3It was OK
8.7%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
0.5%
Average 4.5
206 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 11, 2008 10:42 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh man! THIS EPISODE FREAKED ME OUT AT ONE SPECIFIC POINT! I mean it! Nagi at one point and I am not sure in relation to the manga about this BUT when she tended to the death kittens.........did she A) Absorb them within her??????? OR B) Really send to the place known as Heavens????

This really confused for understanding. Other than that LOL at the exorcism wand being glued to the table cause Nagi got clumsy.

LOL at Tsugumi being totally believing Nagi about her story. That also proves GOD can sometimes WHITE LIES (A lie that is not meant to hurt emotionally or to protect ones insanity in certain situations) to protect us.

LOL at Nagi sleeping and breaking the wand in the first place!

Loved the interaction with her and the kids even though they were skeptical at first.

HATED WHEN NAGI got wounded! Part of the job I GUESS but also proves this GOD might have adapted more into humans than I thought.

LOL at Jin smelling Nagi's sweat or body odors! LOL

Why the hell does Nagi compare the breast thing??? She is Goddess why be concerned for appearances but then again must for comedy.

HIGHLIGHTS
Nagi is KAWAIIII when she sleeps! Also when she is arguing and gets angry! Her expressions are quite LOL.

Nagi and Jin ARE GOOD TOGETHER.

Tsugumi is well done!

angel999Oct 13, 2008 10:27 AM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 11, 2008 7:01 PM

Oct 2007
- Awesome op is (still) awesome
- The character animation in this episode was outstanding, Kannagi is going to utterly spoil me if it keeps this level of animation up.
- Kittens! and the song from the trailer is used!!
- Tsugumi makes her on screen debut!
- I forgot Nagi had a split personality! Kittens :(
- The super ball manga chapter is probably the least exciting/interesting chapter I've read but it's still fairly decent, some nicely animated scenes here too.
- New picture of Nagi during the ending song, awesome one too boot.
- School time next episode, can't wait ^^ especially for what should be in the last scene.

Now this is how you adapt a manga, the rearrangements and additions improve the show (and keep it more fresh for manga fans) and it loses nothing important. Animation is awesome, Nagi is awesome and Tomatsu Haruka is just doing a knock out job with her. Sorry Zange-chan but I'm becoming a Nagi fanboy!
Oct 11, 2008 7:39 PM

Feb 2008
I rofled rofled and rofled during that personality change, never thought to be that awesome from reading the manga to this. xD XD WELL EXECUTED!!! Bravo!

angel, I think it's both, I may call it as guidance but since the title also literally means "Medium" ( Kannagi ), it must have something to do with it.
mflatischler.tk - My Manga translations and transcriptions
Anime in Blu-ray
あなたの人種、年齢、宗教は問いません
Oct 12, 2008 3:56 AM

Jan 2008
can't wait for the subs so i watch the raws.

great episode, Jin getting seriously mad was really something. Well, good thing it's not all about laughs this time.

and wow! Nagi got split personality?!
Oct 12, 2008 6:45 AM

Nov 2007
Awesome episode. 've been waiting for a whole week for this! :)

Though Nagi's double personality sure kinda confuses me...
but anyhow, I smell some tsundere here *sniff sniff* XD

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE OP ALBUM RELEASE !!! ARRHH Oct 29..orz
gimme the full version quick plz... :P

PS: oh and btw angel999, i think you should [ spoiler ] [/ spoiler] the latter screenshot part when posting the discussion... you know, just in case for those who haven't watched the EP yet. :P

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART
Oct 12, 2008 6:46 AM
Jul 2018
Honestly... the whole Nagi sucking in the kittens kinda freaked me out, hahaha.
Oct 12, 2008 7:10 AM

Nov 2007
Awesome so far. I'm liking the opening still, and Nagi is <3

I lol'd at the beginning. I was really surprised with the change of tone with the cats' death going from funny to serious and in reverse.

Imo this is the one of the best shows in the fall season so far.
\
Oct 13, 2008 1:22 AM

Feb 2008
where da hell are teh subs??
Oct 13, 2008 2:14 AM

Sep 2008
Subbed yet?
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Oct 13, 2008 3:13 AM

Feb 2008
subed not :<
Oct 13, 2008 3:46 AM

Jul 2008
I couldn't wait any more so i ripped and translated portuguese subs(Tenko subs) into english >.< Result was pretty awful, but usable/readable .
Oct 13, 2008 9:14 AM

Feb 2008
well something came up a torrent of ep by xedo-speed subs duno if it isnt fake but still dnloading
Oct 13, 2008 10:23 AM

Aug 2008
drnickpl said:
well something came up a torrent of ep by xedo-speed subs duno if it isnt fake but still dnloading

It's not fake but an awful lot of dialog is missing and there are many mistakes.
Probably better to wait for Ayako.
Oct 13, 2008 11:59 AM

Aug 2008
OMGsplosion said:
drnickpl said:

It's not fake but an awful lot of dialog is missing and there are many mistakes.
Probably better to wait for Ayako.
That must be what I watched. I'll try again tomorrow, since I missed half the ep [/has decided he needs to learn Japanese].
I think I have to complain about the high animation quality. Sure the characters are often in motion, even when standing still, but I find it very difficult to make out their facial expressions. I could barely tell when Tsugimi was talking: her head was moving so much I couldn't tell her mouth was.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Oct 13, 2008 12:15 PM

Feb 2008
its watchable but as u guys said incomplete dialogues. Fortunately its enough to understand whats going on.

I think I have to complain about the high animation quality.

lol the gurl just likes to move alot whn talking x] not a bad thing imo. Adlast chars are doing something other than only moving their lips now rit ?
Oct 13, 2008 12:40 PM

Feb 2008
lol she obsorbed them to purify them..or alteast give them a resting place since she said they couldnt move on. i watched a really bad sub so i gotta watch it again with a better sub.

it may have been to keep them from turning into bad siprits since they died a rather cruel death.

as far as being obsorbed, if there is such a thing as spirit, then the obsorption of the body is to purify the sprit's vessel, which is the body. (hense unburried bodies tend to be fodder for demons or atleast a source for bad spirits) it may have been that she felt responsible for their deaths, as wella s jin's but she didnt really say that directly.
Oct 13, 2008 12:41 PM

Aug 2008
I think I'll just wait for Ayako's subs from now on if Xedo is just going to drop about 20 lines an episode. Good obligatory we're-arguing-so-now-I'm-going-to-leave-and-then-we'll-be-sorry-and-get-back-together episode.
Oct 13, 2008 1:57 PM

Dec 2007
Tsugumi is moeeee !
Oct 13, 2008 2:06 PM

Feb 2008
yeah both girls are moe but which is more moe wow :O
Oct 13, 2008 2:42 PM

Sep 2008
the subbing by xedo was terrible D: oh well
lol at the part of nagi being clumsy xD
Oct 13, 2008 2:53 PM

Oct 2007
Man, Nagi is the true Goddess of LOL.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 13, 2008 3:16 PM

Nov 2007
Wow what horrible subs xedo was sigh lol
guess i'll have to wait for ayako to come out
but overall was a good episode
Oct 13, 2008 3:17 PM

Jul 2008
I think it was a good episode :)

Oct 13, 2008 3:30 PM

Jul 2008
Hey guys... Ayako's sub is out now you know :P Enjoy.

As for the episode, I enjoyed it. It was funny, and kept me smiling quite a bit. Nagi really is something else. Now, since the topic of the thread outside of "When will Ayako release!? pertains to the cat scene". It's my view that the "aborbtion" isn't something to really look into too much over. I mean, as she said, she's more or less a god of prosperity and life in taht town. It'd only seem natural for her to have some kind of ability to allow the soul to release itself from the body and pass onto the next life. Neh! My two cents.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Oct 13, 2008 3:47 PM

Sep 2007
Haha, that was great, I love it

Oct 13, 2008 3:52 PM

Sep 2007
The quality of this show is extremely impressive. Nagi and Jin are my favourite main character pair of the season.
Oct 13, 2008 4:00 PM

Jan 2008
whyyy - why did the kittens have to die too?

I hated this episode, killing the kittens was just too harsh.
~five exclamation marks is the sure sign of an insane mind~
Oct 13, 2008 4:02 PM

Sep 2007
angel999 said:
I FINALLY FIGURED SOMETHING OUT DUE TO SUBS ABOUT THE CATS:
This might seem weird but Jin does DEMAND that Nagi explains for what purpose she absorbed them into her. THAT MEANS that she DID ABSORB THEM. However SHE SAID THAT SHE SENT THEM TO HEAVEN which means that (MY THEORY) through her body she sent them directly to HEAVEN or to her OWN DIMENSIONAL WORLD WHICH IS LIKE HEAVENS.

I'm surprised it took you that long to figure out. I watched that scene once and instantly got the impression that she was sending the kittens to heaven/back to earth/the other world/etc.
Oct 13, 2008 4:44 PM

Nov 2007
The animation in this series is impressive. The episode itself was quite enjoyable as well; I really liked the cat death scene.

lol, second superball episode this season.
Oct 13, 2008 4:45 PM

Sep 2008
good episode but god those subs where horrible.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Oct 13, 2008 5:05 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Absolutely brilliant. Very enjoyable episode, Nagi is just too adorable.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 13, 2008 5:06 PM

Feb 2008
Very nice. And very funny. Fake split personality. lol
The animation is still awesome.
Oct 13, 2008 5:09 PM

Feb 2008
This is my favourite show of the new season, by far actually. It's a shame we don't get a better quality release... I'm definately buying this on DVD if it gets licensed.

There was not one dull second in this episode, the animation is fluid and awesome, the voice acting by both the main characters is fantastic, the direction and editing is outstanding and the OP/ED are great. All in all, a very tight little package. To top it all off, Nagi is extremely cute :)

I absolutely love this show.
Oct 13, 2008 5:11 PM

Jan 2008
Lol, great episode. Fake split personality was lol XD
Oct 13, 2008 5:22 PM
Sep 2007
-N0iR- said:
whyyy - why did the kittens have to die too?

I hated this episode, killing the kittens was just too harsh.

Really. 1/10.

But seriously, it was awesome. Can't wait to see Nagi again.

drnickpl said:
yeah both girls are moe but which is more moe wow :O

Nagi.
Oct 13, 2008 6:26 PM

Oct 2007
Okay, you know what?

We get it. The animation budget is high.

But seriously, could you tone down the constant fidgeting? :x

That said, I agree--one of the top shows this season. Definitely looking forward to the next one. :)

Kannagi - Proof that even a god can be moe. (As if Haruhi didn't already prove that.)
You can find me on IRC.
Oct 13, 2008 9:00 PM

Jul 2008
Wasabi said:
angel999 said:
This might seem weird but Jin does DEMAND that Nagi explains for what purpose she absorbed them into her. THAT MEANS that she DID ABSORB THEM. However SHE SAID THAT SHE SENT THEM TO HEAVEN which means that (MY THEORY) through her body she sent them directly to HEAVEN or to her OWN DIMENSIONAL WORLD WHICH IS LIKE HEAVENS.

I'm surprised it took you that long to figure out. I watched that scene once and instantly got the impression that she was sending the kittens to heaven/back to earth/the other world/etc.

I had other theories as doubts but this one is close to 80% I would say but remember that some GODS in Japan are malicious and even good ones sometimes. I seen some anime about then but Loki from English folklores is a good example. He is nice but tricky.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 13, 2008 9:23 PM

Sep 2008
The Subs are broken >_> Why in the hell Are they broken....
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Oct 13, 2008 9:28 PM

Sep 2007
ayako's .avi file is broken. The .mkv is fine.
Oct 13, 2008 10:27 PM

Sep 2008
This show is defiantly my surprise for the season. I really can't find any fault in the first two episodes. The characters are great, animation is superb, and its funny; I'm already sad that it is only going to be 13 episodes short.
Oct 13, 2008 10:43 PM

Sep 2007
angel999 said:
Wasabi said:
angel999 said:

I had other theories as doubts but this one is close to 80% I would say but remember that some GODS in Japan are malicious and even good ones sometimes. I seen some anime about then but Loki from English folklores is a good example. He is nice but tricky.

I doubt this anime is the kind that will throw some kind of twist turning Nagi into some malevolent god out to kill all life or something.
Oct 13, 2008 10:46 PM

Aug 2008
Kannagi somehow reminds me of Kana from minami-ke...
Oct 13, 2008 10:46 PM

Nov 2007
Wasabi said:
angel999 said:
Wasabi said:
angel999 said:

I doubt this anime is the kind that will throw some kind of twist turning Nagi into some malevolent god out to kill all life or something.
Nice boat?
Very doubtful.
Oct 13, 2008 11:51 PM

May 2008
This is so far one of the better Fall Animes that have been released.

Animation is some good stuff :up:
Oct 14, 2008 12:11 AM

Dec 2007
Great, highly enjoyable episode.

One thing I noticed was, with the kittens at the beginning, we heard the music from the trailer again. I just love that song.

"Please send my regards to your mother." Hah, of course Tsugumi made the food herself. Not like Jin noticed that and the blush.
bambooXZXOct 14, 2008 12:22 AM
Oct 14, 2008 12:17 AM

Nov 2006
;__; the kittens...
Oct 14, 2008 1:08 AM

Jul 2008
Can't complain. The episode wasn't half bad. ^_^
Oct 14, 2008 1:15 AM

Jan 2007
I loved this episode. Nagi <3
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeadIEnd - Dec 27, 2008

222 by __FK__ »»
Feb 21, 12:36 PM

» SEASON 2 WHERE?!!!?!?

KhoaVN - Sep 24, 2023

1 by TheChainsawMan »»
Sep 24, 2023 8:55 AM

» ...I could eat three bowls of rice

formosan - Feb 12, 2009

2 by KhoaVN »»
Sep 24, 2023 7:43 AM

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dtshyk - Oct 4, 2008

159 by KhoaVN »»
Sep 24, 2023 7:38 AM

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

sniW - Dec 6, 2008

176 by 3miL »»
Mar 18, 2023 12:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.