Forum Settings
Forums
New
Fuwari vs. Ruri Which one you like more?
Fuwari (maid)
48.1%
Ruri (short)
51.9%
81 votes
Oct 14, 2012 7:11 AM

May 2009
VS.
Oct 14, 2012 11:31 PM

Jul 2008
I dunno man..this is pretty tough. On the one hand, the maid is pretty attractive, but his kouhai trying her best is really cute, and I feell sorry for her because he started going out with the maid..GAH! DX
I need a little more clarification on the maid's past and her connection with the MC before I can correctly choose, but for now I'll go with the Kouhai since I like her a little more.
Dec 19, 2012 11:49 AM

Sep 2012
Can there be a "both" option?
It's very hard to choose between the two! They're both very likable characters with different appeals lmao.
Oct 9, 2013 1:13 PM

Dec 2008
I honestly love them both. One of the things I hate about manga and anime like this one is that they make both characters so likable that you just get a feeling of happiness and sadness at the end because only 1 can win.

If I was forcibly made to choose those I would choose Ruri simply because she has a personality I like and I am a sucker for short cute girls. But I love Fuwari to. Ahh, my head hurts from this decision.
Oct 9, 2013 7:21 PM

Dec 2012
Lol, looks like I broke the tie. I really like them both but I chose Ruri because I just loved her back story, she was just too damn cute and I usually don't even like lolis.
Oct 13, 2013 6:16 AM

Aug 2013
I would've gone for the younger Fuwari look.. her grown up version is a little not sure how to say it.
So I chose the kouhai.. I can really feel Ruri's love deeply.
Oct 14, 2013 7:44 PM

Feb 2008
Ruri, no question about it.
Dec 10, 2013 5:52 PM

Apr 2012
I am outraged that half the people voted for Ruri.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jan 23, 2015 1:34 AM

Jan 2014
Obviously Ruri...How they met with Fuwa and the times she got serious were the highlights of the manga for me...It felt like boobie maid-chan was there just for more popularity,not to mentin she did lots of stupid things unlike Ruri...
Nov 11, 2015 8:09 AM
Sep 2015
There were two things I didn't like about Ruri -

1. She was emotionally manipulative with purposely blaming Fuwari and revealing the "secret" by saying she was trying to protect Fuwa without actually knowing the entire situation and clearly doing it only for her own benefit. She intentionally made Fuwari out to be a villain in her own mind just out of her own selfishness.

2. Her behavior is consistently dishonest and self serving all the way up until the denouement of the manga when she backs out of the plan to separate Fuwa and Fuwari. This is completely unacceptable because at that point not only is the truth of the situation known to everyone, but at that point it's clear that they both like each other. Again, she's being selfish.

I'll admit to being biased in terms of not liking Ruri's character design as compared to Fuwari's, but the thing that resonated with me was that Fuwari's "mistake" was one that was borne out of her character flaw of basically being weak willed and going along with people. This caused her a lot of anguish, 7 years worth ultimately. Finally when the story ends on the happy note you can see that both of the main leads have managed to move past their trauma together and basically become better people.

To put it bluntly - Fuwa and Fuwari worked and were able to support each other and benefit from it, whereas Ruri despite her best efforts couldn't even get Fuwa out of his otaku lifestyle.
Dec 5, 2015 11:29 AM

Sep 2007
Almost forgot to vote for Fuwari. For now the balance to the force is perfect ^^. The 1st chapter really did a good job to present her and the twist was unexpected.

Malhavok said:

1. She was emotionally manipulative with purposely blaming Fuwari and revealing the "secret" by saying she was trying to protect Fuwa without actually knowing the entire situation and clearly doing it only for her own benefit. She intentionally made Fuwari out to be a villain in her own mind just out of her own selfishness.

It's exactly the point that make Ruri less sympathic to me.
Jan 22, 2016 10:19 AM

Apr 2014
Malhavok said:
There were two things I didn't like about Ruri -

2. Her behavior is consistently dishonest and self serving all the way up until the denouement of the manga when she backs out of the plan to separate Fuwa and Fuwari. This is completely unacceptable because at that point not only is the truth of the situation known to everyone, but at that point it's clear that they both like each other. Again, she's being selfish.

I'll admit to being biased in terms of not liking Ruri's character design as compared to Fuwari's, but the thing that resonated with me was that Fuwari's "mistake" was one that was borne out of her character flaw of basically being weak willed and going along with people. This caused her a lot of anguish, 7 years worth ultimately. Finally when the story ends on the happy note you can see that both of the main leads have managed to move past their trauma together and basically become better people.

To put it bluntly - Fuwa and Fuwari worked and were able to support each other and benefit from it, whereas Ruri despite her best efforts couldn't even get Fuwa out of his otaku lifestyle.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Renai Shimasen ka? Chapter 15 Discussion

Zhou - Oct 6, 2013

30 by ANormalUser »»
Jan 27, 2022 2:28 PM

Poll: » Renai Shimasen ka? Chapter 9 Discussion

Zhou - Jan 21, 2013

13 by E_Creator »»
Jun 11, 2020 3:13 PM

Poll: » Renai Shimasen ka? Chapter 8 Discussion

-Kazu - Jan 14, 2013

8 by E_Creator »»
Jun 11, 2020 3:02 PM

Poll: » Renai Shimasen ka? Chapter 3 Discussion

Zhou - Aug 31, 2012

12 by E_Creator »»
Jun 11, 2020 2:18 PM

Poll: » Renai Shimasen ka? Chapter 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2013

15 by bakakisima »»
Jun 5, 2019 4:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.