Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 23, 2015 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finale felt rushed...

So we get the girls battling a monster It's almost laughable at how it looks:

It was a predictable fight imo with Yuri dealing with the finishing move. Overall 3/10. Hardly anything worth the praise. That cake though.
Sep 23, 2015 9:25 AM

Dec 2013
This was definetly my guilty pleasure of the season. I wished we could see Kanata in his full power but whatever... On another note it bugs me the idea that if the studio was another, could have been the fights better? Who knows, for now i'll probably check the lns for the lulz

Dat cake indeed lol
Sep 23, 2015 10:16 AM

Mar 2014
Soo... It ended?
Sep 23, 2015 10:39 AM

Jan 2012
Huh...so creepy glasses beetle man wasn't actually killed? And even got flowers from Yuri...for almost...yeah.

Well this was a fairly cliche, generic show from the start, but it didn't really bother me much initially. As it went on it seemed to get a bit tedious to sit through however. Well whatever, I'll still be nice and give it a 7/10....yeah.
Sep 23, 2015 10:40 AM
Jul 2012
Overall it was a nice concept and the characters were pretty nice. I especially love that if one of them dies they will be forgotten by all the normal people sadly the story got no where.
Sep 23, 2015 10:48 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Creepy megane he may have been, but he sure got a great smile.~

Perhaps, Yuri should've reconsidered his passionate feelings for her. Such a waste..

Leaving the terrible battle aside, Kanata possessing the power of the Devil Beetles wasn't much of a surprise. The LN probably goes deep into the history of it, but knowing how original sources get butchered these days, that hardly held any significance.

Kanata acting dense again wasn't that funny. Just because her name is Yuri, she's not necessarily into Yuri, you know. Must he mention everyone's name except his own? But I guess it was probably the nicest way he could indirectly refuse her feelings, though I doubt that's actually the case.

Sep 23, 2015 10:49 AM
Jul 2015
I will elaborate on this fight scene based from LN info to help understanding more. In the LN, there is a descriptive sentence, describing that Real erected that wind barrier to prevent powerful magic cannon blasts from Chloe, and Chloe actually thought that if she uses her highest output cannon magic that consumes high MP per shot, she could easily penetrate and disperse the barrier, but she decided not to use it since the resulting big explosion could injure or kill Kanata, Misora, and the others around Real. So, she had no choice but to leave it all up to Kanata and the rest inside Real´s wind barrier.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Sep 23, 2015 10:57 AM

May 2014
The only good thing was Cake scene. Period.
Conclusion, bad anime
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2015 10:59 AM

Aug 2008
Well, this was one half assed ending to a half assed series. Why bother saying more if creators couldn't be bothered to put any effort into it...

Diomedea needs to put its shit together. They managed to make one good series, a few watchable ones and the rest is just pure garbage. Even if this one was kind of amusing in how bad it was, it's still an anime garbage.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Sep 23, 2015 11:03 AM
Jul 2015
For those that might wonder, yes, Yuri to be the one dealing the final blow on the crazy yandere stalker Real, is indeed canon and based on the LN. The author clearly wanted Yuri to get the spotlight in vol 2, as well as to introduce Yuri´s spear weapon, which has the strongest penetration capabily among all Mistogan sky wizards designed to easily pierce through Chimera-class armor.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Sep 23, 2015 11:04 AM

Jul 2015
It was ok
Sep 23, 2015 11:08 AM

Mar 2013
Well that was lame.

Extreme waste of time and really wasn't worth watching don't know why I didn't drop.

Anyway 4/10.

Sep 23, 2015 11:14 AM

Dec 2014
A spear definitely suits Yuri. So she does join Kanata's team in the end, lol. Well, he does have to keep an eye on his harem. Anyway, I was hoping we'd see more of Kanata's full power, but whatever. Overall just another battle harem.

Gonna miss the catchy ED song though.
Sep 23, 2015 11:26 AM

Aug 2014
One of my least favourite anime of the season. Propably the most average one I have seen in a while. Nothing special at all.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Sep 23, 2015 11:27 AM

Jan 2015
Ugh....It felt like a decent anime when I never really thought about the world or the situations.

Cake scene was nice but overall I'd say the series was a, generous, 5/10.

Only stuck around because I liked a few of the VA's.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Sep 23, 2015 11:30 AM

Feb 2015
Wow that seem really rushed
And the whole thing between Yuri and Kanata was cute at first but damn that became so annoying by the end. Atleast she ended up saying the words she has been wanting too say through it was through cake at that but still...
This anime had a few good moment's that saved it from dropping below a 5 for me, I mean it's not the worst anime I've watched but damn, it was super slow and then we get a super rushed ending.

It was okay so I will either go with 5 or a 6.

R.I.P Poor Ice cream man
Sep 23, 2015 11:34 AM
Sep 2015
8/10 Has every bit of genre inside of the anime, and the cliff hanger on every episode makes this almost perfect for people who understands bit of comical relief.
Sep 23, 2015 11:37 AM

Jul 2014
What a lame final episode. Although, this could have at least been acceptable if there was an actual budget used for the fight scenes, but it wasn't to be.

6/10
Sep 23, 2015 11:41 AM

May 2014
9/10 might give it 10/10 to shut up the people who keep saying it sucks just to balance it out. It was good but not great. Very rushed and it left to many questions I doubt we'll get season 2 wouldn't watch either way but it was still good time to pass the time. Wednesday anime line up sucked so that's why I gave it a high score since it was something to look forward too
Sep 23, 2015 12:05 PM

Mar 2015
This show can compete with chaos dragon
for worst show of the season, 4/10 generously.
Sep 23, 2015 12:14 PM
Feb 2015
It was an alright anime. It had its ups and down but I hate how they barely explained to us how the mc was a traitor..

Yuri should stick to using the spear! And her cake was cute but kanata was pretty dense there...
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Sep 23, 2015 12:16 PM
Jul 2015
Kanata healed fast from his wounds from his bug fast regeneration ability even though it is not as instant regeneration like Real, since Real took in more of that power. Thanks to Yuri´s spear, that can spread damage at the molecular level after penetration of target, Real was damaged from the insides, and that completely nullified his regeneration ability. Of course, Kanata could finish him off with his Strike Blaster, but he was wounded to protect Yuri. Besides, Kanata´s full power Strike Blaster is much more powerful than Misora´s full power SB, so the explosion at that cramped space could engulf Kanata and the rest too, aside from blowing both Real away to smithereens and causing destruction to not only the stadium, but the surrounding area. The same reason as to why Chloe did not use her highest output of magic blast to disperse the wind barrier, since that would engulf Kanata and the rest with a big explosion and not only kill them, but also destroying the entire stadium. So it must be Yuri, that has a spear that greatly damaged Real from the inside, to do the job.
Sep 23, 2015 12:37 PM
Jul 2018
3/10
Sep 23, 2015 12:48 PM

Apr 2013
That evil loser's final form was laughable. He looked like an evil, blue ninja turtle to me. That aside, the rest of the episode was a huge let-down, and i only had mild expectations going into it. I guess it was because of the productions values, they were terrible, i mean worse than usual.
Sep 23, 2015 1:14 PM

Apr 2011
i quite like the LN but this anime simply butchered it :( it's watchable but completely average and feels unbelievably rushed from start to finish. the evil guys form was really retarded as well, what the hell was he trying to be lol. and the section leader bitch really did piss me off all the way

still average anime, rushed from start to finish.
Sep 23, 2015 1:19 PM

Feb 2015
5/10 Most generic and average show I've seen in awhile. Also Kanata at the end was the most brain-dead mc I've seen. Like she actually said "I Love You" on a cake, and he didn't get it... meh
Sep 23, 2015 1:26 PM

Jun 2014
This was so bad at times and the MC feigning innocence over the cake is just plain stupid. 4/10.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Sep 23, 2015 1:39 PM

Apr 2010
Dexicon said:
5/10 Most generic and average show I've seen in awhile.
Then the autumn season should be your thing since it's full of these type of anime.

In any case the anime was ok i guess.
It's the harem ending as usual but still the girl that would make the best couple with the Kanata didn't get much screen time.
They did seem the have a friendly relation tho.
And i mean Chloe by that.

It also seems that Rico's sister just has to much pride to acknowledge what's going on.
She is also very short sited for someone who is supposed to be a leader.
Sep 23, 2015 1:58 PM

Nov 2012
Pretty average, but still a little entertaining.....
Sep 23, 2015 2:03 PM

Apr 2014
I am glad the glasses guy didn't got killed. It would have felt wrong since it was not his fault all along.
Sep 23, 2015 2:06 PM
Jul 2015
animefan8800 said:
Huh...so creepy glasses beetle man wasn't actually killed? And even got flowers from Yuri...for almost...yeah.

Well this was a fairly cliche, generic show from the start, but it didn't really bother me much initially. As it went on it seemed to get a bit tedious to sit through however. Well whatever, I'll still be nice and give it a 7/10....yeah.
He wasn´t killed, he only had his Devil Beetle powers depleted completely from Yuri´s spear,but he will most likely be sent to a special prison facility or a mental institution after discharging from the infirmary. They can´t have him injecting more Chimera dope nor allowing him to stalk Yuri any more until he has been rehabilitated,right ? Anyway, I like this genre of Instructor-MC harem series. An other series in the same specific genre as this is the LN series Mahou Kenshi no Extra. In that, the MC is also an instructor to 3 girls, teaching them how to get stronger and win matches and beat monsters, and he is also way overpowered. In volume 1, he completely beats the 3 female students under his instruction in a mock match without trying, kinda similar to Kanata challenging Misora no team in episode 2. Its more ecchi, but imo the 3 heroines in Mahou Kenshi are not as interesting as the heroines in Kuusen. Kuusen newest LN volume 8 will be released for sale in October, and I will buy it. The author says Kanata will have his major spotlight in vol 8. Now I wish the anime has season 2. This time if they make a season 2, rest assured that the stalker will never appear again, since he is probably being imprisoned in a facility somewhere for his crimes and mental problems. When someone is willing to kill and destroy in the name of love or obsession, then that is someone with a few screws loose. Of course, it was the Chimera´s voice that influenced him, but his Yuri-obssesion was what drove him to use the Chimera powers to become stronger so to make Yuri like her. However, in the process, the power he obtained made him lose his moral reasoning and turned him into just a pitiful beast driven by lust and obsession. I hope he is imprisoned for a long time and then forbidden from being a scientist forever after he is out, as well as obeying a court order to stay 30 meters or farther away from Yuri until the day he dies, as well as having his daily outdoor movements monitored to prevent him going crazy on anyone again.
Sep 23, 2015 2:19 PM
Jul 2018
The glasses guy did not get kill.

That cake was nice!
Sep 23, 2015 2:22 PM
Feb 2015
Budget flew out the window for this episode animation was pretty stead for a good 11 episodes then this one was just....... wth ....

overall couldve been pretty okay like seiken tsukai no world break but...

man that animation had me bummed. liked the mc and lecty+yuri was bae.

ill give it a 7/10 for cute girls and cool fight scenes in the most part besides final episodes.
Sep 23, 2015 2:30 PM
Jul 2015
Guys, comparing this final battle in Kuusen Madoushi and the ones in Seirei Tsukai and Juuou Mujin vs Velsaria and Basilisk, which one is the most entertaining and highly rewatchable, in your opinion? All 3 final fights were similar in that they were group efforts, and the MC did not solo by himself. Nakama power, lol. The only thing different is that in Seirei Tsukai, it was the MC Kamito that delivered the final blow on Velsaria, while in Kuusen, it is not the MC Kanata that finishes Real.
Sep 23, 2015 2:30 PM

Feb 2015
Can't wait for second season...

kek
Sep 23, 2015 2:43 PM

Feb 2014
I don't know if Kanata is really dense or just the master troll.
7/10. I love watching these shows.
Sep 23, 2015 2:53 PM

Aug 2014
Well, Shit...
Average Show at best. There was a scene where the MC would break records, but it crashed and failed. However, the power of friendship saves the day (Cue My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)

Also, 2 tsunderes in a classroom is hell for everyone lol

All right, peace out guys!! :D
Rating:7/10!!
Sep 23, 2015 2:57 PM
Jul 2015
One thing I would like to talk about is about measuring how good an anime adaptation of an LN series could be. It is measured, in my opinion, of how many readers could finish reading the first volume without stalling for a long time or quitting. For example, when I read vol 1 of Kuusen for the first time, I finished reading it in a few days, since the heroines were likeable, especially Lecty, Rico, Chloe and Yuri, and I also liked the sense of speed and intenstity in the action
scenes, as well as Chloe and Kanata´s OP magic blasts and sword techniques. However, when i read Juuou Mujin no Fafnir LN vol 1 for the first time, i only read halfway before giving up, since the story is too boring, the heroines lack charisma and character, and the MC is too serious, robotic, and lacks humor, compared to Kanata. The interactions in Fafnir also seemed pretty forced, unnatural and robotic, compared to Kuusen, which has far more funny and interesting dialogue in slice of life scenes. So, since Fafnir vol 1 was so boring and bland for my taste, I dropped it. Now, i have watched both series´ anime adaptations, and my reviews of both mirrored my LN reviews. Juuou is more boring, bland and uninteresting compared to Kuusen. In fact, almost all harem animes are better than Fafnir. That includes Seirei Tsukai, if you just ignore the super-annoying Claire Rouge. She is my most hated anime character so far, but at least the series as a whole was far more interesting and entertaining than Crapnir. Absolute Duo was good, and the characters are much better than Fafnir, but the plot was too cliche and ordinary compared to Seirei Tsukai and Kuusen. Both Kuusen and Seirei Tsukai would have suffered the same fate of a cliche plot driven by harem icha icha, which could get repetitive after a long time, but surprise elements like Jio Inzagi, Velsaria, cool OP MC like Kamito and Kanata, and crazy stalker keeps pulling us back for more.
CoolitzHubertXVISep 23, 2015 3:09 PM
Sep 23, 2015 3:02 PM

Aug 2015
It was ok I guess. 5/10
Sep 23, 2015 3:05 PM

Jul 2015
Kanata definitely made the show for me. 7/10
Sep 23, 2015 3:12 PM

May 2015
You kidding me? Creep didn't die? Well, fuck. Decent final episode. This show was pretty average, but it had its enjoyable moments. Nothing really special, and nothing really stood out. But Kanata was an alright character, and I liked Yuri. 6/10.

Sep 23, 2015 3:15 PM
Jul 2015
In this anime episode, they toned down the gore. In LN, Chloe actually just fired one beam of crimson blast that carved a small hole in the ground, and Real lost his whole arm in the process of dodging it after noticing it at the last second. In the anime, they showed him only with a missing hand.
Sep 23, 2015 3:33 PM

Jul 2012
10/10 Masterpiece, Season 2 Now!!!
Sep 23, 2015 4:00 PM

Jun 2014
The only thing that kept me from dropping is that i wanted to know how overpowerd kanata is but Im beyond dissapointed. It was an alright wednesday thing but ahwell. Fight scenes were quite 1 dimensional. They could've done better... 5/10 for me
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2015 4:05 PM
Jul 2015
Heh there is a new review here complaining about stalker-guy ゛side-story゛. He said that they should not have introduced this plot, but that is canon and based on the LN. They already deviated from the LN by introducing the anime-only tournament. In LN, the stalker fight is the main battle of vol 2, just like Jio was the main villain in seirei tsukai vol 2. In vol 2 of LN, the stalker may have been a disgusting villain, but his purpose in the plot is to improve Kanata´s relations with former student Yuri and introduce Yuri´s spear weapon. In other words, stalker-kun is just a sacrificial lamb to flesh out Yuri´s character. We will not see him anymore. Next month, latest Kuusen LN vol 8 comes out, and no more stalker in sight ever since vol 2 ends.
CoolitzHubertXVISep 23, 2015 4:09 PM
Sep 23, 2015 4:08 PM
Dec 2014
Woah yeah that was the only thing keeping me on yhis show, I WANTED KANATA to like murder the hell out of something and not watch the girls do it, honestly dissappointed, guess overlord will make up for it since atleast he is a bad ass,
Sep 23, 2015 4:12 PM

May 2010
This is fine, 6/10. The ending really felt like a conclusion to me, season 2 probably won't ever happen.

If there was a season 2, they have to explore Rico's character more.

I was hoping that Kanata would leave the city and Yuri becomes the new instructor.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Sep 23, 2015 4:17 PM

Dec 2010
Giving it a 6/10 for overall enjoyment and disappointing climax/ending.
Sep 23, 2015 5:07 PM

Aug 2012
raz3x said:
10/10 Masterpiece, Season 2 Now!!!

Annoying Yuri fag antagonist was underwhelming. Any sort of pedophile or love retarded antagonist is annoying. Making him look like a bug, although they are the main threat was ridiculous and hard to take serious. The cake scene was the only part that got a positive reaction out of me.

Overall I'd give this anime(barely) a 5/10. Kanata was the only positive thing I found in this anime.
Sep 23, 2015 5:47 PM

Nov 2014
whats with kanata's blood is it blue or is it red? make your choice

whole show is meh, but i enjoyed more than world break...

6/10
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2015

66 by sharosharo »»
Mar 22, 2022 2:21 AM

Poll: » Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2015

60 by sharosharo »»
Mar 22, 2022 1:56 AM

Poll: » Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2015

57 by sharosharo »»
Mar 21, 2022 9:05 AM

Poll: » Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

68 by sharosharo »»
Mar 21, 2022 8:31 AM

Poll: » Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2015

56 by sharosharo »»
Mar 21, 2022 7:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.