Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
WIND BREAKER
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 27, 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
This episode definitely teased a bit of the next arc/season with the KEEL group. Poor Anzai, he looked a bit broken.

But seriously, the eerie vibe of this season finale got me hyped. It might not be a big cinematic finale but still had a lot of attitude and personality. I like how Haruka kept his cool this episode, perhaps anticipating what's ahead. Good season, even at 13 episodes. It highlghted the various themes of the show and delivered a lot of action and character personalities.

Season 2 coming 2025.
Jun 27, 8:53 AM

Dec 2021
Face-to-face with the Four Kings...

The fact that Sugishita is a gardener of all thing now really makes me want to know more about his past and why he's pledged his loyalty to Umemiya. Whatever though, looks like they're setting up the new main villain for the next season/part, a.k.a Keel. In the most shounen way to set up a villain, with them beating up one of their allies. Though it's more than just Keel going out their way for no reason, obviously it's because of Anzai and his buddy Nagato. Really gonna do this troupe of making an arc around a side character we know nothing about huh... sigh.

Though, it seems these Keel dudes are NOT playing, like wtf was that picture...??? At the very least, they didn't get the girl thankfully. And I know it's a stupid troupe to not have police exist in these anime's for whatever reason that is, which I could understand to an extent why the police hadn't gotten involed up till now, BUT THESE DUDES ARE FUCKING ROBBING PEOPLE... THAT IS A CRIME RIGHT? Whatever bruh, this'll be the real test to see if Sakura's worthy of being a leader, from what it seems.

Yes this is just Tokyo Revengers with good animation, and yes I'm bias because I LOVE Tokyo Revengers, so FUCK YEAH BRING ON MORE.

SEASON TWO IN 2025!

https://twitter.com/winbre_sakura/status/1806355417200824395

Jun 27, 8:54 AM

Jul 2017
Meeting Bofurin's Four Kings for the first time, Umemiya...still promotes his plants, just because he can lols. But on a serious note, he requires everyone's helping to maintain the current peace that they have now.

Sakura being formally introduced for the first time to Tamon Team's 2nd year Grade Captain Matsumoto, Yanagida and Kaji, the same people he met on the first day he arrived, they're essentially the big brothers of the group. But a rival group looking for specific Furin High people, it's KEEL, the group wearing white jackets with blue dragon skeletons, which Anzai is their target. It's obvious that Sakura and the others know about his situation, and Suo managed to link the two together. Though the problem is that they don't know if Anzai needs help to begin with, since this is his own personal issue. Even then, a friend needing help is a friend in need, and Sakura blurts without a word to see one of Anzai's childhood friends, a girl named Tsuchiya.

The two childhood friends, plus the newcomer that is Nagato, they lived and breathed life together, though the realization that Anzai found Nagato in KEEL, the burden is far too great to ever reach the likes of Bofurin for help. But Sakura does so anyway...and the problem comes with chipping people for help, and that problem is realized when a letter in a manila envelope comes to Anzai telling him that KEEL has detained Nagato, only for the former to secretly scout the latter, and save him the latter didn't want to. And as much as Anzai didn't want Sakura and the others to be dragged into his personal affair, everyone is willing to chip out for a fellow buddy. That is, everyone, including Sugishita, whom Suo drags him in.

Season 2 coming next year, the fights are going to get more insane from here on out.
KANLen09Jun 28, 7:52 AM
Jun 27, 8:54 AM

May 2020
Sure but that’s the kind of greeting you would, or should only do when you’re sending an army of soldiers out there in an already losing cause of a war lol. But then again, this ain’t a normal school in the first place too. Now not sure how I feel about someone and his circumstances when we barely even know him… like not even barely, except the name I guess. Though he was a plot device and seeing how things have gone in this series, it’s fair to assume this was their best attempt.

A random group with their random as fuck dressing sense harrasing someone doesn’t even feel real tbh lol. But yeah that’s how they gonna conclude this season.. again randomly introducing a sappy backstory out of nowhere about someone I’d pay to know. Nevertheless, series is like a superior version of that fairly popular delinquent series this gets compared to, but only in the regards… that this had high schoolers instead of middle schoolers and a good going animation. Rest is more or less on equal footing, however you compare.

By the way, this doesn’t even feel like an ending lol.. though makes sense when the cour two was planned to follow through since the start.
Jun 27, 8:55 AM

Nov 2019
Jun 27, 9:09 AM

Feb 2019
Fire final episode 🔥 and Season 2 announced let’s gooo. Best delinquent anime I’ve seen no doubt. Gave us what Tokyo Revengers never could.

It’s fitting that the final episode is basically about Sakura teaching Anzai to open up to Bofurin and rely on his friends to get him out of this tough situation with KEEL. Sakura himself still has a lot of room to grow, but he’s shown he’s on the right path and I can’t wait to see where he goes in season 2.

That hallway and park scenes were my two faves of this finale. Park scene with Anzai’s childhood friend really showed that Sakura has taken to heart all the things Kotoha and the others have been telling him. May be a massive Tsundere, but you can always rely on him in a pinch. That “leave it up to me” with the flustered face was so cute! He’s a sweetheart, but damn he greedy af for not sharing any food with her 😂

The hallway scene animation didn’t have to go that hard wtf Cloverworks. Last week the cat chase and now this lmao

This KEEL arc should be over pretty quickly considering the numbers and strength that Bofurin pulling up with and that KEEL are supposed to be small.. but I’m sure they got some tricks up their sleeve like that picture at the end hinted. These mfs look completely depraved unlike Shishitoren who at least had morals and weren’t robbing people.

Honestly the whole drama is kinda funny tho because Anzai risked his ass to save Nagato from being damn near beat to death and his repayment is a hand slap and the whole gang being sicced on him 💀 like we saw with Kaiju number 8 last week, no good deed goes unpunished

Can’t wait for more of this and to learn more about the four heavenly kings next season! Tsubakino san looking a little tempting 😭
Marinate1016Jun 27, 12:35 PM
Jun 27, 9:40 AM

Apr 2020
Extremely overrated anime. Probably will be the most overrated anime of the year imo. Even more than Solo Levelling.
Both eye candy shows with very poor story and characters. I think Wind is less enjoyable tho.
5/10.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Jun 27, 10:53 AM

Jul 2017
No surprises that this got a season 2, but overall, found this to be a really boring and overly predictable and bland from the start from the story to its characters. It's not as dreadful as Tokyo Revengers and it does have the animation to back it up, but the story and characters make this almost as much of a drag of a watch by the end, especially with the 'tournament' in the middle. The Bofurin characters and even the opposition characters are all very boringly constructed including the main character and unfortunately, that feeling did not change throughout the entire watch (especially with the overly cliche 'sad' backstories at times here). The fights look good animation-wise but felt soulless to watch beyond the first episode. When I think of good delinquent anime from the top of my head, it goes to something like 'Kyou Kara Ore Wa' or 'Great Teacher Onizuka', not this one nor Tokyo Revengers. So yeah, this sucked for me and I don't expect the second season to magically be better.
Jun 27, 11:05 AM

Sep 2019
Way better than that other shit.
Jun 27, 11:06 AM

Nov 2016
It had some good looking fights going for it and I like Ume, the rest was so-so.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 27, 11:28 AM

Jan 2024
What a terrible way to end a season. Teasing next season is one thing but beginning one story and stopping before it gets going. Should have been 12 episodes.

It had decent first episode and 1-2 good episode in the middle rest was very boring and meh.
Jun 27, 11:40 AM

Jun 2008
Alright show, expected more from the first few episodes, kinda lost it's edge after that but looking forward to S2.
Jun 27, 11:42 AM

Dec 2020
Sakura character development even in the very last ep. Felt pretty bad for Anzai but now he has strong allies. KEEL gonna get killed in the season 2. Puttin' these aside seems like even this anime has traps sheesh just look at that guy wearin' lipstick and skirt on a physique of a professional fighter💀. Glad that this one didn't disappoint like Tokyo Shitvenger.

Rating: 7.2/10
Lookin' forward to season 2
Jun 27, 11:42 AM

Dec 2020
ArimaKana said:
Way better than that other shit.

Ikr Tokyo Shitvenger
Jun 27, 11:46 AM
May 2021
Was fun this series cant lie, excited for s2!
Jun 27, 11:48 AM

Jul 2020
so yeah it's like Tokyo Revengers but actually good. didn't think I'd be enjoying a delinquents anime so much. I'm excited for the next season
Jun 27, 12:14 PM
May 2018
It's amazing how we came back full circle where Anzai was literally in the same mindset when we first met Sakura in episode 1. They are quite similar since they both want to solve their problems on their own

But, ever since Sakura joined Bofurin, it's lovely to see him take action as a leader to help out Anzai.

My overall thoughts about #WINDBREAKER are that this show was one of the best standouts this season.

I am super excited to see what will happen in season 2 since Bofurin is facing a new team called "Keel" and how Sakura steps up as Grade Class leader to help out Anzai.

Also, did anyone notice how amazing Cloverworks animated the stair sequence where Sakura is chasing after Anzai ?

I thought they would use 3D CGI for most of it, but I am glad they blended it so that it would look like 2D. 😁
Jun 27, 12:24 PM

Jul 2021
What a nice cliffhanger, can't wait for the next season!

I gotta say, the fighting scenes for this show were crazy, whoever directed them is nuts! The quality of the scenes maintained itself throughtout the whole season, I hope that they are able to do the same with S2!
Jun 27, 12:29 PM

Jul 2021
Another below average anime of this season. Still waiting for actual good delinquent series instead of crap like tokyo revengers and this.
The_Keyman-1Jun 27, 12:34 PM
Jun 27, 12:31 PM

Aug 2015
now that season 2 is confirmed, that last episode was so good, I can't wait.
Jun 27, 12:44 PM

Nov 2019
Reply to The_Keyman-1
Another below average anime of this season. Still waiting for actual good delinquent series instead of crap like tokyo revengers and this.
The_Keyman-1 said:
Still waiting for actual good delinquent series instead of crap like tokyo revengers and this.

+1 on this, there's definitely better delinquent sources out there to adapt

edit: since a few asked for examples here are a few

Out, QP, Worst (literally exact same plot as WB but executed with a more grittier premise), To not die

Less delinquent and more gang activity: Castle, Baek XX, Lookism, Boss in School
ST63LTHJun 27, 6:44 PM
Jun 27, 12:48 PM
May 2020
Not the worst shounen ever but the pacing was off.
Where is the faculty?
Where are the girls?
Where is the ManService?
See you all at season 2!
Jun 27, 12:50 PM

May 2023
fun show really enjoyed this season, entering a new conflict at the end of the season made me annoyed, but at least I immediately received information that there would be a season 2 in 2025 so I was waiting to see how Sakura Class would fight the KEEL gang.
Jun 27, 1:10 PM

May 2024
seeing a lot of hate for this show but I honestly really enjoyed it, I do think the pacing was a bit slow at times but i didn't really see it as a big issue. The only issue I really had is that I found sakura kind of annoying at first, but at the same time I could tell he was going to grow as a character so again, didn't really bother me too much. This was the first delinquent anime I've ever watched, so maybe that's why I don't see much issue with it since a lot of people who dislike it seem to of watched much more delinquent anime than I. Either way, I enjoyed it and can't wait for season 2.. It's so far away though I honestly might pick up the manga sometime soon instead
Jun 27, 1:15 PM
Aug 2020
Sakura is my guy, real leader...

8/10
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 27, 1:16 PM
Sep 2023
Glad to see Sakura doing his job as the grade-captain.Umemiya had a great influence on him.
But that’s not a way to finish a season.They could have finished the season with everything becoming peaceful after defeating KEEL
Jun 27, 1:17 PM

Oct 2017
Not much on the four kings, not even any interactions except name drops and showing us their faces. Guess they'll be properly introduced and play important roles in respective arcs. For now new trouble with another group, KEEL. Can't live a bro alone when he's in trouble so the entire class is joining in. First time Sakura will be leading a group. Very excited for the fight. Why did they had to make this split cour. Also the new girl is cute too.

Really enjoyed the season, wasn't expecting much but glad I ended up watching it. Love Kotoha chan and I need my ship to sail, best girl. Props to cloverworks for the great adaptation/animation. Was a delight watching the action scenes. Now gotta wait till next year for s2/cour 2. See ya'll again then.
Jun 27, 1:25 PM

Dec 2014
daym, what a way to end the season
Jun 27, 1:40 PM
Apr 2024
can't wait for season2
nice animation hope season 2 carries it ;)
Jun 27, 1:49 PM

Nov 2021
Okay the last episode was good though I'm kind mad they left this fight with keel as a cliffhanger.They def could have had better pacing and add this in the 13 episodes itself.

The middle part of the anime was kinda dragged out more than it needed to but oh well...7/10 from me.
Jun 27, 2:00 PM
Apr 2020
ST63LTH said:
The_Keyman-1 said:
Still waiting for actual good delinquent series instead of crap like tokyo revengers and this.

y'all gonna keep crapping on Wind Breakers or actually give examples?
Jun 27, 2:48 PM
Mar 2019
Normally, I prefer a magical girl/romance/drama anime but I tried it out because a friend of mine told me about it & she said she was liking it. I'm glad I gave it a chance! I very much enjoyed this! The characters are likeable, there was great action, good writing, & a good story! I hate that it ended on a cliffhanger but I'm very much looking forward to the next season. 8.5/10 for me.
Jun 27, 3:00 PM
Nov 2023
Not my usual style, but really entertaining and well made. People complaining about realism issues like no adult authority figures have a point, but this isn’t a documentary. Who cares, it’s just fun and games!
Only complaint I have is that the last episode was basically ep 1 of next season, shoulda stopped at 12.
Jun 27, 3:02 PM
Nov 2023
Genkai_Haven said:
ST63LTH said:

y'all gonna keep crapping on Wind Breakers or actually give examples?

Maybe Keyman will make it him/herself and surprise us all with a masterpiece? About time something overtook Frieren 😂
Jun 27, 3:10 PM

Jul 2021
That "running in the hallway" shot was completely unnecessary but just beautifully animated.

I guess this applies to the whole show. Great style and animation, but there wasn't much substance there. Sakura vs. Togame did get to me, though.

I think the story's still just getting started, but at the moment I'm not sure I'll be coming back for Season 2. A bit of a shame.
Jun 27, 3:11 PM
May 2024
really great episode
Jun 27, 3:23 PM

May 2023
this show gets alot of unneccesary hate tbh. its a good show with cool characters and good animation. Excited for season 2
Jun 27, 3:27 PM
Dec 2022
were so back season 2 coming
Jun 27, 3:28 PM
Dec 2022
Next arc is looking good, can’t wait. Although, we gotta wait a whole year now😭
Jun 27, 3:34 PM

Jun 2008
Can't say I enjoyed this 'ending', in fact it's one of the most boring episodes among the last few generally unimpressive ones (after the Shishitoren arc), which at least had a nice chill/casual, albeit sappy, vibe to them. Here instead, the mood was overdramatic, and no one actually noticed how the animation - along with the pacing - was kinda... off? Everything seemed so stale. Guess they were trying too hard to give it a serious aura, yesterday they were chasing cats, now it's all forcefully gloomy 😕
But, I'm happy it's been confirmed to have a second season. The upcoming bad guys are savages from what I've seen in the manga spoilers. Looking forward to more cool fighting and characters (and more Kame-chan)~

watching, waiting, commiserating
Jun 27, 3:50 PM

Feb 2019
I'm soooo happy a second season was announced, coz they can't freaking end the season like that after opening up a new arc! Hahaha

Sakura's got his own sense of justice, and that's what makes him a bit more like Umemiya.
Jun 27, 3:56 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
When the squad has your back. That was a cool finale and looking forward to the next season
Jun 27, 4:04 PM
Oct 2016
Sakura is taking his role as grade Captain very seriously. Meeting with all the upper brass of Furin on the rooftop to see the four kings and all their secondaries. Along with the other grade Captain ranked below them. Sakura gets a full scope of how many strong people are between him and the top. The boys happening upon a fellow classmate in need Anzai. Sakura learning about his complicated situation with a childhood friend that's fallen in with the wrong crowd. This episode did a lot of setup for the group named Keel, whom our boys will be facing soon. Anzai struggle to help his friend was very sad to hear, he really tried to get him back but Nagato has fallen too deep into Keel. Their jackets with the blue Dragon skeleton look super creepy, the way they act so detached is unsettling. As if their only purpose is violence against those they deem warranting it and nothing else. Sakura pursuing Anzai looked incredible, the animation one final time this season really shined. Sakura promise to the girl cementing his determination to help Anzai, the massive crowd of Furin bros stepping up to help as well was awesome. They're one big family so when a single member hurts they all do. Sakura leading the charge to go stop Keel and rescue Nagato. This first season did a great job at introducing us to this world and these characters in a fun way. A delinquent story done very well where they're really like heroes of justice more than anything. We got some awesome fights and some intense character moments I loved seeing. If the second season is anything like this it will be another wild ride in 2025!!!

90/100
Jun 27, 4:48 PM

Apr 2022
ofc s2 announced already lol, the show fell off after the first episode which actually seemed promising but the rest was just annoying. animation was the only good thing, besides that it's no better than tokyo revengers.
Jun 27, 4:49 PM

Mar 2021
How is there a girl's uniform in an all-boys' school?? XD

I swear, this delinquent anime is like a work anime packaged with pretty wrapping — that rooftop hangout played out like a networking event lol.

Obv Suo deduces Keel is responsible for Anzai's injuries cuz plot, and everything has to be relevant and tie in together. :P

This was a fun anime for the season but I prob won't watch S2 unless it comes out in a slow season. :)
Jun 27, 4:50 PM
May 2018
ST63LTH said:
The_Keyman-1 said:

like what exactly ?
Jun 27, 5:00 PM
Jul 2022
best anime ever! I can't wait for season 2!!
Jun 27, 5:01 PM

May 2019
This one was a bit tough for me to rate since I mostly liked it but it did have some parts that dragged on a bit. Also, while I didn't care for this leaving on a cliffhanger at least we know a 2nd season is being made.

I'll add that the animation was top notch and in particular I was impressed with the animated sequence in this episode when Sakura chased and confronted Anzai as they were running down the stairs in the school.

7/10
Jun 27, 5:07 PM
Feb 2022
Cliffhanging! Come here quick, 2025!

Or I'll read the manga from here while waiting.
Jun 27, 5:16 PM
Mar 2023
lebih baik dari tokrev cuman alurnya mirip crow zero
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 16

126 by SHS13 »»
Oct 10, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 9

124 by SHS13 »»
Oct 10, 5:30 AM

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2

117 by SHS13 »»
Oct 10, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 23

157 by sleepyfuton »»
Oct 7, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18

107 by SHS13 »»
Oct 6, 10:02 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.