Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 2 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
5Loved it!
84.8%
4Liked it!
9.0%
3It was OK
5.5%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
0.7%
Average 4.8
145 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 11, 2013 11:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Getting intense now:

I guess this season isn't wasting much time with the action and OST. Song was beautiful though and the transformation scene. I saw some epic combos as well this episode, nice. Some of the new characters' designs are okay I guess. Action/5 :D

HORIZON + SPEAR.
Jul 11, 2013 12:25 PM
Jun 2013
The 3 girls singing together side by side was an epic scene.
Jul 11, 2013 12:32 PM

Nov 2008
The episode get a S for spectacular, this whole episode was nothing but.

The action was almost nonstop, the swordplay by Maria and Tsubasa was amazing and Kirika and Tsukiyomi can fight pretty well for their young age as symphogears, they have to be 12-13 at most. both will be pretty interesting in the future.

The OP is also spectacular.

Jul 11, 2013 6:01 PM

Sep 2008
Subs? Anywhere? I'm dying of Zenbu thirst here D:
Jul 12, 2013 2:16 AM

Sep 2012
2:8 soba... It would be pretty difficult for non-Japanese watchers to understand. I wonder if the subs provide any explanation....

Can't stop thinking about "Glass no Kamen" when I watch this show...
symbvJul 12, 2013 2:20 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 12, 2013 6:05 AM

Aug 2011
Amazing episode. *-* Tsubasa, Hibiki & Chris zesshou the best moment of the episode.

SPOILER VIDEO!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB3x8_V8FyU
Jul 12, 2013 10:06 AM

Sep 2012
The sakuga and the music is as cool as ep.1 and we even get to see 6 symphogears fighting each other. This show keeps impressing me!
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 12, 2013 1:36 PM
Apr 2013
if anyone knows where to find it subbed it would be really helpful thanks
Jul 12, 2013 7:29 PM

May 2009
Fucking finally subs are out
Jul 12, 2013 8:52 PM
Sep 2012
Wow that was an intense episode. That battle was amazing and lol @ that noddle eating vice-minister.

So happy with season 2 so far. Such a huge improvement over season 1.
Jul 12, 2013 9:42 PM

Sep 2012
From OP to ED, fight scenes, effects and moves, this is really outstanding! Made me wonder if S1 is done it that way so S2 will be shocking O.O

Got a bit worried when they suddenly decide to sing their swan song. Pretty sure you had to die if you do so. But It turns out all fine :D at least Hibiki won't simply turn black again == quite like the two Maria lackeys. They are adorable too :3 Still, I am missing my Kurisu's transformation :/ and who the hell is the evil grin guy at the end of everything?
Jul 12, 2013 10:02 PM

Mar 2012
Is it me or did this episode go by extremely quickly?
So far, Season 2 has far outstripped season 1.

Also...did anyone else see similarities between Hibiki's attack and Subaru Nakajima's Revolver Knuckle/Mach Caliber combo from Nanoha StrikerS? Just a weird similarity I noticed.

And once again, the music is outstanding.
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Jul 13, 2013 12:20 AM

Jan 2011
Dat cape nuff said
Jul 13, 2013 12:20 AM

Nov 2007
My god. I always thought the music is where Symphogear shined... but Season 2 has really outdone itself. Even the action, the animation, character interactions, etc are quite big improvements from the first season. Epic episode.

Loved the OP/ED as well!
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Jul 13, 2013 1:25 AM

May 2010
So many action I love it
Jul 13, 2013 2:06 AM

Jun 2012
2nd season good so far, much better than the 1st one.... The action, the music, the songs, the girls (:v)... And glad hear to mizuki nana again
Jul 13, 2013 2:18 AM

Jul 2011
That was without a doubt amazing. You'll never go wrong with showcasing the strengths of what makes Symphogear, Symphogear and this was in essence a 20 minute commercial that was over way too soon.

Maybe its just slipped my memory but it was also nice to see Tsubasa hold her own without equipping her Symphogear. Also loved the healthy dose of idiocy. The manager was willing to sacrifice her life and potentially the thousands who were held captive before her career as a singer.

CreationBreaker said:
Is it me or did this episode go by extremely quickly?
So far, Season 2 has far outstripped season 1.

Also...did anyone else see similarities between Hibiki's attack and Subaru Nakajima's Revolver Knuckle/Mach Caliber combo from Nanoha StrikerS? Just a weird similarity I noticed.

And once again, the music is outstanding.

I haven't seen Striker S but i'm sure Nanoha has served as a huge influence for this series more so than any other Mahou Shoujo Anime. This season you have the rival group akin to Nanoha A.
Jul 13, 2013 2:31 AM

Sep 2012
She still has her Dark Side o/
Jul 13, 2013 3:16 AM

Jul 2011
Really has been quite a huge leap from season 1 so far. Got a few glimpse on Hibiki's past. Seems like her life was not always sunshine and rainbows like we thought.
Jul 13, 2013 5:07 AM
Jul 2012
Awesome stuff, already exceeding the first season by a mile.
Jul 13, 2013 6:27 AM
Mar 2013
if any of you noticed before Hibiki used the Swan Song to Finish off the Regenerating Noise She Flashed to black with Red eyes(her Darker Self) just before she used that Rainbow Twister move, i'm guessing her Darker self is from her past which i hope we get to see in the future.
Jul 13, 2013 8:43 AM

Sep 2010
so they got ANOTHER mole working with them? whoever is in charge of the background checks on that place definitely needs to be given the boot :/

great ep, hope they hold the quality of everything (story, DEM BATTLES) during the whole anime instead of the 1st 3-4 eps
Jul 13, 2013 8:50 AM

May 2013
Good episode.
Jul 13, 2013 10:39 AM

Apr 2013
Tsubasa in action. YES!
Gin-san is evil here. NOoooo!

Pretty HQ episode I'd say. Hope they maintain it.
Jul 13, 2013 10:46 AM

Sep 2010
Ya know, I'm just not sure how to feel about it so far. It's not bad per say but... I'm just not feeling that excitement the first season gave so far (the first half of the first season anyway ;P) The first season had it's problems but imo it's action and songs were better, much faster paced and more in tune with their songs and the songs themselves felt like they had more... rythem I guess, I dunno.

Also seemed kinda like the dialogue was a bit forced between black hair girl and Hibiki. Felt like Hibiki got her resolve shattered way to easily for the little bit that was said. Though I guess that may be due to her backstory or something, which I am grateful to see lol.

Anyways, I'll continue to watch in hopes it hooks me sometime lols.

plot178 said:
if any of you noticed before Hibiki used the Swan Song to Finish off the Regenerating Noise She Flashed to black with Red eyes(her Darker Self) just before she used that Rainbow Twister move, i'm guessing her Darker self is from her past which i hope we get to see in the future.

Could also just be the level of power she was channeling into herself. Greater the power the more difficult it is to contain and control, especially in her case where her body continues to become more and more fused with Gungnir. Of course that's the whole reason she can channel that much power in the first place lol. An official quote on Hibiki's Gungnir,

" Furthermore, ever since Hibiki has become a Symphogear user, whenever she activates the system itself the fusion spreads even further, like cancer cells, slowly altering her body.

The remarkable resilience and explosive power of Hibiki’s energy, coupled with her accelerated recovery rate, is likely caused by the fused pieces of Gungnir."

Grumbling out of the way, now for some speculation ;P

Going to call it right now... that scientist due... is Fine. Already confirmed that she has many descendents and that all they need is to be exposed to the waveform and return she shall. Makes one wonder what would happen if multiple descendents were exposed at the same time, lots of Fines? Lol.
KhaoticsuccubusJul 13, 2013 10:50 AM
Few maxims have done as much harm as, "Children should be seen and not heard."
Jul 13, 2013 11:40 AM

Jun 2011
OP was spectacular. I noticed OP seems to focus more on Chris than the others, not saying this cause im biased towards Chris. The animations were fluid and the colours were extremely vibrant.

Nana Mizuki remains awesome as always with that awesome battle song that she sang while having that intense fight along with some new moves. Her transformation is fabulous, MILES ahead of what was done in the first season. MILES!

Still missing MY Chris's transformation which is sad T_T.

Nice combination swan song finisher, didnt knew that they could do that. Also, Hibiki is getting lots of different types of knuckles for the finisher.

Kirika's symphogear looks awesome with the multiple-bladed scythe. Im not so sure about Shirabe's though. I love the pink on it but the whole using the twin-tains part of the gear to shoot saws out isnt my thing. So Maria can even materialize a armed gear.

Could the show made the bad guy anymore obvious?

The whole episode just went by so fast, its like only 10mins.

The ED was great, always been a fan of Ayahi. The ED like the OP was vibrant which i love compared to S1's ED which was kinda dark. The vibrant colours along with the wonderful song really made me enjoy it more. And it looks like the first volume of the characters song consisting of Maria and Tsubasa's duet is out, hurray!
Jul 13, 2013 1:42 PM

Dec 2011
The OP *A* Nana Mizuki is so good! And the video was nice too :D
The ED was really nice as well, they were both so colourful! The art in this season is definitely better than the last.

Tsubasa is so badass, since when could she use fire?
And wow the swan song, I didn't know they could do that! New moves are so great :D

Everything in this episode was entertaining and awesome. 5/5
SatsuyoJul 13, 2013 1:55 PM
Jul 13, 2013 2:13 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Icer48 said:
Awesome stuff, already exceeding the first season by a mile.

This. Can't say I expected the sequel to be as decent as this.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 13, 2013 3:15 PM

Jun 2013
epic fight is epic
Jul 13, 2013 6:48 PM
Oct 2009
As cheesy and over the top as always, but I have to admit that the action kicks some serious ass. It's almost enough to make me willing to suspend my disbelief... which I would gladly do, if the first season hadn't greatly diminished that possibility already. Now we only need some good gratuitous Engrish.
Jul 13, 2013 8:32 PM

Feb 2013
I'm annoyed Tsubasa didn't transform in front of everyone.

So much action and non-stop music. :)
Jul 14, 2013 2:17 AM

May 2010
nice 2md episode. enjoyed the op wihich is rare for me since i dont care about em that much. only let down was the obvious master mind other then that the fight was sick
Jul 14, 2013 9:47 AM

Jul 2012
The weakness of this series is that it's so easy to predict even though it's a original show.
Just like ss 1 where you can tell who is the antagonist, the plot and the ending since the early episodes. Let me guess the plot of this ss2: two bands of symphogear users fighting each others, then it's turn out that there are third party (white hair guy, 99% is the scientist that went missing in ep 1), who will be the final boss. Both bands will hold hand and use lesbian power to destroy him, the world is saved once again....
Jul 14, 2013 10:54 AM

Apr 2011
Am I the only one who totally is NOT buying Tsubasa's 'secret identity' garbage? She wears no helmet, no mask, nothing to cover up her face or her long-ass blue hair. It's obvious she's the same person. Maybe they've done a really, really good job of making sure no pictures of the Symphogear users get out, because their secret identities would be out immediately (at least Tsubasa's, since she's a world-famous singer).

Regardless of that, some awesome action once they stopped dicking around with "oh no, they'll know it's you!" Apparently Tsubasa's gotten some power-ups since the 1st season, including being able to dual-wield and awesome new attacks. I like that Maria seems way more in tune with her Gungnir than Tachibana, who was a lot whinier this episode than I remember her. Then again, last season they were mostly fighting against Noise; she turned into the simpering version of herself anytime she had to fight an actual person.

Also, when did the swan song become an attack they can use once per episode? Last season it had about a 95% chance of killing its user outright. Now it ain't no thing to bust it out (in triplicate!) for a glorified minion. I have a feeling we'll be seeing that attack a lot this season...

Not that impressed with the episode, but it did what Symphogear does best ... awesome music, pretty colors and kick-ass attacks. Wanna see more of the bad guy team, and I'm sure we will ...
Jul 14, 2013 6:26 PM

Nov 2009
Blind_Guardian said:
Am I the only one who totally is NOT buying Tsubasa's 'secret identity' garbage? She wears no helmet, no mask, nothing to cover up her face or her long-ass blue hair. It's obvious she's the same person. Maybe they've done a really, really good job of making sure no pictures of the Symphogear users get out, because their secret identities would be out immediately (at least Tsubasa's, since she's a world-famous singer).

I think Tsubasa's identity as Symphogear's user is still a secret to most people considering that she never showed herself fighting on public where there are a lot of people watching (or stay close enough to tell who she is)

Blind_Guardian said:
Also, when did the swan song become an attack they can use once per episode? Last season it had about a 95% chance of killing its user outright. Now it ain't no thing to bust it out (in triplicate!) for a glorified minion. I have a feeling we'll be seeing that attack a lot this season...

They channeled Swan song power to Hibiiki. (Hibiki's body can handle its power)

joshua_mai said:
The weakness of this series is that it's so easy to predict even though it's a original show.
Just like ss 1 where you can tell who is the antagonist, the plot and the ending since the early episodes. Let me guess the plot of this ss2: two bands of symphogear users fighting each others, then it's turn out that there are third party (white hair guy, 99% is the scientist that went missing in ep 1), who will be the final boss. Both bands will hold hand and use lesbian power to destroy him, the world is saved once again....

Symphogear G plot seems to similar to Nanoha A's in many ways. People who watched Nanoha A's should be able to easily predict the plot of this show. (Not that it's hard to guess) However, what's important is the execution. Even if the thing is predictable, the good execution will make it interesting.
Jul 14, 2013 10:34 PM

Jul 2011
Marina2 said:

joshua_mai said:

Symphogear G plot seems to similar to Nanoha A's in many ways. People who watched Nanoha A's should be able to easily predict the plot of this show. (Not that it's hard to guess) However, what's important is the execution. Even if the thing is predictable, the good execution will make it interesting.

Well said mate, Symphogear is quite unapologetic about its plot. Its flawed and predictable but that is subsidized by its absurdity, how it over dramatizes things and its self deprecation at times which i personally enjoy.

This season is over saturated with Mahou Shoujo/ Super Sentai Anime so far only this and Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou i've found entertaining even if their plot doesn't seem to be the most ambitious.
Jul 15, 2013 2:28 PM
Dec 2012
Singing during battles? Even Valvare looks decent before this show. Too silly for me. Dropped
Jul 15, 2013 9:23 PM

Oct 2007
Well there's already no chance that Eva could be the villain now that they've introduced the whole mother/daughter thing. Not that I ever suspected she could be a true villain cause attractive girls are never allowed to be truly evil in these. It always has to be some older person controlling them or something so that they can later defect to the good persons team to either be like Chris or end up actually dead as "redemption" by sacrificing themselves in the process. Given the first seasons precedent the wind is blowing in the survive and become an ally direction.

There was a bit of a drop in productions values during some scenes but it definitely didn't crater like the first season did. I think the new director and key animator are helping in that regard. Overall I can actually did this show more now than the first season as a guilty pleasure cause a lot of the problems it had seem to have been cleared up. The plot isn't anything special but at least it's unfolding in a more dynamic and exciting way unlike the first season. It actually feels more like a decent powered armor show than one attempting to masquerade as one but failing in unfortunate ways and I think it has a lot to do with the director being more suited for that sort of thing than the old one. A good director can make such a difference even within the same essential concept.

I must say also I like Tsubasa's new look. I think if you are going to have a girl in powered armor show you might as well have the characters be well drawn and the fights interesting and this gets that both right. That's essentially all I ask for out of these shows.
PeacingOutJul 15, 2013 9:34 PM
Jul 15, 2013 9:42 PM

Sep 2012
eminagnam said:
Singing during battles? Even Valvare looks decent before this show. Too silly for me. Dropped

Did you consider the fact that you started the series with the second season, the first one explaining why they're singing in the very first episode ?
Jul 16, 2013 12:25 AM

Jan 2013
Action packed episode, it flew by.
5/5
Jul 17, 2013 1:33 PM
Jul 2018
Good episode indeed lots of action, too bad it isn't lolis but hey not like i really mind.
Jul 17, 2013 8:01 PM

Jul 2008
It was decent, still I've got no complaint except one scene.
The monologue Tsubasa's producer said when he stopped the broadcast felt very awkward. That's a place where they definitively should have made the producer think it, not say it.
Jul 18, 2013 3:04 PM

Apr 2013
I could just waste my time writing and going on about every single thing in this ep, transformation scenes, the battles, the ost...
NO NEED EVERYTHING WAS FREAKING EPIC LOVE THE SHOW LOVE THE CHARACTERS CANT WAIT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT AOA

Chris-chan why u so awesome O.O
Jul 21, 2013 6:55 PM

Jul 2012
Like how hard is it to write villains with decent lines during confrontations?
hah go figure evil scientist once again...
Cliche to the max.
lanfireJul 21, 2013 6:59 PM
Jul 31, 2013 1:48 PM

Jul 2009
Hey, remember when singing a Swan song meant certain death? No? Well neither do the authors.
Called the Doc being a villain the second I saw him last ep. The lolies are giving Hibiki the same shit talks Chris gave her last season. And she replies the same.
Bet you now they're all gonna see the error of their ways and make up in the end.

This shit is so damn predictive.
Aug 15, 2013 1:31 PM

Jul 2013
I gotta say this is more awesome then the previous season, more characters are introduce with an action packed episode. 3 on 3 fight, well entertained with some flashy visuals on the concert.

Oct 10, 2013 2:01 PM

May 2012
3 new gear users who're also enemies and that doctor is also a villain? Well that sure was some nice combined attack, and great development in general so lets see what's next!
Oct 11, 2014 6:53 AM

Feb 2014
That was so epic. Tom's of awesome action in this episode (Tsubasa's flaming swells and that swan song part :D). Seems like Hibiki still has that evil part of her and her past kind pretty sad :(

I like the new Symphogears...especially that girl with the scythe. They have some pretty cool attacks and costumes

But lol, the audience has evacuated and the dude in the suit lets some girls stay because they need to use the bathroom? Smart idea :p
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2014 1:49 AM

Feb 2013
Seeing the OP, it loosk like we are about ot get a lot of new Sympgogear users. I knew that doctor guy wasn't good! Suspicious as fuck! Pretty good episode.
Nano1124Oct 20, 2014 3:03 PM
Jun 27, 2015 12:57 AM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode!!

Animation is definitely much improved and the battles are much more serious and intense. Watching it in BD is huge plus ^__^

Why the new gear users lolis?! :P

Maria is the only i prefer out of them.

Tsubada's transformation is goddess!!!

I want to bright slap Hibiki. I don't know why she's still acting like a weakling. Chris and Tachibana managed to be strong, yet she remained weak as fuck.

Seriously, it's getting on my nerves now.

Chris or Tachibana should have been the main lead and not her.

Also the Doctor guy has the same weapon as Ryouko!!!

Suspicious as hell!!

Great start! Can't wait for the next episode!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

VioLink - Jul 4, 2013

100 by Hibiki2134 »»
Sep 18, 2023 5:13 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

92 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 12, 2023 2:20 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2013

49 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 12, 2023 10:11 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2013

48 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 12, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Sep 5, 2013

54 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 12, 2023 8:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.