3It was OK
33.3%
2Disliked it
8.3%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 3.9
12 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2012 12:50 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Man I didn't know this was an adaptation of a Kenji Miyazawa creation until the opening credits rolled and since I haven't read that piece of literary work, I don't know if this was faithful to the source material as well.

The animation was meh but being an 80's work I guess it was ok by me. The narration was great since it really fleshes it out as a children's story. Overall I rated this at 7/10 in my list.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 15, 2012 5:00 AM

Oct 2011
^couldn't believe anyone wouldn't dig the animation on this one, but to each their own...i really found this to be a moving and beautiful piece of animation - really liked the expressionistic quality of the art (reminded me somewhat of van gogh, one of my favorite artists)....great story as well - it really captured the dreamy lostness of childhood and the strange impressions children get from what seem to adults to be very normal things - i recommend it highly!
Jun 23, 2017 10:39 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
The music was really cool, the art style was okay, the animation was subpar, but I gotta give it some credit since it's a 1980s anime.

Was less creepy than I thought it would be. The cover pic for the anime page looks like a clown on a horse. And Saburou's character kind of threw me off a bit. He seems like a serious, quiet boy but he's actually playful and childish.
Nov 17, 2017 8:50 PM
Aug 2010
The animation is limited to give off the feeling of a moving children's picture book

come on guys
Aug 12, 2022 4:01 AM

Aug 2017
Really like the mood here - Rintaro's direction and Kanemori's designs are awesome
Berry-Vodka said:
so those two grew up to become the stars of Ping Pong the animation. the movement was funny like cardboard figures or something xD 7/10.

I also got some Taiyo Matsumoto vibes haha
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.