3It was OK
8.7%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
1.4%
Average 4.4
69 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 14, 2021 6:56 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hoshimi Productions' 10 girls are ready for their debut concert? You betcha, given how much training they've been through, and more than ready to tackle the Venus ranking Program, customary to how Mana's idol journey started out one and the same.

Of course, being amateur idols, Makino's supervision is needed of these girls...that is all except Rei and Haruko for their benefactory experience and Kotono who knows what her deceased older sister Mana went through, being changed in the process. And what else better than a quick-fire montage to showcase and prop the girls ever ready, around the clock.

I still can't believe that watching TRINITYAiLE, it is like hearing TrySail all over again after all these years, and with Hoshimi Productions ramping up their game, for their manager-cum-president to utter such words from a challenge, Asakura is not taking things lightly.

With the same 5-5 group pairing lead by Sakura (Sunny Peace) and Kotono (Moon Tempest), I'd say that their performances aren't anything to write home about, but its plenty fine for a start (though now thinking of it, Lerche could've gotten Sanzigen to help out in the concert segments for 3DCG effects, that'd aid the experience).

NGL, Kotono's group reminds me a lot of RAISE A SUILEN with the uniform. This, and pairing up with 22/7's way of conversing with potential fans, yep definitely could see that in the weeks to come.

This episode takes the quote "The journey is more important (and fun) than the destination" quite literally. A small light awaiting to be shone brightly.
KANLen09Feb 14, 2021 9:01 AM
Feb 14, 2021 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
Not bad for the performance this episode. It's very light and colorful with their coordinated movements on stage.

Seems these idols managed to get it after their training. The other performance with the blue lights felt more mature with deeper lyrics. I personally liked that one better but I think it's nice to see how talented these idols are.
Feb 14, 2021 9:08 AM

Sep 2018
Honestly loved this episode. Yes, there were some corners cut in the performances so they could save effort on frames, but I didnt even mind.

Really enjoyed both songs and love the direction of the show
Blanks.
Feb 14, 2021 9:23 AM
Dec 2019
BallisticRiot said:
Honestly loved this episode. Yes, there were some corners cut in the performances so they could save effort on frames, but I didnt even mind.

Really enjoyed both songs and love the direction of the show

Corners cut? More like playing a game in 15 fps.. I absolutely love the anime, but I'd like to see a more fluid animation in the opening and the performances.. kinda kills the mood for me :(
Feb 14, 2021 9:25 AM

Dec 2014
Nice episode, Sunny Peace and Moon Tempest and pretty cool names. I guess they are going for that contrast between both groups in everything, group names, outfits and even the songs felt distinct to me.

Performance was good even if the quality wasn't the greatest, I really liked the dance choreography for some reason. Not sure why it stood out to me.

Feb 14, 2021 9:26 AM

Apr 2014
Very nice debut concert. All of them are doing great, thanks to their hardworking. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Sunny Peace is kind of very cheerful and Tempest Moon looks slightly grown-up and cooler.
I really like Moon Tempest costume.
Idoly Pride might be better than I thought.

btw. here's the official MV

δ½•γγ‚ŒοΌŸζ„ε‘³εˆ†γ‹γ‚“γͺい
Feb 14, 2021 9:26 AM

Feb 2019
GREAT episode. Loved Sun peace and Moon tempest debut. Definitely preferred Moon Tempest song, but both were great. Kotono is growing into her leadership role and I can’t wait to see how far she goes.

I did notice the choppy animation, but it wasn’t too bad for me. Hopefully they improve that going forward tho.
Feb 14, 2021 9:27 AM

Jan 2014
Thought the first song was pretty alright, for sure heard better songs. The second one I really did like, so guessing I prefer the Moon over the Sun for now. Good ep.
Feb 14, 2021 9:29 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Sunny Peace and Moon Tempest hmm this is pretty good, the two bands are quite interesting with the inverted outfits like that, their representation was alright, they'll improve later for sure.
Feb 14, 2021 9:41 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
For Kotono being able to step foot into the very studio that made her sisters career must give her mixed feelings. Haruko's experience sure will be beneficial to the girls. If anything the training and the promotions really served to showcase the older girls like Saki and Haruko. Trinityvale though has no shortage of confidence it seems. Their manager though seems to be a harsh one though. Its nice to see the group that Trysail voices to finally appear in person. While battling their nerves was hard their debut performance sure was impressive. The two songs that were sung sure were excellent contrasts as well. In the end im glad that both sub groups debuts were successful. Overall an interesting ep that showed well their long awaited debut that the girls have trained hard to prepare for as well as the effects that their impending debut has on the other groups active in the industry. From this point on though things will be much harder for the girls thats for sure.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 14, 2021 9:54 AM

Feb 2020
That was amazing. Moon Tempest probably my favourite group out of the two after that, considering not only their costumes but the song too. Though Sunny Peace is good too. Great to see all their hard work go somewhere.

Don't exactly mind the choppy frames, though it'd be nice if Lerche could do a bit better. Still very much enjoying this series so far.
Feb 14, 2021 9:58 AM
Jul 2018
ooh they had some pretty nice debuts, they're finally official idols now, lets see where they go from here.
Feb 14, 2021 10:36 AM

Mar 2020
Sunny Peace and Moon Tempest. Interesting how the group names are complete opposites. The performances mood suites the name of the groups perfectly!
Feb 14, 2021 10:42 AM

May 2018
The 2 debut concerts were great! I like how the 2 groups are like stark opposites to each other
Feb 14, 2021 1:01 PM

Mar 2019
Somehow their group names reminds me of more Pkmn games... Moon&Sun.

For a start it was not bad, I agree with it, they have potential. But somehow I don't know why... but I wasn't that fascinated from them as from some other idols group like Ongaku Shoujo or KiRaRe or Lights... Hmm dunno why maybe because of the setting in general...

But well they do have potential and I bet they are going be better
Feb 14, 2021 1:28 PM

Mar 2014
besides the low frame CGI performance, the dance part is pretty well done.
Feb 14, 2021 1:49 PM

Sep 2019
I liked their songs and performances. There were some low frame scenes but the cg 2d mix was pretty well done overall. I’m happy to see Shizuru getting a little more screen time.

Feb 14, 2021 3:57 PM
πŸ¦†πŸ‘‘

Jan 2020
The performances were pretty nice

Feb 14, 2021 4:09 PM

Oct 2010
It wouldn't seem advisable to be publicly excited and proud to break the record of a winning streak that only ended due to the singer dying at age 19.
Feb 14, 2021 4:40 PM

Dec 2012
The low framerate of the cgi dance coupled with the constant camera movements was unbearable - it legit gave me motion sickness.
Feb 14, 2021 10:09 PM

Aug 2020
Is really great performance is kinda make my heart flirt -__---_—-__ RIP

Feb 14, 2021 10:25 PM

Jul 2008
tirafesi said:
The low framerate of the cgi dance coupled with the constant camera movements was unbearable - it legit gave me motion sickness.

Yeah, it is really jarring. I'd even prefer just like a montage of static shots of them dancing...
Feb 14, 2021 11:45 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, its about time they continued their idoly pride progression. All of the serious and profesional preparation already decided, in order to get them ready to the next special event. Whats that? Thats their joint debut concert. Their name already decided. Sunny Peace, and Moon Tempest. Similar to the metaphor of the vegetables that they planted. Newcomers with no experience. Nut they were truly work hard and motivate each others to continue to grow, in order to aim one solid goal: the top idols place.

Solid episode which is the sign for them to set foot for their first step against the up side-down of the idols entertainment industry. Their light might be still small. However, with a lot of good progression, Kotono and the rest of the girls will surely ... reach out that last place!

Lets go, girls!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 15, 2021 12:21 AM

Dec 2016
Another anime of low-FPS CGI dance scenes :(
Feb 16, 2021 3:45 AM

Oct 2017
Finally their debut song is here and both of them were good. I liked Moon Tempest's one better but Sunny Peace's song was good too.
Feb 16, 2021 9:33 AM

Nov 2018
When The Group come to Dance Training for the first time, I can see Kotono Ready to learn how Mana feel Idol training when she become idol.

Pretty Funny Scene went Training that make them pretty tired and getting Interview that make them nervous.

TRINITYAiLE looks like gonna make more effort to get better Performance when hearing about New Group debuts (Sunny Piece and Moon Tempest), but looks like their Manager (Asakura) not pretty care about TRINITYAiLE goal that we still don't know about it, but my feeling say it has related to do with one member from Sunny Piece or Moon Tempest (Sakura or Kotono) about Personal Reasons.

Debut Concert for both group. "Sunny Piece" That lead by Sakura, and "Moon Tempest" That lead by Kotono. The name from both group looks like comes from Makino Perspective that representing both group as Sun and Moon.

For Debut Performance are Great. Both Song and Dance Choreography are really good to see. Meanwhile Animation was pretty lackluster and fracture to see, but it's not pretty bothering me, so hopefully future episode can fix the animation just for better experience.

Btw, I can feel the starting of rivalry in The Group between Sunny Peace and Moon Tempest to become number.1 Idol, Hopefully we can see rivalry in a good and healthy way.
Yunohi-kunFeb 16, 2021 9:39 AM
Feb 16, 2021 9:09 PM

Oct 2008
did the boobs of Haruko get larger by the each episode!?
their performance was meh...so so...
but what caught my attention was hearing Amamiya Sora's voice then after wards Aizen's voice! it was glorious!
3/5.

Feb 17, 2021 12:02 AM

Sep 2020
Wow!
Looks like the girls are training hard for their concert and here we go!
Both the groups were soo bright!
The songs were cute!
The outfits suited them!
A lovely performance!
And looks like they debuted on the same stage as Mana!

Looking forward for the next episode!
Feb 17, 2021 12:03 AM

Oct 2018
Glad to see two groups from Hoshimi Productions has made a debut together. There's some low frame CGI over there, but it's still great. And also love their group names too, it complements well with each other group :D
Forum set made by Nate
Feb 17, 2021 1:56 AM

Sep 2015
Should've just outsourced the cgi part to sanzigen. The slideshow is the bane of the whole show imo.

Sunny Peace's vocal is just so much better than Moon Tempest and it's not even a contest. Most likely due to the fact that Moon Tempest's VA just started their career in 2017 while Sunny Peace's VA have way more experience.
Truth is absolute but human perception of truth is always relative.
Feb 17, 2021 7:39 AM
Jul 2018
I thought the debut performance was going to be just as good as the snippet 2D dances in the last few episodes. What a shame. I guess not enough budget, huh. At least the songs were good.
Mar 27, 2021 10:50 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Ouch. Those performances were a bit hard on the eyes, to be honest. It is what it is, I guess.
I'm glad the performances went well though!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Nov 1, 2021 3:58 AM

Mar 2020
lmao. They realize that the debut isnt just an important moment for the idols in the story but also for the viewer right? Then why do they serve up this trash for it? The songs weren't my cup of tea but thats left for everyone themselves to decide. But the performance was horrible. Not only was it running at 5 fps to give everyone eyesores, the dancing was also pretty terrible (inb4 they made it that way on purpose to reflect the groups being newcomers 🀣 (no they didn't)).
With the characters being as bland and boring as they are this is shaping up to be a giant waste of my time.
I probably should have realized that sooner when they thought that they could stand out from the 5000 other idol anime by killing off the main character and have her come back as a ghost.
May 9, 2022 5:57 PM
Mar 2019
Getting predictable now, but they all are.
Bets on all of them making it??
Nov 14, 2023 8:56 PM

Mar 2013
Huh, it was rather appalling for a debut for some reason.
I can't say I like Sunny Peace's song but Moon Tempest's song has a bit of grace to it.

I can only say "the performance of the both of them was okay" but it didn't give me the new feeling I was hoping to get. It wasn't fresh enough, nor is the animation truly inspiring to watch, it was really lacking something, something really crucial to make the audience excited but I really didn't get it.
However, seeing some fans actually cheering was a cute surprise, but the performances will still have the same, lackluster performance in my mind.

If I can get a full length, non-budget-cgi, performance, I'd definitely want to see it, and judge it to its fullest potential, but for now, it was rather disappointing. >_<

Don't get me wrong. I like some of the characters, and the new connections they're making by making their dreams come true in some way or another.
Fortunately, they simply add a few tropes here and there but it was not the focus of the story and I'd say this is a very unique storytelling (but compared to Golden Time, I wonder).

Overall, it's a cute series.
CrazyButNot4UNov 14, 2023 9:03 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2021

76 by Viok »»
Aug 25, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2021

31 by Viok »»
Aug 23, 10:20 AM

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 2 Discussion

Ellenwitch - Jan 17, 2021

36 by ZeroNoColor »»
Feb 19, 8:49 AM

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

31 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 15, 2023 3:14 AM

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2021

35 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 15, 2023 1:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.