Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 5, 2016 4:25 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Frost's politeness is almost scary LOL. That standing ovation though.

Piccolo's fight against Frost seems pretty fast. I wasn't expecting him to charge a Special Beam Cannon from the very start. The fight is nice with some clever moves from Piccolo. I always like how he uses his head to come up with tactics to win rather than sheer power. Too bad Frost was one step ahead of him. Definitely some mind games going on this episode.

Vegeta's up next. Should be interesting. One of my favorite characters in this series.
Mar 5, 2016 4:30 PM

Oct 2010
Turns out Frost wasn't the nice guy as he pretended to be and did cheat. Vegeta doesn't want Frost disqualified so he can beat him himself. 10/10
Mar 5, 2016 4:31 PM
Jul 2018
Caught up just in time to see this ep and wow I did NOT expect that from Frost. Holy shit. It looks like Hit is gonna do something next week too. Finally Super is starting to get interesting, animation aside.
Mar 5, 2016 4:38 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Frost actually cheated lol....Turns out he is a space pirate and Vados didn't tell anyone

Next episode is gonna be lit since Vegeta is gonna fuck him up and it looks like Hit is going to show his power too

Piccolo wasn't stronger than Frost but if Frost didnt cheat he would have won so props to the Nemekian for holding on and props to Jaco for exposing Frost
Mar 5, 2016 5:38 PM
Oct 2012
This arc makes Dragon Ball GT look like Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.
Mar 5, 2016 7:50 PM

Jul 2015
Turns out Frost is a Lil bitch. Hilarious how Jako literally risked his life to make it clear. HYPED FOR THAT VEGETA ACTION NEXT WEEK!
Mar 5, 2016 8:14 PM

Jan 2016
Hey, so Goku powered down to Super Saiyan after all, it is clear when Beerus asked him why he didn't use all his true power (refering to the God ki).

And that Frost... he isn't that different from Frieza xD I have to agree that Piccolo didn't stand a chance if we go power-wise but a strategy can difficult situations :P If Frost wouldn't have cheated, Piccolo would have won with one hit. Now Vegeta can do what he couldn't do with Frieza in RoF :D
THANKS SENPIEX
Mar 5, 2016 9:09 PM

Mar 2014
aaaw is sad that Piccolo is gonna battle once, at least let him fight/lose the next 6th dimension fighter (Frost being destroyed can be applied outside of the tour right?)
Mar 5, 2016 9:21 PM
Nov 2015
Takuto_Shindou said:

Word ... the plot and its execution is concepted for 8-12 year old kids. I literally cringe every 10 seconds, be it from terrible animation, ridicolous scenes like piccolo chargin his face (attack) throughout the fight without firing once or just obvious storythings like frost poisining his opponents/everyone being utterly stupid.

It feels like an Abridged Fanart to me. Like everyones brain suddenly dropped to the exaggerated level of Teamfourstar's Goku.

And how can people on this forum still be positivly suprised at any of this development and comment on it in a serious matter X_x

Its like those guys never actually saw a decent, good, great or amazing anime and just don't know any better since they can't compare it to anything, cuz its their first time ever watching animated stuff :S

Do you wanna know the truth behind piccolos flashy face in this episode???

Edit: And yes even though im utterly disappointed, i'll probably keep watching it since...eh ..
This show, in its own way is hilarious if you just see it as a big parody of the real DBZ franchise. It also goes great together with alcohol ^^
great fighto indeed :P
GidarMar 5, 2016 11:08 PM
Mar 5, 2016 10:01 PM
Jul 2018
Are toei making this up or is this going to happen in the manga? by the way, the manga is so much better than the anime.
Mar 5, 2016 10:38 PM
Jul 2018
Gidar said:
Takuto_Shindou said:

Word ... the plot and its execution is concepted for 8-12 year old kids. I literally cringe every 10 seconds, be it from terrible animation, ridicolous scenes like piccolo chargin his face (attack) throughout the fight without firing once or just obvious storythings like frost poisining his opponents/everyone being utterly stupid.

It feels like an Abridged Fanart to me. Like everyones brain suddenly dropped to the exaggerated level of Teamfourstar's Goku.

And how can people on this forum still be positivly suprised at any of this development and comment on it in a serious matter X_x

Its like those guys never actually saw a decent, good, great or amazing anime and just don't know any better since they can't compare it to anything, cuz its their first time ever watching animated stuff :S

Do you wanna know the truth behind piccolos flashy face in this episode???

Edit: And yes even though im utterly disappointed, i'll probably keep watching it since...eh ..
This show, in its own way is hilarious if you just see it as a big satire/mocking of the real DBZ franchise. It also goes great together with alcohol ^^
great fighto indeed :P

You do realize the longer you charge the beam the stronger it becomes right? Or are you just one of those Dragon Ball "fans" that just want flashy fights and edgy plot instead of fast paced tactical fights?
Mar 5, 2016 11:29 PM

Jan 2009
lol Frost is a cheater, its nice that Chi-Chi cares about Goku though, we only seen Chi-Chi so far always angry at Goku
Mar 5, 2016 11:36 PM
Nov 2015
Lolimancer said:

You do realize the longer you charge the beam the stronger it becomes right? Or are you just one of those Dragon Ball "fans" that just want flashy fights and edgy plot instead of fast paced tactical fights?

Wow man you don't say ?!?!

Besides what the fuck do you mean by "fan" who wants edgy plot and flashy fights ?
What i want is solid hand to hand combat animation and less flashy "chargin ma attack" genkidamas/spiral beams ... Look at the manga fights between goku and kuma/frost, those had decent fighting material to be animated.

And what the hell is not already edgy about this whole plot? Goku wrecking Frost with 3-4 lil punches/exchanges, like clearly beating him up for good in less than a minute. Only to be INSTANTLY roflstomped by already out-of-breath frost and his poison attack that NOOOO ONE finds even remotely suspicious XD GG, WP, great fighto
And of course only after the second time, genius spacecop was able to "see" through that. He sure seems more intelligent than the rest of them and is also a more skilled eyesight than a puny God of Destruction ~~

You do realize that it looks beyond ridicolous when you charge your flashy attack for several minutes, while jumping around, blocking the enemy singlehandely and even wasting energy/effort on newly invented kage bunshin no jutsu / next level godspeed hundred afterimages technique XD
Only to be pierced by a simple palm blast that took him a split seconds to "charge" ^^

You also realize that all his tactical chargin technically was for naught when he got interrupted/cancelled by that Bodykick ?

Explain this to me, When he is able to dodge and block attack singlehandely why didn't he just fight him? If he had the ability to "trap" him with his arm why didn't he just smashed him out of bounds into the ground or just did something entirely different with that strenght?
Why didn't he just try to attack him when he was basically on par with him the entire time ... like ever? Where is the tactic in not doing anything but chargin an attack that can easily be avoided , even if it wasn't for the poison ?

I mean why do you think Goku sacrificed himself in the Radditz Arc ??? Cause even the very first dbz villain could dodge that shit XD
GidarMar 5, 2016 11:57 PM
Mar 6, 2016 12:45 AM

Sep 2015
I knew that Frost wasn't a good person. It's impossible to be a good person if you are of the Freezer's race. I hope to Vegeta can win the battle, but I haven't much hope.
Mar 6, 2016 1:15 AM

Aug 2014
Most interesing episode 10/10. Animation was shitty for sure, but the story getting more interesing by every next ep. This is very interesing where its going.
Mar 6, 2016 3:49 AM

Jan 2013
yes, as I fucking called it, that whole "Peace keeper of the universe" is just talk to cover some really embarrassing acts. Frost is as evil as Frieza, and if not smarter than him. Love this plot twist, and all credit goes to Jaco.

Piccolo got a little careless and got shot in the leg. Oh well if it hadn't been for that needle-like weapon Frost would have had it. Now it's Vegeta's turn to kick Frost's ass. I dislike him even more now.

the animation was decent and I didn't see any off-model shots. 3/5
Mar 6, 2016 4:16 AM

Jan 2016
Is this show off for next week?
Mar 6, 2016 6:05 AM

Oct 2013
you talk as if Chichi were bad wife, it was Goku!! he didnt relieve her stress usind his saiyan D!! she is good wife, cook food, caring, and worry about money cuz Goku is a HUGE cost, more than Aqua
Mar 6, 2016 6:18 AM

Aug 2015
Guys , did the visuals get any better ? I'm currently on hold
Mar 6, 2016 6:22 AM

Aug 2010
Can't wait for the Vegeta focus. I'm sure he's probably gonna reach the 5th battle at least unless the cooler like guy is actually OP
Mar 6, 2016 8:23 AM
Jul 2018
Z-Dante said:

They're not gonna look acceptable until the BD's come out but what do you expect from Toei at this point? Even DBZ looked like shit when it aired so if it's bothering you just wait man.
Mar 6, 2016 9:40 AM

Mar 2013
Takuto_Shindou said:

Everything about those eps are cringeworthy, man, what the hell are those fights ?
Mar 6, 2016 10:14 AM
Mar 2016
Z-Dante said:

Does this answer your question? This was my face throughout the whole episode

edit: look at Vegetas right arm lol
Mar 6, 2016 10:17 AM

Aug 2015
sanosuke1861 said:
Z-Dante said:

Wow. DB Super is totally........SuperB.
I doubt even the BDs can totally improve it ! But I'll just go with the BDs anyway.
Mar 6, 2016 11:21 AM

Jan 2013
sanosuke1861 said:
Z-Dante said:

edit: look at Vegetas right arm lol
Geez come on, this week's episode had decent animation. That scene was probably the only off model shot
Mar 6, 2016 12:22 PM

Dec 2010
Takuto_Shindou said:

While Super isn't that good, it's still miles better than GT. In fact, I'm laughing too hard at your reply, if it isn't a troll, you're pretty much blinded by rose-tinted glasses. GT as a lot more cringeworthy than this.
Mar 6, 2016 12:58 PM
Apr 2014
Garbage animation as usual, not surprising.
Knew it that Frost was cheating, the sting is obviously not part of his body since Frieza didn't have one.
Vegeta should easily one shot the rest of U6 team with the exception of Hit.
Piccolo still can't take on final form Frieza, he has to stall with his Makanko sanpo, at least that move is devastating.
Mar 6, 2016 3:46 PM

Jul 2008
So Frost is just evil... how dissapointing. Piccolo got shafted again even though he did great, again dissapointing. It's bad when Chi-Chi running to Goku's side is the best part of the episode.
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Mar 6, 2016 4:14 PM

Jan 2015
Normal episode, but I wish Piccolo had won... I wanted to see him fighting more :/
And yeah, shiny Freeza cheated and was evil all along, I kinda already suspected that
Mar 6, 2016 4:39 PM

Dec 2014
I just want to see the purple guy fight and the pink guy at this point.
Mar 6, 2016 4:57 PM

Dec 2012
Wow! I never thought Frost would be such a scumbag. I love Piccolo's fighting style!
Mar 6, 2016 5:39 PM

Nov 2008
I agree with Forneverworld, once a Frieza, alway a Frieza.
Mar 6, 2016 6:13 PM
Feb 2014
If frost was discovered for cheating then why wasn't goku given back his spot? Why hasn't anyone said anything about it? And I'm hyped for vegeta as fight
Mar 6, 2016 6:23 PM

Jun 2013

Would of been better if Vegeta replaced Piccolo for the fight so we can see more of both of them but I'm looking forward in Vegeta finally beating Frieza.
Mar 6, 2016 6:27 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
It doesn't matter what universe Freeza is in or what name he goes by, he will always be a bad guy. Starting wars and finishing them. I still prefer Freeza over Frost since Freeza was actually a likable villian.

Picollo would have that fight had Frost not injected that poison. But props to Picollo, he did pretty good in that fight. We got to see the Multi Form technique again as well.

Jaco like a boss. That pose after he won the objection.

So next is Vegeta vs Frost. I wonder just how smart that decision is. 2 vs 4 doesn't sound too good.

Mar 6, 2016 6:31 PM
Jul 2018
Frost cheated after all. He is such a bad person!

Good to see Chi Chi cares about Goku!
Mar 6, 2016 7:05 PM

Apr 2014
Lol shouldn't Goku get another chance?

The story is actually decent now so it's worth watching regardless of animation quality. Before this the story and fights were pretty trash.
dissipatedMar 8, 2016 8:21 PM
Mar 6, 2016 7:22 PM

Aug 2012
Well Vegeta is gonna wreck Frost.
Mar 6, 2016 7:47 PM

Jan 2012
So Frost really was just an evil douche after all. Well I'm sure Vegeta will make quick work of him. Also, Chi-Chi checking on Goku was too adorably sweet. :D
Mar 6, 2016 7:49 PM
Jul 2018
sadpwner said:
Lol shouldn't Goku get another chance?

The story is actually decent now. Before this the story and fights were pretty trash so it's worth watching regardless of animation quality.

Goku probably won't get another chance. This is a shounen and thus you can assume the tournament is gonna get interrupted by something and then he'll get his time to fight then.
Mar 6, 2016 8:49 PM

Aug 2013
Typical Vegeta always looking down on Piccolo and wanting to stroke his ego. Vegeta just wants to fight Frost so that he can release his pent up hatred for Frieza again and get a sense of actually being the one to defeat him even though Frieza is dead already and Frost isn't Frieza . Although Piccolo forfeited he should still get a chance to fight another opponent before the tournament ends. Jaco really saved the day didn't realize how observant he is. This episode really showed how the gods of destruction and their attendants are completely neutral. They could side with heroes or villains at any time hence why Beerus could have Frieza working for him in the past and now have Goku fighting for him. Piccolo's did well and would have definitely won if he wasn't poisoned.

Drake1000 said:

Piccolo still can't take on final form Frieza, he has to stall with his Makanko sanpo, at least that move is devastating.
I'm pretty sure he would be able to easily beat Frieza saga final form Frieza (not Revival of F final form Frieza). Frost is above Frieza saga Frieza considering he doesn't need a 100% max power form to take on SSJ1 Goku. He wasn't stalling charging the Makankosappo , that was to allow him to catch Frost off guard. I doubt it even takes that long again to charge considering he was able to have it ready to fire in no time at all the second time around.

Gidar said:

is also a more skilled eyesight than a puny God of Destruction ~~

You do realize that it looks beyond ridicolous when you charge your flashy attack for several minutes, while jumping around, blocking the enemy singlehandely and even wasting energy/effort on newly invented kage bunshin no jutsu / next level godspeed hundred afterimages technique XD
Only to be pierced by a simple palm blast that took him a split seconds to "charge" ^^

You also realize that all his tactical chargin technically was for naught when he got interrupted/cancelled by that Bodykick ?

Explain this to me, When he is able to dodge and block attack singlehandely why didn't he just fight him? If he had the ability to "trap" him with his arm why didn't he just smashed him out of bounds into the ground or just did something entirely different with that strenght?
Why didn't he just try to attack him when he was basically on par with him the entire time ... like ever? Where is the tactic in not doing anything but chargin an attack that can easily be avoided , even if it wasn't for the poison ?

.Eyesight has nothing to do with being a god of destruction.
. Charging that Makankosappo was a ruse to lower Frost's guard. He never needed to do that and he wasted no energy with the after image technique. By the way the after image technique existed since Dragon Ball http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/After_Image_Technique and multiform http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Multiform which produces clones existed before shadow clone jutsu or even Naruto as a manga. That blast wasn't meant to be fired, charging the Makankosappo from the beginning was a ruse to get Frost to lower his guard so that Piccolo could capture him with his hand. Blasting him with the Makankosappo would have been more effective than just smashing him lol and even if he had tried to do that Frost would have still pricked him with the needle. He didn't attack full out because he wanted to get him off guard and capture him so that he couldn't just avoid the Makankosappo.
DrGeroCreationMar 6, 2016 9:13 PM
Mar 6, 2016 10:08 PM

Feb 2016
Frieza are frieza after all
Mar 6, 2016 11:59 PM

Feb 2013
so piccolo had the chance to come back after discovering cheating while goku didn't.... what kind of bs is that. inb4 all of his universe loses and at the last second they bring out the fact that goku was cheated and he becomes final fighter. Just saying.
Mar 7, 2016 12:01 AM

Jan 2016
Gidar said:
That moment when a technique inspired from Dragon Ball is used to say Dragon Ball is copying/using similar techniques. XD
Mar 7, 2016 12:18 AM
Mar 2016
I think episode 35 vegeta will turn to supersaiyan 3 somehow hehe
Mar 7, 2016 2:49 AM

Feb 2013
I wasn't expecting for Frost to be another Frieza at this point,lol.
After seeing how Goku lost in the last episode I thought he did it on purpose.
Mar 7, 2016 4:18 AM

Mar 2013
This show's gotten so much better the last couple eps.
also lol @ Vegeta basically being like "no, fuck Piccolo, it's MY turn".

They still shoulda brought Android 18 though; she'da handed Frost's ass to him... If only the writing of this show weren't sexist af lmao.
Mar 7, 2016 4:58 AM

Jan 2015
Nice episode! It was good to see Piccolo be a badass again, even if it was only for a short time.

Didn't expect Frost to turn out to be evil. I thought he'd be cheating because he desperately wants Champa's assistance, but boy.

Champa is hilarious. "Give him Yellow card" :D

Return of tsundere Vegeta was nice! XD

I didn't expect Vegeta to tell Piccolo to forfeit. I kind of felt bad for him. But again, he himself suggested forfeiting at the beginning, so maybe..it's okay?

But hyped for Vegeta vs Frost!

In the the next episode, we'll finally get to see a bit of Hit! Looks like Frost is running towards someone to poison them (probably Vegeta or maybe Hit):
Mar 7, 2016 4:59 AM
Nov 2009
Piccolo is always getting shitted on, but dat plot twist tho. Went from a "friendly" match to a personal vendetta. Atleast for Vegeta lol he can finally beat Frieza 2.0 (Frost) in a one on one.

Wondering if that android purple dude is also evil.
Mar 7, 2016 5:09 AM
Mar 2008
Ersatz-God said:
Takuto_Shindou said:

While Super isn't that good, it's still miles better than GT. In fact, I'm laughing too hard at your reply, if it isn't a troll, you're pretty much blinded by rose-tinted glasses. GT as a lot more cringeworthy than this.

GT at least had decent to good animation from the begining until the end. On that regard alone, explain to me how GT is worse than Super?
GT at least had a story that was ok. Now explain to me how the story of Super is "ok" at least?
At least GT payed respect to the damn franchise for the "slightly under average" Anime that it was. Now explain to me how that crap called DB Super is paying any respect to the franchise?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2016

100 by JVskunkape »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

83 by JVskunkape »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 35 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

71 by JVskunkape »»
3 hours ago

» DBS English dub on BBC Iplayer (U.K.)

JVskunkape - Oct 2

14 by JVskunkape »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hyack - Feb 27, 2016

126 by JVskunkape »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.