3It was OK
17.2%
2Disliked it
1.7%
1Hated it
1.7%
Average 4.3
58 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2020 9:29 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The character development grows with the main female lead and her time with the neuroscientist Simon/Lucien.

All the ever more of creating impromptu dates to fill in for screentime and getting her to be close to get another EVOL-ver and understand her position in the ikemen's life (because aside from the story, this is STILL an otome game in the core).

A time of reminiscence of young times (yet again) and how they were acquainted in the first place, and the reflection of the reality that's thrust into her life.

The message of Black Swan sure came fast, towards Haru first, danger trouble for a beginning.

Also, I've noticed in the OP that Simon/Lucien is illustrated with a dark butterfly (given its nuances), so I may be looking at someone that will bring harm to the female lead, and his affiliation with Black Swan...pretty much confirms his side of the plot.

Eventually, things start to move, albeit at its own pace. Still far from the main plot, but whatever.
KANLen09Aug 19, 2020 4:15 PM
Aug 19, 2020 9:47 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I'm not totally into the whole Lucien thing but at least there were some good looking landscapes in this episode lol
Aug 19, 2020 10:10 AM

Jul 2020
[UPDATED] Episode 7 Screencaps

Lucien4everAug 19, 2020 6:16 PM
Aug 19, 2020 10:46 AM

Jul 2020
This episode was very rushed but as a huge fan of the game, I still enjoyed it a lot!
Aug 19, 2020 11:07 AM
Jul 2020
Lucien is color-blind, thats sad :(

This was a great episode though, a little rushed I enjoyed it^^
Aug 19, 2020 12:34 PM
Apr 2015
I know the anime is rushing the story a lot, but I still did not expect Shaw to appear this episode. They even mentioned things that haven't been released in the english version of the game yet (aka. confirming our suspicions of his relation to BS). Makes me wonder just how much they are planning to cover in this one season.
Aug 19, 2020 2:41 PM
Jan 2019
I agree that the story has been rushed a lot, however I can't deny that I feel excited seeing Shaw in the anime!! I thought we wouldn't have the chance to see him animated... So far so good. Can't wait for how much more of the story they're gonna cover!
Aug 19, 2020 3:50 PM
May 2017
After seeing this episode all I can think is holy **** are they flying right through the chapters. Also, SHAW???? Why is Shaw in this episode??? He doesn't come out until later so it makes me wonder just how far they are going to go with only 6 more episodes left. All I hope is that they aren't confusing non-players because the story is very detailed in the game. Another thing that left me in shock was that they mentioned that Lucien was the first man made evolver after he had that car accident with his parents... This was not mentioned in the english server of the game so I'm wondering if this is one of those "story changes" or if it's a part of the game but in the asian server (they're so far ahead chapter wise). Overall, I enjoyed watching this episode. We finally got to see some emotion on behalf of Lucien's part. I thought that was never gonna happen with the way they were protraying him. I just hope future episodes include some major turning points for MC that I won't spoil.
Aug 19, 2020 4:51 PM
May 2020
I very love when they're introduce Shaw 😍
Aug 19, 2020 5:54 PM

Mar 2018
Le_Triste_Ange said:
Also, SHAW???? Why is Shaw in this episode??? He doesn't come out until later so it makes me wonder just how far they are going to go with only 6 more episodes left.

If I had to guess, I'd say that the anime is trying to set up:

a) The complicated relationship between Gavin and Shaw
&
b) Suspicious around Shaw. The way he's portrayed here in the anime would most likely make anyone think, "hey this guy is trouble." They're introducing him earlier, so then when we get to the part where he actually is supposed to first appear, viewers (especially anime-only people) can be like "Oh no, she's meeting that suspicious guy!"
"Smiles and laughter are always good, but never forget your poker face."
-Kaito Kuroba (aka Kaitou Kid)

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style. But a detective is nothing more than a critic who follows our footsteps."
-Kaito Kuroba (aka Kaitou Kid)

Aug 20, 2020 3:03 AM

Jul 2013
I can't believe they revealed that Lucien is a part of Black Swan in this episode (game chapter 9). This came to light in the fateful chapter 13!

Inception scene wasn't bad, but I still think the game portrayed it better. If I remember well, they shortened it and not the mention that Lucien leaving is a thing foreshadowed in almost every scene MC had with him in the game which the anime lacked.

Still I must ask how do anime-only viewers feel about finding out about Lucien being a part of the Black Swan so early? Do you feel shocked at all? Did you ever suspect him (not really that you could, anime didn't show any of his shady scenes)?

Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Aug 20, 2020 4:09 AM

Jun 2013
The hot doctor is a member of Black Swan! D:

Does he have a heart disease or something? He keeps grabbing his chest.

Also why did he cover MC girl's eyes during the car accident flashback?
臭い-
Aug 20, 2020 1:41 PM

Mar 2017
Too much to process! Lucien isn't a natural Evolver and it looks like he's dying?! No, that cannot happen! I'm not too shocked that Lucien is a member of Black Swan because there always seemed to be something hidden about him but it still broke my heart nonetheless!

God, things are getting so intense now and there were some feels this episode so I'm guessing that's gonna happen more often!
Kitty-KateAug 20, 2020 1:50 PM
Aug 20, 2020 1:47 PM

Mar 2017
Bibimbapski said:
The hot doctor is a member of Black Swan! D:

Does he have a heart disease or something? He keeps grabbing his chest.

Also why did he cover MC girl's eyes during the car accident flashback?

He covered her eyes because he didn't want her to see that. He said at the end that he lost control of the 'dream' so she saw things he didn't want her to.
Aug 20, 2020 1:49 PM

Mar 2017
Shimai_ni said:
I can't believe they revealed that Lucien is a part of Black Swan in this episode (game chapter 9). This came to light in the fateful chapter 13!

Inception scene wasn't bad, but I still think the game portrayed it better. If I remember well, they shortened it and not the mention that Lucien leaving is a thing foreshadowed in almost every scene MC had with him in the game which the anime lacked.

Still I must ask how do anime-only viewers feel about finding out about Lucien being a part of the Black Swan so early? Do you feel shocked at all? Did you ever suspect him (not really that you could, anime didn't show any of his shady scenes)?

I've played part of the game so I don't know if this influenced my perception of Lucien but I felt like there was something hidden about him all along so to find out that he's part of Black Swan didn't surprised me but it still broke my heart. I have a feeling there's more to Black Swan than meets the eye though so...
Aug 20, 2020 1:53 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Its surprising that these random walk date turned out into a dark revelations of Simon's past. He actually worked out with the Black Swan organisation. He seems wanted experimenting the girl reaction to overcome the queen's power limitations by awakened her dream. But, he failed to controlled it, knewing the fact that her dream could change drastically without a proper explanations of how she could do that. In the end, the mystery beyond that power was still hanged, depending how far the next episode closed the gap.

On the other side, the police guy revealed the dark side of his place of work. Its looks like the guy that battles with him was the reason behind 'the key' incident. So, with this revelations, its time for the police guy to worked out from behind the screen too. By knewing the fact that his work of place couldn't help him reached the goals anymore. What a waste of time to believed. I know his pain!

Oh, well, the next one is back to the CEO arrogant guy again. The introduction felt too extreme, by mentioned the popular person from America, and the end its expected that the name was him. I knew it was him since they mentioned America. But, it just funny, how they convoluted everything to executed the obvious name. Lmao. I can't take it anymore. Even this episode began with something that directed with a little unmatched pacing from the previous episode. Whatever reason, let me move on to the next one!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 22, 2020 11:12 AM

Sep 2015
My fav ep so far, I definitely want to see more of Lucien
Aug 23, 2020 12:51 AM
Mar 2012
Dream world feels subtle how they merged them but very cool directing on the heavy atmosphere.
Doc got so many issues, at least mc's gives him the only color & emotions.
Aug 23, 2020 11:58 AM

Apr 2018
So Lucien is part of BS that is interesting and he is also color blind which is sad. Interesting character development with Lucien and the MC.
Aug 27, 2020 12:18 AM

Aug 2018
The mystery thickens. I can’t figure out what her role as the Red Queen will be.
Sep 9, 2020 4:55 PM

Mar 2010
Lucien episode was great!! I'm curious on what happened and what everyone is a part of.

Sad to see that the police aren't great here.
Oct 24, 2020 7:30 AM

Mar 2013
Shimai_ni said:

I'm a anime only fan, but no it didn't surprise me. He was giving off mad shady vibes this whole time lol.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 8, 2021 4:55 AM

Jul 2015
Didn't expect a truck-kun cameo in this series. Now that we got Lucien's past it seems like all the ikemen have met the mc girl when they were a kid, outside Gavin who met her in highschool.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi to Producer: EVOL×LOVE Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 30, 2020

43 by Bbluebabies »»
Sep 29, 2023 10:45 AM

Poll: » Koi to Producer: EVOL×LOVE Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2020

91 by NaekoGetsu »»
Jun 24, 2023 12:02 AM

Poll: » Koi to Producer: EVOL×LOVE Episode 2 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jul 22, 2020

46 by Animecoregirl13 »»
Aug 10, 2022 3:21 PM

Poll: » Koi to Producer: EVOL×LOVE Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jul 29, 2020

45 by MacchiaStella »»
Oct 18, 2021 9:55 AM

» Why underrated

Rei_Kuroi - Aug 26, 2021

6 by Kunii »»
Aug 26, 2021 12:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.