Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 11, 2020 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's the final episode of season 2 but looks like they didn't stop with the action. Arthur and Shinra still has that rivalry going on. It's like their water and oil.

Still, I thought this is a tense episode when examining Shinra's inner psyche and his personal demons again. Seems they may be setting up content for the ongoing story as the manga itself is still not over yet.

Dec 11, 2020 9:24 AM

Mar 2019
Wow what a conclusion, that was a scary scene

Very good animation I loved the colors for both seasons but the stories in this season were better.
We all enjoyed the way female characters were developped according to our coffee break discussions.
It reminds me of that Karim Benzema play I was talking wuth Shinichi yesterday
Dec 11, 2020 9:25 AM

Jul 2017
The HARD training of Shinra and Arthur continues to be funnily tortured and harassed at Benimaru's "old-style hazing" while the commander and Tamaki take a comfortable rest. "WHAT'S THE PURPOSE OF ALL OF THIS???" you might ask, but this is Captain Benimaru's way of enforcing and upgrading skills, THE HARD-EARNED WAY.

Memento Mori, Latin for "The Pressure of Death." As ruthless as Benimaru may be, it's to develop Shinra's Adolla Burst into one of survival instinct. The energy to one-shot enemies through the pressures and fear of death, that's what "Superfire" is...linking both Adolla Links and Bursts together for a stigma.

Hibata asking Company 6 Captain Kayano for help to assess Konro's Adolla Link to the Great Cataclysm sure is a doozy, and along with Company 4's Captain grandfather Hague going against a White-Clad Butcher and thoroughly butchered to death...that plot will be further explained if we ever get a Season 3.

"It's time to band the entire Empire together..." and fight against the Evangelist and White-Clads.

Great stopping point @ Chapter 174, and continue with the manga instead from here on out!
KANLen09Dec 12, 2020 7:18 AM
Dec 11, 2020 9:37 AM

Feb 2020
Good animation. Only few episodes are meh,but still good!
7/10 for this season,same as season 1.
Dec 11, 2020 10:05 AM

Oct 2017
Another great episode to end this season. Shinra and Aurthur's flame was sick, the colouring of that part was really good. RIP Hague captain, that was a grostique way to die. Also damn they played OP 1 as the ending, that was pure hype.

With that this season is finally over, once again david production did a good job adapting the manga. We had some of our questions answered in but we were left with even more unanswered questions which we'll get answers in the third and final season.

With the manga in it's final chapters next season will be the last so looking forward to it. Till then goodbye.
MegamiRemDec 11, 2020 9:22 PM
Dec 11, 2020 10:18 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice last episode I guess, it was better than the first season for me, well I guess we can expect a third season because of the message during the last frame
Dec 11, 2020 10:26 AM

Feb 2019
Nah bro, the first OP playing at the end over Obi’s speech... goosebumps and a few tears, I fucking love fire force.

Thank you D. Pro for the amazing job you did on these first two seasons. Fridays really won’t hit the same without Fire Force. Can’t wait for season 3. At least we got the manga heating up in the meantime.

Dec 11, 2020 10:28 AM

Apr 2014
This episode was nice to finish off. Shinra and Arthur finally achieving flames beyond their own limits. The only thing I am now concerned is the Evangelist. They are targeting Stigma people, and they are not holding back. Sho is back in action after being absent for the entire Season 2. Evangelist may have some strong people but so does the Fire Force Division crew especially number 8 crew is uniting everyone against the Evangelist. The way how it ended shows that Season 3 will be on its' way either next year or the year after that possibly. Whatever the case. I liked how they ended the credits with its' First Season opening song. That was so hype and fun.
Dec 11, 2020 10:30 AM
Oct 2016
First finale of this fall anime season is one that concludes, for now, a two year journey with us watching fire force. All of the initial four cours are completed and we now must wait to see if that message at the end will be legit and if we'll get a season 3 later on. Speaking solely about season 2 here I loved it! Took everything from season 1 and turned the dial up. The story this season was better, the arcs were better, the characters saw growth, the new characters were all awesome additions, the world building was expanded, the animation stayed crisp, the sound design stayed perfect with all all the flames and combustion. Everything from before seemed to be elevated. David Production did another great job adapting this story at a quick pace without that pacing being a detriment. From the Sixth Pillar arc, to the Chinese Peninsula arc, to the Hajime arc, to the Joint Investigation arc to all the little moments sprinkled throughout the season they were all amazing. Fire Force is definitely a must watch show for fans of The shonen genre along with people who just like a good fun anime. Season 2 showed it has staying power while also showing it can improve as it goes. I hope we get a season 3 announcement sooner than later but either way its been a fun two years with this show!

Season 2 gets a 90/100
Dec 11, 2020 10:37 AM
Oct 2020
All I can say is...wow...
Dec 11, 2020 10:40 AM

May 2018
Manga readers, which chapter should I start reading?
Dec 11, 2020 10:40 AM

Jan 2009
they call Adrenaline as Hysterical Strength huh

and Captain Obi is always using Hysterical Strength mode

waiting for season 3

Dec 11, 2020 10:42 AM

Nov 2018
Can someone tell what that moon at the end of episode meant? If i am not wrong it is the same moon as in Soul Eater, which is from the same autor, but i didnt saw it yet. So what does it mean?
Dec 11, 2020 10:43 AM
Jul 2017
Sorry to intrude. I can't download it on animepahe. Is is down?
Dec 11, 2020 10:45 AM

Jan 2009
Gorochu said:
Manga readers, which chapter should I start reading?

around chapter 172 is this episode about Hysterical Strength training they call it Super Fire in the manga though but that is a fan translation
Dec 11, 2020 10:48 AM

Jan 2016
Ultra Instinct, I see. this season's start was promising, but it all pummeled back to season 1's antics.
6/10
Dec 11, 2020 10:52 AM

Aug 2013
Benimaru went too far with his training. Tho Shinra and Arthur were able to obtain their objective. With more training, they should get really strong.

Well, this has been a great ride and whenever they announce season 3, I'll be looking forward to it. In the meantime, I'll pick up the manga.

Dec 11, 2020 10:53 AM

Oct 2020
Yoo that Ending though with Soul Eater Moon,is this hinting at potential new season for soul eater or am I going crazy???
処刑課師匠
Dec 11, 2020 11:07 AM
Sep 2015
Yeah! For Captain Shinmon onsen scene, I'm so need this, I'm glad that Shinra and Arthur is naked half of the episode, but they're a little bit too thin for me, but if they can survive this training, I'm sure they'll gain a lot more muscle.

Talking about Captain Shinmon, I'd love to see him fight a worthy opponent, no not Captain Burn, I mean a real threat like demon, white-clad, evangelist, or whatever the villain is.

It's the final episode of this season that has multi-purpose, training, tragedy, villain movement, flashback, etc. but one of the purpose it excels is a teaser for the next season. I just can't wait!

I mean they can rush season 3 in 2021, maybe not in time for summer (it's Tokyo Olympic season anyway), but we still don't know if that's the last season or not, as the author said about the last manga volume will be anything between 30 (his goal) and 50 (maximum), but let's take my realistic-optimism view of 40 volumes, that means 4 seasons, so even if season 3 release in 2021, we still have to wait until at least 2023 for season 4, or we could take a break in 2021 so that we can see season 3 in 2022 and season 4 in 2023. (Season 2 end at chapter 174 or half of volume 20 so I assume one season = 10 volumes)

Edited: Now I know why Mrs. Green Apple released Inferno Remastered in 2020 (Japanese musician rarely remaster), so that it can be included in the ending of this season.
phantomfandomDec 11, 2020 11:21 AM
Dec 11, 2020 11:12 AM

Nov 2016
How I love it when they play the first opening.

All in all it was a blast again, if they don't announce season 3 soon I have to go for the manga.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 11, 2020 11:19 AM

Jun 2019
A fine ending. Shinra and Arthur both got power ups and there are some new stakes for the nextseason with a captain getting killed. Pleasantly surprised by this season.
Dec 11, 2020 11:20 AM

Sep 2019
They ended the 2nd season with a bang. I didn’t expect a captain to die in the last episode.

I really enjoyed this season but I don’t like its plot that much. 6~7/10.
Dec 11, 2020 11:23 AM
Jan 2019
The Soul Eater moon in the ending?? What the fuck is going on. I would kinda be down for a Soul Eater crossover, if that's what this is implying.
Dec 11, 2020 11:26 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great finale, David Productions really didn't hold back an iota on this series throughout! Witty little finish there too and the 1st Op accompanying was fab, little can go wrong when you play the 1st Op honestly.

God, that horrid training though. Benimaru-san is an absolute savage xD. Gee, those blue flames though. Some formidable technique the two have acquired and I'm interested to see them put it into practice.

4th Captain not even managing to stand a chance is a harsh reality for the Fire Force but hopefully a collab might do the trick. Haumea in the end there doing god knows what is fairly curious-striking too.

A little disappointed we didn't get to see Shinra's mother's state this season at all since the finale of S1 got me interested in it but it's safe to conclude that I still had my share of fun from this.

A few of the recurrent issues I faced with S1 but it's still getting a fairly solid 7/10 from me. God bless David Productions for this! 48 episodes is what we were promised and now we're at the end of it. Now, the hopes and prayers for a 3rd season begins.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 11, 2020 11:42 AM

Aug 2020
AAaaaaaaaa this is the end. Hope for a season 3? I wanna see more of them. This episode was so beautiful tbh
Sometimes I forget how messed up Shinra is too. Benimaru really messed them up damn
Dec 11, 2020 11:49 AM

Jul 2014
And so these 48 episodes come to an end... Oh man, when the first OP started playing I got goosebumps and even wanted to shed some tears. The nostalgia of going over all those moments with that music in the background... wow, I really loved this show.

That said, I think this season's arcs weren't as great as the first season's. But, I had as much fun as I did with the first one and it also had its great moments. Let's see what's next now that the White Clad is going after those who have stigmas and have even killed one of the captains, Shinra and Arthur with that new power up (also Tamaki) and that strange moon at the end. I know it's a reference but it's too weird to be just a reference xD.

I have to say it one last time... Hibana best girl! This show needs more Hibana and I was very happy with the screentime she had last week :D. Although I also must say that the first one who caught my eye with just the first time I watched the OP was Tamaki, and she would probably be my best girl if it wasn't for the lucky lecher.

Aside from the nostalgia, I was getting sad because it was the typical situation where it was the end of the planned adaptation and then maybe you would never have anything else from the series but that "see you later" at the end reassured me. See you later Fire Force, I hope to see you again sooner than later.
SkyLETVDec 11, 2020 4:27 PM
Dec 11, 2020 11:53 AM

Jun 2015
Closing credits awesome, but with all cyber punkesq consolidation of the current major corporations streaming or making new anime, I think we about to get fucked as funimation won. Next season most of the characters are problematic. Latom!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Dec 11, 2020 12:10 PM

Jan 2014
idk what that moon at the end means ( which is clearly from Soul Eater )

Well the wait for season 3 begins, that was just as solid as the 1st season

8/10
Dec 11, 2020 12:27 PM

Aug 2018
Well the second opening was very misleading (for once !) : no sort of final battle with the 5th, 7th & 8th on the front, no 1v1 Burns-Shinra either.

The latest episodes were weaker than the first half, even the Nether part wasn't extremely impressive to be fair. I still appreciated the whole season but it kinda leaves me on my own hunger. Thus, I hope for another season !
Dec 11, 2020 12:37 PM
Aug 2020
What a great finale for the second season, benimaru’s training really helped out shinra and arthur despite them nearly dying, and unfortunately a captain has died from a white clad surprise attack, also seems the white clad is planning another usual attack and the 8th has to do the usual of saving the day as the fire force, season was great, a 8/10
Dec 11, 2020 12:46 PM
Jul 2019
WTF, THAT'S IT, NO EPIC BATTLE WITH THEM EVENGELIST????

SHIT, FUCKING ANTI CLIMATIC....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 11, 2020 1:08 PM
Oct 2020
So, Fire Force shares the one universe with Soul Eater?
Dec 11, 2020 1:09 PM

Aug 2013
WE NEED SEASON 3 NOW! My hype boner has been stroked. And that final scene with the moon...bruh the theories in my head.
Don't believe the hype.
Dec 11, 2020 1:10 PM

Apr 2020
Better than season 1 imo. I'm assuming we'll get an announcement for a movie or another season in the next few months.

This ended like Demon Slayer. Training and healing before shit hits the fan.

Shinra gained ultra instinct lol
Dec 11, 2020 1:15 PM

Jun 2014
Arthur and Shinra powered up so if a 3rd season comes out (which I'm sure will happen) it'll be great to see them in action again to see what they can do. I wasn't expecting a captain to die, damn the White Clad are really making big moves. Hearing the first OP from S1 was such a treat during that last part of the episode too.

The first season was pretty whatever for me but this season stepped things up quite nicely. I found myself more consistently enjoying this season compared to S1. Hoping for the same in an eventual S3!!
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Dec 11, 2020 1:27 PM
Jul 2020
you know when we learn that the evangelist was from an other dimension, and at the end we see the moon of soul eater where asura was hiding . I mean I’m guessing but damn crossover
Dec 11, 2020 1:35 PM

Apr 2014
Does that moon, in the end, has any relationship with the series or just crossover?
Dec 11, 2020 1:38 PM
Aug 2020
Holy shit, the mood of this episode was really interesting and it reminded me a lot of early season 1. I just wish some of the side characters got more focus. Overall, this was another really enjoyable and interesting season of a great show and I'm excited about the future of this series!
Dec 11, 2020 1:41 PM

Jan 2020
The moon that saw Haumea was the moon for soul eater?

See you later to all hopelly!

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Dec 11, 2020 1:46 PM

Jul 2013
I thought the first season had potential, but didn't delivered at the end as much as I would have liked, so I'm glad this second season ended up being much better (so much I ended picking up the manga), by revealing and introducing many cool mysteries, focusing on more characters and of course, thanks to DavidPro amazing visuals. This season overall has flied super fast for me.

Shinra finally got a cool power up, after lots of borderline torture, but he got it. The blue flames looked incredibly good, almost looked like an ufotable production for a moment. We got to see more of Beni too which is always welcomed.

The death of captain Hague was sudden and surprising, leading to show how even more ruthless the White Clads are becoming. The scene where Shinra observed his death in Adolla was something. I realized they added Asako (his grandaughter) in his funeral, which I think wasn't in the manga. Good detail.
The only thing I didn't liked is how they translated the group that White Clad girl belongs as "Destroyers" instead of "Butchers" like in the manga scans, which imo sounded more badass.

The ending with Inferno in the credits was already good, but the reveal of the moon of Soul Eater before ending the episode was just chilling. If this doesn't receives a third season I will be genuinely sad, considering the next events from this point on are just insane. The "See you later" at the end gives me hopes, but you never know...
Dec 11, 2020 1:50 PM
Nov 2019
Great ending to a great season.
Dec 11, 2020 2:29 PM

Aug 2015
WOW DID NOT EXPECT OPENING 1 TO PLAY!!

Further developments made, can't wait to see what happens next!

Also, nice promotion for ending 4 by PELICAN FANCLUB on that truck at the end! xD
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Dec 11, 2020 2:39 PM

Jun 2020
Thank you Ni no Shou for 5 months and more of hype and great entertainment. Better than season 1 for sure. I will look forward to S3. Fuck, David Production is an amazing studio. That post cred was crazy asf can't wait to see what it means.
This anime shit is addictive
Dec 11, 2020 2:45 PM

May 2011
I really enjoyed watching this season of Fire Force.I can't wait for season 3.
''I was dead serious''

Dec 11, 2020 3:45 PM
Jul 2018
So I'm guessing we are going to get a season 3 looking at the message at the end, but for now I'll be finishing up the manga! I heard it's entering it's finale, I think.

Great conclusion to the season! Shinra and Arthur seem to have gotten a power-up as well. A new villain was introduced as well, Thanos looking person who can control gold items? They may be getting a little out of hand with these powers, as I can't relate gold with fire at all, but I already know they have one creative ass writer who'll make it seem possible. I really loved how they incorporated the first opening into the ending! Major nostalgia alert!

But for now, onto the manga I shall go!
Dec 11, 2020 3:48 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Damn what an end.

Apparently the harsh training session at Asakusa produced a brilliant results. That Shinra visualization over his burning feels, his souls of life burned for good, for the sake of the new technique, at a fire scene. Its a shame that i don't get to see how Arthur felt about it at the moment. It must be so good to get.

Well, left aside it, its looks like Shinra's adolla link world also showed him the gruesome death of the masochist old man too. Yeah that 4th division captain. Poor being, he just wanted to live in peace at his old age. But, its just happened. The new Evangelist follower looked too strong for him. Now, everyone must be awared with the situations that changed drastically. The white-clad members attacked peoples with a scar in such a sporadic way, made them difficult to be pinned down. Everyone with a scar should be alerted to the situations. Especially with that doctor, that newly revealed to be one of the scars owner, and Beni mentioned Captain Obi too.

Then, its time for them to be united, all of the fire forces, in one command, not like before. Its need 48 episodes to created the moments. Its time for the final action, the Evangelist soon will reach its real appearance. Yeah, that new look of Yona. That Sho finally reappeared after such a long time. That Haumea insanity scene at the end. That moon that looks familiar. Its really an excitement for me and i can't wait for the final one.

So, for the sake of the, possibly, a final full pledges of season of the fire forces series after the manga is complete. I decided to cut these season two at my 9 points. Thanks for the effort, David Production, really appreciated. I am really looking forward to see their last finalization over this series. I hope its really happening. If not, well, there is nothing i can do about it!

Thats it for now.
badabassDec 11, 2020 4:01 PM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 11, 2020 3:54 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
I thought this was a really good conclusion to the season. The visuals were on point and I loved that inferno played as the ending song. I enjoyed this season more than the first season

Dec 11, 2020 3:57 PM

Jul 2020
so this is the end of season 2 huh.

they used the first opening in season one and it feels nostalgic!

that moon face in the ending reminds me of soul eater tho

Dec 11, 2020 4:18 PM
Jul 2018
last episode was very good.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2020

74 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Yesterday, 5:33 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2020

123 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Yesterday, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jul 24, 2020

117 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Oct 6, 1:30 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2020

105 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Oct 6, 1:23 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

_MushiRock11_ - Jul 3, 2020

140 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Oct 6, 1:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.