3It was OK
21.9%
2Disliked it
2.7%
1Hated it
1.4%
Average 4.1
73 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2022 11:16 AM

Jul 2017
The Farmer's Handsome Ikemen continues...into the Sports Day-like festival with ZINGS and Cgrass.

Haha, I love how hardcore the fans can get when their idols do ridiculous stuff like these, but for Niyodo, no thanks, but forced thanks to Cgrass keader Hikaru Setouchi whom wants his life because of his relations to Asahi. And no matter how Niyodo forced him to revert, Setouchi just won't let him go, even going as far as to analyze his every detail down to the T that plagiarizes her every distinct move. Setouchi's definitely a hardcore fan of Asahi, though that accident definitely left him scarred of his motivation, more than accusing Niyodo of being Asahi (which is true).

There is a clear difference when Niyodo has and has not Asahi infused within himself, and Niyodo forced by Setouchi's hand, he eventually has to do everything himself at one point without her, though at the expense of his usual Loser Mode unmotivation, even so much as to move new fans.

Niyodo's about to give up, and Asahi only realizes when she infuses into his body, which feels heavy when he forces himself. The criticism talk continues, and this is when Asahi realizes that Setouchi's talking to her directly but with Niyodo as a catalyst, a hardcore fan's cry of advice to quit idoling altogether.

The Farmers' Handsome Sports Day event...just keeps on rolling, and sure it caused a lot of controversy with their "friendship". As for Setouchi...might've found his 'national price' cap with a dog of all things...which happens to be his weakness. And as surmised, idols be strong before their fans, no weaknesses.

Till now, Niyodo and Asahi's agreement is a win-win proposition, and it will still be that way, dead or alive.
Aug 5, 2022 11:22 AM
Sep 2015
Wait so there's a dog breeder idol as well? Just how many types of idol are there!
Aug 5, 2022 11:32 AM

Feb 2020
Heh. That sports event was a little too much for Niyodo.
Aug 5, 2022 11:40 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Setouchi knows a lot about Asahi! He takes offense at Niyodo 'copying' her...
Seems Niyodo will have to do all the idol activities himself for now xD.
He doesn't have much motivation in the sports festival lol.
We got to see the amazing Niyodo fan club again! Setouchi also turned up for the handshake.
Niyodo has a new fan! And he managed to bring a smile to her face as well as her confirmation she would come to an event again!
He collapsed! Asahi possesses him and Setouchi aids him to the first aid room. He asks him to quit being an idol.
I was happy that Asahi got to see that she still had fans.
Next is the cavalry battle! (Which they lose).
Then the scavenger hunt! Niyodo brings Yoshino as a close friend and they manage to finish first!
Setouchi's challenge was to find a dog and he sure is a tough idol carrying it even though he is afraid of them.

Looking forward to the next episode!
Rem4lifexDAug 5, 2022 11:48 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Aug 5, 2022 12:24 PM

May 2021
Well, turns out I was right, almost. He's still a fan of her. That's certainly good news for Asahi.

Aug 5, 2022 1:35 PM

Feb 2019
One of my fave episodes. Setouchi is just a massive fanboy at heart and wants to protect asashi’s legacy. I was worried that he legit hated Niyodo last week. You can tell that hearing she still has fans and still matters to people was a massive boost for asahi
Aug 5, 2022 6:48 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
A handsome men contest which is basically this show’s version of a sports festival was very fun. After his encounter with Setouchi, Niyodo decides to take on the challenges of the contest without Asahi’s help and it was great to see, I especially loved the handshake bit, he blew that new fan away lol.

Of course Asahi took over eventually after Niyodo collapsed, and this also made for some great moments like the scavenger hunt which gave us some great reactions from the fangirls. And Setouchi’s mentality when it comes to being an idol is interesting, it’s also funny how he’s talking about Asahi to Asahi lol. I’m definitely enjoying that plot so far, and it looks like Asahi still wants to do idol stuff herself, which is understandable but I’m wondering what will come of that.

And nice Cgrass ED, it was very good.
Aug 5, 2022 9:39 PM
May 2022
Gosh dang, Setouchi has gotten a bit unlikable and he has the nerve to tell Asahi while possessing Niyodo to quit being in the spotlight and still proclaims himself to be her fan? BULLROAR!😠

Literally the equivalent of a toxic fanboy who is overly condescending and a pain in the *censor* compared to an avid fan hired by a war tactician on a mission to make an ambitious, amiable singer from the nightclub reign in stardom.

3/5 I would forgive at least for Niyodo trying his earnest on becoming a better person without Asahi and more of his "friendship" moments with Yoshino.
StarryFruittyAug 5, 2022 10:01 PM
Aug 6, 2022 1:44 AM

Dec 2020
IKEMEN SPORTS DAYYY!! so its kinda like isaac right?? thats awesome lol i used to look forward to these sm

but ergggh. "if you dont enjoy it, then quit being an idol" (or whatever he said) L line. im pretty sure at least half the idustry doesn Enjoy being an idol most of the time. its a Job, and just like any other job, you do what you're told to, what youre Supposed to do and then you get your reward. your payment. romanticizing idol life will never not irk me like ?😭 who tf enjoys practice dancing 10+ hours a day while being on a strict diet. then having the people that support you invade your shit and make you uncomfortable most of the time. yeah they "signed up for it themselves" but most of them were like, what, 14-21 then. thats soooo 😧😧😧. but i know this show isnt trying anything like that, its just supposed to be a nice and funny light hearted watch, im just ranting bc Im not feeling this certain part lol

that new fan absolutely loving niyodo's personality was cute. need more of those to be shown
Aug 6, 2022 2:14 AM

Jun 2021
I was wondering how the whole Setouchi and Niyodo situation would play out. Didn’t think he would be a such an Asahi super fan though lol. The dude really made a whole damn website to “investigate Niyodo”! Niyodo imagining Setouchi as Asahi was hilarious and equally disturbing lol. Well, at least Niyodo got a free autograph out of that whole insane interaction.

Poor Niyodo was practically a zombie during that whole event (I love that his fans call that his “loser mode” as compared to his “god mode” lol). I respect what he’s trying to do, but you can tell he hates this. That new fan got the dead fish eyes plus that “kill me now” sigh. Lucky! Haha.

Yoshino is pretty adorable. Poor guy must have really been ignored by Niyodo for a long time! In the end, everything kind of worked out, though I think I’ll have to keep an eye on Setouchi. I wonder if there’s gonna be a way for Asahi to do something for her fans? I guess that might be towards the end though. She might end up passing on it she fulfills that wish.
Aug 6, 2022 11:22 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows that Nyodo wants to make an effort to show what he's really like since Hikaru realized that everything Nyodo does looks like he's mocking Asahi
Aug 6, 2022 4:23 PM
May 2022
If Setouchi keeps being an entitled b****, I would easily drop this or call upon someone to roast him to crisp because idols are NOT equivalent to a deity.

Good thing it's only 10 episodes.😤
Aug 10, 2022 4:53 AM

Aug 2017
"I wanna go home." My constant mood xD
I wander why he didn't tell her the truth. He seemed so caring at that moment. I can guess he didn't want to worry her. So, why is he called a trash idol in this anime? ⋋_⋌
Aug 10, 2022 2:25 PM

Feb 2012
woo Setouchi is such a obsessed fan, he dam analysed and compared Niyodo's statements and poses with Asahi's.

So the sports day has an idol group themed after vegetables and another parodying Daft Punk?

Asahi knows Setouchi is her fan now. From the preview, he won't stop checking up on Niyodo to make sure he isn't "copying" Asahi soon. It will be trickier for her to take over Niyodo's body.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Aug 14, 2022 8:49 AM
Apr 2022
this anime is so fun i really enjoy watching it
Aug 15, 2022 6:13 PM
Jun 2021
good, enjoyable and funny!
Aug 17, 2022 2:55 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So Setouchi is really a good guy after all and he's still highly dedicated to his passion for Asahi, I found it cute, that kind of festival was already pretty fun the crowd got what they wished for xD
Sep 7, 2022 9:26 PM

Dec 2016
Asahi should've been in Zombieland Saga XD

The close friend part, I wish Niyodo was in his cold mode when getting Yoshino, that would've been more heartwarming.
Sep 19, 2022 5:04 AM

Jul 2015
Pretty hilarious to see everyone's reaction to Niyodo bringing Yoshino as his close friend.

Also must be awkard having to do the cavalry thing on your own when you're a solo idol.

Oct 4, 2022 4:49 PM

Apr 2008
Setouchi's reaction when Niyodo said he didn't know who his idol group was 😂

and then this image 🤣

SevenOct 4, 2022 4:54 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami Kuzu☆Idol Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 2, 2022

32 by Serafos »»
Jul 16, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Kami Kuzu☆Idol Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 26, 2022

19 by Serafos »»
Jul 16, 9:36 AM

» Why do you like this show?

SofiaBulga - Sep 24, 2022

12 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Feb 22, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Kami Kuzu☆Idol Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 19, 2022

19 by Rena1Circulati0n »»
Oct 16, 2022 9:42 PM

» is this show worth it?

PiizzaPoser - Aug 31, 2022

9 by Collins89 »»
Oct 2, 2022 12:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.