3It was OK
16.9%
2Disliked it
3.9%
1Hated it
1.3%
Average 4.2
77 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2020 8:58 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The main female lead and her road to production fame, starts with the restart of the psychological program to rake in money, not to mention getting the publicity out in concise form.

Getting the EVOLs involved is as easy as tracking her presence down, with Haku and his police team in plainclothes disguise. The "Key" though is becoming a recurring theme, but a joke LOLs in the name pun (Kira, geddit?)

A hacking simulation though, not the most original, but it turned out to be a misunderstanding on Kira's part. In this case of note, all the main female lead has going for her is the constant nightmare of dreams that prove to crack the case further. And the bare truth of her father being involved in the handiwork of the Evolvers, much less being a member of Black Swan, that was a shocker.

At this point, all I'm thinking of is that this is all a reverse harem simulation, though the plot is still in its waylay. Time for evil to strike their fangs wide open with the female protagonist's brother.
Aug 5, 2020 9:50 AM
Mar 2020
Wait, so
?

So many silly things about this show but I'm enjoying it regardless.

(- anime-only)
ninigotmacAug 5, 2020 10:01 AM
Aug 5, 2020 11:09 AM

Nov 2019
This otome game's plot becomes more and more intriguing, just as good as Mystic Messenger (owned by the Korean company Cheritz), or who knows even better (anime only but read a bit about later chapters in the game).

Can't wait to see what happens next. Not to mention, the moments we've had so far~ rooting for either Haku-senpai or tsundere Zen.
Aug 5, 2020 12:10 PM
Jul 2020
This show is so cliche yet keeps me wanting to watch. Some aspects are very obvious such as keys identity, the uncanny and “coincidental” connections the mc has to the evols, etc. However, I didn’t expect her dad to be black swans target, it gets me wondering why they wanted her to find out this information. Can’t wait for the next episode!! :)
Aug 5, 2020 12:52 PM
Sep 2015
The institute was kidnapped many children (like YGO Vrains) and Kira and Watashi just happened to be in the same room, so yeah, Kira is not her brother. In fact, by a common sense, otome genre is rarely, if not never, make one of the romantic choice a blood related to the protagonist. And I'll be very happy if I'm wrong and Kira is her brother, that would mean a progression for incest storytelling.
Aug 5, 2020 1:01 PM

Aug 2018
Pretty good episode and the mystery of the Red Queen thickens.
Aug 5, 2020 3:33 PM
Jul 2020
Uhm why is everyone thinking MC and Kira are siblings? They don't even look alike lmao. Just f.y.i, they used to be in the same room in a lab. None of them are related blood-wise. So don't get your hopes up for any incest shit.
Aug 5, 2020 6:15 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That's a lot of hacking things xD and damn there are so many mysteries in this show, the post-credit scene is even more interesting, I really wanna know how the show will turn when she will discover the whole organization behind her!
Aug 5, 2020 8:23 PM
Aug 2008
Kira and MC, they are not siblings so I can't spoil anymore ^o^
Aug 5, 2020 8:32 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Somehow i was pretty enjoying this otome based of adaptations. The elements of the game basic felt so real on these one. Its like i'm just seeing the game walkthrough, instead of watching the usual anime. The direction of the pacing felt nicely with some weak aspects unfortunately. The story telling almost reach a perfect condition by touching my feel with the girl past. Still, the girls personality kinda bland and so annoying to me with her slow reaction she had over the incidents in the control room. I mean, she had a premonition about three times in the past, and she still didn't realise her power? Stupid girl, and lame direction of these girl reaction.

However, Kira contribution here was a solid great job by did a lot of saving action alone. Its was indeed himself tribute of episode, knewing all guy just had his own screen time before. By far, this is the best and felt so romantically good and the action aspect impacted strong for my satisfaction. In the end, this is a very good episode for me. For the plot itself, the main villain of the Black Swan just revealed himself. The young evolver profesor had some sickness. And the girl now completely aware of her power, at last, then trying to collected her past memories once again. The next was back to badass police again. Idk if i can like his appearance again or not, since his action kinda too extreme for me. Lol. Let just see the next one.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 5, 2020 8:59 PM

Jul 2017
Imagine the scenes if Hak just directly shot protag. and the series ended there :P

but was not expecting it to go the route of child experiments(?), seems like the whole EVOL thing might have been some botched (or maybe successful who knows) experiment. Protag. seems to have been involved in it either way (which probably is the reason for her death flashbacks).

Hak confirmed childhood friend route xdd
Aug 5, 2020 9:12 PM
Dec 2019
I'm glad that the anime is hitting all the major plot points in the story from the original otome mobile game, but of course it still hurts to see some of the first chapters skipped. I don't expect many chapters to be skipped anymore, as everything becomes very important.
It's doing really well in my opinion, and I wish it got more attention (especially for being so loyal to the original art style of the game).
Aug 5, 2020 9:28 PM

Mar 2018
ninigotmac said:
Wait, so
?

So many silly things about this show but I'm enjoying it regardless.

(- anime-only)

Kiro is not her brother! They were both jus tin the same room at the same experimentation lab when they were little.
"Smiles and laughter are always good, but never forget your poker face."
-Kaito Kuroba (aka Kaitou Kid)

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style. But a detective is nothing more than a critic who follows our footsteps."

Aug 5, 2020 11:02 PM
Mar 2019
This is generic but isn't bad so far,I need developet for the mc, she is being helped all the time but seems that it will change(I hope)

Well..... I love Kiro
Aug 5, 2020 11:34 PM

Jul 2020
KoffeeKrisp said:
Uhm why is everyone thinking MC and Kira are siblings? They don't even look alike lmao. Just f.y.i, they used to be in the same room in a lab. None of them are related blood-wise. So don't get your hopes up for any incest shit.

I think anime-only viewers are speculating that the blonde kid at the end is MC's brother. Well, we'll see about that :p
Aug 5, 2020 11:52 PM

Jul 2020
Loved this episode! I wasn't expecting the "artist and butterfly" phone-call to be animated so that was a surprise. It's such a beautiful symbolism to Lucien's and MC relationship.
Lucien4everAug 6, 2020 12:03 AM
Aug 6, 2020 12:56 AM

Jun 2013
Did Kiro know that MC girl was also a test subject in the same lab he was in from the very beginning or did he only find out when they showed the footage underground?
臭い-
Aug 6, 2020 12:56 AM

Mar 2019
Kiro - Key

that's almost like putting 123456 or your birthday as a password

nice hacker
my dark magical girl webseries
https://unsafemahoushoujo.wordpress.com/blog/
Aug 6, 2020 1:05 AM
Aug 2020
Im so glad that it has finally became an anime series! There's so many hints that was dropped on the very first episode that makes me all rilles up. And based from Lucien's story on ep 4, his eye color and his short view of mc walking in the street, could he be color blind? I think that he's the most mysterious character because he seems to know a lot and seems to have had an interesting past... and that makes him hawt asfjskwkd. He's my first pic on the game but now, I don't know who to choose anymore uwu
Aug 6, 2020 1:40 AM

Jul 2020
Bibimbapski said:
Did Kiro know that MC girl was also a test subject in the same lab he was in from the very beginning or did he only find out when they showed the footage underground?

In this episode, Kiro is aware of MC's past and his childhood connection with her. However, he wasn't sure why BLACK SWAN was so motivated in trying to trigger her past memories. But after seeing MC's reaction, he decided to protect her from her old memories, hence you see him embracing her and not letting her see those photographs.

As revealed in episode 2, BLACK SWAN is doing all of this to revive MC's past memories and awaken her as the Queen. The exact details of their motives as to why they want to do this has yet to be revealed in the anime, but securing the Queen is important for their goal.
Aug 6, 2020 5:47 AM
Jul 2020
When you have played the game and still get confused
Aug 6, 2020 6:10 AM

Jun 2015
I'm still not 100% sure whats going on here, although the post credits scene this episode was a massive clue to how everyone so far is fitting together. Can't say I dislike it so will keep going!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Aug 6, 2020 7:24 AM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
This anime is really doing its best to destroy my suspension of disbelief. First a genius finance CEO who is a gourmet chef on the side, now a top idol who is a white hat hacker. What is next? Simon is secretly an Olympic athlete? Haku founded a charity that has saved millions of orphans worldwide? I understand the desire to have accomplished male protagonists, but it's starting to feel like they developed each character by asking a group of teenage girls about their dream husband and then mashing all their responses into a single person.

The hacking sequence was ridiculously corny, though I'll give it a pass since it was the first part of this anime that felt like it was directly lifted from a mobile game. I'm surprised neither of the two was injured from the fall into the pit trap. The ladder breaking was also ridiculous; even if the bolts were loose she shouldn't have been putting enough torque on the ladder to get it to fly out like it did. Assuming that still happened, Kira should not have been able to catch her, as he was a whole ladder segment higher, with each segment being taller than a person. If you want to have a nice hero saves the girl moment, please make it realistic. Ending that sequence we had the fan pumping air out of the room (which probably would have burst their eardrums either after it started or when they shut it off) and magically Kira is unaffected while Watashi is swooning. It isn't like women have significantly different oxygen requirements than men, so they should have exhibited symptoms concurrently. I also would have preferred she see the whole password in a dream, instead of having Kira mystically guess the right password, which conveniently only had four digits.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Aug 6, 2020 8:37 AM

Jul 2020
gaussian_ said:
This anime is really doing its best to destroy my suspension of disbelief. First a genius finance CEO who is a gourmet chef on the side, now a top idol who is a white hat hacker. What is next? Simon is secretly an Olympic athlete? Haku founded a charity that has saved millions of orphans worldwide? I understand the desire to have accomplished male protagonists, but it's starting to feel like they developed each character by asking a group of teenage girls about their dream husband and then mashing all their responses into a single person.

The hacking sequence was ridiculously corny, though I'll give it a pass since it was the first part of this anime that felt like it was directly lifted from a mobile game. I'm surprised neither of the two was injured from the fall into the pit trap. The ladder breaking was also ridiculous; even if the bolts were loose she shouldn't have been putting enough torque on the ladder to get it to fly out like it did. Assuming that still happened, Kira should not have been able to catch her, as he was a whole ladder segment higher, with each segment being taller than a person. If you want to have a nice hero saves the girl moment, please make it realistic. Ending that sequence we had the fan pumping air out of the room (which probably would have burst their eardrums either after it started or when they shut it off) and magically Kira is unaffected while Watashi is swooning. It isn't like women have significantly different oxygen requirements than men, so they should have exhibited symptoms concurrently. I also would have preferred she see the whole password in a dream, instead of having Kira mystically guess the right password, which conveniently only had four digits.

From a critical point of view, I understand your frustrations. Due to the constraints of a 12 episode anime, MAPPA really had to condense the plot as much as possible and they added a lot of anime original scenes. Victor running Souvenir and making pudding has its own purpose and special connection in the story. I'm pretty sure the anime will show some flashbacks about this in the later episodes.

Episode 4 will still very enjoyable for me but a lot of things were changed. If you wanted to know how the story played out in the game, read chapter 8 summary in the link below:
www.reddit.com/r/MrLove/wiki/summary

If you don't want to be spoiled, DO NOT read beyond chapter 8 in that reddit link. But if you don't care about spoilers, you can skim through it if you're curious. The real story of Mr. Love is phenomenal and so well thought out. So many big brain concepts and certain parts blows your mind. I seriously rate the quality of the lore and world setting the same as Attack on Titan (I'm caught up on the manga).
Aug 6, 2020 8:49 AM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
Lucien4ever said:
From a critical point of view, I understand your frustrations. Due to the constraints of a 12 episode anime, MAPPA really had to condense the plot as much as possible and they added a lot of anime original scenes. Victor running Souvenir and making pudding has its own purpose and special connection in the story. I'm pretty sure the anime will show some flashbacks about this in the later episodes.

Episode 4 will still very enjoyable for me but a lot of things were changed. If you wanted to know how the story played out in the game, read chapter 8 summary in the link below:
www.reddit.com/r/MrLove/wiki/summary

If you don't want to be spoiled, DO NOT read beyond chapter 8 in that reddit link. But if you don't care about spoilers, you can skim through it if you're curious. The real story of Mr. Love is phenomenal and so well thought out. So many big brain concepts and certain parts blows your mind. I seriously rate the quality of the lore and world setting the same as Attack on Titan (I'm caught up on the manga).

The overall plot arc does still intrigue me; I'm just a little peeved with the small details. I'm at least going to keep with the anime for one or two more episodes, but in the end even if the story does have a great plot a rushed presentation can ruin it.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Aug 6, 2020 10:21 PM

Apr 2017
Dat hacking scene.... lmao. Seriously not how hacking works. Like I understand they aren't legally allowed to show how it's actually done but its still weird for someone who knows how to do it to watch that...

Plot wise, holy shit this is rushed...Entire chapters seem skipped so far...
There's no inherent right or wrong in this universe, but when we think with emotions rather than logic, we make things so.
Aug 9, 2020 8:10 AM

Jun 2020
she looked so cute in her ponytail!

i like how he still calls her potato chip hime lol how cute. he's way too sunshine boy/cutesy type for me but their interactions make me smile, they are cute together! and that candy part was so cute

i like how the MC is pretty interesting & not always shown as completely helpless

at times i feel like okay this is so cliche & wonky but i am actually enjoying this! hope they go into more detail how the main guys became evolvers/were they born with their powers? i have some knowledge of black swan & all & what they are doing but hope it goes into more detail!

ok what was that with simon clutching his chest at the end

awakening???? diabolik lovers vibes ew

confused. kira is her brother?

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 9, 2020 9:41 AM

Mar 2018
ribbonaffair said:

i like how he still calls her potato chip hime lol how cute. he's way too sunshine boy/cutesy type for me but their interactions make me smile, they are cute together! and that candy part was so cute

i like how the MC is pretty interesting & not always shown as completely helpless

at times i feel like okay this is so cliche & wonky but i am actually enjoying this! hope they go into more detail how the main guys became evolvers/were they born with their powers? i have some knowledge of black swan & all & what they are doing but hope it goes into more detail!

I'm assuming Simon has some kind of illness or injury. (It's apparently a detail you can find out in an optional part of the game (according to one of my friends), one that I haven't unlocked yet. Another person who plays the game can probably go into more detail on it than I can.)

And Kiro isn't her brother! They were just in the same experimentation lab when they were little.

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style. But a detective is nothing more than a critic who follows our footsteps."

Aug 9, 2020 9:53 AM

Jun 2020
Dazel1412 said:
ribbonaffair said:

I'm assuming Simon has some kind of illness or injury. (It's apparently a detail you can find out in an optional part of the game (according to one of my friends), one that I haven't unlocked yet. Another person who plays the game can probably go into more detail on it than I can.)

And Kiro isn't her brother! They were just in the same experimentation lab when they were little.

ah i see! thank you! this totally makes me want to play the game

Aug 9, 2020 10:08 AM
Mar 2020
Lucien4ever said:
KoffeeKrisp said:

I think anime-only viewers are speculating that the blonde kid at the end is MC's brother. Well, we'll see about that :p

That's exactly what I thought! The "blonde kid" (sorta looked like Kira??) was shown while the guy was saying whatnot about a future with "your sister" and then right after a snapshot/flashback was shown of Kira holding MC.

Of course, previews are often just misleading enough to cause people like me to question things like this so I will have to tune in next week. Your comment makes me think that there is another explanation =)
Aug 9, 2020 10:54 AM

Jun 2020
ninigotmac said:
Lucien4ever said:

That's exactly what I thought! The "blonde kid" (sorta looked like Kira??) was shown while the guy was saying whatnot about a future with "your sister" and then right after a snapshot/flashback was shown of Kira holding MC.

Of course, previews are often just misleading enough to cause people like me to question things like this so I will have to tune in next week. Your comment makes me think that there is another explanation =)

omg yeah this - was that blonde guy not kira? i kind of just assumed that he was the character designs confused me. i did not realise, i must have not been paying attention, oops!!!!

Aug 9, 2020 4:10 PM

Apr 2018
There is a lot of holes in this anime but slowly its all coming together and honestly im enjoying it so far. So the Black Swan targeted the main characters Father and killed him. Somehow she is related to the incident as well.
Aug 11, 2020 11:09 AM

Mar 2018
ribbonaffair said:
ninigotmac said:

omg yeah this - was that blonde guy not kira? i kind of just assumed that he was the character designs confused me. i did not realise, i must have not been paying attention, oops!!!!

Though I wasn't, I can understand why people would be confused. The blonde guy at the end of the episode was that kid working for Black Swan (the one targeting the warping kid in episode 1, and the one who was revealed to be trying to snipe the MC (who was stopped by Gavin.))

Aug 12, 2020 1:23 PM

Dec 2014
hmm so she is an evol in making ...hmm
Aug 12, 2020 8:16 PM
May 2017
So it wasn't until I watched this episode like 4 times that I was able to see where Kiro got that last digit from during the password moment. If you watch around 17:58, it shows Kiro and MC as kids on the lab table. On his wrist, he has a tag with the number 3684. That's how he knew the password. He was subject 3684 when they were doing those child experiments. Other than that, the hacking sequence did seem kind of cringey haha but it was a great episode. Most of the elements from the game were there and I'm glad to see that they kept using the same clothes from the game. I agree with others in thinking that they're rushing the anime and that they definitely need a lot more episodes in order to cover the plot of the game. I definitely enjoyed this episode though!!
Sep 1, 2020 7:11 PM

Mar 2018
Daver_ said:
Stupid, silly, cliche, coincidental. That about sums up this episode. Still waiting for the actual story to form. We’ve just been some vaguely connected mystery elements so far.

So the blonde sniper is main girls brother, and her dad was killed my Black Swan. She and Kira were experimented on as kids? The whole hacking aspect was so dumb and out of place.

The sniper kid is not her brother--his sister is being (in a way) held hostage by Black Swan.

And as for the story, the game goes a lot more in depth, and the mystery is a lot more deep than we've seen at this point (if you're not liking the anime, I'd recommend playing the game in its place.). Sadly though, the anime has cut out stuff from the game and is trying to cram numerous detail-rich chapters of story into 12 episodes.

Dec 14, 2020 8:27 AM
Dec 2020
I think it was because I played the game beforehand that I get a better understanding of this show, but I'm genuinely enjoying it. Even though I know what happens next, it leaves me on edge. I love it's mysterious plot and attractive characters, even with their cliche backgrounds XD I love them all just the same
Dec 14, 2020 8:40 AM
Dec 2020
gaussian_ said:

gaussian_ said:

Yeah, I can agree; this episode was pretty corny XD I kinda wish the anime wasn't so rushed and had more thought to it to show the potential the story has.

I don't think Kiro guessing the right password was as convenient as you think, though. Those numbers are a part of Kiro's past, if you closely check out his memories. It's kinda hard to spot lol
Jan 7, 2021 3:55 AM

Jul 2015
If only hacking looked that cool and easy in real life lol. Seems like we got a lot of clues how Evolvers came to be with mc's dad heavily involved in trying to expose those human experimentations.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi to Producer: EVOL×LOVE Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 30, 2020

43 by Bbluebabies »»
Sep 29, 2023 10:45 AM

Poll: » Koi to Producer: EVOL×LOVE Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2020

91 by NaekoGetsu »»
Jun 24, 2023 12:02 AM

Poll: » Koi to Producer: EVOL×LOVE Episode 2 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jul 22, 2020

46 by Animecoregirl13 »»
Aug 10, 2022 3:21 PM

Poll: » Koi to Producer: EVOL×LOVE Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jul 29, 2020

45 by MacchiaStella »»
Oct 18, 2021 9:55 AM

» Why underrated

Rei_Kuroi - Aug 26, 2021

6 by Kunii »»
Aug 26, 2021 12:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.