3It was OK
37.0%
2Disliked it
8.7%
1Hated it
6.5%
Average 3.5
46 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2019 9:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Idk how to feel about some of the characters in this show. Outside of Ex and Reina so far, the others feel like less important. Seems trouble came from the skies this time around.

The fantasy elements is there for sure but it didn't feel impactful, at least for me. I'm still curious where this show goes though considering the importance of resolving some of the conflicts.
Jan 17, 2019 3:46 PM

Jul 2008
Well I mean... what can I say? The 1st episode was somewhat okay so I watched this but I'm just not entertained.

MAL score went down a lot since episode 1 too, but I'll give this one more chance next week.

The character's battle moves seem really random too... red hood using fire magic? wut..

Jan 18, 2019 9:23 PM

Jul 2017
It's a drop for me now.

This was painfully boring and mediocre. There is absolutely no heart in this show whatsoever and there isn't a single reason why I like this show enough to continue.

What a shame.
Jan 18, 2019 9:42 PM

Dec 2016
This was a really good and enjoyable episode.

I liked the story of Don Quixote, his passion and determination to never give up in what he believes in was rather inspiring.

He also kept his promise, he never forgot once the world was back to normal.

I love the scene where Ex turned into Little Red Riding Hood and absolute burned the windmill to cinders, he showed great power there.

Ah so that guy is Loki, definitely will be seeing more of him in the future episode no doubt about that, he looks like a lot of trouble.

I went to the wikipedia afterwards for more details of his story and it was quite good.

Looking forward to watching more.
Jan 18, 2019 9:50 PM

May 2016
Sigh...

This anime's concept is indeed interesting but it's biggest downfall is that it lacks any sort of impact or meaning and you're virtually given no reason to care, both with it's story and with the characters. This was the one anime I really looked forward to since I thought it would fill in the void I had after Merc Storia ended last season. But so far this anime has been really disappointing. At this point I seriously doubt episode 3 is going to be any better.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Jan 18, 2019 11:31 PM
Nov 2017
The message of the show feels like, "stick to the script, kid. We're here to make sure you do."

Not really a positive one, if you ask me.
Jan 19, 2019 3:04 AM

Oct 2014
When the director doesn't even bother to play the game before adapting something...
Jan 19, 2019 4:37 AM

Mar 2018
skyUFO said:
red hood using fire magic? wut..

lol. Exactly my thought. Looks like red = fire is stuck in their mind or they're mistaking her with little match girl. Summoning a wolf or something suits her better but what can we expect from an anime where Alice in Wonderland is a genderbent guy who wields a rapier. What's next? Snow White with an apple bazooka?

Jan 19, 2019 5:23 AM

Feb 2018
skyUFO said:
Well I mean... what can I say? The 1st episode was somewhat okay so I watched this but I'm just not entertained.

MAL score went down a lot since episode 1 too, but I'll give this one more chance next week.

The character's battle moves seem really random too... red hood using fire magic? wut..
Episode 1 its really dumb xD
Jan 19, 2019 8:08 AM
Jul 2018
Its a good anime but they dont speak so much about the history
and is center from another tell
Jan 19, 2019 10:38 AM

Nov 2018
I love this anime even if the production is all over the place, the pacing doesn't work, the scenes don't have much impact. So, i really don't understand why I like this so much
Jan 19, 2019 5:09 PM

Jan 2015
LukesYGO_WSonYT said:
This was a really good and enjoyable episode.

I liked the story of Don Quixote, his passion and determination to never give up in what he believes in was rather inspiring.

He also kept his promise, he never forgot once the world was back to normal.

I love the scene where Ex turned into Little Red Riding Hood and absolute burned the windmill to cinders, he showed great power there.

Ah so that guy is Loki, definitely will be seeing more of him in the future episode no doubt about that, he looks like a lot of trouble.

I went to the wikipedia afterwards for more details of his story and it was quite good.

Looking forward to watching more.

thanks man, leaving me with hope that there arent just complainers haters that watch this anime.
I'm glad someone enjoy it like me.

This anime isn't even bad, sure whatever, it could've been better if they adapted it faithfully with game story, but whatever, i didn't play the game so i'm not thinking about it :P
Jan 19, 2019 7:37 PM

Oct 2015
I enjoyed this episode particularly Don't Quixote's character, he is just so funny and his story had meaning. When he compared Ex to that Sancho guy made me laugh so hard, I guess maybe they're similar on their timid nature.

I wonder who is this Loki guy Ex met and it seems to anger the Blondie?
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 20, 2019 12:58 AM

Dec 2014
well nice to see another story though I did not know this one... nice to see outside plot too
Jan 20, 2019 3:27 PM
Jan 2019
Dulcea will be remembered in his heart ALA Namine
Jan 20, 2019 6:10 PM

Dec 2015
I pretty sure Ex will be transformed into Don Quixote in future episodes......
Jan 22, 2019 4:13 AM

Oct 2008
So this time, it's Don Quixote, his underling Sancho and fantasy princess Dulcinea...
the episode itself was okayish...
Loki always your bad guy huh...
3/5.

Jan 22, 2019 6:38 AM

Oct 2011
Renkini said:
What's next? Snow White with an apple bazooka?

I would watch that. It would improve this anime lol
Jan 22, 2019 8:56 AM
Mar 2017
So the story in which our adventurers enter is "Don Quixote de la Mancha" ... Wow that is an excellent reference, I was delighted they use this story and present us with a recognized character in literature.
Ex became Sancho Panza and that caused me a lot of laughter, his good action turned into something very funny.
The design of Dulcinea is very beautiful, I love how she explain the story of Don Quixote, short but precise and that is very nice.
Reina and Shane are so adorable, Shane spying from the barrel was very funny and Reina when she was questioning the kids her stomach growled because she was hungry, her face is so adorable. At the end Don Quixote is recognized as a hero, but it is also discovered that Dulcinea is an invention of Don Quixote's imagination and that she appeared when he attacked the mill.
The monster mill I llked a lot, a good reference to the delusions of Don Quixote and the fight against the monster was not bad. So the boys can use more than one story character, Ex manages to defeat the monster with the powers of Little Red Riding Hood. It was sad the farewell of Dulcinea and Don Quixote, but at least his story was restored to normal.
Today appeared the main villain, Loki and it seems that Reina and Ex have a complicated past with this guy.
Jan 25, 2019 1:29 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
HEY THAT WAS PRETTY GOOD !!!! :DDD I See now, So they can transform into characters from past stories they've met by connecting with them through that amulet XD
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 26, 2019 4:38 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so much for Don Quixote's dramatic entrance. But to think that he was essentially an old man who after reading too much books believed himself a knight. Still looks like the town's really on edge due to the rumours though. The revelation about the holy maiden sure was interesting. To think that the Don's imagination was strong enough to create a character. Quite the dilemma that Reina and Ex have there though. So Ex also gained the power of red riding hood after saving her huh. Glad that things ended well for this zone. Decent ep that featured some decent characters and fights. Though i wished that they actually showed the defence of the town though. Still at least we saw our first story villain.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2019 6:06 AM

Nov 2016
Had a hard time paying attention, if this doesn't improve then I'm better of dropping this series.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grimms Notes The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2019

58 by Shadow-god1 »»
Nov 7, 2022 3:36 PM

» any memorable quotes from this anime?

KawaseGawa - Nov 14, 2021

3 by KawaseGawa »»
Nov 14, 2021 9:05 PM

Poll: » Grimms Notes The Animation Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2019

18 by Janethan23 »»
Aug 1, 2021 5:27 PM

» the song name in the last episode?

ibraheem234 - Mar 31, 2019

3 by KryzakamiHrybami »»
Sep 7, 2020 1:02 PM

Poll: » Grimms Notes The Animation Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

20 by Magito »»
Aug 23, 2019 10:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.