3It was OK
10.0%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.4
30 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2021 4:02 AM

Mar 2019
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally got the opportunity to see this one. Was really hyped for it.

It's noice to see our Starlight girls back after some time. If you expect new plot and actions, I have to disappoint you here. It's a summary of the events happened so far and a little taste for the new movie Shoujo☆Kageki Revue Starlight Movie coming later this year.
Still, this sum movie was great and for those who haven't seen anything about Revue Starlight before it's definitely worth watching. But also for those who have watched the series back in 2018, you will enjoy it.

Well...have a smol Hikari and Karen to brighten up your day:

(I haven't found any End sub yet so far...not sure if that is avaiable already)

Mar 4, 2021 9:50 PM

Nov 2014
i really enjoyed it, the song changes are on point and that ending...
im so HYPED for the next movie!
Mar 11, 2021 4:00 AM
Aug 2016
Someone have some english subs? It's been 2 weeks and still can't find it
Mar 26, 2021 9:30 PM

Jul 2017
Considering that it's been 2+ years since the Summer 2018 TV series came out, this was a good abridged compliation of the entire show as a whole.

Still looking forward to the movie, though this one is a good stop-gap.

Remember the Giraffe: Wakarimasu.
KANLen09Mar 26, 2021 9:36 PM
Mar 30, 2021 11:06 PM

Sep 2020
I miss my ladies here and this Wakarimasu giraffe, glad to watch a compilation. I love that ED song,
Now Im pretty excited for the upcoming movie.
it’s never too late for life ... to go horribly wrong. . . afff~
Nov 5, 2021 1:20 AM

Apr 2016
I sure hope they know what they're doing with that astronomical bar being raised near the end of this "recap". I got chills and am very hyped for the next movie but at the same time, I feel like it's a very risky path the producer is treading on.
Apr 18, 2022 12:08 PM

Jan 2013
3 minutes of the new content in the end
Dec 29, 2022 3:46 PM

Jul 2009
I was waiting something new....well at least I saw Maya again
May 14, 2023 10:42 AM

Jan 2019
i thought it was recap but wtf was that ending
wakarimasen

Jun 1, 2023 11:01 AM

Jul 2008
@ExcelDog Not all heroes wear capes. Thank you!
Feb 26, 8:07 AM
Jun 2016
Some shortened scenes here and there, which is understandable since it's a recap movie. Most notable to me is Mahiru being enticed by Karen's pillow, water-bottle, and towel. But that's just me being biased since she's my favourite character.

Not an expert on this franchise, but I'm guessing the 1st season is a self-contained story. Whereas this movie teases us with a sequel. Which explains why the ending scene is present here and not on the TV series.

I'm guessing this movie is meant for if you want to rewatch this franchise, but the TV series is still the "definitive watching experience." I get that this is primarily a Karen and Hikari story but I feel like the movie kinda pushed everyone else into the sideline. Which is why I'm inclined to think the TV series is the "definitive" version. Still, the scene at the end I feel is quite important so that's an advantage the movie has.

Speaking of the final scene, it was such a tone-shift. Kinda jarring since the rest of the movie and TV series lacked blood. Although I don't mean it in a bad way.

I like how the movie incorporates the TV series' OP as an insert song. The ED is quite nice as well. I love that traditionally drawn look.

More topics from this board

» PSA: available on Youtube until May 23, 2024

DreamingBeats - May 10

0 by DreamingBeats »»
May 10, 8:38 PM

» Why there is no Notification for this

YooNooMAL - Nov 15, 2019

1 by tsubasalover »»
Mar 24, 2020 9:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.