Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yuri is My Job
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 13, 2023 7:24 AM

Jul 2017
There's an important rule in Liebe Girls Academy: NEVER, EVER let anyone know that you work in the weird Yuri café, and unfortunately for Hime's close friend Kanoko Mamiya, she's kinda of a closed person that Hime always has to bail her out in some form or another and can't be truthful about her own Yuri feelings with her close friend. Mitsuki still has the two-faced façade of not being called an "Onee-sama", and as expected, Kanoko would find Hime in the café. No matter, Manager Mai and the rest of the girls would do their due diligence, and Hime has to act out the part as well...which Kanoko took it literally by sight and caused a ruckus. To that effect, Mai putting the maid face on Kanoko, and she looks the cute part, which Mai puts the idea further that she is integrated into the role, without question.

Kanoko as Amamiya, and she can easily see through Hime and Mitsuki's stark "sisterly" Schwestern bond. Elegance is the name of the café, and to think that Kanoko did a better job than Hime, it's embarrassing. Other than the usual act of Sumika and Mitsuki, Kanoko took the act well and got the better reception due to her meekness, while Hime continues to fumble, which Mitsuki saves her skin as per usual as her Onee-sama character.

Hime, you got ridiculed by your very own friend, more than your Onee-sama, please be better at your job.
Apr 13, 2023 7:25 AM

Feb 2020
Definitely better than the first episode.

Blushing Kanoko was so cute. ^^ She really likes Hime. <3

"Do better, Hime!" Poor Hime, haha. Don't worry, girl. You'll get better in no time!

Nice end card.

SerafosApr 13, 2023 9:13 AM
Apr 13, 2023 7:44 AM

Jul 2020
well, this was somehow better than the first episode, but still pretty meh
I didn't understand how Kanoko found where Hime worked.. like did she follow her or what? 
That moment at the end with Mitsuki and Hime looking into each other's eyes was sweet
Apr 13, 2023 7:44 AM
Apr 2023
Kanoko face at the end was bit scary lol. But overall I like episode two I can't wait for the next one!
Apr 13, 2023 7:46 AM

Mar 2021
Nice episode Kanoko is cute
Apr 13, 2023 7:55 AM

Apr 2014
I think I can smell some yandere vibes from Kanoko 😂
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 13, 2023 8:29 AM

Mar 2020
I wonder why Mai wants to be so secretive about the cafe, with her telling Hime not to tell anyone about the cafe, but even so, it was only a matter of time before Kanoko would find out one way or another, and now she's part of the crew as well. Probably some kind of blackmail like "If you work here, Hime won't get into trouble." is what I'm guessing.

Hime sucks at the job, but I haven't seen the staff even attempt to teach her about how the cafe works, with the sisterly bonds, how the "school" works, and how you're supposed to act. How do you expect her to be competent if you don't show her the ropes properly? Doesn't matter I guess, Hime is just destined for ridicule, what a poor staff member smh. Typical workplace environment am I right?
McsuperApr 13, 2023 8:34 AM
Apr 13, 2023 8:34 AM
Jul 2013
LOL'd 
Funny episode
Apr 13, 2023 8:55 AM

Feb 2019
I had so much second hand embarrassment for Kanoko during that first exchange at the host restaurant. Damn near had to cover my eyes when watching lol because of how dense she is.

Hime’s building herself a little yuri love triangle. Ayanokoji is a bitch for no reason, but it’s clearly to hide something. That little look at the end with she and Hime too.. maybe she’s got a heart under there after all. Kanoko is the yandere childhood friend who wants hime all to herself, should be fun
Apr 13, 2023 9:43 AM

Mar 2014
New girl is cute and kinda interesting
Apr 13, 2023 9:44 AM
Aug 2021
Better than the last episode, calmed down with the drama.
Apr 13, 2023 9:47 AM
Aug 2020
Def not best anime, but for a good change, its kinda fresh to see something like this, not usually isekai franchise. Sry for bad english.
Apr 13, 2023 10:47 AM
Jan 2019
Inexplicable said:
well, this was somehow better than the first episode, but still pretty meh
I didn't understand how Kanoko found where Hime worked.. like did she follow her or what? 
That moment at the end with Mitsuki and Hime looking into each other's eyes was sweet

Yes this made me happy. My only happiness is momentarily from Yuri anime goddammit
Apr 13, 2023 11:41 AM
Feb 2015
Kanoko is an interesting addition to spice things up, behind that shy and quiet front, she has an insanely scary yandere personality beneath all that timidness.
Despite still thinking how scummy some of the characters are (surprised still that Sumika is perhaps the nicest out of the lot), I'm starting to enjoy it a bit more than last week's frustration.

I still do wonder if they even gave Hime any proper training at all or even just letting her know what she needs to know because she has no idea what on earth some of the menu items are due to the use of the German language for their menu items. If Hime is to work part time there, she should at least be let known what the menu items are and have her study upon them because it's not fair on her like all these so-called senpai mofos are expecting a new person to understand a foreign language she's never learnt right off the bat. Tho at the same time, Hime could've taken a look closer at the menu or even asked them to point out what dish they asked so that's something she could do next time.

I feel like I'm watching this anime the wrong way like the whole school setting is there and is supposed to theme around pure innocent girl's romance which is this series' main basis but I'm looking at it more from a working environment point of view.
I get that they need to make a plot out of all the school romance and drama and whatnot but looking at this place outside of that farce, the management and training of new staff is utterly horrendous it's a wonder why Hime hasn't blown a fuse.
Apr 13, 2023 11:45 AM
Feb 2015
Mcsuper said:
Hime sucks at the job, but I haven't seen the staff even attempt to teach her about how the cafe works, with the sisterly bonds, how the "school" works, and how you're supposed to act. How do you expect her to be competent if you don't show her the ropes properly?
Literally the thing that I tend to look at most in this show and find most aggravating and insufferable from.
Terrible workplace who don't even train their new staff properly, 1/5 stars on Glassdoor for Employee's Reviews on this café.
Apr 13, 2023 11:53 AM
Apr 2023
The most mid anime I've ever watched, really hope it gets better
Apr 13, 2023 12:10 PM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
"Thüringer bratwurst and Kartoffelsalat", they have an interesting menu in this café, lol

Apr 13, 2023 12:11 PM
Jan 2021
kanoko is my least favorite character by far, and the anime is starting to demonstrate why lol
don't worry anime onlies! she gets much worse later on!
Apr 13, 2023 12:43 PM

Aug 2017
LeftieAlex said:
kanoko is my least favorite character by far, and the anime is starting to demonstrate why lol
Oh fuck I already found her annoying and giving me the creeps and now you are gonna tell me she is going to be more annoying? 

Apr 13, 2023 12:47 PM
Jan 2022
Hime is cool. Kanoko is...
Apr 13, 2023 1:17 PM
gokigenyou~

May 2013
The adaptation is being rather loyal to the manga, so its really nice reliving some of the early chapters. Shaping out to be a pretty good adaptation so far..

Apr 13, 2023 1:31 PM

Jul 2013
Hime still has a terrible personality, unsurprisingly.
The cafe, especially Ayanokouji, still expects Hime to be flawless right from the start when it comes to taking orders, despite never having properly trained her, or apparently even showing her a menu, and while I dislike Hime, it's still unfair to her. It's frustrating to watch them demand perfection from her while not even explaining the rules, again. At the same time, it is also her responsibility to learn how to do the job, to pick up a menu and familiarize herself with it when she knows she has the task of taking orders, however I also understand that being new to the work force as well as being blackmailed into the job may account for some lack of self guidance. Still, i think both sides really drop the ball here.
The lack of any type of proper job training or structure, and the excess of fictional backstory and fantasy relationships, makes me think these inexperienced girls assume that running a cafe is like reading a fairy tale book or working a high school cultural festival stand. Although they take their acting roles seriously, they pay no mind to business.
At first, i thought Hime's friend Kanoko was alright. Nothing special, just a shy girl with a crush on her friend. The photos in her camera could be overlooked as innocent enough - she is young, doesn't know how to express herself, and doesn't understand the weight of what taking and having those photos implies. But then when she finds Hime and makes a scene, entirely unable to pick up on what's going on or to see past her hurt feelings, I'm thinking this chick is crazy! Watching that scene was a little bit painful! She starts working at the cafe, and at the end, repeats what Ayanokouji says to Hime, but in an entirely different context. Both Ayanokouji and Kanoko back Hime into a wall, figuratively, but Kanoko clearly shows jealously and a desire to separate Hime from Ayanokouj. Yeah, so, she's a little obsessive, and it's creepy.
Honestly this show is a dumpster fire but I can't look away from it. These characters are insane and sometimes unpleasant, and their cafe is strange and unprofessional, but for some reason I still find it entertaining enough to watch.
Apr 13, 2023 1:32 PM
Jan 2021
redorzo said:
LeftieAlex said:
Oh fuck I already found her annoying and giving me the creeps and now you are gonna tell me she is going to be more annoying? 

the good news is that all the other characters get significantly better
Apr 13, 2023 1:41 PM

Jul 2013
Episode 3 is going to have to step it up for me not to drop this
Apr 13, 2023 1:50 PM

May 2018
Well, at least it wasn't cringe like the 1st episode, but I still dislike this, also if the dynamics between the Ayanokouji and Hime don't change and develop to something other than this shit I'll be very disappointed. Awful pair so far.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Apr 13, 2023 2:14 PM

Dec 2016
Nice. More spices thrown in to stir the pot. Glad we're having a spicy show that's not afraid to create some mayhem just for the lulz.
Apr 13, 2023 2:30 PM
Jul 2015
Really enjoyed this episode. I feel like one of the only few really vibing with this show.

Kanako will be a really interesting character, gotta love the yandare/disaster lesbian
Apr 13, 2023 2:31 PM
Apr 2020
Haha yandere friend ...that was a fun episode
Apr 13, 2023 3:45 PM

May 2019
I think Kanoko really likes Hime and is jealous that Mitsuki is close to her, even after she figured out that it's an act (damn girl). What's kind of funny is how early on Hime had a facade where everyone likes her and can't seem to do no wrong but here she is being the incompetent one. I do agree that she does need better training but even first day girl Kanoko is doing a little better. Not a bad series as I find it entertaining so far.
Apr 13, 2023 4:25 PM

Jan 2022
Damn, such a good episode this time, the addition of Kanoko is very entertaining, especially when she's mad that Mitsuki is helping her as an informal sister lmao.
I like everything, ok
Apr 13, 2023 4:32 PM

Sep 2017
This week episode is the best and Kanoko just awaken yandere trait ☆*:.。.o(≧▽≦)o.。.:*☆
Kanoko yabe maji yabe  ☆*:.。.o(≧▽≦)o.。.:*☆

Apr 13, 2023 4:58 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I wasn’t expecting Kanoko to join the cafe so soon but I’ll take it, I was highly anticipating her since I’m a sucker for blue haired waifus and I’m a fan of her, I wasn’t expecting the stalker/yandere aspect but it’s interesting, I haven’t seen a blue waifu like that yet lol. And she had plenty of great moments already, she even got a flowery filter scene with Hime this soon lol, she’s a natural. I’ll say tho I did see her freakout coming when they were trying to brush Hime off as an acquaintance, that was really poorly handled by the manager and I felt bad for Kanoko lol. And I also want to mention while I’m a fan of her normal look, I absolutely love her waitress look, the hair really does it for me.

And while I liked this episode more than the first, Hime still got treated unfairly like the first episode, this time she was expected to take orders without knowing the menu, I think they got that backward lol. It makes for funny bits where she’s getting berated but I also feel bad for her in those moments, she’s already being forced to work the job and they’re expecting her to know everything lol. And lastly I think we got the first real moment between Hime and and Mitsuki, they may grow closer sooner than I thought, but Mitsuki was brought back to her senses with Kanoko’s words lol.
Apr 13, 2023 5:20 PM

Feb 2020
ok, while i did find this episode a bit funny, if i got this much slack for making mistakes at a workplace id quit on the spot. my goodness, the toxicity is rampant

Lots of pointless drama in this anime. i hope it gets better.
Apr 13, 2023 6:18 PM

Dec 2013
Well, I liked this episode so much more than the 1st one but I feel quite bad for Hime, they didn't even bother to teach her the menu and have yet to give her the most simple training, how many days she's been there and just now they told her about the kitchen, much like with Hime I still don't understand what was she supposed to learn while  watching Mitsuki taking notes and while she is finally starting to be nice to Hime she can go fuck herself.

It seems Kanoko is a monster deep down.

But I can say that at the very least the characters grew on me with this episode, hated all of them on the 1st.
Apr 13, 2023 6:41 PM

Dec 2022
Poco a poco va mejorando y puede que al final me termine gustando pero por ahora no es que me encante...
De igual manera seré paciente y veré como continua.
Apr 13, 2023 7:11 PM
May 2021
I like Hime's personality the best by far even though she has some ulterior motives which makes her more interesting than other characters so far. She has that never-give-up vibes and always says what should be said other than her ulterior motives...

However, this episode totally ruined my mood today. Hime should just quit the job already, it's annoying enough with the blackmail (which the manager totally fake it by the way she acts) and messing up management and the staff who do totally expect some new workers going to be good on the first day. Kanoko is easy because she stays silent and does not put much effort in (well, they always make some support characters with great talent that OP the MC in most of the anime like this one).

Well, some people say that Hime should make some effort and learn the menu already and blah blah but bear this in mind if you were in her shoes where you were blackmailed by the manager and forced to work in a totally unusual work environment where you totally don't know what the hell going on there, you will understand Hime situation.

In the first place, this anime totally different than in the PV I saw. I thought this anime gonna be a story about Hime going to school like in Maria-sama ga Miteru vibes which make me totally excited but when I watch the 1st EP, I'm thinking of dropping this anime. But I gonna wait until EP4 before deciding to drop it.
Hanakoizumi_AnneApr 13, 2023 7:20 PM
Apr 13, 2023 7:42 PM
Oct 2018
It's pretty impressive how they've made Hime the least hateable character despite being awful, just be making everyone else even more insufferable than she is. I just want some decent yuri man. I'm not asking for a 10/10 masterpiece, I'll take a 7/10, just give me better than this garbage or the trainwreck magical revolution was last season.
Apr 13, 2023 7:44 PM
Nov 2020
Inexplicable said:

She had a ton of Hime pictures on her phone, even one where she was on the way to work. She definitely stalked Hime.
Apr 13, 2023 8:06 PM

Aug 2011
Wow Kanoko your asshole.
Apr 13, 2023 9:00 PM
Oct 2022
Damn.kanoko is so cute.
Apr 13, 2023 9:48 PM
Dec 2022
I really enjoyed moment when Hime & Kanoko were outside the cafe but when Hime was in the cafe I couldn't enjoy it.
why i can't,becouse that fuxxking loli manager
1.ThAt loli forced hime to work there.
2.that loli trick kanoko to work there too. "you can help hime if you work here" kanoko,she really like hime, if you say like that of course she will do it.

becouse of this situation I can't close my eyes and enjoy it.😔
Apr 13, 2023 10:40 PM

Jul 2019
Working at that place will help Kanoko come out of her shell but if that means she'll go all yandere maybe it's not such a great thing after all...

Like some other posts mentioned, it doesn't seem like Hime got any training besides "watch how someone takes an order once and then do it yourself". A quick montage of the waitresses talking, looking at the menu, and such to give the impression she actually gets instuctions would be nice. Not like last episode when she got scolded for breaking rules no one told her about.

Anyway, yuri good. Kanoko cute. Will keep watching.
Apr 14, 2023 12:11 AM

Jan 2023
Well, I really liked it.
We finally got to see a genuine kind side to the "mean" senpai, but also a very possessive/yandere side to the very shy girl friend: looks interesting, I'll be coming back for more :)!
Overall, an intriguing and fun episode which made me want to see more!
Apr 14, 2023 1:44 AM
Sep 2021
Hime is learning the in and out's of her job and managing both work and school life.
Apr 14, 2023 2:22 AM

Oct 2007
oh, yandere Kanoko is finally here. She's cute in that green uniform.

and I always have a good laugh when Ayanokouji secretly scolds Hime during work.

looking forward to next week. :)
Apr 14, 2023 7:38 AM

Sep 2020
The new blue hair girl is really cute! But she's also has that yandere personality towards Hime, interested to see how they'll fight over her in the future.
Apr 14, 2023 7:55 AM

Jan 2009
Maybe I went in this with the wrong expectations but I'm not really feeling this. It definitely just feels like a daytime soap opera or something. What's worse is nothing is really explained so far, it just leaves the audience confused at all the contrived melodrama so far. I'll give it a few more episodes but so far I'm pretty disappointed.
Apr 14, 2023 8:34 AM

Feb 2021
A great episode. I feel suuuper bad for Hime. Everyone is scolding her when it's not even her fault for not getting proper training. I assume some days have passed since her first day and only now she is taught how to take order??? So Kanoko is a yandere? Can't say I expected that one. 

The manager sure is manipulative. Ayanokouji is also being too harsh on Hime. The only normal person there is the blonde yankee. 

"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Apr 14, 2023 11:11 AM

Feb 2019
This anime is making SO MAD! They blackmail Hime into a job she doesn't want, no one take a second to ask if she knows ANYTHING about this kind of service, don't introduce her properly to the situation and even have multiple itens on their menu in a different language no one cared to introduce it to her beforehand and ask if she understands it, nor did they proceed to explain it to her. But then they all want to push her and push her and treat her like a f**k up when the entire situation is indeed their own fault. This series shows an irresponsible and toxic work place. Argh! I'm SOOO MAAAD!!! #Triggered
Apr 14, 2023 12:18 PM
Oct 2021
tbh a much better episode than the first one - still feel like they could do more with the storyline etc as it could be soooo good
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 22, 2023

62 by Delphantasist »»
Jun 13, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 8, 2023

40 by Delphantasist »»
Jun 8, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! Episode 9 Discussion

Mcsuper - Jun 1, 2023

46 by Delphantasist »»
Jun 8, 3:31 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! Episode 8 Discussion

Marinate1016 - May 25, 2023

43 by Delphantasist »»
Jun 3, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 12, 2023

29 by Delphantasist »»
May 31, 7:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.