3It was OK
19.8%
2Disliked it
4.5%
1Hated it
3.0%
Average 4.1
732 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 28, 2023 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
Oh God, the CGI made my eyes roll.

Also, as much as Dakini can be a troll at times in this show, she geninuely does care about protecting the kids. But lol, he battle scenes in this show/episode look like a meme. 
Jun 28, 2023 9:57 AM

Jul 2017
The CGI dinosaurs come back again with Dakini saving the younger children!

For Cyan, her life has been one string of incidents one after another: a perfect family that got broken up due to the Empire's End of Life system, and upon being sent to the isolation camp, she developed a cynical approach, that she and the boy Kai got saved thanks to the CGI monsters that got eaten by an Archon (which turned out to be Gaia) whose fetish for children is substantial. And with Yukito and Co. finding both kids, Gaia still has to show up when trouble comes knocking on their door of the insane monster mobile biological fortress Typhon awaiting their arrival. In the end, both Kai and Cyan got bought to her selfish ideals, which she never regarded them as family in the first place. Sil and Al's literate Truck-kun moment spared their lives in the most nonsensical escape ever.

Indeed, one of the kids recognized the monster that Gaia made, but that it came from the old civilization, and so, Yukito thought of a plan, but before he could do so, he and Mitama was brutally killed by the monster. In Typhon's body rests a torture chamber only for Gaia and her oppressors and try as she might to kill Yukito over and over again, he's as built immortal. But there is hope: Sil's Mitama pendant which reveals that Yukito, Mitama, Kai and Cyan are alive, they still have a fighting chance, which this is Gaia's moment to amass more followers to beat Loki, something which her past experience has taught her so, enough to kill her mother. Unfortunately, Yukito, to her, poses the exact same religious conniving tactics, which is not himself but he is from a façade, which is he's trying to create a false religion, then it doesn't bode well in her books.

The way to save Yukito: a live Mitama-band of all things lols, because it can, and sure as heck will do.
Now I'm really looking forward to the finale now...
Jun 28, 2023 10:10 AM
Oct 2008
I will never trust vegans again! Also I like that Gaia and Yukito are seriously the same. Thank you Mitama-sama for CGI and le-
Jun 28, 2023 10:11 AM
Sep 2021
Interesting story indeed, learned more about archons origin especially gaia. Let's see how the finale for this season will be.
Jun 28, 2023 10:14 AM

Feb 2019
Man it feel so good to have Kamikatsu back. That week off was rough 😩

The CGI dino chase was even rougher, my God. I will never understand why they went with that style. It’s just so off-putting.

Damn, so I was wrong. I thought Gaia was actually gonna be a good person and that the flags were just a misdirection. Didn’t think she was actually a scumbag who’d manipulate and use the kids. I like how they showed the backstory of the kids as well, making them legitimate characters instead of just props. The little girl has to feel awful considering she’s been betrayed by her parents twice now.

And some more lore! Finally. So the archons are actually just enhanced humans who’ve had their memories wiped, except Gaia. Very interesting. The intrigue of this world just continues to captivate me. Even though there’s the hot girls and fanservice, the story is genuinely great. I really wanna know more about this old civilisation.

It’s no wonder Gaia is a shitty parent though. She was manipulated and abused by her mother too, so that’s all she can give.

Did they really censor a KISS???!! I’ve never seen that before. The black bars of censorship were out in full force today, ruined a couple of mommy dommy Gaia form scenes.

Finale next week, not ready at all to say goodbye to this show 😔
Marinate1016Jun 28, 2023 10:18 AM
Jun 28, 2023 10:32 AM
Oct 2021
gotta admit although this show took a while to grow on me i did miss it last week and can’t wait for the finale next week (hopefully lol)
Jun 28, 2023 10:47 AM
Mar 2020
I cannot believe there is no wind inside that beast.. Just cannot believe it.
Jun 28, 2023 11:55 AM
May 2022
this ep was so good lmao specially this
Jun 28, 2023 12:48 PM

Dec 2022
i dont know why but this episode was the best by far now i am looking forward to 12
Jun 28, 2023 12:51 PM

May 2020
If there ever will be academy awards for meme, this show will clean sweep in NUMEROUS categories.

Now, Gaia evolved and she's looking a LOT bigger than before. Though to think she has her memories of the old civilization retained just kinda make me think about what other archons are still capable of, from the ones we've seen and those we still haven't.

But that's for later as now, an idol performance is about to bring someone back to life... yes the never seen, never heard deed. So looking forward to how they'll wrap things up next time.
Jun 28, 2023 1:27 PM

Dec 2013
This show is so goofy but it has quite dark elements and backstories, so all archons are like Yukito, victims of cults / religions, poor Cyan, there is no way she would open a third time to people just to be deceived again, at least she has Kai.
Jun 28, 2023 2:09 PM

Dec 2015
I think they took the phrase "mother earth" a bit too far xD They really went full mommy mode with Gaia's combat form lol

Also Gaia's combat form (minus the horns) kinda reminds me of Black Hole-chan lol I wonder if that was intentional or just a fun coincidence?
Jun 28, 2023 2:20 PM

May 2016
there is no other anime that has worse cgi than whatever the fuck that abomination was.
Jun 28, 2023 3:42 PM

Apr 2023
This anime goes so hard.
Got me bugging waiting for the epic finale.
😩
SwagsOnBJun 28, 2023 3:59 PM
Jun 28, 2023 3:58 PM

Sep 2018
Oof, the directing was an eye sore in this episode.
Jun 28, 2023 5:00 PM

Mar 2014
Oh my gosh I can't stop crying my eyes out of laughter at this CGI, ooooh these animators are having a ball!
xDD

I hate how I'm looking forward to the finale and how much both the opening and ending is stuck in my head!
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jun 28, 2023 6:25 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh shii that's some huge ugly monster, ngl.

Its nice to hear Kana screaming while driving those dang truck so fast with danger level of nitro. But the heck Yukito die? Nevermind, Mitama infinitely revive him lmao.

Gaia backstory, and i do understand why words can't get through real Gaia, because Mitama might needs to talk earth herself xd. But anyway all casts brings the concert stage right to the ugly huge monster face, idk what they were thinking.

Gaia can easily slam them all, but eh? She already found a sweet time with the band, so maybe that's the way she back up the plan for real? Dude stop with the black bars smh...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 29, 2023 3:40 AM
Jun 2019
One Week delay for mappa CGI nice
Jun 29, 2023 4:29 AM
May 2020
gaia gotta be a hypocrite cos sh'e is using similar tactics with regards to the children to only discard dem but it is what it is
Jun 29, 2023 4:51 AM
Dec 2020
This show has been a fever dream so far but I'm severely disappointed that this was the episode we got after a whole week delay. I was definitely laughing at it instead of with it this time around. For example, Gaia's backstory with the ED playing over it was such a clash in tone that it feels like really poor direction or an editing mishap, even if it was intentional. The animation has never been top tier, even excluding the beasts, but this episode looked even more rushed than usual. We're supposed to feel sympathy of all the side characters Yukito was manipulating but even the show itself treats them like gags and means to an end rather than real people.
Jun 29, 2023 5:12 AM
Oct 2019
TRUCK-KUN NEVER FAILED!! LMAO

Gaia really is the same as Yukito, both got cult ass family.
Now i can see why Gaia is so upset.

Bruhh the Power of Idol gonna save this world. lol
Jun 29, 2023 6:51 AM

May 2015
This show gives me whiplash as it goes from ecchi humor to serious and dark backstories...but it's a good kind (didn't know that was possible) because i'm always enjoying it. Gaia acts as a dark mirror to Yukito with their similar childhoods, but I don't think it'd be impossible to convince her to join their side once she sees he isn't just being a religions leader for his own personal gain.
Jun 29, 2023 7:44 AM
Jan 2019
This anime is the peak dumb fun I can get
Jun 29, 2023 10:43 AM

May 2019
Pretty good episode minus the horrible CGI and the black bars. Turns out that Gaia really was using the kids and while she says her and Yukito are the same his friends don't see it that way (and I don't either as I don't think Yukito would literally abandon his friends like how Gaia abandoned the kids).

Next episode it looks like the gang will use the power of friendship and idols to somehow defeat Gaia. I'm curious to see how that turns out as that beast could simply devour everyone.
Jun 29, 2023 1:57 PM

Nov 2013
The way I see it, either the gang will give power to Mitama through their concert, or Yukito will become something like an archon too and people will worship him instead lol.
Jun 29, 2023 7:35 PM

Mar 2008
Truck-kun saves the moment lol

Gaia is a shitty person but I do feel sorry for her she suffered like Yukito did though.

Wait hold up. I recall someone theorizing this might be the future not a different world and it's starting to look like that. That one kid was able to read Japanese while others couldnt and the old civilization didn't really look different from our world.

Ckea said:
I think they took the phrase "mother earth" a bit too far xD They really went full mommy mode with Gaia's combat form lol

Also Gaia's combat form (minus the horns) kinda reminds me of Black Hole-chan lol I wonder if that was intentional or just a fun coincidence?

The Archons are named after gods and possess their traits.

Gaia is one of the Greek primordial gods, the goddess of all life on Earth. That's one of the origins of "Mother Earth". This is why Gaia in the show can create life.

Loki is a Norse trickster god. This relates to Loki's illusion abilities.

Atar is the holy fire in Zoroastrianism which is the visible manifestation of Ahura Mazda (a sky god). You can see how this relates to Atar's attack being firey lasers.

Dakini is the name of a Hindu and Buddhist goddess or demoness but this specific Dakini is after Dakiniten a kitsune patron goddess of love and matchmaking.

[
Marinate1016 said:
Man it feel so good to have Kamikatsu back. That week off was rough 😩

The CGI dino chase was even rougher, my God. I will never understand why they went with that style. It’s just so off-putting.

Damn, so I was wrong. I thought Gaia was actually gonna be a good person and that the flags were just a misdirection. Didn’t think she was actually a scumbag who’d manipulate and use the kids. I like how they showed the backstory of the kids as well, making them legitimate characters instead of just props. The little girl has to feel awful considering she’s been betrayed by her parents twice now.

And some more lore! Finally. So the archons are actually just enhanced humans who’ve had their memories wiped, except Gaia. Very interesting. The intrigue of this world just continues to captivate me. Even though there’s the hot girls and fanservice, the story is genuinely great. I really wanna know more about this old civilisation.

It’s no wonder Gaia is a shitty parent though. She was manipulated and abused by her mother too, so that’s all she can give.

Did they really censor a KISS???!! I’ve never seen that before. The black bars of censorship were out in full force today, ruined a couple of mommy dommy Gaia form scenes.

Finale next week, not ready at all to say goodbye to this show 😔

To make it videogame like since that's what a lot of isekai are so it's sort of parodying that but also an easy way to get around the trouble of animating a lot of different beasts in the show where some scenes have like 10 at a time. Likewise some episodes used animation mimicking pixel art sprites which supports my theory it's meant to look like an old videogame.

I saw through Gaia since it was clear she didn't merely act fishy but was doing a vetting process to find the most easily manipulatable kids and ignoring all others.

Censorship in anime has been getting weird in general lately and it's concerning. I may have to start just skipping seasonals all together waiting for their blueray release if this sort of thing carries on. I think the kiss may have had a lot of tongue and saliva is my guess. Im not sure if the censorship is from a law or studio policy or a policy of the channel it airs on or if it's a trick by the studio to make people buy more blueray releases.
Jun 29, 2023 9:00 PM
Apr 2023
A bit more of world building happened and we get to see what more Gaia can do. Well, Gaia is a greek god (a titan) and it's no surprise she can send out Typhon. It was indeed one of the scourges which the Olympians had trouble with.

I have to say, the studio probably is on the last drops of budget. Not only did it get delayed, it seems the animation is being notched down as well.
Jun 30, 2023 8:45 AM

Oct 2008
another excellent episode even with the goofy stuff!
looks Gaia cannot be turned into an ally of Yukito huh...
5/5.

Jun 30, 2023 2:24 PM
Apr 2021
Ok Gaia’s form at the end had me fucking go berserk over her bc she went from Loli sized to Ara Ara sized😫😫😫😫😫😫😩

And I love how this show has its Ecchi moment then it goes back to its serious dark tone so quickly and the CGI…man the CGI gave me a good laugh this episode I love how trash and incomplete it looks😭
Jun 30, 2023 2:51 PM

Jun 2015
Once seen cannot be unseen. The giant Mitama rolling stage is coming, I sensed the first beats. We better get rocking next eps!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 30, 2023 3:06 PM

Sep 2015
More over the top scenes!
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jun 30, 2023 3:41 PM
Nov 2018
Worst time to play the OP.
Jun 30, 2023 4:51 PM

Jun 2012
Good lord, even with a 1 week delay the quality of the animation managed to get worse lmao
Jun 30, 2023 9:27 PM
Jul 2021
br3nus said:
remember that everything is intentional in this show
Jun 30, 2023 11:36 PM
Oct 2014
why does this feel like there's no way they can finish this next ep like Mitama isn't at the goal , they need to fight Loki LIKE DA FAQ I feel this might get a S2
Jul 1, 2023 12:24 AM

Nov 2009
This is a really weird show but in a good way. The format is chaotic you cannot even tell if it's trying to be serous or funny.  Even the OP sequence is out of synch. I hope it gets a season 2. There is now way that we get a good conclusion in the next episode.
Jul 1, 2023 12:33 AM

Nov 2009
KANLen09 said:
The CGI dinosaurs come back again with Dakini saving the younger children!

The way to save Yukito: a live Mitama-band of all things lols, because it can, and sure as heck will do.
Now I'm really looking forward to the finale now...
This is definitely a satirical take on the power of worship. Though I like how they showed how manipulative and mutual religion can be. 
Jul 1, 2023 5:59 AM

Oct 2011
the band is back together LITERALLY

let's see what crazyness will happen in the final episode

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Jul 1, 2023 9:39 AM
May 2021
This anime gets Dark real quick 💀💀. That Gaia's Combat outfit looked dam good bruh 🔥🔥
Jul 1, 2023 10:58 AM
Apr 2023
br3nus said:
Yeah, I was like why the heck they play the happy song in dark story. like wtf
Jul 1, 2023 9:57 PM
Jun 2023
I hope that the mc could be upgraded xD
Jul 2, 2023 2:33 AM
Aug 2018
This is the dumpster fire I can't stop looking at.
The CGI is terrible, the poses the characters take after being in distress are hilariously off, and the action is just bad, but man am I having fun.
Jul 2, 2023 2:36 AM
Aug 2018
"Yukito's dead?"
beep beep, let's get outta here!

Dude, I'm dying.
Jul 2, 2023 2:39 AM
Aug 2018
The censored kiss has to be intentionally a joke, right?

The OP at that moment, lmao. This show is so tone-deaf.
JulesSugoiJul 2, 2023 2:43 AM
Jul 2, 2023 2:59 AM
Feb 2023
Horrible CGI and 20fps animation.
But still loved it.
Just want that the finale has awesome animation, cuz this was pretty, uhh...,
animatly challenged episode.
Jul 2, 2023 2:01 PM

Feb 2018
Well that was quite the cgi of an episode.
With Yukito and Mitama trapped I'm wondering how the others are going to be able to save them, especially with this monster that Gaia has created, and her true form is really something...
Jul 2, 2023 3:44 PM
Oct 2022
It just keeps getting more and more complicated.
Jul 2, 2023 10:51 PM

Apr 2014
I don't care: The cgi, just the story should be entertaining and acceptable
Jul 3, 2023 7:04 PM
Mar 2023
So the story of Gaia is that long before this current civilization, there was another that is where she was born, her "mother" had a sect and they used her as their "deity" to venerate her, even though they treated her more like a sacrifice than anything else, but in the end it ended up being revealed and he took out his nuke with a knife among all those in the group including his mother, from there he acquired a hatred and repulsion for religious groups that function as sects, after this I end up adopting the government and became an archon.
See you next cap to see how the problem is solved in a fight with the Friday Night Funkin format
Jul 5, 2023 7:01 AM

Jan 2013
haha gaia got slapped!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaminaki Sekai no Kamisama Katsudou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2023

103 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Aug 8, 5:56 PM

Poll: » Kaminaki Sekai no Kamisama Katsudou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2023

72 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Aug 5, 2:34 AM

Poll: » Kaminaki Sekai no Kamisama Katsudou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2023

121 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Aug 5, 2:30 AM

» what chapter does this get up in the manga

Darkrazor22 - Aug 2

7 by RGreatDanton »»
Aug 3, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Kaminaki Sekai no Kamisama Katsudou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2023

116 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Aug 3, 5:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.