Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 7, 2022 6:59 AM

Nov 2011
Jesus Christ, why do characters have to make such difficult choices in this show..? :(

Now it's Nanachi's turn. A lot of emotions also went into Fapta's character this episode. In fact, I think the level of emotions of this arc and episode itself is surreal. Crazy ending too. What an episode!

Sep 7, 2022 7:01 AM

Jan 2015
Brutal and emotional episode.

Nanachi finally got some time to shine this season, while also getting a glow up! No matter how many times, saying goodbye to Mitty never makes it any less sad. At least this time, she was the one to finally see her off. I wonder if she will join the main duo soon.

On the other hand, faputa has never been this cute and terrifying in just a few minutes. Another emotional second half showing the past relationship between Faputa and Reg. Too bad it didn’t seem to have work out.

Faputa was waiting for Reg this whole time. That was so damn sad.
Next episode is going to be so brutal with Reg down.
Sep 7, 2022 7:44 AM

Apr 2016
Surely nothing could go wrong from the way how things ended the last week, right ...

No, not the little ones ... The mayhem of this week’s episode, Nanachi finally stopped being irrelevant this whole arc, pulled herself up and did something ... all for her friends and Mitty, im sure that one day she'll be reunited with Mitty, but this time, for real. Anyway, Faputa’s on a warpath for her mother, and as it goes only the Prince is the only one who can stop her.

Two episodes till the end, and we still are in for some shit.
Sep 7, 2022 8:00 AM
Oct 2019
omg, what an Emotional Episode this was!!
the back and forth transition was done so well, really remind me of one fight in Naruto Shippuden if you know what i meant.

Kevin Penkin Music was so good and also the Animation was done really well.

Damn that was Crazy Cliffhanger...
Sep 7, 2022 8:10 AM
Apr 2022
This episode was a 11/10! Definitely my favorite of the season so far. I was tearing up for pretty much the whole episode.
Nanachi finally being a bit more relevant again is nice.
And the fight between Faputa and Reg was heartbreaking.
And you can't forget the Music, Kevin Penkin music is just amazing.
Can't wait for next week!
Sep 7, 2022 8:14 AM
Dec 2019
How do they constantly manage to surpass every episode. I thought last episode was my favourite, now this one took that spot completely. The animation was particularly good this episode, especially Faputa's cute and crazy moments. The new OST pieces were stunning, the transitions were handled well, the VA's works were great, that last shot was uuugghh. Nothing surpasses this series.
Sep 7, 2022 8:31 AM

Jul 2011
Nanachi lost Mitty again, and some small cute friends, but got a very nice helmet as consolation.

Reg is sure resilient to withstand those attack that were just one-shot everyone.

Everyone's backstory was told.
Sep 7, 2022 8:32 AM

Feb 2022
7 minutes of sadness at the start.... damn you MIA /sniff

Seeing the Faputa and Regs first encounter was great, then we had the fight which was so well done.

I really dont see how MIA is being so overlooked, its so damn good
Sep 7, 2022 8:38 AM

Mar 2020
Backstories upon backstories, sadness upon sadness, what an episode! Nanachi and Mitty's moments were heartbreaking, and Faputa and Reg's backstory was quite emotional too. The cliffhanger is brutal, and the next two episodes are going to top it all off nicely I hope.
Sep 7, 2022 8:47 AM
Aug 2022
Masterpiece, one of the best episodes of the year
Sep 7, 2022 8:47 AM

Apr 2021
This season is just too good.
Sep 7, 2022 8:55 AM
May 2018
the music slaps so much
Sep 7, 2022 8:56 AM

Oct 2017
Good fuc***g you can't leave us on a cliffhanger like that damn it. Also you are not allowed to ruin Reg and Faputa's beautiful relationship like this either.
Sep 7, 2022 8:59 AM

Oct 2020
brilliant episode, sosu
Sep 7, 2022 8:59 AM
Oct 2018
WTF? What was that?
Sep 7, 2022 9:03 AM

Dec 2021
One word: Beautiful.
"The Yang Sword cuts what I want to cut."

"Look, it's my victory again."
Sep 7, 2022 9:05 AM

Sep 2008
Yeah, I did not like this, I feel like it has been going downhill from episode 1.
As for me I think they have stayed in that city thing way to long, should only been 3 or max 5 episodes, it is dragging.

This episode like Prajcek did write: = WTF? What was that?
Sep 7, 2022 9:05 AM

Jul 2020
Look, I really really liked this episode. The stuff between Faputa and Reg was great and animated well and all. But I think they kinda butchered the Nanachi stuff in the beginning. Like I felt in the manga it had way more impact? I dunno, Nanachis expression in the manga and the whole composition in this scene just hit way more in the manga I think. And not just with this scene, when Faputa was born I feel like it was more emotional in the manga and, again, had more impact. I dunno, maybe it's just me. Still really loved this episode.

Edit: What I think the anime handles better tho is the whole child nudity stuff. Like I think Faputa doesn't have nipples in the anime? Idk makes me feel less uncomfortable.
Sep 7, 2022 9:12 AM
Jan 2014
Amazing episode, cool to see Reg's and Faputa's relationship
Sep 7, 2022 9:15 AM

Aug 2015
This is where it all begins with the death of the copy Mitty, a wound from 5 years ago.
The episode was directed by the one who directed the opening so that's why the transitions were spectacular.
Faputa clearly has feelings for Reg, her third and final HAKU. It can show tenderness and beauty but also the princess shows great terror and hostility.
In the end the memories of how Faputa and Reg met were wonderful, hopefully they will also adapt how Faputa and Gabu met.
And it ends with a nice scene of the 2 currently fighting for their reasons, a promise that was forgotten...

PEAK SERIES OF THE YEAR ;-;

∞ / 10
Sep 7, 2022 9:16 AM
Nov 2020
epic fight scene and faputa
Sep 7, 2022 9:17 AM
Oct 2017
Very good sosu !!!
Sep 7, 2022 9:17 AM

Feb 2019
This season is really a masterclass man.

Faputa literally tearing through the villagers was brutal, but the emotional pain she’s in was even worse. Having such a close relationship with reg and him not remembering any of it was heartbreaking.

It’s interesting to note that even when Faputa and Reg met he didn’t know everything about his origins as he indicates by saying he doesn’t know how many more times he can fire his incinerator.

Sadly I don’t really see any way this has a happy ending for Faputa. She’s hell bent on her warpath and even the boy she love’s tears weren’t enough to stop her.

Another masterful Penkin OST episode as well
Marinate1016Sep 7, 2022 9:21 AM
Sep 7, 2022 9:27 AM
May 2022
GIVING ME AOTY VIBES!!!
Sep 7, 2022 9:28 AM
Aug 2022
Beezlebubb_ said:
This episode was a 11/10! Definitely my favorite of the season so far. I was tearing up for pretty much the whole episode.
Nanachi finally being a bit more relevant again is nice.
And the fight between Faputa and Reg was heartbreaking.
And you can't forget the Music, Kevin Penkin music is just amazing.
Can't wait for next week!

100% the best episode this season and something tells me it will keep getting better, it's like my heart will continue to break until I'm crying my eyes out T_T
Somehow I regret not leaving season 2 for binging and watching each episode as it comes, it takes away from the experience a little.
Sep 7, 2022 9:30 AM
May 2022
Emotional and powerful
Sep 7, 2022 9:31 AM
Sep 2018
I have reached heaven
Sep 7, 2022 9:37 AM

Jan 2017
Nanachi finally got the closure they needed, and was able to send Mitty off on their own terms.

Seems a few minor things were cut from Reg's deepthroating experience, namely holding off on using the white whistle, and the navel peircing from the inside. Still some excellent animation and really dope transitions between past and present, which they had happening earlier in the season too.

Overall, very happy with this episode, only gripe is that the final shot could've used some sound effects or a little more animation to show the force of the slam (although it's spot on with how the panel was presented in the manga, especially with how abrupt it was meant to be).
Sep 7, 2022 9:53 AM

May 2020
Don't even know where to start from, as this episode in each and every sense dumbfounded me. Be it that flashback of Reg and Faputa, the whole battle sequence, that one of a kind music throughout or that criminal cliffhanger. Can't put my finger on who bested whom here.

We just started this season few weeks ago and now just two more episodes after this.. time flies for real.
Sep 7, 2022 10:05 AM
Feb 2021
Please! Please, kill any ¿one you like, but not him :'ccccc
Sep 7, 2022 10:05 AM
Jul 2018
Oh wow, so that's what Reg's promise was, to be with Faputa and have children together. Ehehehe

But oh no cliffhanger qwq nice animation though
Sep 7, 2022 10:14 AM
Sep 2019
The animations, the music, the transitions. all im gonna say.
Sep 7, 2022 10:17 AM
Jul 2021
I hate that this season came out the same year as Chainsaw Man and the Bleach finale because this show could easily be AOTY. My favorite episode in the series besides episode 13 of last season. As a manga reader too the next 2 episodes are going to be even better
Sep 7, 2022 10:22 AM
May 2021
Omfgg this ep!! I want moree!! Ahhhhhhhhdchsfffsfbb
Sep 7, 2022 10:26 AM
Jul 2022
A masterpiece as always!! (and brought tears to my eyes)
Sep 7, 2022 10:29 AM

May 2020
And there i was thinking i will survive this Ep then the OST hit and i lost....
This season is a 12/10 by now.
Sep 7, 2022 10:30 AM
Aug 2015
I feel like a lot of people will praise this episode.
In my opinion it was the worst of this season. I like the series but I think this is the peak (so far) when I realize I don't understand shit. They speak indirectly about things, with too many codes and broken language. It's just too hard to understand what is going on, as if everything is told in a riddle that the viewer has to solve.

I didn't feel anything at all when Nanachi parted with Mitty again. She didn't have a big role in this season, mostly sleeping, and I don't understand either why Belaf let her free. Her relationship with Mitty felt a bit off here. She let Mitty go once already.

The fight with Faputa wasn't anything exciting and her connection with Reg is..l don't know. From my understanding she met him before, he protected her until the big robot woke up and they became friends. That's about it.
DoubleRSep 7, 2022 10:43 AM
Sep 7, 2022 10:33 AM
Sep 2019
Faputa x Reg Vs Riko x Reg
Sep 7, 2022 10:35 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Omg probably the best episode so far, starting with Nanachi and Mitty emotional moment like it already was the 1st time and now we got Faputa vs Regu moment with an incredible animation but especially a lot of emotions when it's mixed with these flashbacks moment, and damn that very end!!!! I really can't wait for the next episode now
Sep 7, 2022 10:37 AM

Apr 2009
This season is very weird. I didn't like it at all.
None of the emotional stuff hit, nor the motivation of the characters was justified.

All the village stuff was gimmicky. Faputa's motivation is there just for the sake of having a conflict. Such a one-dimensional character just for the sake to be an antagonist but not really. We didn't bond with her the same way it was implied they did with Reg. That final battle didn't hit anything. It was just a "boss battle at the end of the season".

Nanachi was useless all season and the revival of Mitty was just manipulative to try to replicate the same effect it had in season 1, but it didn't and it made the initial scene worse.

Manga readers, does it get worse later on? Was the manga the same or just bad direction of the anime?
VirtueHunterSep 7, 2022 10:44 AM
Sep 7, 2022 10:48 AM
Aug 2018
q porra foi essa fiquei em shook
Sep 7, 2022 10:51 AM

Feb 2012
Made in Abyss Season 2 ep 10 is definitely a 10/10.
Perfect action, drama, animation, ost, and storytelling! The transition in some scenes was god-tier!
Reg and Faputa moments are painfully wholesome.
and Belaf be like: You're gonna carry that weight, Nanachi. See you abyss fluff.
Sep 7, 2022 10:52 AM
Jun 2021
Really glad to finally be seeing some of Reg's journey up
Sep 7, 2022 11:13 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Woaaaaaaaah what a moment to end the episode!!!
I suppose it does make sense that since she came from 3 eggs, she has 3 precious people. The reason why anyone else can have 1 is because we indeed come from just 1 egg. Well... with a few exceptions...

This show is so good. I keep saying it but I'm so glad I get to see this animated.

Reg was Faputa's Haku and she hoped it was mutual. Going by the jump scene they very likely had an encounter. But Reg then found Riko and that's why she hates her. Because she took Reg from him. Obviously she didn't because Reg didn't see Faputa as his Haku. Must be painful for her.
Sep 7, 2022 11:14 AM

Jul 2013
Nothing more to say. Excellent job from Kinema Citrus and Kevin Penkin. The OST, animation and scenes were all perfect. Felt so bad for the villagers (some of who didn't have anything to do with the foundation of the village) and felt so bad for Faputa who had to deal with her Haku (what she values the most) forgetting her and trying to stop her reason to live.

The soundtrack where the iron rain starts pouring down the village was simply beautiful. Cannot wait for the release of the OST.

With only two episodes left (last one of double lenght), I hope they can make justice to the climax of the arc. It was my favorite part
Sep 7, 2022 11:17 AM

Jan 2020
I legitimately was not expecting a tendril to slip out of this dude's eye so he could point at something, lmao.

Inb4 there is a third Mitty next season. Seems like her suffering is just never going to end. Nanachi did just say "If I ever find you in your current form again." So that's kind of a weird thing to say if it's not foreshadowing. I guess, at least, this one can rest now.

Jesus, lmao. I didn't expect Faputa to be so ravenous. I figured she would just kill things indiscriminately but she's really getting in there and fucking shit up.

We're finally getting some answers in regards to Reg. I will say, I always thought it was a bit strange that Reg's name was Reg before his amnesia, and Riko "conveniently" named him that as well. The only real theory I can think of is that he must be connected to Riko's mother. As they basically do everything in their power to make Riko a little baby clone of Lyza.

This was a good episode, perhaps the best of the season -- so far.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Sep 7, 2022 11:18 AM

Oct 2019
yep this did it,

this season is a fucking 10/10

what a masterclass of an episode in visuals, music, directing, story and character writing. it was pure perfection.

probably tied with the season 1 finale, and probably went straight into my top 20 favorite episodes of all time.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Sep 7, 2022 11:19 AM
Oct 2019
awesome episode, music, action, story, emotions, honestly it felt like 3 minute episode.
Sep 7, 2022 11:31 AM
Jun 2020
varias emoções ao mesmo tempo, meu deus.... aguardando o proximo ep....
Sep 7, 2022 11:45 AM

Jan 2021
The music, the characters, the backstory...just wow. Just when i though that episodes 7 and 8 would be the peak of this season.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2022

411 by YungGrif »»
Sep 26, 3:04 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2022

262 by topfloorboss45 »»
Sep 24, 3:54 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2022

160 by HushPuppy170 »»
Sep 23, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Jul 13, 2022

186 by topfloorboss45 »»
Sep 23, 5:48 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2022

248 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 13, 10:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.