Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 9, 2019 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So that Mio girl can be quite observative.

Takuya also seems to be rather intelligent when it comes to history and recalling the past. I'm still much more curious about that Kana girl though since she gives off a mysterious vibe. Feels like she's hiding something.

Oh Ayame, she's dealing with some shady people. It seems Takuya is taking advantage of his ability to deal with them.
Apr 9, 2019 7:27 AM

May 2017
The episode didn't even finish airing in Japan when you posted this lmao. Nonetheless, nice observations and I'm hoping you're enjoy this!
Apr 9, 2019 8:47 AM
Jul 2018
I can see where this would have gone in the eroge.
Apr 9, 2019 8:52 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i didn't know

was gonna be in an anime this season
Apr 9, 2019 9:13 AM

Mar 2010
That end was soooo bad, damn...
Apr 9, 2019 9:15 AM
Jan 2018
Now that the prologue's done with, time some for action!

The Reflector Device is a tricky plot element to translate from a gameplay mechanic to a non-interactive anime in a way that sustains the dramatic tension. In the original game, your options were limited: there were predefined branches on the timeline and a button on the device would begin flashing as one approached. You couldn't do just ANYthing, just what the game designers allowed you to. Moreover, it was in a way limited-use, in that "saving" your timeline position uses up a jewel (those pearl-like things on the Reflector Device), of which there are only a handful total - seems like they replaced that mechanic with Takuya getting a headache from overusing it.
Apr 9, 2019 9:18 AM

Jun 2014
Not a bad episode, I can already see how parallele universe is gonna be an important plot in this serie because of all the symbolism with the tree in the ending and opening.

Imo I can already see how much better it would be to just read it instead of watching, I'll still keep watching though.
Apr 9, 2019 9:19 AM

Aug 2013
I have mixed feelings about this episode. 1st half was great, but they changed and skipped too much with Ayumi
rsc-plApr 9, 2019 9:34 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 9, 2019 9:22 AM

May 2017
They're actually changing quite a bit from the visual novel.

So far it's not bad, I'm just really interested to see where they go with this. I'm thoroughly enjoying this adaptation thus far even if it's not staying 100% faithful to the source!
Apr 9, 2019 9:35 AM
Apr 2018
I can certainly see why some people who played the Visual Novel said that this was an inspiration for steins; gate.
Apr 9, 2019 9:35 AM

Mar 2018

Aaaand we already have a Steins;Gate reference.
Apr 9, 2019 9:45 AM

May 2017
One thing I forgot to mention is that there's quite a few changes from the original VN.

People that only like 100% faithful adaptations will hate me for saying this, but if they're doing some anime-original stuff that deviates from the VN, you just gotta trust that it's all part of the master plan of turning this story into a great anime.

This was always going to be a tough challenge to make an anime out of, after all. I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far, like I said before!
Apr 9, 2019 9:50 AM

May 2017
ycleped said:
One thing I forgot to mention is that there's quite a few changes from the original VN.

People that only like 100% faithful adaptations will hate me for saying this, but if they're doing some anime-original stuff that deviates from the VN, you just gotta trust that it's all part of the master plan of turning this story into a great anime.

This was always going to be a tough challenge to make an anime out of, after all. I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far, like I said before!

Agreed, they're changing it by a fair amount, but it also seems to be a way that fits in anime form. At least, as far as these two episodes make it seem, especially this episode compared to the first one.
Signature:
I prefer comedies, horror, hentai, and combinations of such. Anime with a lack of fan service is a disservice.
Apr 9, 2019 9:54 AM

Jul 2014
This isn't too bad, but something does feel a little off here, though I'm not at all sure what. Probably something to do with the parallel universes I suppose... based on what his father said, Takuya is creating a new one every single time he tries to stop those thugs, right? It would be nice if the show was a little clearer on the exact rules of this, especially when green-hair guy only shows up in the latest instance and not the others (that we see, anyhow).
Apr 9, 2019 9:58 AM

Jan 2018
Atavistic said:
This isn't too bad, but something does feel a little off here, though I'm not at all sure what. Probably something to do with the parallel universes I suppose... based on what his father said, Takuya is creating a new one every single time he tries to stop those thugs, right? It would be nice if the show was a little clearer on the exact rules of this, especially when green-hair guy only shows up in the latest instance and not the others (that we see, anyhow).

I think he was supposed to come in all three of them
Apr 9, 2019 9:58 AM

May 2017
Atavistic said:

Well, he did make a hell of a ruckus, revving the bike and crashing it into the wall lmao. Toyotomi most likely was nearby and heard it.
Apr 9, 2019 10:07 AM

Aug 2013
Not a bad episode.

That green-hair guy is annoying.

Apr 9, 2019 10:14 AM
Nov 2015
As a VN player, i have to say that this is a solid adaptation at the moment although some details have been missed. I hope that Episode 3 will deepen into Ayumi character. Have to say also that they prortayed Mio and Kanna very well and i hope impatiently the episodes where they have more prominence
Apr 9, 2019 10:21 AM
Jan 2018
Deibitto said:
I hope that Episode 3 will deepen into Ayumi character.
Agreed. The anime has left out all of the family drama flashbacks and heartfelt scenes of Takuya spending time with her, resulting in her seeming a shallow damsel-in-distress.
Apr 9, 2019 10:26 AM

Nov 2016
The premise and the set up are actually quite intriguing, but imo it still lacks a bit excitement, nonetheless a fairly nice watch so far.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 9, 2019 10:32 AM
Jun 2017
Well now we have some idea of how that reflector device works and its amazing. And it just shown in this episode on how it is being used.

Sad for the guy as he cant beat those pro browlers...
Apr 9, 2019 10:59 AM

Dec 2014
that mio is the most logical person in this anime...it seems and mom just happen to be in trouble from time to time it seems
Apr 9, 2019 11:06 AM

Mar 2016
Yeah, I think I'm going to like this one. We have characters actually talking about things that they are personally knowledgeable about and it doesn't come across as cheap author-insert garbage. A very rare thing,
syncrogazerApr 9, 2019 2:27 PM
Apr 9, 2019 11:32 AM
Jun 2016
Atavistic said:

Is he the same guy thats his mothers boss? If so then everything is a setup to make hm show up and save the day is my guess.
Apr 9, 2019 11:35 AM

Aug 2012
Boring and predictable. The thugs either got hired by the guy at the end or the guy for whom MC mom works
Apr 9, 2019 11:51 AM

Jun 2015
I was playing the game in parallel of watching the anime, and it seems that they advanced from the point I was in?? Which means that they butcher all the little details (Like takuya's interaction with Mitsuki, and with his homeroom teacher etc...) . But I'm not complaining.
Honestly playing the game and watching the anime will be the best combo to do
They all feel the same adjust to the pain..like tears in the rain..

Apr 9, 2019 12:04 PM

May 2017
nightcrawlercyp said:
Boring and predictable. The thugs either got hired by the guy at the end or the guy for whom MC mom works

You'll take back 'predictable' at least by the end of the first cour. Reading this visual novel, it was one of the least predictable things I've ever seen.
Apr 9, 2019 12:56 PM

Dec 2014
Is this a mix between Re Zero and Steins;Gate
i liked it

Apr 9, 2019 1:11 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
People can probably tell by now that the inspiration thing for Steins;Gate doesn't come out of thin air now.

I like that Takuya is actually testing the waters with the device. And considering the personality of him so far, it makes sense to me that he doesn't think of any consequences YET.

Mio is quite the determined one. I like how she doesn't let up once she sees something happening that seems suspicious to her as seen with Kanna and shortly after with Toyotomi, even taking charge in the conversation there. N

Speaking of, he came in at the very end only to help out Ayumi. He might have heard the noise of the bike and came in there.

I laughed when Takuya just resetted everytime he failed xD That's admirable, no mistake but it was hilarious to me :D

Can't wait to see more, i'll be rewatching every new episode once the day after to pick up on new shit i can find.

Apr 9, 2019 2:52 PM

May 2018
I'm guessing that Kana may have seen Takuya did a time loop.
Apr 9, 2019 4:07 PM

Jun 2014
whats going on in here rly
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2019 4:32 PM

Mar 2019
Well that was a pretty boring episode..
Apr 9, 2019 5:22 PM

Oct 2012
Better. And it's now obvious they are joining all routes together, wonder how that works though (but I already noticed before - only three gems are missing from his relector - meaning what keypoints would be).

Still don't like their music arranges though. It's ridiculous, most of the time there is no music at all... the overall atmosphere really suffers due to it. Also, the mystery kinda suffers when they try to explain some things so obviously.. (like that Toyotomi entrace in the end). And I honestly doubt anime-only viewers actually get what his father tried to explain (plus really bad subtitles at that... seems like some meanings were completely shifted).

Basically, the way the Reflector device works is he saves the state on the timeline and then can return back to it, each slot is one save point so his options are limited by the number of gems. Also, what his father was trying to tell him is that the time flows as a river, meaning even if he seemingly goes back in time, he's is still going forward in history.
(A He saves the world state) ---> (B He throws a can)---> (C He resets the worldstate back to A)

Meaning that although C is seemingly same as A it's actually down the worldline. Chaos theory applies too. This is probably the main fundamental difference from every other time-travelling story - cause he isn't actually going back, he only creates the possibility where everything is as it was before - but the time itself (and he too) moves forward so the cause and effect rule still applies. Also, every item he has goes with him as shown with the can (this is crucial to further story). Anyway, if you want to read about Reflector device in more detail, there is actually whole text he was holding in his hands here:
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/yuno/yuno_files/yuno-adms-paper.pdf

Also, kinda funny but sometimes Mio sounds exactly like Shana which breaks the 4th wall. Guess Kugimiya Rie is forgetting that this time she is voicing ojou-sama instead of loli chracter.
Apr 9, 2019 5:33 PM
Apr 2014
I don't know why but I feel so bored watching this. It's fairly interesting but the episodes so far have been a drag.
Apr 9, 2019 5:34 PM

May 2017
@snyft it's probably the lack of background music.
Apr 9, 2019 5:37 PM

Jan 2011
liked this more than the first wasn't too bad either still early on so nothing crazy has happened yet but shit i feel like Mio's introduction did her a disservice she felt like just another tsu-ojou type but shes pretty smart and logical like when she was questioning Kanna was like damn you're asking all the right questions that most anime characters won't
Apr 9, 2019 5:51 PM

Aug 2016
after going deeper into the original 1996 game story, I must say this doesn´t feel particularly boring, Im actually entertained since it´s interesting too see all these characters animated, but as an adaptation this could have been done in a much better way. Its ike Im watching a advertisement for the game and one that doesnt make it justice most of the time.
:v
Apr 9, 2019 7:43 PM

Oct 2014
Not to say it isn't a valid criticism, but a lot of people pointing out the poorly timed jokes don't seem to have the same problem with FMAB. I wonder why...
Apr 9, 2019 8:15 PM

May 2017
MichaelJackson said:
after going deeper into the original 1996 game story, I must say this doesn´t feel particularly boring, Im actually entertained since it´s interesting too see all these characters animated, but as an adaptation this could have been done in a much better way. Its ike Im watching a advertisement for the game and one that doesnt make it justice most of the time.

It's only 2 episodes in...
Apr 9, 2019 8:19 PM

Aug 2016
ycleped said:
MichaelJackson said:

....................and that´s enough
Apr 9, 2019 8:30 PM

May 2017
MichaelJackson said:
ycleped said:

2 out of 26 is less than 8% through the entire show. How is that enough?
Apr 9, 2019 8:35 PM

Aug 2016
ycleped said:
MichaelJackson said:

Well, it was enough for you to give it a score already.
Apr 9, 2019 8:55 PM

May 2017
MichaelJackson said:
ycleped said:

Well, it was enough for you to give it a score already.

I didn't give it a score. I gave it a placeholder to combat the crappy rating it has currently that might be driving people away from checking it out.

I don't give anything a legitimate score until I've finished it. I've read the visual novel and I gave that a 10/10 so if the rating *was* legitimate, it would be a 10, not a 9.

However, I understand that source =/= adaptation in rating. Again, my rating is just a placeholder to combat the other poor ratings the show has received.

Maybe I should put a disclaimer on my profile saying that any ratings for currently airing shows or shows I haven't finished yet are always placeholders.
Apr 9, 2019 9:14 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I like the way that device works, but that 400 year theory thing is what stood out the most to me....That was interesting af lol
Apr 9, 2019 9:25 PM

Nov 2011
Yeah this episode kind of turned me off. The mc is funny I guess, but it feels forced.
Plus the main girl is now the Mayors daughter I felt like that should have been addressed somewhat in episode one instead of "surprise". She also likes the MC.

The time travel back a few minutes is going to get old possibly.

Ill give it another episode or two to see if it can hook me in.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 9, 2019 9:25 PM

May 2017
Tokoya said:
I like the way that device works, but that 400 year theory thing is what stood out the most to me....That was interesting af lol

You may or may not see more of that in the future *wink wink*
Apr 9, 2019 9:58 PM

Aug 2012
ycleped said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

You'll take back 'predictable' at least by the end of the first cour. Reading this visual novel, it was one of the least predictable things I've ever seen.
So I have to watch half the show to be entertained? Also it is obvious that the chick that the MC's BFF is hot after (I think she is named Mio) is after MC's D. Hope it just does not turn into a harem. So far 3 girls seem that will be interested in him. Also is obvious the mountain was created by some malfunction of the device. But it was fun him charging to attack. I thought that he was going to use the moped to grab his mom and get out, but no... he wanted to beat the thugs as a scrawny dumb kid.
ycleped said:
Tokoya said:

You may or may not see more of that in the future *wink wink*
Is that even accurate? I mean yes when Japan had moments of isolationism it stagnated and when regime changed in some cases they changed this policy and it prospered but correlation does not mean causality. In fact the causality works the other way around. The theory is dumb
Apr 9, 2019 11:54 PM

Mar 2009
Mio's cute. I like her.

Thought this episode was better than the 1st, though I couldn't help but laugh at Takuya getting his ass kicked over and over again. Time travel is not on his side there. He tried, at least.
Apr 9, 2019 11:59 PM

Jul 2017
So it WASN'T A JOKE when the director ACTUALLY said that Mio will be more on the tsundere style, reminds me of Shana's VA (maybe just the same), and it shows.

The episode...kinda turns me off, but in the same way, intrigues me further. Not so much on the comedic side, but more on the supernatural side.

The Parallel Constitutive Theorem, the 400-year old theory or whatsoever...it's getting a LOT more convoluted, but Takuya seems to take captive of the instrument while helping Ayumi out, no matter how much he tries. Seems that the "Time Travel" mechanic will be used very often.

Still one that warrants a further watch up till Episode 6...
Apr 10, 2019 3:41 AM
Sep 2016
Am i the only one who saw the Oopa ( Steins;Gate Easter Egg ) on this ep ?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2019

53 by Buhay127 »»
Jul 10, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2019

90 by Talamare »»
Jun 7, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2019

18 by Talamare »»
Jun 6, 8:48 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2019

83 by RGreatDanton »»
May 16, 6:59 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2019

246 by RGreatDanton »»
May 16, 8:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.