3It was OK
2.8%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.8
143 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 28, 2010 9:10 AM
Sep 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This movie is definitely better than the first one.
Goh'Dan
Jun 4, 2010 8:08 AM

Nov 2009
gohdan said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This movie is definitely better than the first one.

So true, ending was really good.
I think i saw a cookie monster!

No wait, its just death.
Oct 6, 2010 11:38 AM

Feb 2009
...This really needs more discussion. Really, it is far too good for only 3 comments XD

Anyways, it was such a sweet story, glad that it wrapped up the series rather neatly. Definitely has quite a bit of rewatch value as well.
Dec 23, 2010 3:09 PM

Sep 2010
I agree! The best CCS movie ever!
Feb 8, 2011 9:21 PM

Jan 2010
OMG I keep watching the last scene over and over its too cute!!! I love this movie!!!
Jul 21, 2011 10:26 PM

Feb 2010
Lol..., it's been like 4 years already but I can still remember the last scene of this movie XD
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Aug 21, 2011 4:27 PM

Dec 2009
I still have this movie on VHS lol!! nowadays I have nothing to play it on though d:
I like this movie more than the first one, in fact I watched this one first. I looove it!
Aug 27, 2011 10:04 PM

Feb 2011
i loved this movie and will always remember the ending kawaii
Dec 15, 2011 1:13 AM

Dec 2008
Great ending <33333
Nice movie, great animation and pacing
ChrnoToddOct 2, 2021 9:39 PM
Jan 7, 2012 7:20 AM

Oct 2009
Am I the only one who found the ending a bit.. rushed? xD

other then that I loved the movie! ♥
May 27, 2012 8:09 PM

Sep 2009
Shaoran's outfit that Tomoyo made is way cooler than his usual battle robes. That and I love the fact that his and Sakura's matched. ^__^
Jul 7, 2012 1:46 PM
Apr 2011
Bren said:

maybe a bit. the actual battle itself wasn't super long or drawn out but im pretty OK w/ that. IMO the true focus of CCS is the characters and their relationships, not the fights.

anyway great movie, great conclusion, great series. @_@
Oct 26, 2012 7:41 PM

May 2010
Bren said:

I agree, it ended too abruptly. I was expecting an aftermath scene while the credits play out. I dropped this from a 9/10 to an 8/10
ConfuciusOct 26, 2012 7:49 PM
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 4, 2012 5:17 PM

Aug 2009
I think, 2nd movie is the best of CCS series.

Loved the Hope card
Jan 1, 2013 8:13 PM

Feb 2012
After almost a decade, this movie still makes me cry.
Its wonderful!!, watching productions like this makes me realize why i've loved animes at the first place :)
Mar 17, 2013 6:40 AM

Feb 2013
I'm glad I have watched this movie. I was a bit disappointed with the ending of the series, but the ending of the movie is perfect.
May 3, 2013 5:39 PM
Jul 2018
A very sweet movie.
May 7, 2013 8:00 PM

Aug 2010
The ending was very cute.
May 7, 2013 8:02 PM

Jun 2010
Donelop said:
The ending was very cute.

It was! I loved it
May 16, 2013 9:31 PM
Jul 2018
Wonderful movie, I just watched the dub and it's just as good as the sub, amazingly.
Sep 18, 2013 12:33 PM
Oct 2011
Great movie, hadn't watched it since 10 years and its still good. I wonder can Li catch sakura at the end ;p
Oct 18, 2013 2:04 PM

Dec 2011
I have this on DVD, I've re-watched it so many times in both dub and sub it's ridiculous. I just finished re-watching the series and came to this again, wow, it just never gets old. ;__; It's amazing I could pretty much quote every line said. Wonderful movie and a FANTASTIC sequel! I think I'll make it a thing where I watch this every year religiously, haha. I just wish they'd shown the aftermath though, the explaining they'd have to give... maybe Touya would help her out. xD
Dec 31, 2013 9:14 AM

Sep 2010
ahhhhh one of my otps and it's canon. ccs made my childhood, all the nostalgia makes me so happy
Feb 13, 2014 12:45 PM

Mar 2008
for me the movie was really underwhelming, I expected really more to be honest.
They could have done so much more, but in the end they chose not to...
the only thing I did like was
- it made everything much more meaningful; like despite being in a situation like that, what you should never do is to give up hope... because only then you've truly lost
May 17, 2014 8:56 PM

Jan 2013
Kyaaa~ this was 2cute4me

What a great way to wrap up a wonderful series! The last scene was so memorable and cute.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
May 19, 2014 11:44 PM
May 2013
THE FRICKING BEST AWESOME KAWAII SERIES OF ALL TIME!!! omg it really gives you a good fussy feeling inside!
Jun 14, 2014 1:16 AM

Jul 2008
About time she admitted her feelings!! This was the best way to end the series, 8/10
Jul 20, 2014 12:47 AM

Nov 2011
Bren said:

Exactly it. Even after watching this and finding out how incomplete the end of the series was, the movie itself still feels incomplete. It's only an hour and 19 minutes long. Fucking rushed. I am disappointed. Though it finally had closure, the way the last card was sealed so easily.............why was it so easy.............there needs to be more suffering........and more of episode 46. The visions of a world devoid of love, that was absofuckinlutely hauntingly beautiful.

Though I want to verify what happened when the sealed card chose Shaoran. The card that arose from Sakura's feelings, it went to Shaoran. And then what? Was that very card, "LOVE?" Or was it still an incomplete one waiting for that sealed card girl to be sealed into the card that sprung from Sakura? I have an idea of what's going on, but I just seem to be following it wrong.

Anyone care to enlighten the confused?
zetsu_shorenJul 20, 2014 12:52 AM
Oct 26, 2014 9:50 AM

Jun 2012
Now, that was an epic movie with a very cute ending. Loved it!

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Nov 3, 2014 12:36 PM

Aug 2014
INCREDIBLY AWESOME !!!! This movie was really something amazing! Is very noticeable the more serious tone of this movie compared to the series. The animation also surprised me, many times I was noticing the scenery and the colors used, another big difference for the series. The ending was beautiful, I also was expecting a scene after the credits hahah beautiful indeed
Nov 22, 2014 4:57 PM
Nov 2013
This movie is way better than the first one :D

Totally happy with the ending. So many interruptions before Sakura confesses her love. But after many tries, Sakura was finally able to confess her love for Shaoron.

Was nice to see Meilin again and it was also nice to hear Sakura saying RELEASE for the last time.

Now I must finally RELEASE Cardcaptor Sakura :( It's been one heck of a journey. Rewatch value is very high.
Dec 19, 2014 8:55 AM

Jul 2012
lol so many cameraman at the amusement park show hahaha

Good Movie as the creator trying to conclude Sakura's feeling for Shioran with new card

Jan 26, 2015 2:52 PM

May 2011
I haven't seen this movie since I was a kid, but I have faint memories of the ending and the Ferris Wheel fight. The nostalgia burns right into my soul.
Mar 1, 2015 3:44 PM

Oct 2012
Omg, it was sooooooooo beautiful. ♥ Sakura's confession was the best. It couldn't have been any better. ALSO "IIIIII LOVE YOOOOOU" while jumping.
Oh. my. god.
Best movie ever
Oct 28, 2015 6:09 PM

Sep 2012
Very sweet and beautiful ending. I just wish they would've stopped with the multiple confession teases which annoyed me quite a bit. There was like, 6 interruptions or something. Either way, a great ending to an amazing show.
Dec 26, 2015 1:07 AM

Dec 2013
Loved everything of this movie <3 that ending...so lovely
Jan 31, 2016 3:13 PM

Oct 2009
This movie was so cute. I'm sad that I'm done watching this series now... :(
Jun 1, 2016 10:07 AM

Apr 2011
I've finished this series years ago, but I just found out recently that there's a sequel movie :o

BTW, great movie! The ending is fluffy~

The play was marvelous, too. Shaoran is still cute as usual lol

ahh Childhood feels

Jun 16, 2016 8:09 PM

Feb 2016
zetsu_shoren said:
Bren said:

Exactly it. Even after watching this and finding out how incomplete the end of the series was, the movie itself still feels incomplete. It's only an hour and 19 minutes long and. Fucking rushed. I am disappointed. Though it finally had closure, the way the last card was sealed so easily.............why was it so easy.............there needs to be more suffering........and more of episode 46. The visions of a world devoid of love, that was absofuckinlutely hauntingly beautiful.

Though I want to verify what happened when the sealed card chose Shaoran. The card that arose from Sakura's feelings, it went to Shaoran. And then what? Was that very card, "LOVE?" Or was it still an incomplete one waiting for that sealed card girl to be sealed into the card that sprung from Sakura? I have an idea of what's going on, but I just seem to be following it wrong.

I know I'm already very late for this discussion and I just recently watched movie 2 and I like it. It's much better than the first movie. It's cute and I like Syaoran. Yeah, childhood favorite. Nostalgic.

About your questions, I am not very sure what exactly happened but it seemed to me that after it got defeated, it chose Syaoran to take the consequence being having a stronger magical power than Sakura that moment(as Syaoran himself said it). And because Sakura's strong feelings and desire to save Syaoran from taking the consequence, which is to lose the most important feeling he has for Sakura, the Sealed card was reborn and was sealed in that "Hope" card(or "love" card) that sprung from Sakura, thus not needing to steal Syaoran's strongest feeling anymore for she is no longer void of love...saving Syaoran in the process.

That's my own interpretation.
That feeling when you feel you know the feeling of not feeling any feel at all. Get the feeling?
Feb 1, 2017 10:04 PM

Jul 2013
I loved everything about this movie!

It's cool how Touya and Yukito went off to college, and I guess that means Yue spends time apart more from Sakura and Kero. I wonder if that's sad for him, but it is touching to see how much he cares for Sakura compared to when he didn't want to even acknowledge her.

Ahh it wouldn't be CCS without someone's confessions getting constantly interrupted, except this time Sakura finally knows the pain! Haha

I actually thought Sakura was going to use the love card she created against the nothing card because it would provide it with the sense of love it needed and it wasn't a card created by Clow, but then again I was wondering why the card didn't have a name on it so I guess it makes sense for the two to combine and make The Hope! And then that counteracted Syaoran losing his feelings for Sakura, yay :)

Honestly I thought the two were as good as canon from the TV ending, because Sakura asks to take the bear and they smile at each other. But now I guess it's OFFICIAL official! So glad to see one of my childhood pairings find that happiness. Syaoran/Sakura and Yukito/Touya are two of the most iconic couples in anime history imo, but especially in CLAMP history.

I'm gonna give this a 9/10. The series is a 10/10 for me, but I guess I thought the conflict between Sakura and the sealed card would be harder to resolve instead of just one direct confrontation. Either way this movie was amazing. Now I'm fully ready for the 2018 TV sequel!
Feb 27, 2017 8:42 AM

Nov 2011
Great movie, way better than the first one. I thought the romantic resolution was good at the end of the TV series; this movie is just icing on the cake. It was super duper cute, especially that last scene.

I really liked the way Sakura's half-created Love card merged with the Nullify(?) card to create the Hope card. Although predictable, I thought that was a really creative way to answer the issue of Nullify(?) stealing the strongest feelings of whoever has the most magic nearby when it's sealed. Plus it ties into the TV series ending really well that way.

Hype for the 2018 sequel!

Chanaynay said:
Now I'm fully ready for the 2018 TV sequel!

I know, right? Now is an excellent time to have watched this franchise with the sequel coming out early 2018. Looking forward to it!
May 16, 2017 10:04 PM

Dec 2014
Wow, this was infinitely better than the first movie and a great way to wrap things up. Looking forward to the 2018 series even more now.
Jun 29, 2017 8:54 AM
Jun 2011
I just finished watching the anime, skipped movie 1 and went straight to this one. SO FREAKING CUTE! I really really really loved that ending scene, so very cute. My heart is satisfied now!

So I'm joining in the wait for 2018 new series :) so happy!
Jun 29, 2017 12:45 PM

Dec 2015
TripleSRank said:

Chanaynay said:
Now I'm fully ready for the 2018 TV sequel!

I know, right? Looking forward to it!

@meguca You (and others) should read (at least a synopsis of) the post Eriol fight chapters from the manga (the last volume). It clears the origins of Toya and Sakura's powers, involves their father and gives the motivation behind Eriol's actions.
(and the new manga don't take time to restate anything about it, so I doubt the anime will)

edit @meguca Well, I'm not so sure but by proportion comparison, I would say yes. But that's because the manga doesn't wander around like the show did. Also, the final volume is entirely centered on them past its first chapter with the revelations.
I hope your country will get the same new edition as we will in France ^^ (based on the bigger and prettier volumes of the "perfect"/"deluxe" edition).
Rei_IIIJun 29, 2017 3:03 PM
Jun 29, 2017 2:29 PM
Jun 2011
Rei366 said:
TripleSRank said:

I know, right? Looking forward to it!

@meguca You (and others) should read (at least a synopsis of) the post Eriol fight chapters from the manga (the last volume). It clears the origins of Toya and Sakura's powers, involves their father and gives the motivation behind Eriol's actions.
(and the new manga don't take time to restate anything about it, so I doubt the anime will)

I know!! I'm waiting for them to release the re edition in my country, but I think I won't be able to stay patient any longer and read these last chapters online. When I can buy it, I think I will read it from the start. Is is true that the manga gives more Sakura/Syaoran relationship insight/"fanservice"? (I want to see these two blushing and stuttering moreeeee never enoughhh)

Also thank you for the recommendation :)
Nov 1, 2017 7:30 AM

Jul 2011
Very nice movie. Now I'm ready for 2018!!
Dec 11, 2017 11:51 PM

Aug 2007
This movie is a lot better than the first one. 6/10
I absolutely love the innocence and purity of Li and Sakura's relationship. I can't wait for the Clear Card Arc ;-;

Dec 20, 2017 12:12 AM

Apr 2009
DarkAngel035 said:
zetsu_shoren said:

Exactly it. Even after watching this and finding out how incomplete the end of the series was, the movie itself still feels incomplete. It's only an hour and 19 minutes long and. Fucking rushed. I am disappointed. Though it finally had closure, the way the last card was sealed so easily.............why was it so easy.............there needs to be more suffering........and more of episode 46. The visions of a world devoid of love, that was absofuckinlutely hauntingly beautiful.

I know I'm already very late for this discussion and I just recently watched movie 2 and I like it. It's much better than the first movie. It's cute and I like Syaoran. Yeah, childhood favorite. Nostalgic.

About your questions, I am not very sure what exactly happened but it seemed to me that after it got defeated, it chose Syaoran to take the consequence being having a stronger magical power than Sakura that moment(as Syaoran himself said it). And because Sakura's strong feelings and desire to save Syaoran from taking the consequence, which is to lose the most important feeling he has for Sakura, the Sealed card was reborn and was sealed in that "Hope" card(or "love" card) that sprung from Sakura, thus not needing to steal Syaoran's strongest feeling anymore for she is no longer void of love...saving Syaoran in the process.

That's my own interpretation.

^This.

This is a perfect closure for the 70 episode series. 8/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2018 4:14 PM

Oct 2010
I got an email from Crunchyroll saying "We can CARDly wait for the new Cardcaptor movie!" promoting theater showings of this movie. Uh... "new"? :P

I haven't seen it yet because people were saying Clear Card would retcon it, but now it seems like Clear Card tries to acknowledge everything as canon simultaneously, so I guess I'll watch it next month.
Jan 26, 2018 1:28 PM

Jul 2014
Right now i just finished this beautiful movie, and i must say that it really exceeded my expectations. It was totally nice from beginning to end, without a doubt the end of this series is one of the ones that i have enjoyed the most.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Status poll about Cardcaptor Sakura Movie 2: The Sealed Card

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

1 by Cestlavie_ »»
Dec 15, 2023 6:40 PM

» Where to watch without subs?

Dango-Mew - Jul 13, 2023

7 by Dango-Mew »»
Jul 14, 2023 1:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.