3It was OK
8.5%
2Disliked it
1.2%
1Hated it
1.2%
Average 4.5
82 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 31, 2021 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, this episode goes to show that Kotono and her fellow idols have a lot of work to do in order to improve themselves. Otherwise, I think they have a lot of potential in terms of their futures.

Another buildup episode of light drama and comedy. That Mei girl brings in a cherry mood to this episode.
Jan 31, 2021 9:15 AM

Jul 2017
Things are going somewhat well for the new idols at Hoshimi Productions, the lesson with LizNoir a big push.

More groups show up, and they serve to make-or-break these newbie idols. But it's clear that all of them are work-in-progress for both Saegusa and Makino's secret project.

As a trivia: TRINITYAiLE is TrySail, and LizNoir is Sphere. If you know anime J-Pop well...surprise, surprise?

The cat-loving Mei Hayasaka, and she can see Mana? 'blows minds* Hai Moshi Moshi Keisatsu?
Makino inviting her to be part of the idol group, and definitely a cheery one at that. But this would be a practice that Kotono would come back to rant against Makino time and time again regardless until he feels that the group is completely complete.

Well, finally ghastly Mana has someone to talk to other than Makino.

Otherwise, Mei is a great addition to the idol group, other than that one close scuffle of ghost talk that everyone isn't as suspicious of.

But...getting Sakura out of the group? There seems to be a plot twist that has been revealed way earlier before, re-watch her scenes to find out about that!
KANLen09Jan 31, 2021 9:20 AM
Jan 31, 2021 9:17 AM

Jul 2017
Mei is so cute and bright, a very fun character to watch, and she can see Mana. Definitely a great addition to both the idol group and the series. And now Mana can have a friend. They are quite in sync too.

Our idols are fired af, feels challenged by other great idol groups, idk about beating them, but they will definitely improve quite a lot with this kind of spirit.

I hope Kotono can get along with Mei, and also I support Kotono to be the leader, yeah she got a personality/way-of-thinking problem here and there, but it's very fixable and I think all the other girls also look up to her quite a bit. And I think she can do it.
Jan 31, 2021 9:24 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow, so the new girl can see Mana too, hmm it's interesting, I would like to see them reviving her at the end of the show so she can perform with her sister xD
But that end of episode??? I wonder why he wants to kick Sakura out of the band, it's weird
Jan 31, 2021 9:31 AM

Apr 2014
At least we can assure now that Mana is a real ghost when Mei can see her.
Mei is very cheerful. She can really change the air of the group as Makino said.
Sakura got a scar on her chest. I think she got heart surgery when she was young. And this could bring some issue in the future.
Sakura needs to leave the group? Well, maybe it will turn out to be good things in the next episode.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 31, 2021 9:52 AM

Dec 2014
Looks like Mana is a real ghost since Mei can see her.

Mei is great, really liking her, cheerful, energetic and fun. Interesting part about Sakura having a scar on her chest from her surgery. Part of me wonders if it was some kind of transplant surgery and the transplant was from Mana, would explain her voice similarities in an anime-esque way.

Wonder why Makino wants to remove Sakura from the group, transfer her to a different group?

Also, who was the blonde haired girl that Mei was watching? Loved her design.
Lelouch0202Jan 31, 2021 10:01 AM
Jan 31, 2021 9:53 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Liznoir are good true but they are by means an unbeatable opponent. Studying the work of other idols is a great move on their part. Its nice that we finally get to see the idol group formed around trysail's members. Makino's scouting trip sure ended up finding quite the catch. While adding new members certainly will add more strength to the group's performance as a whole balancing it will be the tough part especially in tension management. Though its strange how Mei is able to see Mana in her spirit form. Still its nice that Mana gained a new friend. Its nice that Kotono was able to realize just how much her own attitude was affecting the group and reflect on that. Overall an interesting ep that while doing well in introducing the character of Mei to the group also did well to expand upon Kotono via her self reflection. The upcoming performance will be a tough one for the girls but im curious to see whether the new ideas were able to help the girls nail their performance. Nice ending from Trinityaile though. The ending though was quite the shock.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 31, 2021 10:09 AM

Feb 2019
Ok, I think I’m reaching a point where I can say I like this more than Lapis:ReLights and it’s probably going in my top 5 idol groups.

This was a great episode. That animation on Rei dancing was astonishing. We got to see Kotono come into her own a bit today as well which is great to see. She’s got so much pressure on her.

Ngl tho, everytime I see Mana and Makino talk, I get sad thinking of what could’ve been between them. Such a cruel world. At least there’s another person who Mana can talk to now too.

Hype for next week, that cliffhanger was a big wtf moment. Most slept on show of the season.
Jan 31, 2021 10:25 AM

Sep 2019
I really liked Mei, she's a cute and cheerful girl who can also see Mana. Rei's dance scene was great, they really know how to animate those moves.

This episode confirmed that Mana's a ghost and the producer isn't schizophrenic. I don't know which one would be better, both of them is a stupid idea imo.

Beautiful animation wasted on the drive to be different.
Jan 31, 2021 10:33 AM
Jul 2018
new girl is really cute ngl, she has a great personality too. she can see mana too, does that mean mc's actually not just hallucinating and mana actually is a ghost? wonder if the dancing girl they saw from the top of the wall join too? she seems pretty cool and i think she'd be a nice fit for their group too. also, that post ed scene was kinda shocking...
Jan 31, 2021 11:47 AM

Jul 2015
TRINITYAiLE's costumes are freaking fantastic, would already rate them top idols from visuals alone haha.

As it already happened last week with LizNoir, the youtube channel of the project also uploaded a music video for TRINITYAiLE, make sure to check it out! Great song.

Mei is here and she might have jumped straight into first place for me, her cheerful personality hits me right in the genki weakness and all her interactions with the cast during the episode made me like her a lot already, such a lovely smile!

The fact that she can see Mana without any issues is very interesting, according to her it's a family thing, I'm curious to see if the series will touch more about that matter, because from her words it seems to have caused her trouble already by being called a liar.

We also had a conversation between her and Sakura where the surgery the second had got mentioned, happy to see that she is well now, but it's still worrying.

That cliffhanger at the end tho, can't say I'm too big on those type of moments so I would rather not have them, but this series did enough so far for me to trust in whatever will come from that decision... honestly my bets are on him not having any intention to kick Sakura, might be a test for the group to see how close the girls are to try fighting against that decision and also maybe also a test for Sakura herself to become the leader of the unit as Makino might have already decided.

MetaThPr4hFeb 1, 2021 6:11 AM
Jan 31, 2021 11:55 AM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
So we get a new member huh? I really like her so far and I thought this was an enjoyable episode

Jan 31, 2021 4:34 PM

Mar 2020
This is an interesting development. Someone other than Makino can see Mana. Mei is a cheerful, happy, fun and hardworking girl. Good asset to the team.

The scar on Sakura's chest will probably be relevant to the show. Hopefully will get insight on the scar soon. Well Sakura is being asked to leave the group. Wonder why. Cliffhangers are great but at the same time quite annoying.
Jan 31, 2021 5:13 PM

Jul 2020
Damn they really left us on a cliffhanger like that huh.
Jan 31, 2021 6:58 PM
Mar 2020
My bet for sakura being ask to left is so makino can make kotona as the group leader then have sakura to made a new group for example with the dancing girl rei and the senior idor from mana time.
Jan 31, 2021 8:53 PM
Jan 2021
Really like Mei, probably my favorite of the cast so far. And man... that cliffhanger tho, I just kinda yelled "what?" after I saw that. I don't wanna see sakura go :(
Jan 31, 2021 9:29 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
New cheerful girl joined up the group with all of her uniqueness and talent. Its surely liven up the tense previous group atmosphere. To be my surprise too, she could also see Mana which make its clear that certain strange things. But, oh, boy, its almost broken up some kind of a trust issues relations between the girls and their manager, but gladly its not even the important part of these episode. I almost spit my saliva out when that blonde girl called the police.

Well, the debut soon reached them, and it supposed to be a great concert to begin. Kotono seems more determinated after the arrival of those new girl. But, well, i can't say its a good thing so far, unless i've seen their debut, especially with that little Makino trial neae the end. So, whats up with that? Lets just see the result, then!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 1, 2021 12:34 AM

Oct 2014
idol part 0/10. The only sakuga is only for that girl I don't know about. and apparently there are 2 other side units that they call great but man you call that sakuga? wtf really
at least we have a center personality now.

drama part 4/10, but possibly growing. the baits are still being put to place.
from the existence of mei to sakura's scar and kotono seemingly suspicious of not only the inclusion of mei, her sudden closeness to makino.
Feb 1, 2021 1:33 AM

Sep 2020
A new member, sugoiii!!!>.<

Mei Hayasaka, remind me of Ai Hayasaka from Kaguya Sama xD

A kawaiii cheerful girl who changed the mood and the surprising this is that she can see Mana!!XD

Wait what!? Makino-San is telling Sakura to leave the group!!??
Can't wait to see what happens in the next episode!!!>.<
Feb 1, 2021 1:34 AM

Oct 2018
A new member and also a hyper one too. But there is something I'm curious about. Which is how Mei Hayasaka can also see Mana Nagase's ghost? This is gonna be interesting! XD

Looks like Sakura has been nominated as the leader of the group, but there's something about her which will be discovered in the next episode. Looking forward to it!
Forum set made by Nate
Feb 1, 2021 6:09 AM

Oct 2017
New girl is cheerful, she's got a likeable personality too and she can even see Mana. I'm happy Mana can talk to someone else besides Makino now. This also confirms that Mana exists and it's not just in Makino's head.

Also Sakura has a surgery mark, could it be that Mana's heart was donated to Sakura after she died and that's how she got her singing voice from.
Feb 1, 2021 8:18 AM

Aug 2019
Great, now Mana have someone to talk to other than Makino. Mei is cheerful, I like her, she's probably my favorite of the cast so far.

Sakura leaving the group? Will Makino make a separate group with Sakura leading it?
Feb 1, 2021 10:12 AM

May 2018
Goodbye Sakura! :3
Feb 1, 2021 10:13 AM

May 2018
MegamiRem said:
New girl is cheerful, she's got a likeable personality too and she can even see Mana. I'm happy Mana can talk to someone else besides Makino now. This also confirms that Mana exists and it's not just in Makino's head.

Also Sakura has a surgery mark, could it be that Mana's heart was donated to Sakura after she died and that's how she got her singing voice from.

now that's next level Angel Beats stuff xD
Feb 1, 2021 5:56 PM

Jan 2011
New girl has shown up and has fixed one of the group's dynamitic by being the Genki Type add on the fact she can somehow see Mana as well kills the it's all in his head theory i thought they were going with lol.. fact nobody else can was making for some yabai moments that i could've done without.

as for Sakura that ending was both expected and unexpected girl must've had heart surgery or something but lets see were this goes.

still hoping this show keeps that quality up for when they actually perform so much work is going into other groups
Feb 1, 2021 7:39 PM
Jan 2021
Damn man, the mini plot twist just amazing. My gosh... Hope the ending will be the best among the other idol animes.
Feb 2, 2021 1:18 AM

Oct 2008
so the new genki girl Mei has a sixth sense/third eye thingy!?
Kotono getting more jelly by the second!
4/5.

Feb 2, 2021 1:26 AM

Nov 2018
Mei was really Energetic and Hyper Person that Group more cheerful than ever before, Plus She can see Mana too that makes Mana really happy to have someone to talking beside Makino So Glad he not Schizophrenia all this time and Personally for me Making this Anime more Fun And Interesting to watch.

Some Hilarious Moment happens too around Mei, Makino, and Mana that makes the whole group want to find out.

TRINITYAiLE got introduced by Shizuku and The ED Song by Them , I can't wait to hear the Full Song after this.

I want to know about that Rei Person that see by Mei this episode. Is her gonna join the group future episode?.

After Credit this episode was Shocking and I wonder the reason behind Sakura get out of the group is because her health condition from surgery or to test the group how they gonna resist Sakura getting kick out. Hopefully whatever it is can exctue it really well.
Feb 2, 2021 3:44 AM

May 2018
Thanks Mei-san, this anime getting kira-kira because of you.
Feb 2, 2021 6:41 PM
Apr 2019
MetaThPr4h said:
TRINITYAiLE's costumes are freaking fantastic, would already rate them top idols from visuals alone haha.

As it already happened last week with LizNoir, the youtube channel of the project also uploaded a music video for TRINITYAiLE, make sure to check it out! Great song.

Mei is here and she might have jumped straight into first place for me, her cheerful personality hits me right in the genki weakness and all her interactions with the cast during the episode made me like her a lot already, such a lovely smile!

The fact that she can see Mana without any issues is very interesting, according to her it's a family thing, I'm curious to see if the series will touch more about that matter, because from her words it seems to have caused her trouble already by being called a liar.

We also had a conversation between her and Sakura where the surgery the second had got mentioned, happy to see that she is well now, but it's still worrying.

That cliffhanger at the end tho, can't say I'm too big on those type of moments so I would rather not have them, but this series did enough so far for me to trust in whatever will come from that decision... honestly my bets are on him not having any intention to kick Sakura, might be a test for the group to see how close the girls are to try fighting against that decision and also maybe also a test for Sakura herself to become the leader of the unit as Makino might have already decided.

In the last paragraph when u talk about Sakura yeah i thinking the same as u write on there, and i wonder when Ichinose Rei join the group?

I like ur opinion 👍👍🤙🤙
Feb 2, 2021 6:48 PM

May 2020
That new girl is possibly the best girl in the group so far, I really like her personality and design.

Feb 3, 2021 12:14 AM

Jan 2020
I really like this new Mei girl so far, possibly my favorite for now. Her personality is very optimistic and energetic, and as Kotono said, she does make the group more relaxed.

But hold on a second, Sakura is leaving? We'll have to see what Makino has in his mind.
Feb 4, 2021 4:26 PM

Oct 2015
new girl is looking to be best girl. It's really sad to think about how we lost such another fun character in Mana early on. The cliffhanger at the end though, probably nothing too serious. The songs in this show are also pretty good cant wait to play the game to add to my collection of mobages. Also just noticed jukki hanada's involved in this project. Well it's really no surprise anymore considering the girls mesh pretty well already. And lmao when I was listening to the new ed, i was wondering why it sounded like trysail and it really was and liznoir was sphere too with q-mhz composing the ed, I'd say this is a project i'm happy to follow
EGOISTFeb 4, 2021 4:30 PM
Feb 7, 2021 4:32 AM

Mar 2009
Wow. I love Mei. So cute. She has a great personality.

What's funny is that while Makino wants Mei to spark something in the group, she also makes this anime better in general.
Apr 10, 2021 11:24 PM

Nov 2009
1/3rd of the way into the series

And the Ghost girl Mana has yet to do anything impact. Here I thought the series was going to be revolved around her, since the series started out with showcasing her.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 11, 2021 6:31 AM

Aug 2015
amlg said:
1/3rd of the way into the series

And the Ghost girl Mana has yet to do anything impact. Here I thought the series was going to be revolved around her, since the series started out with showcasing her.

Not going to spoil anything but she is critical to the events of the second half.
Oct 5, 2021 4:03 AM

Apr 2011
Mei is definitely cute and interesting. And she can see and talk to Mana too.

Ichinose's dance is cool. I laughed when she called the cops on Makino.

Shocked on Sakura getting kicked out of the group.

Nov 14, 2023 4:44 AM

Mar 2013
This series is getting wild! and I love it!
The ghost plot is still weird but in a fun way! 🥰
I get to see the main heroine...
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2021

76 by Viok »»
Aug 25, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2021

31 by Viok »»
Aug 23, 10:20 AM

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 2 Discussion

Ellenwitch - Jan 17, 2021

36 by ZeroNoColor »»
Feb 19, 8:49 AM

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

31 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 15, 2023 3:14 AM

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2021

35 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 15, 2023 1:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.