3It was OK
18.1%
2Disliked it
5.2%
1Hated it
4.7%
Average 4.0
807 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 30, 2022 10:28 AM

Nov 2011
That swimsuit shopping segment was comedy gold, especially with Shikimori's reactions. Her friends just love to tease.

Izumi's phone call scenes with Shikirmori was sweet imo. I'm sure those two will make some great memories for the Summer season.
Apr 30, 2022 10:36 AM

May 2020
Oh please don't tell me, the guy whose entire existence is synonymous with the word “bad luck” to begin with is planning to go on a beach trip of all things, please no. Also why they’ve to make us realize every other minute of every other episode just how cool, super-duper cool Shikimori is, it’s already the most well known fact after earth isn't flat thing.
Apr 30, 2022 10:56 AM
Jan 2021
This show is purely Garbage people literally overhype this anime.
Apr 30, 2022 10:57 AM
Nov 2010
Softhenic03 said:
Oh please don't tell me, the guy whose entire existence is synonymous with the word “bad luck” to begin with is planning to go on a beach trip of all things, please no. Also why they’ve to make us realize every other minute of every other episode just how cool, super-duper cool Shikimori is, it’s already the most well known fact after earth isn't flat thing.

In the end, they decide not to go to the beach. The episode itself mentioned they're going to the riverside instead, which, well, might not be better, but still.
Apr 30, 2022 11:00 AM

Jul 2015
The cooking scene at the end was funny though.They are going to the river eh good luck with that.

Apr 30, 2022 11:02 AM

Jan 2021
That's a wholesome backstory between Shikimori and Nekozaki on how they became friends.
Apr 30, 2022 11:31 AM

Jun 2021
Softhenic03 said:

That's literally the point of the whole manga and even hinted in the title,and they'll not be stopping anytime sooner...that's the best part about the series and many ppl love it ,so if you think it's already being overused I bet you should drop it.
Apr 30, 2022 11:32 AM

Jan 2013
Sarripp said:
Then why didn't you quit after the 3rd episode? Are you one of those masochists who completes shows they hate? Don't do that.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 30, 2022 11:37 AM
Jan 2021
LostSpectre said:
Sarripp said:
Then why didn't you quit after the 3rd episode? Are you one of those masochists who completes shows they hate? Don't do that.
No shit im trying to give this shit a chance,so i can says this anime is good or garbage but this show didn't get any good lol
Apr 30, 2022 11:41 AM

Nov 2016
I rather ship Shikimori and Nekozaki. A sprinkle of love triangle and yuri is what this bland anime needs xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 30, 2022 11:47 AM

Jan 2013
Another decent episode, but although the backstory on Nekozaki was nice, they completely skipped Izumi/Shikimori's interaction at the basketball game. I liked how they used the phone call to adapt the planetarium chapter, and while not as good, is better than just skipping it. I'll just assume they are rearranging the previous chapter/s they skipped from the beginning here. I'm definitely seeing more potential these last two episodes, hopefully it keeps up.

Oh, and that cooking scene at the end easily makes this my favorite episode so far, that was just "chef's kiss".

FMmatron said:
I rather ship Shikimori and Nekozaki. A sprinkle of love triangle and yuri is what this bland anime needs xD
You say that like we didn't just get some yuri goodness between Shikimori and Izumi's mom at the end there. lmao

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
KuniiApr 30, 2022 12:59 PM
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 30, 2022 11:59 AM

May 2021
Alright that night talk between Shikimori and Izumi was actually quite decent but that doesn't matter since I'm now shipping Shikimori and Izumi's mom. Too bad, Izumi.

Apr 30, 2022 12:00 PM

Apr 2010
Well so far the other characters are better than the main characters despite being a bit storeo type.
Hopefully we will get to see more of it.
The main characters are improving tho tho are showing more reactions besides miss perfect and clumsy boy who is unlucky.
The episode itself was ok and that cooking class at the end.
Apr 30, 2022 12:00 PM

Nov 2021
Damn this is getting boring
I'm officially dropping it!

was going to drop it around ep 6 or 7 but changed my mind ngl
Apr 30, 2022 12:02 PM

Aug 2021
Another okay episode, definitely a step down from last week's episode but it wasn't bad, just not good either. The last few minutes of the episode were pretty good but the first 15 were borderline bad so it was hard to like the episode.
Apr 30, 2022 12:02 PM

May 2020
_cybersadist_ said:
Softhenic03 said:

That's literally the point of the whole manga and even hinted in the title,and they'll not be stopping anytime sooner...that's the best part about the series and many ppl love it ,so if you think it's already being overused I bet you should drop it.
And when did I even ask what's the best part and what many people like? Just stop going around telling others what to do and what not to.
Apr 30, 2022 12:06 PM

Sep 2017
Sarripp said:

no u

15 letter limit
Apr 30, 2022 12:08 PM

Jun 2021
Softhenic03 said:
_cybersadist_ said:

And when did I even ask what's the best part and what many people like? Just stop going around telling others what to do and what not to.

Dude you said "why they've to make us realise every moment about Shikimori being cool" and I gave a genuine advice that if you're irritated by it you probably won't like it coz they won't be stop doing it and therefore dropping might be a good idea. Giving an advice doesn't mean I'm asking you to do that just coz few ppl are hostile on MAL forums doesn't mean everyone are.
Apr 30, 2022 12:12 PM

Nov 2016
LostSpectre said:
FMmatron said:
You say that like we didn't just get some yuri goodness between Shikimori and Izumi's mom at the end there. lmao

Thanks, I actually closed the window once the ED started. But unless they start getting serious it's still a drop.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 30, 2022 12:14 PM
Jun 2020
the post credit scene is just plain wholesome omagah.
Apr 30, 2022 12:15 PM
Dec 2017
_cybersadist_ said:
Softhenic03 said:

Man, you literally says, that the best part of watching tv is the advertisement or government propaganda, and not the actual program.
How tf would be the best part of the series, that they are saying every 5. sentence, that "Shikimori is cute and cool", like we are some 5 year old children with memory issues?
I am pretty certain your favorite parts in shows, is when instead of showing something, a character starts to dump an exposition like a news-anchor.
fenrirr2Apr 30, 2022 12:19 PM
Apr 30, 2022 12:15 PM

Jan 2013
FMmatron said:
LostSpectre said:

Thanks, I actually closed the window once the ED started. But unless they start getting serious it's still a drop.
I think you know there's not going to be any serious yuri in this, just a little baiting here and there, you know, the usual.
Apr 30, 2022 12:16 PM

Feb 2019
Izumi has largely been very annoying for me and hard to watch, but the night sky scene was adorable. Probably the best thing he’s done in this series so far, hopefully he gets some more development. Shikimori as usual carried the rest of the ep and had some absolutely adorable moments.
Apr 30, 2022 12:17 PM

Nov 2016
LostSpectre said:
FMmatron said:

I think you know there's not going to be any serious yuri in this, just a little baiting here and there, you know, the usual.

You see how inevitable this drop was then.

Apr 30, 2022 12:19 PM

Jul 2014
What a bland episode. Glad it got somehow redeemed by the post credit scene between Shikimori and Izumi’s mom.

Hope it gets better next week.
Apr 30, 2022 12:19 PM

Nov 2011
I like how Motoko had Fox Ears. That could be referanced in a multitude of ways from being a trickster to just being "aged" like a fine wine.

Great episode. I liked seeing how Neko and Shikimori became friends. I enjoy the school aspect of this anime a lot.

Shikimori wants a swimsuit now but Izumi was just impressed with that Chicks Abs LOL.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 30, 2022 12:26 PM
Jan 2021
People trying so hard to defending this garbage HAHSHAHSHSGJGGFFHA
Apr 30, 2022 12:27 PM
Apr 2022
Anime continues going downhill quick.
We just dont want the message, in this case perfect and flawless Mary Sue females, rubbed all over our faces. Even Marin has flaws ffs.
Thats why we sought refuge in manga and anime, and not consuming Western sh!t.

Performance reflected in the ratings...this was like top 20 beginning of the season. Looking forward to it dropping to the second page soon.
thehornedratApr 30, 2022 12:31 PM
Apr 30, 2022 12:40 PM

Jan 2013
thehornedrat said:
Anime continues going downhill quick.
We just dont want the message, in this case perfect and flawless Mary Sue females, rubbed all over our faces. Even Marin has flaws ffs.
Thats why we sought refuge in manga and anime, and not consuming Western sh!t.

Performance reflected in the ratings...this was like top 20 beginning of the season. Looking forward to it dropping to the second page soon.
What? How does Shikimori not have flaws?

She can't cook, she's insecure and gets jealous af, and despite her "cool" side, she frequently ends up getting embarrassed by her own actions.
Apr 30, 2022 1:19 PM
Mar 2022
Somewone nows how to delete mensajes?
Javix07Apr 30, 2022 11:52 PM
Apr 30, 2022 1:19 PM

Sep 2020
Am I seeing some yuri moments or something? The night talk is very nice!
Apr 30, 2022 1:29 PM
Apr 2021
Sarripp said:
no it's not rubbish it's not good the anime is good and you have a bad taste to watch
Apr 30, 2022 1:30 PM
Mar 2021
Nekozaki actually beats Shikimori at basketball right? That’s why Shikimori was sulking after the game? Edit: Ah no she was just out of breath, means that Nekozaki has more stamina lmao

I love the supporting characters more than the main ones lol. Hachimitsu is my spirit animal.

More yuri bait between Shikimori and Motoko please.
WataruAoki2Apr 30, 2022 1:34 PM
Apr 30, 2022 1:38 PM

May 2021
Great episode! Was nice to see how Nekozaki and Shikimori became friends and it was SUGOKU KAWAII (NANO DESU) to see Shikimori buying the swimsuit she thought Izumi was looking at xD.
Also, the after credits scene is great! Izumi's family really do have bad luck!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Apr 30, 2022 1:40 PM
Stellaron Hunter

Oct 2020
Somewhat boring episode, at this point Izumi's mom would be a better MC than he is.
Next episode is suppose to be a beach episode so hopefully we get some Shikimori fanservice.
HelltakerApr 30, 2022 1:49 PM
Incessant Rain

“Can you let me have some fun this time?”

Apr 30, 2022 1:43 PM

Mar 2010
Woahh, I was expecting a beach episode but we getting a river one. Nice to see a little backstory if the friend groups. Lol that Izumis dad once had black hair. These two are super cute!
Apr 30, 2022 1:58 PM

Aug 2021
Shikimori doesn't back down from a good challenge but as long as Izumi is involved, he gives it his all, it's getting close to summer and they can go out and have fun.
Apr 30, 2022 2:12 PM

Aug 2021
I think it was a pretty good episode, everything its typical but I guess if you like romance you will like this episode.

This anime is basically the prologue of a drama filled anime, where nothing really goes on lol

Aug 2021
I think it was a pretty good episode, everything its typical but I guess if you like romance you will like this episode.

This anime is basically the prologue of a drama filled anime, where nothing really goes on lol

Aug 2021

Apr 30, 2022 2:15 PM

Aug 2019
I hope this series ends with Izumi dying young in an extremely rare way, it would really fit the bad luck theme.

Dropped 3/10
Apr 30, 2022 2:21 PM

Apr 2022
Jasev said:
I hope this series ends with Izumi dying young in an extremely rare way, it would really fit the bad luck theme.

Dropped 3/10

Damn, what did I just read, lol...
Apr 30, 2022 2:28 PM

Jan 2013
Hellothere31 said:

Bypassed the double post completely with a triple post, very impressive.
Apr 30, 2022 2:32 PM

Aug 2021
LostSpectre said:
Hellothere31 said:

Bypassed the double post completely with a triple post, very impressive.

Damn first time I have seen that happen.
Apr 30, 2022 3:47 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Speaking for myself, this anime had been hit or miss for me, mostly miss. But as if this episode... yeah I kind of really liked everything. This episode alone had quite a lot to drastically improve my opinion on this (at least for now, hopefully the rest continues to be as good!!), but it was mostly because of this:

Also I just now noticed the visuals for the ED, it's kinda cute

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Apr 30, 2022 3:52 PM
Aug 2020
Wow, I sure am glad that they showed us how Shikimori and tall girl became friends instead of, oh idk, showing us how she got together with Izumi?! Give me a reason to care about them.

And thats's why the second part of the episode felt kind of cringe to me, all this lovey dovey talk over the phone felt forced and unearned to me.
Apr 30, 2022 3:57 PM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows Shikimori and Izumi's friends deciding where to go during their summer vacation and they all decide to go to the river because Izumi is sensitive to the sun and S shikimori says he will protect him from anything that happens
Apr 30, 2022 4:04 PM

Jan 2021
I like this anime but I admit its pretty one-note vanilla romance. (I still enjoy it by the way) But this episode made me think everyone kinda treats Shikimori like a Goddess. Not in the funny way like Komi-san, but it feels like everyone puts her on some kind of perfect pedestal. I'm mean I get it, she's got the skills/looks to back it up. Makes me wonder how she really feels with everyone praising her.
Apr 30, 2022 5:01 PM

Mar 2018
I wonder why they don't just facetime unless that's not a part of the technology of this time.
Apr 30, 2022 5:21 PM

Jun 2021
Im actually not surprised by this rate that went from 7.49 to 7.19.. I already know this show will flop ever since episode 1.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2022

228 by LordCrueltyV »»
Sep 13, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2022

175 by LordCrueltyV »»
Sep 13, 12:02 PM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2022

175 by LordCrueltyV »»
Sep 12, 6:41 PM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2022

207 by LordCrueltyV »»
Sep 11, 7:50 PM

» Rating

Philadelphia07 - Sep 5

21 by KayKimii »»
Sep 5, 3:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.