3It was OK
10.6%
2Disliked it
1.9%
1Hated it
0.3%
Average 4.4
360 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 25, 2020 10:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Joker is still full of mysteries.

We got more of Shirna's squad this episode though and seems they're building up more into the next parts of the story. Even Maki got into training and she seems to be focused on improving herself more. And welcome back Lisa...it's been awhile.
Stark700Sep 25, 2020 11:18 AM
Sep 25, 2020 11:30 AM
Oct 2016
Lots of explaining in this episode after the action packed last week. Sorry to disappoint folks whom may have wanted a fight between Burns, Joker and Benimaru. Cant have those three brutes brawling now can we. They'd destroy a city block in the first round. Hahaha, anyways, Burns did at least help out dark heroes out somewhat. Giving them that notebook that holds some valuable information. The Holy Sol Temple is ignorant of its own past. The current operators there have no idea the original Raffles was turned into a fake by the White Clad. That short scene with Yona and Inca showing us if was him all those years ago just like he did in Asakusa back in season one.

Also learning what the connection between Burns and Joker is. With them both being transported to Adolla itself and each losing an eye like we know them these days. Joker now setting his sights on Hajime Industries who have the real connection to the White Clad and Evangelist. Some sort of goofing off back at Company 8 while everyone learns about Beni and Joker adventure. We got a big sec coming up next!! This one will be amazing to see. Some loose ends are coming back around here at Hajime with Hataku from Season One being kept there and Licht about to be offed after he brings in Shinra whom himself has some interesting connections to Hajime!
Sep 25, 2020 11:31 AM

Feb 2016
I was expecting a three-way fight between Joker, Burns and Benimaru though that situation didn't arise.
The focus would be on Haijima next episode and looks like a new character will be introduced
Sep 25, 2020 11:35 AM
May 2018
Hype for next character, love his design in the manga
Enjoy life to the fullest weebs
Sep 25, 2020 11:37 AM

Aug 2013
AnonymousGuy9 said:
I was expecting a three-way fight between Joker, Burns and Benimaru though that situation didn't arise.

Same. Too bad it didn't happen.

I was expecting a new OP after seeing it on twitter. Guess we'll get it soon.

So Joker and Burns were comrades at one point This time the 8th will investigate Haijima.

Sep 25, 2020 12:02 PM

Feb 2019
David production with another 10/10 episode. I just want this studio to miss once.

This episode once again showing why FF is peak fiction. The Adolla segment with Burns and Joker was extremely well done. Loved the special effects they went with for the flames and environment of Adolla.

Second cour is going to be amazing. Haijima arc and a new OP, lets gooo
Sep 25, 2020 12:05 PM

Jan 2009
there it is how Burns and Joker lost one of their eyes they directly look into Adolla or Hell flames

Yona is the real founder of the religion of Holy Sol eh

Lisa is sexy hot but she is still brainwashed by Giovanni

Haijima arc next

Kurono badass mode is gonna happen next arc
Sep 25, 2020 12:10 PM
Sep 2015
I'm actually getting hard from the intenseness of seeing three big guys talking to each other with at least two of them have sexual experience with a man. It's like they're fighting like in the OP song but symbolically, not practically.

Second part, my heart breaks when I see Vulcan's eyes looking for Lisa, you can easily tell from his eyes, it's very clear that he loves her, and that's why my heart breaks.

Charon appearance, despite being brief, make this episode instantly even better!

Fire Force is now the anime I look forward to the most in every week! Though I thought this episode which mark passing half of the season will feature new opening song, so the next OP will feature in only 11 episodes.

Oh! By the way I think Haijima = Mitsubishi in real life. While it's not the biggest company in Japan, that belong to Toyota, and Toyota is based in city of the same name. Mitsubishi is based in Tokyo. And Toyoto is specialized in automotive while Mitsubishi is conglomerate, which is closer to what Haijima is. Mitsubishi also has its own nuclear power plant business.

Though one change I think is unnecessary is that Shinra touching Lisa face, in the manga it's her boobs. But to be fair they also turn down the violence element, not just sexual element (like the beheaded shadow that rape Joker, in manga it's very graphical that his head was cut off).
phantomfandomSep 25, 2020 12:36 PM
Sep 25, 2020 12:44 PM
Jul 2018
More of the hidden lore of Fire Force, super interested to see what's going to happen!

Thought we would see a three way fight, but the book in itself is also satisfying. Kinda thought Burns and Joker were brothers or something, but the Adolla link explains their old relationship.

Sep 25, 2020 12:49 PM
Jun 2020
So that is the last time we will hear Spark Again as the op. Overall this episode was good but not great it's building to something.
Sep 25, 2020 12:57 PM
Jul 2019
and the plot thickens, I'm starting to think that whoever is the founder of Haijima Industry and that Evangelist who pretends to be Raffles I could be connected somehow.....

Btw who is this red head hot girl Lisa anyway????
Sep 25, 2020 1:34 PM

Jul 2013
Horn_dawg_2019 said:
Btw who is this red head hot girl Lisa anyway????
She was a girl living with Vulcan in his workshop in the first season. She was in truth an spy of the Evangelist sent by Giovanni (dude with the plague doctor mask) to discover information about the key of Amaterasu Vulcan supposedly had.

She ended leaving the Evangelist side in the Netherworld arc of the first season thanks to the efforts of Obi and Vulcan, though she still has a trauma with Giovanni mistreating and/or leaving her alone, which explains why she got PTSD when she started to talk about the White Clads this episode. She had longer hair in the first season, but got cut off during the fight against Giovanni in the Nether, reason why you probably didn't recognize her.

Hope this has been of help.
Sep 25, 2020 1:48 PM

Jun 2015
Another episode, another set of questions. Every one which is answered leads to another path. Brilliant show with an original vibe. I better be getting more seasons!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 25, 2020 1:51 PM

Jun 2015
Marinate1016 said:
. I just want this studio to miss once.

Why do you want that?
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 25, 2020 2:58 PM

Jan 2018
Holy shit the animations when Joker and Burns had an Adolla Link were amazing!
The plot thickens and i'm getting more interested in the story.
5/5 episode.
Sep 25, 2020 2:58 PM

Nov 2016
Blueballed with the fight, but got some crazy plot focussed episode in return.

Also Lisa is back, yes.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 25, 2020 3:17 PM

Mar 2017
Oh hell no! They best not touch a frizzy hair on Licht's head!

I'm so relieved that Burns didn't turn out to be a traitor, but the info he provided to BeniJ was frustrating; the Holy Sol Temple isn't the bad guy... it's Haijima which is 10 x worse!

I was surprised that it was so casually confirmed that Yona was the one who stole Raffles I's identity... but I don't get how cause that happened 250 years ago... or have I misunderstood something?
Sep 25, 2020 5:05 PM
Sep 2012
the plot of this season is so good, cant wait for more
Sep 25, 2020 5:50 PM

Jan 2009
AntonioWux said:

thank this guy he did that scene awesomely https://twitter.com/1992YAJIRyo/status/1309583452493221889

i guess he is the director of photography for this episode
Sep 25, 2020 6:43 PM

Sep 2020
I was so mad at the fact that Joker and Burns didn't get to fight but their backstory made up for it. Also kinda confused on how Yona started the Holy Sol Temple as if they're immortal or sum
if you refer to yourself as a weeb please stay the hell away from me

Sep 25, 2020 7:30 PM

Jun 2013
deg said:
AntonioWux said:

thank this guy he did that scene awesomely https://twitter.com/1992YAJIRyo/status/1309583452493221889

That scene was gorgeous.

I'm also looking forward to next week's episode because of the introduction of a character from the manga that I happen to like.
臭い-
Sep 25, 2020 7:41 PM

Jan 2009
Bibimbapski said:
deg said:

That scene was gorgeous.

I'm also looking forward to next week's episode because of the introduction of a character from the manga that I happen to like.

Kurono right? lol its ok to reveal his name i think and im sure he will become a fan favorite
Sep 25, 2020 8:28 PM
Aug 2020
I’m still so surprised at the scene of joker and burns backstory, that evangelist scene was so done clean, almost had a ufotable touch, the episode was great after all, now on to episode 14 next friday!
Sep 25, 2020 8:40 PM

Feb 2014
The other dimension scene this episode was really good. That transitioning was kinda amazing.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 25, 2020 9:11 PM

Oct 2017
Wow that was a massive plot twist and great to see Lisa back. Shinra and Iris's reaction were hilarious.
Sep 25, 2020 9:19 PM

Oct 2016
Lmao, Burns was ready to throw down with Joker. And then a wild Benimaru appeared and Burns turned all diplomatic and shit.

The art and animation though when Burns and Joker was transferred to that adolla dimension was beautiful though.

Damn, how old is Yona no, wrong question. What the hell is Yona. They've been playing society like a damn fiddle all these times.

Fuck yeah Lisa is back and she's joining the 8th, hopefully permanently.
Sep 25, 2020 9:34 PM

Mar 2019
Half-Time Final Score for me: 8.62

Pretty Good Start... but lately, episodes have been just good, not rlly amazing...

Hope Second Part, re-takes those first episodes hype...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Sep 25, 2020 10:48 PM

Feb 2018
These 3D scene were great

Sep 25, 2020 11:01 PM

Jul 2014
We've been bamboozled! Where is my big fight? lol. Either way this was a great episode with lots of new info. I didn't expect Yona to be so important.

Burns chickening out on Benimaru was hilarious.

Inca with that outfit... DAMN!

Glad Lisa's back and damn, she's as hot as ever. Shinra mistaking her for one of Vulcan's creations was pretty funny, but then Iris also wanting to press her "buttons" was just hilarious xD.

Thank you for that ablution part again, much appreciated <3

Hibana!!! There hasn't been enough Hibana this season.
Sep 25, 2020 11:13 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
More revelations about the history of Holy Sol Temple. Its all because of Evangelist follower? Damn, its such a good information, more over, its kinda twisted. So, thats right, eh? Everything just came back again to the real villain for this series, its Evangelist and every followers of it. I feel a bit of an anticlimactic end by seeing how Burns just acted so tough against Joker. But when Beni slowly decided to join their fights, he immediately regret his decision. Lmao. The hell man? Benimaru just way too strong, man. So he just want a peace and gave the information we all need. XD

Slowly every puzzle around the past 250 years mystery revealed. They even added a clearance there to state how the real enemy was, which is created a big relieved for me. Lol. So, yeah, thats it. End of the first cour by resolving the problems around the capitol city of empire, Tokyo. Yeah, the ancestor, Rafles I, was not him, knewing the fact that Rafles I was not the real him, its Yona. Holy Sol Temple was just a pawn, and Haijima industries were their next target to be investigated.

Slowly but sure, this typical shounen show somehow always keep entertaining every week. They even did not forget a little fanservices there, which is so funny to see. Its so long to seeing my duo nun in wet conditions like that. Lol. Then, Joker revelations of his past, just the best arc among this first cour of second season. Even, i must be honest that these 3 past episodes were the best among the others.

So, yeah, lets see the second cour then. How well they wrapped up the story on their next investigation!
badabassSep 25, 2020 11:19 PM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 25, 2020 11:25 PM

Oct 2008
even if there is no action still a great episode because of some revelations that Captain Burns revealed!
oh no Litch is a spy but his life is also in danger...i think Shinra won't let that slide!
5/5.

Sep 25, 2020 11:29 PM

Jun 2020
Lmao Burns is such a pussy Benimaru ftw
This anime shit is addictive
Sep 25, 2020 11:53 PM
Oct 2019
So no fight?
This was an interesting episode. Turns out the captain of the 1st isn't as bad a guy as he often seems to be.
Lots of exposition today though. Like a lot. Half the episode was just Burns expositing at us.
Sep 26, 2020 12:53 AM

Jun 2013
deg said:
Bibimbapski said:

That scene was gorgeous.

Kurono right? lol its ok to reveal his name i think and im sure he will become a fan favorite

Yep him. I used to hate him but as I continued to read the manga, I started to like him more and more until he became one of my faves.
臭い-
Sep 26, 2020 3:24 AM

Jul 2020
Okay I was expecting an overwhelming fight between Burns and Joker with some Shinmon support yet I was hilariously deceived
In return we got some major background information about the Adolla-burst while Joker and Burns both got their eye mysteriously burned
Interesting to learn that humanity might have been manipulated from the start, who might Raffles 1 culprit actually be

it seems we get a interesting follow-up with the Hajime Industries investigation and everyone who is suspicious of them
personally very interested in Viktor's story

The Lisa creation was hilarious, especially sister Iris. Ecchi Sketchy No Touchy!
And I definitely would ship Vulcan x Lisa
Sep 26, 2020 5:58 AM

Jun 2016
ph yeahhh , next episode entering haijimi arc and lot of action incoming !!!

so hypeeee
Sep 26, 2020 6:46 AM
Apr 2019
I'm glad that Season 2 is slowly delving into the mysteries now. I just can't wait for the opening of Kana-Boon in 2nd cour.
Sep 26, 2020 9:00 AM

May 2015
Lisa is back> the plot.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 26, 2020 10:42 AM

Jul 2019
Things won't be as simple as the Temple being a puppet of the Evangelist - and I am glad it is that way and the story continues. I really like to see how this universe expands even more.
Sep 26, 2020 11:46 AM

May 2018
I thought we would get an amazing stand off between Joker, Shinmon and Burns. We got baited real good lads.

Joker still being based. I like that Lisa's back ^_^

rip Licht he's gonna get assassinated lol
Sep 26, 2020 12:42 PM

Apr 2015
I would have loved a brawl between Burns, Beni and Joker, but man these 3 titan would be able to destroy half the city!! Quite interesting development on the Holy Sol Temple and its past.

Lisa is back and my god that short hair actually looks incredibly hot on her!! Glad to see she's back ^^
Gotta love how Shinra and Sister Iris thought she was a creation at first. Gotta appreciate Iris for wanting to press those "buttons"
Sep 26, 2020 3:15 PM
Mar 2015
Conspiracy everywhere Raffles 1 was an alien A human is powering Amaterasu Everything leads back to Hajima Industries
Sep 26, 2020 3:27 PM
Aug 2020
is no one gonna mention how obi toasted with a protein shake and he doesnt even like protein
Sep 26, 2020 3:40 PM

May 2019
lol I'm happy the guys didn't fight. They're all good, great characters and I don't want anything bad to happen to them.

That includes Licht. Please don't kill the smiley boy!
Sep 26, 2020 6:57 PM

Aug 2018
Ah the link between Burns & Jojer (as expected with the opening, though I believed they were old enemies) was revealed and made things even deeper. Now we learnt the Holy Sol is based on a lie and they ignore the big-idea.

Lisa also came back to add more points to this episode lul
Sep 26, 2020 9:39 PM

Jan 2013
Some of the secrets have been revealed. Now i wonder if Viktor will betray Shinra, but judging from that ending he will lead Shinra to a strong enemy... And for sure it will be Shinra who will have to save Viktor later on.

Gotta be tough for Iris now, the god that they believe was totally made up...

So Burns is also investigating the holy sol temple, what a team xD Burns, Shinmon, and Joker.

Glad that Lisa is back, a great addition to the 8th!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 27, 2020 2:52 AM
Apr 2018
12:50 "Let's go, Almighty."

- They were about to fight, but didn't.
- A notebook of RAFLES 1's wife.
- A conversation on "How Holy Sol came in existence" (more like a guess).
- Haijima's boss orders VIKTOR LICHT...

15: 22That's what happens when you touch VULCAN's creations. SHINRA was about to "press" a "danger switch". :)
16:23 IRIS goes for the button, too.

16:50 VULCAN presents an offer for SHINRA ; Mechanical BOOBS.

Sep 27, 2020 3:52 AM

Apr 2017
I really liked the episode. I can't wait for the next one to see what Licht does.
Sep 27, 2020 4:21 AM

Mar 2016
So, it seems the entire history of humanity as described by the Sol temple is just a masquerade led by the Evangelist's white clads...... wow. As far as the fight I needed...... it didn't happen, but I don't want Licht dying during next arc.
Sep 27, 2020 7:11 AM
Oct 2019
New characters making their debut next arc :D What is Yona?? A alien? Licht might be assasinated. The gangster duo of Benimaru and Joker have formed some kind of alliance with Burns. Company 8th will research Haijima. Oh and Lisa returned.

Excited for the upcoming episodes.
Life is not daijoubu
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2020

123 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Yesterday, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jul 24, 2020

117 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Oct 6, 1:30 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2020

105 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Oct 6, 1:23 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

_MushiRock11_ - Jul 3, 2020

140 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Oct 6, 1:20 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2020

188 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Oct 6, 1:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.