3It was OK
14.1%
2Disliked it
2.9%
1Hated it
1.6%
Average 4.3
806 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 5, 2023 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
As usual, Saito's party gets attacked or encounters trouble on their adventure. 

What's actually more interesting this episode is that are certain powerful objects that exist in their world. Also, a lowkey shoutout to Primas this episode for her colorful personality. This episode also took a bit of a darker turn too.
Feb 5, 2023 6:59 AM

Apr 2014
This episode was suddenly turning into a depressing and dramatic episode.
You foolish fairy, Primas. What you did was not helping your friend at all, in another way it made everything gone worse.
何それ?意味分かんない
Feb 5, 2023 7:17 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Ayo, what just happened? The stakes suddenly are way higher with a mage that manipulated time, a demon god and all the secondary characters coming together along with the Ninja's backstory from what seemed to be just a gag. This was way sooner than I expected and I don't know where this is going anymore.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Feb 5, 2023 7:36 AM
Apr 2022
well, that escalated quickly
Feb 5, 2023 7:42 AM
Sep 2015
This whole messy drama can be avoided by just letting that hot ninja have the time artefact. Saito is the only one who get it right, and sadly no one listen to him.
Feb 5, 2023 8:15 AM

Mar 2020
Well... that happened. That was quite the tonal shift, and it suddenly has become dramatic and dark. Too bad they didn't just let them have the time artifact to save the witch.
Feb 5, 2023 8:25 AM

Oct 2017
That sure escalated fast. I feel like they could have come to an understanding if they talked things out but the Ninja's too desperate to do that. Watching all of the groups come together to help Saitou was nice.
Feb 5, 2023 8:29 AM
Sep 2020
Damn, this storybuilding and intertwining of seemingly independent gags put to shame movie shared universes, it came from no where and I say it as a good thing
Feb 5, 2023 8:32 AM
Aug 2021
ayy yo wtf just happened bro i thought this do be some sol calm isekai (and i dont hate it)
Feb 5, 2023 8:34 AM

Nov 2016
"Thicc" fairies? This anime is apparently catering to all fetishes.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 5, 2023 8:40 AM
Apr 2020
wow that sure loke a 180 turn ! I thought saitou will calm everyone and talk it out but the fairy has now summoned that spirit it's do or die now
Feb 5, 2023 8:42 AM

Feb 2016
great episode, turning from full comedy into tragic tones and it's only 5th ep.
Feb 5, 2023 9:00 AM

Feb 2019
Damn man I feel really bad for the ninja and his party. Things went from gag comedy to potential tragedy quickly. The use of flashbacks and intertwining narratives was really cool.

So is morlock the wizard who can control time and has just forgot or ? Was a little confused on that. I don’t think everyone makes it out this fight alive whether it’s primasse, the elf or someone else so we’ll def need some type of time magic.

Another awesome Saitou ep. Sucks the score for this is dropping
Feb 5, 2023 9:20 AM

Jan 2013
Marinate1016 said:
Damn man I feel really bad for the ninja and his party. Things went from gag comedy to potential tragedy quickly. The use of flashbacks and intertwining narratives was really cool.

So is morlock the wizard who can control time and has just forgot or ? Was a little confused on that. I don’t think everyone makes it out this fight alive whether it’s primasse, the elf or someone else so we’ll def need some type of time magic.

Another awesome Saitou ep. Sucks the score for this is dropping

I hate the ninja party. They are the epitome of ignorance and selfishness.
Feb 5, 2023 9:55 AM
Aug 2017
The 'feels' episode... I don't remember what happens after that, when I read it it stopped about there, so after this week it will be new for me! :D
Feb 5, 2023 11:28 AM
Nov 2014
Wow! Getting intense! I like how they connected everything. Good character designs too.
Feb 5, 2023 11:40 AM

Jul 2022
SHITTTTT ANOTHER CLIFFHANGERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAHHHHHHHHHH

Feb 5, 2023 11:46 AM
Feb 2015
I did come to this anime because I thought it'd be fun and have a good amount of comedy and whatnot, which it did in the first three episodes from time to time (though a lot of the fanservice comedy felt very tasteless), but now it's just all drama and suspense with the killing and whatnot, feeling very iffy with what was happening in episode 4 too, I ended up having to skip parts in this episode because it ended up becoming really unbearable to watch with all the dramatic pasts I honestly couldn't care much about and is no longer fun to watch so unfortunately I'm dropping this one.
And right at the end the black winged fairy brought up some errrr demon thing or whatever so I'm probably expecting some characters are gonna die in the next episode which is not something I wanna watch in a show like this.

I do like how they brought the characters together so the starting episodes leading up had a reason for showing each group's events prior to the main event but honestly I thought it would be more of a fun relaxing time just seeing Saitou's adventures doing his handyman stuff ahahah
Feb 5, 2023 11:51 AM
Jul 2015
Like wow man! This chill silly anime just got dark quick. I want to empathize with the Ninja's party but like they are kind of stupid and fucking themselves over. I guess the fairy's hatred for adventures is warranted but Jesus I don't know if her trauma is making her act irrationally or it is just bad planning of their group. Why are they starting shit by ambushing people if they need a wizard? Then the fairy trying to summon some great evil to kill everyone seems like a dumb move. 
Feb 5, 2023 12:39 PM

Jul 2020
this is the most intense episode yet
Feb 5, 2023 1:33 PM
Jun 2013
I agree on the ninja party making dumb things. The assassin one and only goal is to find the wizard that can save his loved. Yeah, probably the forgetful Saitou's buddy. The killing of powerful adventurers from the get-go makes no sense at all.
Feb 5, 2023 1:45 PM
Feb 2021
This episode got me so emotional! 😊
Feb 5, 2023 1:45 PM

Jun 2016
This series is not just comedy, I noticed some "DanMachi" vibes even before but in this episode they were stronger.
Feb 5, 2023 1:50 PM
Aug 2022
This show got real intense real quick, but I'm here for it!

I understand why everyone is saying they should just let the ninja have the Time Wizard artifact but to be fair it's his own fault that he hasn't gotten it, the others might've been more willing to listen if he hadn't gone around killing all the adventurers that he came across.

Really loving how a bunch of unrelated stories that seemed like one-off gags suddenly converged into a very interesting, complex and high-stakes story!

Feb 5, 2023 1:53 PM

Feb 2021
What a sad episode... I am glad that Franlil only lost her right ear. And Kisurugi is not so bad. He simply tried to save his beloved.
Feb 5, 2023 2:26 PM

Sep 2018
What the fuck just happened there!?

Okay, so everyone has a super sad back story, and so what, other people get to die because you fucked up, nice.

Ninja and co are all round fucking idiots.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Feb 5, 2023 3:17 PM
Dec 2021
This episode was both emotional and hilarious. Dude that fairy was forced to mate with spider😂
Feb 5, 2023 3:32 PM
Apr 2022
Pretty impressive how the show manages to make you care about a character you have seen less than five minutes of. I can’t wait for next week.
thunderkitten13Feb 5, 2023 5:28 PM
Feb 5, 2023 4:42 PM

Dec 2016
Sorry but I did laugh a bit at the end there. I mean, the fairy summons this powerful Berserk lookin' ass monstrosity in this extremely dramatic scene, all for it to just... take off half the elf's ear. And then everyone's screaming about it like it's any sort of life-threatening injury. Given how the thing looks, I think the elf got off lightly lmfao. Was almost expecting it to obliterate her entirely
Feb 5, 2023 5:55 PM

Dec 2022
well that escalated quickly!
Feb 5, 2023 6:19 PM

May 2010
They really got cooking this episode. Great fight and its fun seeing the whole cast come together.
Feb 5, 2023 6:24 PM
Jul 2020
No no no no no no no no NO! I don't wanna watch Witch to die. I don't wanna watch Saitou to die! i don't wanna watch Assassin to die! I don't wanna watch Dark Fairy to die! I don't wanna watch any od them to die! I don't wanna!  I don't wanna!  I don't wanna! I DON'T WANNA! 
Feb 5, 2023 6:41 PM
Oct 2020

At least use spoiler tag
Feb 5, 2023 7:57 PM
Feb 2021
Talk about telegraphing the storyline. They continue to talk about “time reversal” magic. So they’re going to melodramatic-ly have serious things happen and reverse it all for a happy ending. I was ok with show until this episode, and it’s a little disappointing.
Feb 5, 2023 8:15 PM

Feb 2022
The tone for this show is all over the place, it's fine to have a mix but the execution just isn't there.

I can empathize with the ninja and his pals when it comes to their goal but I feel no sympathy for them or how they chose to go about saving the witch. While I can appreciate Saitou's peaceful attitude it certainly was foolish and I'm glad other around him pointed out why it wasn't a possibility. Honestly I would love to know why he needed to keep attacking and killing random adventurers to find the time mage... feels like he could do that without causing unnecessary conflict. They basically were swatting at a bee hive to get to the honey.

Also why show that the elf only lost her ear in that attack... not much of a tense cliffhanger when you see she only lost an ear, if anything they should have showed her get attacked and falling but don't show how damaged she is till the next episode.

I'm interested in learning more about Morlock now, his past is getting more interesting for sure. Seems more than old age is at play with is memory.
Feb 5, 2023 8:43 PM
Jul 2014
Master! Your true name is... *Kunai to the face*
Feb 5, 2023 10:40 PM

Oct 2016
Holy shit, I didn't expect that wholesome story with the Ninja and Witch to turn depressing. 

This the kind of shit you'd see in the last episode where everyone comes together, but we're only at the 5th episode. Honestly hope we get a happy ending for everyone.
Feb 6, 2023 1:06 AM

Feb 2021
borderliner said:
What the fuck just happened there!?

Okay, so everyone has a super sad back story, and so what, other people get to die because you fucked up, nice.

Ninja and co are all round fucking idiots.
They are idiots, yes, but even in their group as you noticed there are fraternal bonds. Even among the most creepy and fallen demons. I don't justify his horrible behavior, no, I simply understand the power of love which can overcame all. That is why I rate Benriya so high, 9 from me.
thunderkitten13 said:
Pretty impressive how the show manages to make you care about a character you have seen less than five minutes of. I can’t wait for next week.
Yes, I simply cried when watching this episode.
Mesacboy said:
Sorry but I did laugh a bit at the end there. I mean, the fairy summons this powerful Berserk lookin' ass monstrosity in this extremely dramatic scene, all for it to just... take off half the elf's ear. And then everyone's screaming about it like it's any sort of life-threatening injury. Given how the thing looks, I think the elf got off lightly lmfao. Was almost expecting it to obliterate her entirely
I agree, their reactions were pretty funny when Franlil lost only her right ear. I think they were shocked, that is why they reacted in such a dramatic way.
gannoncannon55 said:
well that escalated quickly!
linkmax1412 said:
They really got cooking this episode. Great fight and its fun seeing the whole cast come together.
Yes, power of friendship. Such little details and sketchy dating when Benriya and his group have done seemingly nothing significant for them, turns out to such great reunion. I was pretty amazed himself by their encounter and how they helped each other casting aside all their doubts and disagreements. It is wonderful indeed! I cried when I saw how all groups united to fight a common enemy.
GarudoHS said:
No no no no no no no no NO! I don't wanna watch Witch to die. I don't wanna watch Saitou to die! i don't wanna watch Assassin to die! I don't wanna watch Dark Fairy to die! I don't wanna watch any od them to die! I don't wanna!  I don't wanna!  I don't wanna! I DON'T WANNA! 
I am sure that Saitou hasn't died. It was the doppelgänger spell as Morlock mentioned at the end of the episode. He can't die so easily. Otherwise what we will be told throughout the subsequent series.
sakio327 said:
Talk about telegraphing the storyline. They continue to talk about “time reversal” magic. So they’re going to melodramatic-ly have serious things happen and reverse it all for a happy ending. I was ok with show until this episode, and it’s a little disappointing.
Sadly yes. It was such a heave episode. I hope that all ends good in the end.
Droebie said:
The tone for this show is all over the place, it's fine to have a mix but the execution just isn't there.

I can empathize with the ninja and his pals when it comes to their goal but I feel no sympathy for them or how they chose to go about saving the witch. While I can appreciate Saitou's peaceful attitude it certainly was foolish and I'm glad other around him pointed out why it wasn't a possibility. Honestly I would love to know why he needed to keep attacking and killing random adventurers to find the time mage... feels like he could do that without causing unnecessary conflict. They basically were swatting at a bee hive to get to the honey.

Also why show that the elf only lost her ear in that attack... not much of a tense cliffhanger when you see she only lost an ear, if anything they should have showed her get attacked and falling but don't show how damaged she is till the next episode.

I'm interested in learning more about Morlock now, his past is getting more interesting for sure. Seems more than old age is at play with is memory.
I am also interested in Morlock's past.

As for ninja and his group it is difficult: he fell in love, demons respect him. Kisurugi simply tries to save his beloved, that is all, nothing more. Of course it is awful towards others, but I doubt that we ever think about others when we fall in love. We can condemn it but nothing will change.

About why Saitou always climbs into battle when he is not asked: as I understand this way he tries and wants to be useful to the group as in his real world all he do he serviced people.
sKyBlazer08 said:
Holy shit, I didn't expect that wholesome story with the Ninja and Witch to turn depressing. 

This the kind of shit you'd see in the last episode where everyone comes together, but we're only at the 5th episode. Honestly hope we get a happy ending for everyone.
I perfectly understand you! Hope for the happy ending too! It was such a tragic and heavy episode for all the groups.

Interesting detail: monster is the same as in the other author's work  Vs Earth.
MemoreFeb 6, 2023 1:45 AM
Feb 6, 2023 1:35 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Those sliced-off wings be moving at 60fps

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Feb 6, 2023 1:45 AM
Jun 2017
why didn't understand tho, is my the assassin didn't just asked nicely... Because it's not by killing his friends & family that he'll get cooperative is it?

or maybe the grand magician that can controle time is not him?
Feb 6, 2023 1:46 AM

Jul 2022
10 people shamelessly taking on a ninja who's fighting for love.
Feb 6, 2023 1:51 AM

Feb 2021
Say-My-Name said:
10 people shamelessly taking on a ninja who's fighting for love.
Sadly yes. So tragic episode for both the ninja and other groups.
Arkiim said:
why didn't understand tho, is my the assassin didn't just asked nicely... Because it's not by killing his friends & family that he'll get cooperative is it?

or maybe the grand magician that can controle time is not him?
Ninja is not a magician that controls time, it is someone other, maybe even Morlock. We will learn that in the following episodes.
MemoreFeb 6, 2023 1:58 AM
Feb 6, 2023 2:30 AM

Nov 2021
they did a complete 180 here. And they all just watched when the Dark Fairy was summoning or turning urghh could have at least thrown some magic. I hate this trope whatever they call it.

No comedy in this episode :(

Feb 6, 2023 3:13 AM

Feb 2021
The Ninja accidentally aggro’d a lot more than he could probably handle… fat fairy went and unleashed some demonic pillar, how will the good guys take that thing down? Let’s see.

Honestly kinda tired of the boring environment designs of these tunnels. Show’s fun though.
Feb 6, 2023 3:42 AM

Mar 2018
Did I accidentally slip into a different timeline where Benriya Saitou is not a comedy anime? Waiting for a punchline the entire episode but it ended without one at all and left with feels and cliffhangers. Not that I'm complaining tho.

Feb 6, 2023 4:10 AM

Nov 2010
It seems the author never forgot to insert a gag into serious part; Was the scene necessary the black-winged fairy to overeat to grow fat?
Feb 6, 2023 4:44 AM

Jun 2016
the fuck !! i thought this pure comedy !!
Feb 6, 2023 6:38 AM

Dec 2022
the ninja wants to protect his loved ones but i gotta ask does he have to kill to do that
Feb 6, 2023 7:20 AM
Feb 2021
Didn't expect this sudden shift in tone but im all for it!
Feb 6, 2023 7:22 AM
Feb 2021
It makes sense tbh, he doesn't know if anyone already has the artifact so he's killing the high ranked adventurers to bring down the competition and make sure no one has the stuff he needs. Hes pretty desperate it seems.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Benriya Saitou-san, Isekai ni Iku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2023

126 by pleasedfish »»
Sep 20, 11:00 AM

Poll: » Benriya Saitou-san, Isekai ni Iku Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2023

58 by aslancs »»
Sep 19, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Benriya Saitou-san, Isekai ni Iku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2023

129 by VCSMaster »»
Aug 25, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Benriya Saitou-san, Isekai ni Iku Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2023

87 by VCSMaster »»
Aug 15, 9:20 PM

» There's a saddening amount of people who want to see a proper arc in this show.

Say-My-Name - Jan 22, 2023

33 by Talamare »»
Jul 5, 9:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.