3It was OK
23.4%
2Disliked it
4.7%
1Hated it
1.9%
Average 4.1
107 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2023 6:28 AM

Oct 2016
What an OVA, it was pretty much what I expected and more, 30 minutes runtime did feel a bit rushed at times, but the OVA was still short but sweet.

We finally get to see Coco's Setsuna, and she delivered!

Super excited for what's next especially with the announcement of 3 more theatrical releases!!!
Jun 23, 2023 7:03 AM

Feb 2020
My sweethearts. <3

Very good and wholesome OVA. :)

Cute maid outfits.

Lol at Aira. That facial expression.

SerafosJun 27, 2023 6:12 AM
Jun 23, 2023 10:11 AM
Feb 2021
PoiDere said:
What an OVA, it was pretty much what I expected and more, 30 minutes runtime did feel a bit rushed at times, but the OVA was still short but sweet.

Super excited for what's next especially with the announcement of 3 more theatrical releases!!!

where can we watch it ?
Jun 23, 2023 4:11 PM

Jul 2008
Jurn56 said:
PoiDere said:

where can we watch it ?
The RAW is out online already.
Jun 23, 2023 5:17 PM
Jul 2019
Instead of going abroad and promoting overseas, they did the opposite and let us experience what it's like to be in Love Live! pilgrimage in Tokyo.

This was also a Shioriko-focused episode. She had a lot more focus in the game, so I think this will satisfy her fans who thought she got the short end of the stick during season 2.

Now for the sequel film trilogy, it seems it will be focused on the teased "School Idol Grand Prix". Not exactly sure what it is but I hope it's a solo idol tournament.
Jun 23, 2023 11:25 PM

Apr 2014
I really want to eat Kanata's dishes, they were looking very delicious. Aira and Shioriko were very similar, and it must be Shioriko who bring Aira back on track.
School Idol GPX, this will be the main topic for the new trilogy theatrical releases.

btw, there were a lot of Easter Eggs from another Love Live series in this OVA
µ's - UTX building, Akihabara Station, Kanda Myojin, Cure Maid Cafe
Aqours - Numazu Products, Noppo-pan
Liella - Harajuku, Takeshita Street
Hasunosora - Kanazawa's Tsuzumimon Gate poster

Spotify's links for the new songs
https://open.spotify.com/album/5TC7PfR7DzArfyHw4HJU7j?si=5jcOQe1kQkSq3nx4DTcvvg
https://open.spotify.com/album/3URTuaSBGB0HUlXCo9mmEp?si=QbUyTj3EQ0qLY91gqLJj2Q
AkeZZZJun 23, 2023 11:29 PM
何それ?意味分かんない
Jun 27, 2023 3:23 AM

Oct 2021
Urgh, I'm sorry but the opening song was just awful. I always preferred jpop/j-idols because they almost never incorporate rap in their songs. I hope this doesn't continue.
Jun 27, 2023 4:22 AM

Apr 2014
SaltyCookie_ said:
Urgh, I'm sorry but the opening song was just awful. I always preferred jpop/j-idols because they almost never incorporate rap in their songs. I hope this doesn't continue.

It's R3BIRTH's song. In case you never listened to their songs before, they are quite different from your usual J-idol songs.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jun 28, 2023 2:19 PM

Oct 2018
As someone who absolutely loved S2 of Niji this OVA was good as expected, it just somehow felt a little off. The fast pace is a bit unusual for this gen and although obviously they had to finish the storyline in one episode I expected there to be a bit more focus on the new girl and Ayumu's relationship. Also I'm kinda not a fan of excessive "happy jingle" background music to the point where it actively starts to distract from the conversations the characters are having (pretty sure it wasn't THIS extreme in the two seasons). Anyway, I'm glad I was finally able to see the OVA and am definitely looking forward to the next few.
Jun 29, 2023 12:22 AM
Apr 2020
Of all Seiyuu under the age of 21 in any musical franchise, Coco Hayashi has the best first impression in an anime for me.
Jul 3, 2023 10:59 PM
Jul 2019
SaltyCookie_ said:

I assume you are an anime-only so you haven't been exposed to R3BIRTH's songs yet. This is a unit with an American and Chinese member.  Mostly everyone loves it but I understand your sentiments/preference.

These days, Love Live! releases new songs almost every week, there's a lot of variety — and R3BIRTH stands out due to having 2 bilingual cast members.
nevergainJul 3, 2023 11:32 PM
Jul 7, 2023 7:44 PM

Jan 2011
man was the CGI amazing it's too powerful now

while short despite getting a 30min run time i wasn't expecting a new character voiced by Nao  in it  we need that S3

music was fun didn't top the tracks from S2 though 
Jul 8, 2023 3:21 PM
Nov 2018
It was very cute, and wasn't expecting some Shioriko development during this OVA.  A simple story and you can only fill in so much in 30 mins, but it works for me. I recognized Penelope's VA as she does Maho from D4DJ, but surprised Aira was voice by Nao Toyama.
Jul 18, 2023 2:43 PM

Apr 2016
Amazing OVA. Hayashi Coco did great as Setsuna, even her singing felt like Setsuna! And the new character was voiced by Naobou aaa my heart!~

Everyone was so heckin cute, especially Shioriko with a ponytail got me 😳 😳
TriHard7
Jul 19, 2023 9:57 AM

Jul 2016
Wait. Wasn't this supposed to be a movie about Ayumu going to England? I could have sworn it was firstly announced as a movie last year...

Anyways, so-so OVA overall. Pacing felt weird and though Shioriko received some needed characterization, both Aira (or Isla?) and her relationship with Ayumu ended up being barely explored as a result.
Songs were okay tho. I liked the first one involving Shioriko, Lanzhu and Mia way more than the last one with the whole club.

5/10
Jul 28, 2023 5:57 PM

May 2018
SaltyCookie_ said:
Damn, people in 2023 still being all "ew yucky rap music". I thought you all got purged in 2005. 
Aug 14, 2023 8:18 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Like many above, I was expecting movie-length content and it felt like that crammed into a 30-minute OVA.

Rap at the start followed by that EDM track in the end, I thought I was watching D4DJ for a second.

Isla-san was an interesting addition but there was hardly any time for us to acclimatise with her. And we got zero information about her friend in the UK. Seeing Shiori-san loosen up a little bit was pretty nice though, I was expecting more Ayumu-chan content in all honesty. Good ol’ Engrish accent too.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 2, 2023 12:56 AM
Apr 2016
Very mid love live episode
Nothing happened
Just 3 randomly sang songs
Random interactions between members
Nothing new
Nothing gained
Still better than both seasons of Nijigaku -3 episodes of Kanata, Rina and QU4RTZ coz these were godlike
I just hoped for something better
Cool thing they put fans comments at the end
I wish they didn't use this qiuck sketchy artstyle that makes the characters look like rats or hamsters
Oct 25, 2023 10:18 PM
Feb 2020
Finally got to see it now that it is on Crunchyroll in the US! I enjoyed the OVA despite its short length.

Can’t wait to hear about the future three part theatrical releases planned to start next year and see more of the Nijigasaki High School Idol Club. At the same time, I hope Crunchyroll still continues to license the new theatrical releases.
Oct 29, 2023 3:41 PM

Jun 2021
Just when i wasn't expecting any more for this OVA to be released on Crunchyroll as well, it finally appeared instead even if still sort of hidden. Great... because this was honestly amazing once again. Couldn't notice until logging in here the nice discovery that Aira is voiced by the beautiful Nao Touyama (same voice of Yukiho Kosaka), but after Yoko Hikasa's double role as Kaoruko Mifune and Lailaps it wasn't that surprising at this point.

First the UTX and then the staircase that μ's went through during trainings, and that was already enough to make me cheer hard. Also other easter eggs to the following groups, but obviously the first two ones were my favorite.

Kasumin's face when she got recognized by casual fans after it happened to Karin. Just... beautiful.

"another apologies letter?" not gonna lie, i laughed at that moment and the following ones with the same theme, and that time of three years ago when almost everybody seemed to hate Lanzhu (myself included...) for the plot of SIFAS seem so far in the past now, even if her anime counterpart was never with the same difficult personality.

Obviously enjoyed the focus on Shioriko that i found interesting at first and relatable / adorable almost immediately after and it was even better how she made an effort to light on after talking with the best girl (for me) Ayumu. Important hair cut? No, hair bun. Less predictable, it's ok. About the song, i was thinking... "is this a solo one? No. A R3birth? No, not even the subunit." But my favorite song was the one playing during the live action pictures with the at this point typical Nijigasaki art style for the ending songs. Even if it was a fakeout and the time run wasn't over yet.

"Continues..." great. Nijigasaki girls are my favorite from the Love Live series after the OGs (μ's are seriously impossible to top), and after such a satisfying OVA once again i wasn't ready to greet them in anime adaptation for the actual last time.
Oct 30, 2023 2:32 AM
Mar 2018
Good to see Touyama Nao is still voicing English girls with American accents to this day.

Other than visuals, the only good thing I have to say about this episode is that I liked the 2 ending songs. The other songs were awful. It also felt really rushed despite nothing happening for most of it.
Nov 2, 2023 12:47 PM

Jan 2017
Reply to CottonModem
Good to see Touyama Nao is still voicing English girls with American accents to this day.

Other than visuals, the only good thing I have to say about this episode is that I liked the 2 ending songs. The other songs were awful. It also felt really rushed despite nothing happening for most of it.
@CottonModem That is true. But a least her English is good.
Dec 8, 2023 5:15 PM
May 2020
Ehh.. I mean I only truly enjoyed Muse and Aqours, I can't really enjoy newer groups and seasons. To me, Muse and Aqours sound more like idols and their music sounds like it, sure rap is good but its a bit too modern?? I don't think new love live seasons are bad but I can't fully enjoy them, can't wait to play SIF2 on global version and play their songs (from all of them) :)
Jan 20, 8:41 AM
Jan 2016
Loved seeing Shioriko getting out of her shell. The girls from London are super cute, I wish those cute outfits and hair colours were normal over here cx
Love those outfits for the end song with the cute jackets. The alternative ED was awesome as well.
May 11, 1:59 PM

Oct 2017
Nice short episode. Ayumu is back and with a foreigner with her. Isla was a nice girl, Touyama Nao voicing her too. I hope we get to see her in upcoming movie again, Penelope too. Was fun watching everyone again after a while.

More topics from this board

» PV / Setsuna new seiyuu

AkeZZZ - Mar 25, 2023

3 by Kayroad »»
Dec 29, 2023 1:10 PM

» Movie instead of TV series

ACasualViewer - Nov 24, 2022

12 by Gar_Logan »»
Jun 23, 2023 10:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.