3It was OK
10.5%
2Disliked it
1.8%
1Hated it
1.8%
Average 4.4
57 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2013 6:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOL, it's a mini Index.

I couldn't take Arisa seriously at all in this episode even though she was like nude..
Well at least Kaori was in this, lol @ her imitation though.

I wish also hoping Accelerator was going to make an appearance in this ;.;
Aug 28, 2013 6:43 AM

Nov 2007
Inside seiyuu topics... as usual.

Index-tan and Railgun specials are so funny.

Yeah, it was sad that Acce didn't appear. But then he only appeared a bit in the movie, too.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 28, 2013 7:26 AM

Feb 2009
An Index-tan of the movie huh.

Lol at Kamijou selecting Shoutara just because she's taller. Gender equality. Everyone gets a taste of the TouMAN's fist.

Are you sure you're not the one that eats too much Laura?
And yes, blame Railgun for you not appearing for a long time now.

Needs a gif of naked Arisa going crazy while writing.

Index III never.
I blame Miki. It's always Miki's fault.
Aug 29, 2013 6:49 AM

Jul 2008
Haha laughed my ass off once again. We'll see later what'll come next after Railgun S has aired I guess :)

Aug 29, 2013 11:32 PM
Mar 2012
Beautiful Arisa fanservice~
Aug 30, 2013 12:05 AM

Sep 2012
The funny thing is even the booklet in the BD is using the exact replicates of Iguchi's poses in her photo album and replace them with Index LOL
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 31, 2013 3:30 PM

May 2012
There isn't aa "no Index" without our lovely chibi Index :3 This was just so epicly funny :p

I just love these specials :D
Sep 2, 2013 10:50 AM

Aug 2010
Hilarious XD

Lol'd at the part Arisa was writing naked and called Index Sanshita XD

Touma getting turned on when he entered the room then getting turned off after seeing she didn't care XD

Laura's part was hilarious XDXDXD. She was so hilarious and cute..."Is that really a question to ask" while making that face XD

Then the funniest part with Touma was so lol...Who do I punch Shutaura or Loli...but they're both girls?...I don't care XD
And then he chose Shutaura because of her Height XD

And then at the end when Index and Touma were talking about S3 Kamachi should make it from his own money then Touma saying I don't feel like telling Miki XDXDXD

S3 WHEN!!! >_<
Sep 5, 2013 6:25 PM

Apr 2008
Kanzaki falling into the atmosphere while being burnt to a crisp made me lol.
Sep 17, 2013 4:03 PM
Feb 2011
Has this been subbed yet?
Sep 25, 2013 4:41 PM

Jan 2011
I'm having hard time trying to find this special. I only see the full movie itself along with a couple fake ones labeled "special" but they are really only 24 min cuts of the beginning of the movie.
Sep 29, 2013 4:26 PM
Jan 2013
FlameHaze19 said:
I'm having hard time trying to find this special. I only see the full movie itself along with a couple fake ones labeled "special" but they are really only 24 min cuts of the beginning of the movie.

Its on youtube, And its pretty easy to find if you just search what MAL lists as the name of the special.

No subs though
Oct 12, 2013 4:27 PM

May 2013
It's been a while since the movie special aired and I'm still having trouble finding subs for it.

Anyone else have any luck?
Nov 6, 2013 1:41 AM

Aug 2009
All these inside and fandom jokes.

Didnt the old Index-tan specials and the Railgun specials also talk about their sequels as if they would never happen?

IchiroEX said:
Kanzaki falling into the atmosphere while being burnt to a crisp made me lol.

I guess nobody told the staff that she did that in the novels long before the movie came out.Probably a joke towards those that scream "plothole" everywhere.
Nov 6, 2013 2:40 AM
Feb 2012
If anything, this special convinced me that there *will* be a third Index season. Betting my money on a late 2014 release.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Nov 6, 2013 5:41 AM

Jan 2013
Awww, shit so good :D
Nov 7, 2013 3:58 PM

Jul 2009
Now I feel like they made a crap movie just so they could make all these plothole jokes.
Nov 9, 2013 6:21 AM

Jul 2012
Electromaster said:
Now I feel like they made a crap movie just so they could make all these plothole jokes.
that actually makes more sense. lol anyway, S3!!!! :3
Nov 9, 2013 10:32 PM

Sep 2012
now i know why Touman choose Shutaura than ladylee LOL
xD
Nov 10, 2013 12:48 AM

Jun 2013
Man, this was very enjoyable.

Anyone catch the Joshiraku references?

There was the poster on the wall when Arisa was walking and Ladylee said Marii's favorite line hahaha XD

I didnt know they had the same seiyu until she said that line 8D
Nov 11, 2013 12:14 PM

Aug 2011
"I'm the freaking heroine, and you know it! My name's on the title!!!!!!"

Laura "answering" all those questions was HILARIOUS.

Also BURN OUT KANZAKI!! xDD
Nov 13, 2013 3:49 AM

Oct 2012
All of those Index photoshoot... Sexy Index!!
Then where's Iguchi Yuka-san's photos that imitating Index?
I don't know but there's too many staff jokes.. and I can't catch on that

Lol the biggest holes in the movie's plot is because they build the Endymion
Lol TouMAN's reaction when he saw Arisa is naked

Tsuman'nē koto Kiku na yo!?
Sakura Ayane's mode : Marii's tsukkomi ... Seiyuu jokes xD

Pssh. Vwee.. Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-baboom!
"What will happen to me?
1.Burn out 2.Burn out 3.Burn out"
Oh Itou Shizuka-san xD

Laura-desu *sudden art style changes

TouMAN believe in gender equality!!!!!!!!!

Bye-onara!!

lucidbrandon said:

Anyone catch the Joshiraku references?

There was the poster on the wall when Arisa was walking and Ladylee said Marii's favorite line hahaha XD

I didnt know they had the same seiyu until she said that line 8D

Well, Tsuman'nē koto Kiku na yo!? xD
Sakura Ayane = Marii = Ladylee= Gasp-... oops sorry

BlueShadow40 said:
now i know why Touman choose Shutaura than ladylee LOL
xD

Well, at least he believe in gender equality xD
Rayl1ghtNov 13, 2013 3:59 AM
"Signature removed"
Nov 13, 2013 11:40 AM

Jul 2012
I cant find a site that has this episode can some one tell me were to find it and not from a torrent
It's okay if you hate me
'I hate me too
Nov 13, 2013 11:50 AM

Jul 2012
I just found it on youtube if anyone else wants a link right to it u can message me
It's okay if you hate me
'I hate me too
Nov 15, 2013 4:51 PM

Jan 2010
This was actually better than the movie, specially Laura's part. Index seriously needs more Laura...

Nov 19, 2013 8:17 AM

Feb 2008
Funniest things to me was when they were discussing the plot holes from the movie.
Jan 4, 2014 8:27 PM

Jul 2010
now i'm glad they made this. made the whole movie experience overall much better.
why did this happen, why did that happen? becuz go to hell thats why!

Jan 4, 2014 8:29 PM

Sep 2011
I fucking LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVED this! Index insisting that she is the main heroine! ROFLMAO. Either Studio is making fun of Kaimachi or he really knows his faults in the story, maybe he is acknowledging his bad decisions earlier?

God dammit... I love this. Also, Touman and GENDER EQUALITY!!! ROFLMAO.

Last but not least, Touma is actually turned on by something, I will remember this forever... For the next few minutes
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Apr 24, 2014 1:53 PM

Feb 2013
Touma respects gender equality, that explains a lot.
Jul 2, 2014 9:53 AM

Jan 2013
R- said:
Touma respects gender equality, that explains a lot.
Haha indeed! I was wondering why he chose to go that way xD.
Also lol at the censored poster.
Sep 28, 2015 2:56 PM

Jun 2014
Oh god, I fucking lost my shit during Kanzaki's part.

"Like I give a damn. You're the ones you made it. You explain this to me. Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-BOOM!"

And then proceeds to fucking plummet into the stratosphere while burning alive. jesus christ this shit killed me
Dec 25, 2015 8:01 AM

Aug 2013
Gender equality!
Feb 29, 2016 2:06 AM

Mar 2015
Fabulous amount of Index fan service is love <3

Even up to now, there's still no sign of Index III huh?
Maybe the popularity dropped?

3.6/5
Nov 2, 2016 2:16 PM

Jul 2012
Watched the movie when it was out and thought that it was decent(kinda) so mb that's why missed/forgot that they are doing always those specials. It was really good, all the jokes from VA, about VA and writers and editors, and the Index jokes about her role, remember those from 4-koma and the fanservice ideas/scenes came from there too. Kanzaki's part was great too!
What surprised me the most was the quality, i think for the SP it was very good (might not be that noticeable cause before SPs were more like shorts) and it should be pretty costly for the staff.
Dec 21, 2016 12:54 PM

May 2015
World First Problem

Jul 28, 2017 7:49 AM

Mar 2013
The interval shots of Index were pretty cute. Wish she stay a quite girl like those scenes all the time lol

Kanzaki and Touma segment was hilarious XD

Also, I finally heard the song at the end! lol
Nov 4, 2017 8:55 AM

Jul 2013
This was brillaint, probably even better than the movie itself. Is wonderful to see how well a series can abridge itself.
The last segment made me sad for a moment... then happy since, after all those years, we will finally have Index III. I want to cry :')
Jan 17, 2018 2:20 PM

Apr 2013
The movie was horrible, but I have to give them credit for making fun of the movie like that in this special. They really put the finger into the biggest wounds aka the biggest plots holes xD
Nov 22, 2018 6:49 AM

Jul 2016
Now rewatched this special back, Laura's scenes is pretty much hilarious especially when you know about her true identity that she's the great demon lord Coronzon from the latest LN volumes lol.
Apr 16, 2020 10:23 AM
Jul 2019
Lol, I enjoyed this more than the movie. The Endymion being a plot hole never occurred to me. Why did they even build that? Such a waste of resources and effort. Glad that Laura pointed it out, definitely best part of the episode.

I was also wondering what happened to Shutaura at the end. I hate characters that only appear in movies and have no idea what's their situation. They also didn't explain why thousand year old loli can't die.

All hail Touma, a true advocate of gender equality. If you're tall, then you'd wish you're short.

Kanzaki should be dead after that. Fighting in the cold, vacuum of space then re-entering the atmosphere. How is she still in Index III?

This was hilarious, because they pointed out the flaws of this movie, I'll deduct the movie a point and give this a 9/10.
Jan 10, 2022 6:24 AM

Aug 2018
Photoalbum?.. Photoalbum of Index or her VA?.. I wonder..
Eh, isn't the goal of why tower was built - obvious?.. It was attempt of suicidal loli to kill herself, as well as another experiment of Aleister.. I thought it was obvious..
Ah, ok, these pictures with Index in swimsuit are probably "photoalbum".. ;P Well, I personally like these.. ;P
Not only swimsuits, it seems.. Well, glad for this pictures, Index needs more love.. ;P
Not sure, why movie criticizes itself here, if there are obvious answers for these questions.. But ok, I guess..
Joshiraku anime reference on the poster at 09:11.. ;P
Jun 6, 2023 10:47 AM

Nov 2010
Lots of funny random scenes, and I also enjoyed the Index fanservice! I'm not into Lolis, but she's still yummy!
Laura is hot! And she's not even trying to be sexy.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.