Woops, sorry nevermind. I didn't watch long enough.
Seems as Yuuta said and as they've both chosen, they are going to continue as a couple with the 8th-grader-syndrome for eternity.

Oho, and Sophia's feelings are coming back, this is going to be fun.
Mar 8, 2014 10:14 PM

Apr 2012
This so Sweet episode :D

Satone blush in the end cause remember his past.

Hope this Triangle love Problem end's well.

Mar 8, 2014 11:42 PM

Oct 2012
GAHH...now I really really like Satone and Yuuta together >.< But in the end, we all know he'll reject her :(

Mar 9, 2014 1:44 AM

Sep 2013
Rikka can defeat the love triangle if she kisses him by the end. Hopefully
Mar 9, 2014 3:40 AM

Jan 2014
daysun22 said:
http://i.imgur.com/XIBJtJc.jpg
here's hoping from now on we don't get another filler... this was a great episode. Really disappointed Rikka chose BOTH Yuuta and her Chuunibyou, dammit, I wanna see her grow up, not return to her old self

SAME! I think all of them should grow up, especially Rikka. She needs to understand that she can't go on like that forever.

Cant wait for the next episode. This one actually followed along with the story line!
"I am not a friend of justice. I am an enemy of evil." - Senjougahara Hitagi
"What we see is reality, what we remember is an illusion." - Cloud Strife
Mar 9, 2014 3:42 AM

Jan 2014
Faust91x said:
Litrydow said:
Pond said:

I'd consider that a win.

Maybe not lose it, but some control over it would be nice. If this wasn't a slice of life comedy I'd diagnose her wish schizophrenia because she is too extreme on her behavior.

I'd definitely want her move on. Its childish and they have to grow out of it eventually.
"I am not a friend of justice. I am an enemy of evil." - Senjougahara Hitagi
"What we see is reality, what we remember is an illusion." - Cloud Strife
Mar 9, 2014 3:56 AM
Sep 2009
KiyoshiKnight said:
Faust91x said:
Litrydow said:
Pond said:

I'd consider that a win.

I'd definitely want her move on. Its childish and they have to grow out of it eventually.

Nah, I think there should be a compromise. Rikka losing her chuunibyou would be far too bittersweet, like she's letting go of her childhood. If anything, I think a better ending would be Yuuta accepting that life is more fun when you let your heart stay youthful. Not to stay that their relationship shouldn't progress romantically of course.
Mar 9, 2014 5:36 AM

May 2011
The first half of this episode gave me hope that they would end the series with Rikka dropping the chuuni completely... what a disappointment it turned into. Also, isn't it a bit late for a love triangle?
Mar 9, 2014 8:28 AM
Jul 2013
sssss465 said:
What if I want Satone to win?

you arent the only one.
Mar 9, 2014 10:05 AM

May 2010
'...Why isn't everyone laughing?' was the funniest thing in this sequel. Too bad the first season was full of moments like this.
Sigh, this series really needs to decide if it wants to have plot or not. Well, won't deny, loved episode because of Satone, I feel so sorry for her now :( Hopefully she will get some reward in the end.

NihonFalcom said:
They fucking did it.

Moe TTGL, that's all I ever wanted from the anime industry <3
Mar 9, 2014 1:00 PM

Apr 2011
Loved Rikka's triumphant return to her powered-up state! I'm really starting to think this is a true supernatural anime and the 'muggles' just have blinders on or can't see into the dimension that the real fighting is going on in. How else would Rikka's memories be getting flashed into the girls' minds?

Excellent references to TTGL ('believe in the me that believes in the you that believes in the me that believes ...") and Evangelion (the 'entry plug' thing), during the battle. We didn't really get to see Saotone cut loose, though ... it was more about Rikka going Full Armor and kicking ass.

I like the love triangle, though personally I'd most like Rikka and Saotone together :P Rikka's just too good for the boring-ass stick in the mud that is Yuuta. I also kinda like that Nibutani and Dekomori are pretty much lesbians now. I'm watching Sakura Trick this season too, so I'm used to a female-heavy cast that's also heavy on the yuri :P

Glad they weren't going for a "Rikku loses her powers and becomes a normal girl" ending to the season, especially since that's pretty much how season 1 ended.
Mar 9, 2014 4:53 PM

Aug 2012
Lol i seriously thought that was Touka's daughter.
Mar 9, 2014 10:00 PM

Mar 2013
Am I the only person who thinks that the new character is really dragging this show down? I'm feeling i'd be enjoying this alot more without her
Full time redditor and fedora owner, gg
Mar 10, 2014 12:06 AM
Feb 2014
Episode 10 Preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THOYWQJDFdk&list=UUpGY2vcoKXf7K6tFzsbSv7w

Official website:

http://www.anime-chu-2.com/story/10/

KyoAni REALLY wants a love triangle to happen!?!?!?!?
Mar 10, 2014 6:22 AM

Jun 2011
Episode 10 preview:

\KOKUHAKU/ \KOKUHAKU/
\NTR/ NTR/
ShihMar 10, 2014 7:11 AM
Mar 10, 2014 6:38 AM

Jul 2011
Shih said:
Episode 10 preview:

KOKUHAKU/ KOKUHAKU/
NTR/ NTR/

Really? Well ,well. Where is my damn popcorn ? I can't wait for the next episode!
Mar 10, 2014 3:47 PM

Oct 2013
sssss465 said:

You and I both, bud.

I'm sorry, but if Rikka doesn't choose to grow up, then I'd rather give a second chance to Satone who is more than willing to live a normal life with normal Yuuta.
Mar 10, 2014 3:48 PM

Jul 2012
JhnJsph said:
sssss465 said:

You and I both, bud.

I'm sorry, but if Rikka doesn't choose to grow up, then I'd rather give a second chance to Satone who is more than willing to live a normal life with normal Yuuta.

+1
Mar 10, 2014 4:52 PM
Sep 2011
Started interesting, hinting at Rikka getting some major character development as she finds her love for Yuuta is beginning to make her outgrow her Chuunibyou. Then by the end they make all that potential drama completely worthless and make the whole episode pointless filler other than the last 30 seconds.

I don't like what there doing with Shichimiya. I said right away that the cast of Chuuni was too strong for a new character to be introduced without her being massively overshadowed, and in my opinion up to this point I was completely right. And of all things to do with her they pick the most predictable and generic path - a love triangle. Maybe they won't go that way, but I think they are, which is so sad considering all the cool things that they could do.
Mar 10, 2014 8:12 PM

Jan 2011
Truth be told - I think Satone is the one really overshadowing Rikka atm. Not to mention she looks better too.
AlexGKMar 10, 2014 8:15 PM
Mar 10, 2014 8:34 PM

Sep 2013
That was a horrible joke, seriously wow.

Ow poor Rikka, that had to hurt.

It was cute how Deko was hugging Nibutani.

"I'm disreliepointed." Lawl

Lol when the crowed clapped XD

And here comes the love triangle >.>
Mar 12, 2014 3:09 AM

Nov 2010
Kyoani and mentally underdeveloped girls is not something that's exactly new, but this is getting to a point where I'm screaming for some parents to get involved and take that girl out of that environment so she can thrive as an adult.

She is not just "playing around" or "letting her inner child out". Her fantasy world affects her daily life and cripples her interactions with other people; it's not something that she can switch on and off. And instead of having people around her helping to overcome her issues, they are just making it worse. Even her older sister, who appears genuinely worried at times, plays along with her delusions.

I like kyoani's art and animation, and they sure can make some of the cutest moeblobs out there, but I can't take a step back, look at this, and not feel dirty. It would be OK if it was all comedy and daily life shenanigans (I highly prefer the filler episodes), but each time they take a slightly more serious tone everything gets dark fast, and now that we're past episode 9, I'm afraid we're only going to get more of that.
Mar 12, 2014 7:04 AM

Mar 2010
I don't want an NTR end but... But Rikka staying in her delusions kinda pissed me off a little
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Mar 12, 2014 7:16 AM

Jan 2014
Gersen said:
Kyoani and mentally underdeveloped girls is not something that's exactly new, but this is getting to a point where I'm screaming for some parents to get involved and take that girl out of that environment so she can thrive as an adult.

She is not just "playing around" or "letting her inner child out". Her fantasy world affects her daily life and cripples her interactions with other people; it's not something that she can switch on and off. And instead of having people around her helping to overcome her issues, they are just making it worse. Even her older sister, who appears genuinely worried at times, plays along with her delusions..

But this is the hole point of the show, and it's not necessarily meant as somewhat good or cute.

By the way, if the episodes are 12, I think there'll be not enough time to be this triangle thing well - developed.
Mar 12, 2014 10:42 AM

May 2009
I wouldn't look too much into the love triangle. I seriously doubt Satone is really going to confess just to spite Rikka, but more to get it out of her system, as it's been weighing her down for all those years.

Rikka will probably need a long time to grow up. Keep in mind that she's a few years behind mentally, so she'll mature slower than your average girl. Yuuta knows this, hence why he's willing to wait for her. And it's for that reason why I think he's not going to leave Rikka behind and hook up with Satone. I'd call it a very dickish move if he did.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2014 2:48 PM

Dec 2011
Rikka is just way too cute
Mar 12, 2014 2:48 PM

Jan 2014
-LetItGo said:
Rikka is just way too cute
agreed.
anime with cute girls is my thing.
Mar 12, 2014 5:49 PM

Apr 2013
OH WOW Sophia is the power ♥
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2014

416 by HoneyBees91 »»
Sep 14, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2014

202 by HoneyBees91 »»
Sep 6, 4:40 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Jan 7, 2014

297 by Ming_Nguyen »»
Jul 24, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2014

265 by nirererin »»
Jun 16, 7:28 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2014

170 by Tenshi_Budo »»
Jun 1, 1:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.