Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 30, 2016 5:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode felt weird but the buildup felt interesting enough.

The photo of the princess once again being questioned that has deep roots with the story. Somehow, Mika is becoming more prominent in this series lol although it's for more comical angles.
Jun 30, 2016 5:55 AM
Dec 2011
Now just think about how will Netflix people react to "season 1"(episode 1-13)'s ending, if Netflix don't change format to release this show weekly.
Jun 30, 2016 6:14 AM

Apr 2010
This was a big cliffhanger tho that it was the princess was obvious.
The question that remains is what happened to her and what will happen next.
Next week should be interesting.
Jun 30, 2016 6:34 AM

Sep 2015
Kennosuke Nooooo~ that sword pierce thru his body

Sometimes i really wonder Yukina might be the descendant of princess.
Jun 30, 2016 11:22 AM

May 2015
O god, I just loved how this episode went from all relax and chill to that cliffhanger - Kennosuke getting pierced by the Princess. Quite a shock. That was big, holy shit. Now the question is what exactly happened to the Princess that made her like this.

Next episode can't come soon enough! http://kuromukuro.com/story14.html

Great episode once again.
ReverberateJul 1, 2016 2:46 AM

Jun 30, 2016 12:11 PM

Jul 2015
DAMN THAT ENDING. That ending is hype af. I'm pretty sure we can all agree Yuki-hime is being controlled. She's got those red dots in her eyes. I laughed when Ken kept saying "I slay demons. That's it" xD
Jun 30, 2016 1:35 PM

Apr 2014
yukina and ken are getting close even they spent time together like in a date...he eats her sugar ooooh
poor ken,,,, <3
Jun 30, 2016 10:06 PM
Aug 2014
What's the point of the red bandana dude. The writers hate this guy, he keeps failing and failing, it's not even funny.
Jun 30, 2016 11:47 PM

Dec 2014
feel quite sad about the red bandana dude.. He is getting tossed around hrough out the show
Jul 1, 2016 8:29 PM

Sep 2015
I don't think that Yuki-hime being controlled as she speaks and run around freely, her red-eye is not enough to justifiy that because the other alien girl in the spider robot also has same eye color. So either she was brainwashed very long time ago, or it is actually her real self from the start. After all up until now the past memories Kennosuke have might be fake.
valvravetruthJul 1, 2016 8:33 PM
Jul 2, 2016 1:45 PM

Feb 2015
I love the character interactions in this series, cants wait for next week after that cliffhanger.
Jul 2, 2016 8:54 PM

Jul 2014
Yuki Hime is obviously evil. how else would she be alive for 400 years
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Jul 2, 2016 10:03 PM
Aug 2014
earth is under attack and they have normal SoL school festival. Seriously people in thins show are dumb or what? they have no sense of danger what so ever.
Jul 2, 2016 10:49 PM

Oct 2012
hithummah said:
earth is under attack and they have normal SoL school festival. Seriously people in thins show are dumb or what? they have no sense of danger what so ever.
It's explained (in a somewhat unconvincing way) that it was the student advisor's idea to continue with the festival to help support the students and allow them to unwind and relax so as to not be overcome with things like fear, anxiety and other psychological hindrances. While it may have not been the smartest choice, it is a valid, although also a somewhat questionable, reason
Although I face palmed hard when they just let Yukihime in, why oh why did you decide to hold a cosplay day? xD

Overall it was fairly obvious that this red woman was the princess or was otherwise related to her in some way, I liked the clear difference and sudden (although slightly predictable) switch from the SoL relaxing atmosphere to the tense and tragic cliffhanger. although the moment he saw her face and paused, then got stabbed I was screaming "freaking shiznit whyyyyyyyyy"
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jul 3, 2016 2:07 AM

Dec 2015
The festival felt dragged out but the episode was okay: it was obvious the mid-series finale would bring the princess back and it did. Mission success. And the military found another piece of what Efidol seeks, now we can hope more informations.

About the woman who descended, I understood she was waiting for her machine to regenerate itself. But aren't those those things supposed to use metal near them for that?

3/5

@hithummah It happens often. In Saikano (manga) if I remèmber right, the students insist on doing some festival or sports contest in a Japan under unknown attack, while the world is nearing its end.
Jul 3, 2016 2:13 AM
Jul 2018
Le princesita showed up. Why she looks like a badass woman to me?

I suppose this is where first cour ends. Can't wait for next episode and new OP&ED.
Jul 3, 2016 4:57 AM

Feb 2014
What a way to end the first cour of Kuromukuro.

I can't blame Ken for standing frozen at the sight of the red-armoured lady who looks exactly like, or could actually be Princess Yukihime, as she successfully stabs him.

As @valvravetruth mentioned, her eyes weren't normal at all, unlike the other demons from space that appeared before her, which could indicate that she might be under control by someone.

I'm sure Ken will survive this attack, but I doubt Yukihime will be caught at the school successfully.

Overall, a really good episode, and I do agree that Akagi deserves better from the writers at some point. The poor guy has already gone through a lot of issues with his father and other students and deserves to have some good fortune very soon. =)
Jul 3, 2016 6:51 AM

Apr 2008
OMG! Yukihime apperead :O but why do I have the feeling that she's being controled by that thing that took Yukine when she feel and hit her head? Ah.. can't wait for the next episode! I hope Kennosuke won't change his new feelings just because his lover from the past came back.
Jul 3, 2016 9:29 AM

Sep 2015
@Meta_Yoshi no, everyone from demons has the same red dot in the middle of their eye and silver/blue surrounding it. They speak and able to think freely. When you are controlled, you can't do things freely and only follow orders. At most being brainwashed.

valvravetruthJul 3, 2016 9:44 AM
Jul 3, 2016 11:43 AM

Feb 2014
valvravetruth said:
@Meta_Yoshi no, everyone from demons has the same red dot in the middle of their eye and silver/blue surrounding it. They speak and able to think freely. When you are controlled, you can't do things freely and only follow orders. At most being brainwashed.

Missed that detail there! ^^;

I only noticed it since her face is up close that the red dots aren't squinted like the picture above.

Thanks for pointing that out. =)
Jul 3, 2016 12:05 PM

Sep 2015
@Meta_Yoshi Hahaha just relax. You might be right that they are being controlled. Its great and fun to have something to discuss with someone. Whether they are being controlled or just brainwashed, there are too many mysteries in the series, like what the demon is really looking for on earth and is Kennosuke past memory fake or not.
Jul 3, 2016 2:06 PM

Feb 2014
@valvravetruth That's the type of discussions I enjoy as well. =)

The show has presented plenty of questions and as of right now, too few answers. I'm sure it will answer all of them in due time.
Jul 4, 2016 9:25 AM

Mar 2011
valvravetruth said:

How do you define "freely" n this kind of situation, seriously. (or "freely" in any situation to be more accurate but whatever)

As long as what you do is coherent regarding the person and the one controling her (and given what we know about....Everyone in Efidolg, we don't have enough data to judge if there is any inconsistency ) it seems normal for an outsider.

She can perfectly be controlled by a third party, a rebel in Efidolg going against them in the shadow, or whatever you want.
For that matter, there isn't even any indication that Efidolg are the "real" bad guys. We just don't know enough about the guys, if they really wanted to kill Ouma in order to make the relic useless since the beginning it would have been way easier to do it like Yuki just did but with more people in order to be successful, like a stealth mission, but they didn't.
So Yuki going on earth "on her own" doesn't prove that she isn't controlled; this being said there is ALSO a chance of her doing it of her own free will, but that's it, both are possible in the current narrative and given the character's characterizations.
It's not unusual for a third party to be here but you only learn it at the end (see: gundam seed just for ONE anime-related example among countless ones).
If you don't know someone, you cannot know if someone is acting "freely" or "just following orders". Both look the same for an outsider when you don't have any point of comparison to know how the person would /really/ react. And if we believe Kennosuke's memories, how she is right now definitely doesn't fit her current characterization (but then again said memories are questionable; which is core of the problem).

Not saying that it will be the case, but it's definitely a possibility and nothing goes against it right now. It' either that or Kennosuke's memories that were altered, which is more likely IMO. But both of the possibilities stand their ground right now.
willardhwrightJul 4, 2016 9:30 AM
Jul 4, 2016 10:04 AM

Oct 2014
this still feels a little weird but it's getting better and better
Jul 4, 2016 11:07 AM

Mar 2016
Kennosukeee, noooo :<
What the hell is princess doing there?
Jul 5, 2016 12:11 PM

Jun 2013
That ending....... WHAT THE FUCK
Jul 5, 2016 2:25 PM
Apr 2014
DAMMNNN. Such a revelation right at the end... Couldn't they let them fight a bit and end the episode then show her face at the beginning of the next one? >.<
Jul 7, 2016 6:57 AM

Jan 2015
I never tired seeing the school festival. whatever the Anime is in. It always fun to watch it.
And Yukina's "relationship" with Kennosuke seems to grow stronger.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 7, 2016 10:22 AM

Dec 2013
Finally got to watch it.

The first 20 or so minutes was simple SoL fare. Nothing much bar a little advancement to Ouma and Yukina's relationship.
That last 30 seconds though... not bad for a mid-cour ending.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 7, 2016 12:04 PM

May 2009
The episode where great with the relaxed beginning, and then ending it with a cliffhanger. So if Yuri-hime is still alive, what actually happened during that day when she supposedly "died". And poor Kennosuke. He must have gotten a complete shock seeing that she was still alive, and then also getting stabbed by her.
Even if the future is locked or erased I won't end this prayer because I want to convey my real feelings to you

Jul 7, 2016 6:36 PM

Sep 2012
I skip every damn scene where those three retards are in it. I wish they would all just die already. Useless, pointless idiots are not needed. They are ABSOLUTELY 100% useless. Just stop.

That aside, the obvious princess-alien finally gets revealed. And what a grandiose opening appearance she made.
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Jul 7, 2016 11:38 PM

Dec 2014
Well yukihime arrived..that was absurd on its own
Jul 8, 2016 8:20 AM

Apr 2011
What a strange reunion.
Jul 9, 2016 12:38 PM

Jul 2015
that was pretty good episode, hime sama cliffhanger... 5/5 :)
Jul 9, 2016 8:19 PM

Jan 2009
evil princess is here
Jul 10, 2016 12:28 PM

Jan 2012
It's really malicious when 450 y. o. warrior talks about culture.
Jul 13, 2016 11:51 AM

Aug 2012
Crashmatt said:
I love the character interactions in this series

Same here! It's those little details that I really enjoy in this show tbh. Kennosuke get along pretty well with Mika and Sophie I wasn't expecting that so it's really nice!
Jul 14, 2016 11:40 PM

Dec 2012
The date was cute, I'm glad that their relationship progress. Good cliffhanger O.O

"I cut down demon, that is all"
Jul 16, 2016 1:51 AM
Mar 2012
lol dunno what quadruped was for, looks cool anyways.
More brainwash/memory change suggestions.
Real hime's here with cool cosplay.
So anon translation better than than netflix's? A few mistakes tho.
Jul 18, 2016 11:51 AM

Aug 2013
gophercg said:
So anon translation better than than netflix's? A few mistakes tho.

And much better than gg.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 24, 2016 2:41 AM

May 2014
Ah, the typical festival episode with a 'twist'
The slice of life moments still dominate this show even its main genre is mecha... lol
Interesting. 5/5
Jul 26, 2016 2:10 PM

Feb 2015
yep! i thought the girl in the red armor is yukihime and it's true. now from that point, i can guess that all of the people in the past, people that Kenosuke knew, the people that was still alive got kidnapped by the aliens and got brainwashed. and i bet that ending, when the girl stabbed him, i bet she missed the heart.

overall, it was an enjoyable episode imo for the SoL scene. not really much happening except that revelation in the end.

looking foward to the next episode.
Aug 7, 2016 10:31 PM

Nov 2015
That cliffhanger though! Good way to end the first cour.

Aug 11, 2016 6:32 AM

Aug 2013
This is why you don't have two waifus
Aug 26, 2016 5:25 PM

Feb 2013
It really was the princess. Nice job calling that one MAL.
Sep 23, 2016 7:11 AM

Nov 2011
Episode denoting clearly his interim setting in the narrative, the rhetorical character of the story is also evident. The quality of the drawings and animations, are further confirmation that it is a transition episode. The beginning I did not like, I love things clearly exposed. The enemy, now they are all female? This is what is new! XD
Jan 9, 2017 6:58 AM

Mar 2015
Whoa it was the Princess! Totally didn't see that one coming
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 17, 2017 7:29 AM

Jan 2014
Really confused about the beginning of this episode. Where did pink haired pilot with the brown armour come from?
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Mar 18, 2017 1:01 PM

Sep 2012
Laionidas said:
Really confused about the beginning of this episode. Where did pink haired pilot with the brown armour come from?

She's been in the show, her name is Shenmei Liu and she's the partner of Tom.

Also I'm surprised nobody mentioned in this episode how Mika was cosplaying from Nagi no Asukara. I had a small inner laugh when I saw the outfit
Apr 5, 2017 10:57 PM
Jun 2013
ha mika calling out ken for basically being a man. also trying to play match maker with our leads. To bad for mr red head band. also yea this pretty much hints we are dealing with brain washed humans working for aliens with the princess.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2016

107 by JVskunkape »»
May 25, 1:31 AM

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

142 by JVskunkape »»
May 23, 5:26 AM

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

66 by lisalosthername »»
Apr 24, 2023 3:24 AM

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2016

46 by L01MK »»
Feb 3, 2023 3:50 PM

» 5 Years Anniversary Event

bastek66 - May 11, 2021

1 by Cabron »»
Mar 26, 2022 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.