3It was OK
17.1%
2Disliked it
3.9%
1Hated it
2.4%
Average 4.1
205 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2022 11:17 AM

Jul 2017
LMAO the ending credits-like feeling from the get-go. Anyways, ZINGS's 2nd Anniversary Concert is here, and everyone's all to the ball...er, I mean, hall.

Basically, all the songs that have been prepped throughout the anime's run are all presented here with all new songs featured, and Yoshino is still the duo's spokesperson to instill comedy with Niyodo onstage.

But still, 2 years from a small but dedicated fanbase to the sell-out crowd, ZINGS has grown from strength to strength, and Niyodo...certainly has grown into letting Asahi manifest his idol life for the final ballad song "Overcome The Lost" used as an encore, which is really good.

A decent ending given all the preparation for the T-Day. But still, while this show has its highs and lows to a generally mixed reception, I really enjoyed what it has to offer.

Keep it up ZINGS, and we'll see you when time calls for it.
Sep 2, 2022 11:23 AM

Apr 2014
Ankoru! Ankoru! Ankoru! Ankoru! Ankoru!
Basically, this episode is a ZINGS' concert digest. See you again in the next stage!
何それ?意味分かんない
Sep 2, 2022 11:26 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
A concert of all their songs as the last episode, well it fits the theme for sure even though I'm not really into these kinds of songs so I didn't enjoy this last episode much but anyway I surprisingly really liked this anime because I didn't expect it to have this kind of parody and cynical humor aspect for a male idol show, Niyodo's personality was really hilarious, I'm gonna miss him xD But according to the very end looks like we're getting another season? :o
Sep 2, 2022 11:35 AM
Sep 2015
I'll never get an encore tradition
Sep 2, 2022 11:43 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Wait, this is the last one?!! I didn't even notice!
Well, Yoshino and Niyodo performed the OP song beautifully.
Niyodo is already tired though xD.
The next song is also really nice!
The fan club is very happy hearing Niyodo as always lol. I will never forget you, devoted Niyodo lovers! This may be the last episode but your devotion will forever remain in my heart!
They found his words very deep lol.
Setouchi is also at the concert, I'm glad to see he's getting closer to accept his love for ZINGS as each concert goes on xD.
No on called for an encore and Setouchi is about to think of doing it himself...but then the fan club and everyone call for it!
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL SIGHT OF UNITY!
It was nice to see Asahi happy about her time in ZINGS and she won't ascend yet! She will stay with Niyodo until ZINGS are top idols!
'BEYOND THE FINALE!'

What a great show, I won't forget the fun on every Friday I had watching it!
Hope we get a season 2!
Rem4lifexDSep 2, 2022 11:49 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Sep 2, 2022 11:46 AM

Feb 2019
Is it me or does hidive only have Portuguese subs lol? Time to put this degree to use

Ok was able to get thru the episode after dusting off my Portuguese dictionaries lol. I think it was a nice conclusion to the show. Ultimately Asahi started off just wanting to perform again, but wanted to also help Niyodo get over his mental blocks and perform to the best of his abilities. Both were able to happen today which was nice. I’m glad Asahi didn’t disappear at the end and can hopefully hang around ZINGS for a while yet.

Loved the scene of Niyodo asking Asahi to accompany him on stage as she was an important member of the group!

The fan club quickly became the best part of this show tho. They have really carried the second half and made it much more enjoyable. I’ll miss them. Overall I feel like this show started off really well in episode 1 and 2, and died off a little bit from 3-7 or so before picking up again. It was an enjoyable ride though.
Marinate1016Sep 2, 2022 12:16 PM
Sep 2, 2022 12:01 PM
May 2020
Ultimately this only works so well because of the fans!
May Kazuki and Yuuya (with Asahi) take Zings to the next level!!
Sep 2, 2022 12:51 PM
Oct 2020
I enjoyed this more than I expected I would. This last ep was just so-so for me but overall this was decent. 6.5/10
Sep 2, 2022 1:04 PM
Sep 2013
This episode was a "nothing happening" episode, it was an entire show episode, until it wasn't bad for a farewell episode, seeing as they adapted all the material in episode 8 if I'm not mistaken.
This anime completely exceeded my expectations, honestly, I don't like idol anime but this one surprised me positively, probably because we have a couple as main characters, and by couple I mean a man and a woman and not necessarily that they are together, although I wanted Asahi to be alive, if the author in the future put it as if she was in a coma but the media put it as if she was dead it would be very good.
If this anime had only female idols I wouldn't have seen or liked it, if it had only the male idols I wouldn't have seen or liked it either.
7/10
One thing I have to point out is that the manga is from 2017 but so far there was only material for the anime to reach episode 8 and these last 2 episodes are filler if I'm not mistaken, so what was the reason for adapting this manga for anime? I liked it but honestly from what was shown I don't see any reason to have adapted this work for anime, since it doesn't seem like a popular work to me, this work seems to me that it's a work that would be more successful with people who don't like idols or something so, and it doesn't have enough content to do a full arc and get to episode 12, so it seems to me that someone random funded the production for whatever reason.

PT-BR

Esse episodio foi um episodio sem “nada acontecendo”, foi um episódio inteiro de show, até que não foi ruim para um episódio de despedida, visto que eles adaptaram todo o material no episodio 8 se não estou enganado.
Esse anime superou completamente minhas expectativas, sinceramente, eu não gosto de anime de idols mas esse me surpreendeu positivamente, provavelmente porque temos um casal como personagens principais, e por casal digo um homem e uma mulher e não necessariamente que eles estão juntos, embora eu quisesse que a Asahi estivesse viva,se o autor no futuro colocar como se ela tivesse em coma mas a mídia colocou como se ela estivesse morta ia ser muito bom.
Se esse anime tivesse só idols femininas eu não teria visto nem gostado,se tivesse só a parte de idols masculina eu também não veria nem teria gostado.
7/10
Uma coisa que eu tenho que pontuar, é que o manga é de 2017 mas até agora só tinha material pro anime chegar até o episodio 8 e esses 2 últimos episodio são filler se eu não estou enganado, então qual foi o motivo de adaptarem esse manga para anime? Eu gostei mas sinceramente pelo que foi mostrado não vejo motivo para terem adaptado essa obra para anime,visto que não me parece uma obra popular,essa obra me parece que é uma obra que faria mais sucesso com as pessoas que não gostam de idols ou algo assim,e ela não tem conteúdo o suficiente para fazer um arco completo e chegar até o episodio 12,então pra mim parece que alguém random bancou a produção por sei lá qual motivo.
Sep 2, 2022 3:34 PM
Apr 2020
I wasn't sure what to expect for the last episode but I think they nailed it. The concert was great, once the encore call started I was like "They gotta have Asahi do the encore, right?", and they did, it was so good. That "See You Again" at the end maybe a hint for season 2?
Sep 2, 2022 4:09 PM

Nov 2019
Loved how they ended things with the final concert, Niyodo sure has grown through the anime as a whole

Encore! Encore!! Encore!!! ZINGS fans finally get to say that magic word, I'm so happy for them

Hm, season 2 when??

6.5/10 for me, a nice edition to the season and definitely quite a different one from other idol anime that's for sure~
Sep 2, 2022 4:27 PM
Jul 2015
I discovered this title ‘cause my loved Nao Toyama was part of the cast and even male idols are not my thing, this series was funny to watch. It doesn’t carry a big message or an outstanding production. This is to entertaining you while watching it and it fills its purpose.
Sep 2, 2022 5:07 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I loved that this final episode was basically a whole concert, sure it’s the same not-so-good CGI we’re used to but I’m honestly not bothered by it, especially since the music is great, and I’m a sucker for a live concert lol. And Asashi did eventually take Niyodo’s place, but I like the way he worded it, Asahi is a member of ZINGS now and it only makes sense for her to be part of it. And of course the reactions from the fans was a delight as always, a very nice final episode indeed, glad this stayed fun to the end.

Personally, I loved this one, definitely a hidden gem of the season. I really enjoyed the characters the most, Niyodo and Yoshino were a fun contrasting duo, and Asahi was always such a delight, I absolutely love her. And you can’t forget the fans, they kinda took me back to Oshi ga Budokan which was also very fan focused and also a show I adored, such fun characters and they were always hilarious, I wish more idol anime would do something like this where the fans are more involved.

The music was excellent as well, loved the OP and the selection of EDs, and the insert songs slapped too, I guess you could say I’m a fan of ZINGS now too lol, but really I’m glad this idol anime had slapping jams to go with it. It’s a shame this was only 10 episodes but it was 10 great episodes, I hope this gets another season in the future. And this was my first Summer 2022 anime to end, it’s been an awesome season.
Sep 2, 2022 6:51 PM

May 2021
There was some good stuff in the Asahi and Niyodo interactions and Niyodo coming to like idol shows a bit more but overall, it's too dull. The CGI and it's contrast with the 2-D animations doesn't look very good either.

Sep 2, 2022 10:51 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Damn. I was not expecting to get hit with the feels when this entire series was so comedy heavy. My eyes went a bit glassy hearing that encore. I felt like it stopped being an anime, or maybe I got sucked into a flash back of a real anniversary/graduation of an idol group.
Sep 2, 2022 11:00 PM
Jan 2022
it looks like ps3 era MMD and im all for it
Sep 3, 2022 4:14 AM

Oct 2016
That was a nice 10 episode idol show. Honestly did not expect to get the feels when I first watched this show, but the madlads did it.

ZINGS wouldn't be ZINGS without those crazy ass fans lmao. 7/10
Sep 3, 2022 6:09 AM
May 2022
Went back here as promised for the last episode and sadly I skipped 7 and 8. Thought Yoshino would be able to find out about Asahi's presence and why Niyodo shifts himself from being unmotivated to ecstatic during live concerts, but I guess it will be a different story for another season, but it may not possible because the anime garnered fewer attention.

7/10 since the implied "bromance" between the ZINGS duo (like I do lowkey ship Niyodo & Yoshino okay?) is what sold me at first sight. Still, not a fan of Setouchi acting like a sore pain in the *censor*.
StarryFruittySep 3, 2022 6:15 AM
Sep 3, 2022 10:42 AM

Oct 2017
I've struggled to sit through the dance sequences in this show (seriously, why is the 3D animation always so bad in idol anime), but overall I thought this series was good. I didn't expect the last episode to be almost entirely just the concert. I think someone else in this thread said that all the material from the manga has been adapted? I guess there wasn't anywhere else to go with the story. I wouldn't hate to see a season two of this, but it's nicely self-contained as is.
Sep 3, 2022 8:05 PM
Dec 2021
A lighthearted comedy show and very fun to watch. CG is still not great but I think it's to be expected in a show like this... Their voice actors did a pretty good job with the songs though! I really enjoyed it. The end made it look like they were getting a season two, and I honestly doubt it, but if it did I would watch it!
(Oh! I also found out yesterday that Niyodo has the same voice as Akito in Project Sekai!)
RubySereneSep 3, 2022 8:09 PM
Sep 4, 2022 12:40 AM
Feb 2022
I love the relationships between idols and fans that bring positive feedback to both sides.

----------
Hope I can be someone's Chikara one day...
Sep 4, 2022 1:15 AM

Nov 2012
It was a good show!

My Candies:

Sep 4, 2022 9:21 AM

Nov 2015
WOOOOAAAAAH I ENJOYED THIS MORE THAN I EXPECTED I WOULD! i'm not into idols anime but i'm a big fan of their projects, anyways this was so good! funny characters, catchy songs and i loved the growth of zings as a group! even CGI was good lol

i'm honestly sad to see this go, hope we get a season 2!!

younger brothers of the death painting wombs,
lend me your strength!! fire!!
like Esou... I must fight with grace!
like Kechizu... I must fight freely!!
and like Yuji... I must fight with power!!!

deliveriescollectionreverie sonata
amazing set by ec secret snowman < 333
Sep 5, 2022 6:24 PM

Jan 2011
fun lil idol anime hard carried by it's highly unhealthy but fun to watch fans would watch another season just to see them fangirl like crazy

flat 7/10
Sep 7, 2022 9:10 AM
Jan 2017
im very enjoy this anime from first to last episode,,
i laught a lot cause it comedy, very interesting relationship between yuuya and the ghost idol Asahi-chan,,
last episode im love the stage song, dance (i dont mind with3d cgi thought) and the fans dialog is very funny,,
that song called Norikoete lost is best song for me,, good anime 7/10
Sep 8, 2022 7:46 AM

Aug 2021
What can I say? A normal but fun anime...
Sep 9, 2022 10:37 AM

Jul 2017
RinkuTheFirst said:
I think someone else in this thread said that all the material from the manga has been adapted? I guess there wasn't anywhere else to go with the story. I wouldn't hate to see a season two of this, but it's nicely self-contained as is.
Not quite correct, it's the translated material so far that's up to Volume 2 of the manga (the RAWs are already up to Vol 4), though the chapter pages aren't that long.
Sep 19, 2022 3:15 PM

Jul 2015
Overall decent series although I wish they shortened the crazy fan scenes, Niyodo apathethic personality sure made this fun to watch

Oct 2, 2022 1:03 AM

Oct 2013
Hope we get a S2.
Too funny!
Oct 5, 2022 3:08 PM

Apr 2008
I am glad I decided to watch this anime, I was not even expecting to like it at all. It's now one of my favorite idol anime...as they are usually a miss for me. It was a very fun anime got a lot of good laughs from me....wish it was at least 12 episodes though. I really enjoyed the fact that Niyodo didn't really seem to change his personality he just seems to like his job a bit more at the end 😂. Hoping for a season 2. IDK where the manga is caught up to but I wish at least Yoshino and Setouchi find out about Mogami possessing him. Hoping for a season 2 or OVA at least!
Oct 8, 2022 11:38 AM
Apr 2022
Best episode ever!! It was a great idea to have the last episode as a concert! I really enjoyed it!! I hope that we get a season 2 or OVA!!! ZINGS FOR SMILE!!!
Oct 21, 2022 2:55 PM

Feb 2012
Niyodo did his best to give Asahi a sendoff but she's not leaving rhe Earthly plane any time soon.

For the first time, ZINGS fans request an encore, and Niyofo gives Asahi a chance to be an idol again.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 16, 9:36 AM

Feb 2020
Nice concert.

Overall, an average show. I just found this a little boring. Also, some of the characters were annoying.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami Kuzu☆Idol Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 26, 2022

19 by Serafos »»
Jul 16, 9:36 AM

» Why do you like this show?

SofiaBulga - Sep 24, 2022

12 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Feb 22, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Kami Kuzu☆Idol Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 19, 2022

19 by Rena1Circulati0n »»
Oct 16, 2022 9:42 PM

Poll: » Kami Kuzu☆Idol Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 5, 2022

19 by Seven »»
Oct 4, 2022 4:49 PM

» is this show worth it?

PiizzaPoser - Aug 31, 2022

9 by Collins89 »»
Oct 2, 2022 12:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.